Spam pests.

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by Retired, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Retired

Retired Some people are so poor all they have is money

Retired.
    Ratings:
    +5,790
    Hi,

Thanks ricky101. At least bikes in those days looked like bikes. When I bought my BMW; my friend Tony (Thunderbird) and I rode to Ossett to gain the M1 Motorway; on the slip road I stopped and let Tony take over with me on pillion then headed down the slip road; as I sat pillion I thought when's Tony going to open it up a bit I thought we were only doing about 30 mph in virtual silence; I looked at the speedo over his shoulder which was showing 80 mph; at the Barnsley turn off Tony stuck his arm out to indicate leaving the motorway and then stopped on the hard shoulder; I asked what was wrong; his reply; "Take over this bikes scaring me to death"; compared to his Thunderbird the BMW was silent and he hadn't realized he'd hit 80 mph with it; I said you don't need to stick your arm out either it's got indicators. I always smile at young riders on their 50cc screaming bikes; they relate noise to speed but I reckon we've all been and done it who ride big bikes. I'm definitely getting older at 72 and I've not been on a bike for over 40 years and don't want to ride a bike these days as they are much more dangerous given the volume of traffic.

My first bike was a BSA C11G 250cc ARMANDII and I've ridden lots of BSA's; Vincent Black Widow I've not heard of unless it's a nickname which then it's a good name given it's performance all those years ago; a late friend of mine had a Vincent Rapide combi. I fully restored an Ariel 1,000cc Square Four which I ran solo; with a chum on pillion we set off to go camping in The Lakes; just outside Preston on the M6 motorway the engine destroyed itself internally breaking a rod and two pistons in the rear cylinders; it was a rubbish bike as was my Norton Atlas 750cc which used to shatter its piston skirts. Best line through corners sure brings back memories; do you bikers recall "Ogri"?

Back to the plot; in future when I receive spam I can't block I'll just ignore it as you kindly suggest ricky101; I'm over-keen being a mechanical engineer; when something isn't just right it bugs me.

Kind regards, Colin.

• Like Like x 1