1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Something is eating my Acer

Discussion in 'Wildlife Corner' started by Silentmonkey, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Silentmonkey

Silentmonkey Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    WP_20130725_002.jpg Help!!

My wife and I have been trying to grow an Acer for years but we keep failing miserably. We are now on our third in 5 years they keep dying off. The latest we brought about 3 months ago and its showing the same early signs the others did. The leaves are being eaten by something. I have looked all over the plant, its trunk and under the leaves and I cannot find any signs of bugs, eggs or larvae.

I've included a picture to see if anyone recognizes the problem from the leaf destruction.

2. GazSuttonUK

GazSuttonUK Gardener

Ratings:
    +26
  3. noisette47

noisette47 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +14,389
    Lucky you...Provado is still available in the UK! Or you could try the 'bio' route with nematodes, but they need very particular conditions to work effectively.

• Informative Informative x 1