1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Why would you want a dog?

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Vince, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Jimcub

Jimcub Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +614
    Digby crept very slowly at the snowy mound in the garden with wisps of red showing through, got real close only to realise it was his full size football which fits in his mouth by the way.
    Then wildly ran around the garden

• Funny Funny x 1
    • LauraRoslin

LauraRoslin Gardener

Ratings:
      +428
      Don't read this if you're squeamish.

Then again .... if you're squeamish, how come you own a dog? :doggieshmooze:

The other day George decided to poo right up against a privet hedge. I was getting a bag out of my pocket so not looking at him when he suddenly yelped and ran off, half a poo hanging out of him. I chased after him whilst he was desperately trying to see what it was going on with his rear end. Just as I got there, he did a bum scrape along the muddy grass..... yep, all up his tail, all over his rear end......

Him - :frown: Me - :ouch1:

I took him home, all the way trying to work out how to clean him up without taking him in the house and without the use of a hosepipe. And with his fear of water. Lots of time, lots of bowls of water and lots of cloths that went straight in the bin afterwards. Oh... and two pairs of rubber gloves for me, worn at the same time.

• Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
      +17,487
      Nico is a year old today :)
      A bundle of fun, mischief and life. He had quite a few presents and I led the Happy Birthday song.
      Never regretted and always treasured:)
      Mind you, he is a lovely white golden retriever but, after his walk today in the warm sunshine, he found a muddy area to play in!!! Not so white now:noidea:

• Jimcub

Jimcub Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +614
      Ours is a yellow crossed with a red fox lab so unusual markings, he likes to get mud on his feet then wants to walk on the beige carpet.

So what floor coverings for a lounge works best, carpet or laminate I’d love to know as ours is going to be changed this year.

Things about carpet which we have now is hoovering to get the constant hair he sheds all year, and the shampooing every month to cleaning it up.

• LauraRoslin

LauraRoslin Gardener

Ratings:
      +428
      I would get a carpet roughly the same colour as him, or the mud. Depending what gets deposited on your carpet most. Laminate is good for getting up hair and mud more easily but it is loud. Your footsteps will be a lot louder and his claws will be constantly clicking.

It's also easier for him to slip and slide when he runs or jumps. The dog belonging to a friend of mine came flying down the hall towards her, tried to stop and rammed the front door with his head. Popped a vertebra in his neck. Cost a fortune in vets bills

• Jimcub

Jimcub Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +614
      Yes we have hard floors in the rest of the downstairs, he loves to slide on his paws on the tiled conservatory floor when chasing a ball, but no nail sounds on tiles only on the laminate in the hall.