1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

something highly fragrant

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by steveb1973, Feb 22, 2006.

1. steveb1973

steveb1973 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    HI,
    I require a nice bush/plant that can be grown in a pot on a patio....something extremely fragrant would be good....last year in the south of France there was an un-interesting looking hedge type plant around a car park....The whole car park smelt as if someone had just sprayed the worlds nicest air freshener all over..... something to make my patio smell lovely in summer...any ideas what it was?...or any ideas of other plants please!!!!

2. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,512
    Could have been Pittosporum Tobira. I have the variegated form and they both have a heady scent from their creamy yellow flowers .Mine is in a pot and survived the cold snaps unscathed. The common green form has glossy green leaves and makes a good container plant(can be pruned).

3. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Try posting this in General Discussion for more suggestions.
    How about Abelias? All are fragrant, some are evergreen, most flower for a good while in mid or late summer. Some tend to branch a bit.
    I've never had Pittosporum- sounds lovely. [​IMG]