1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Spear & Jackson 10y Guarantee.

Discussion in 'Retailer Feedback' started by IceColdRum, May 6, 2016.

1. IceColdRum

IceColdRum Cacti & Herb Mad

Customer Service Advisor
    Ratings:
    +837
    I can't believe how simple this process has been!

I bought a Spear & Jackson garden fork about 2 years ago from a local retailer which I used sporadically for a few months but it mainly languished in the shed, but as I recently got an allotment it got a new lease of life as my dedicated allotment fork unfortunately within a week it looked like this:

[​IMG]

Being rather miffed at my £20 garden fork being in two I emailed Spear & Jackson to find out about this 10 year guarantee which to be honest I'd always assumed was a marketing gimmick...

Well two days later and after supplying a couple of photos to show the model and damage they've dispatched a new one to me no questions asked!

I'm actually quite shocked, it's not often you get such good customer service from any company.

Well chuffed :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
      Ratings:
      +31,818
      Nice one,:):dbgrtmb:

Hardward store now for 4 candles

• Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
      +21,619
      I too was equally impressed. So good to see decent customer service and a guarantee honoured . They've replaced two tools for me which suggests either I'm abusing them or the shaft wood isn't fantastic perhaps

• IceColdRum

Customer Service Advisor
      Ratings:
      +837
      After I bought the tool I read quite a few reviews which said that they had a habit of breaking in exactly the same way pictured above :/

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

• pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,492
      If the handle it gonna break, I think it will break there, it gets the most leverage in the timber at that point, and its the thinnest section.

I had a s/s fork replaced twice before I gave up and bought a proper steel one, I think most people just dont bother telling them.
      Once the plastic shaft broke and the second time a tine snapped off.-

• IceColdRum

Customer Service Advisor
      Ratings:
      +837
      My main fork is one piece of steel from prongs to handle and it's lovely :) it cost me £2 at a car boot a few years ago and you'd have to rip it from my cold dead fingers before I let it go and even then I think I'd consider coming back for it :lunapic 130165696578242 5:

• Like Like x 1
        Last edited: May 8, 2016
      • IceColdRum

Customer Service Advisor
        Ratings:
        +837
        Replacement fork arrived today along with an invoice (for £0) in the post, poor bloke that delivered it turned up in a huge great pallet wagon, they must have just stuck it in with some wholesale orders.