Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Arlandria
    Like x 4

Arlandria's Long-Term Garden Renovation Thread

I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot...
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot either which I know they do (these days at least). Never know though!Ooh thank you - I'll pop...
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot either which I know they do (these days at least)....
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Lolimac
    Like x 11

Rose Parterre...

WOW...I've only just read this thread @lolimac it looks absolutely gorgeous.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. David E Peacock

New English Yew hedge - I am about to plant my potted Yew's (80/100cm ) do I trim to shape after p

I guess I'm still unsure when is best time to trim to shape!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jack Sparrow

Improvising a covered walkway

You could just buy the additional arch now but build in spring if need be
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. jowwy
    Like x 3

Greenhouse project

It's looking great now !
    It's looking great now !
    It's looking great now !
    It's looking great now !
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Graham B

Raised beds for veg

It looks good Graham, nice and solid. :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. NigelJ

Next B B Project

Now have all the quotes, not a lot of difference in price. Currently thinking it over, but have to decide soon.
    Now have all the quotes, not a lot of difference in price. Currently thinking it over, but have to decide soon.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Jack Snakes
    Like x 4

New House

I think trimming is allowed with permission but, unless the tree presents a danger or is diseased, it is unlikely to be felled. The parish guard their rurality (is that a word...?) fiercely....
    I think trimming is allowed with permission but, unless the tree presents a danger or is diseased, it is unlikely to be felled. The parish guard their rurality (is that a word...?) fiercely. Traditional agriculture methods are supported. I think I can fell the fir trees that are on the field...
    I think trimming is allowed with permission but, unless the tree presents a danger or is diseased, it is unlikely to be felled. The parish guard their rurality (is that a word...?) fiercely. Traditional agriculture methods are supported. I think...
    I think trimming is allowed with permission but, unless the tree presents a danger or is diseased, it is unlikely to be felled. The parish guard their rurality (is that a word...?) fiercely....
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. DevonPhil

New Garden Shed Build

Well these build schedules do tend to slip. Blame Brexit lolDon't forget we'll want internal shots of the set up too!
    Well these build schedules do tend to slip. Blame Brexit lolDon't forget we'll want internal shots of the set up too!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Ianto

Concrete slabs as weed control?

I use a fair amount of membrane in my very large garden as have no desire to spend my whole life weeding:). I use approx 1 ft square bits of old carpet with a hole in the middle for growing...
    I use a fair amount of membrane in my very large garden as have no desire to spend my whole life weeding:). I use approx 1 ft square bits of old carpet with a hole in the middle for growing Cauliflower and Broccoli /Calebrese which solve the weed problem. As JWK says potatoes form a canopy and...
    I use a fair amount of membrane in my very large garden as have no desire to spend my whole life weeding:). I use approx 1 ft square bits of old carpet with a hole in the middle for growing Cauliflower and Broccoli /Calebrese which solve the weed...
    I use a fair amount of membrane in my very large garden as have no desire to spend my whole life weeding:). I use approx 1 ft square bits of old carpet with a hole in the middle for growing...
    spud bed.jpg spud bed 2.jpg 16312050627186950531445176349773.jpg 168E47BB-C464-4601-9346-5A9C77ED7E5C.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. jowwy
    Like x 6

Built a mini greenhouse

My skills are limited, but i got a sharp pencil lol…….
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Retired

Third year meadow.

Hi,Early start up the moutain with spade and rake this morning doing the final touches then I've just broadcast the new wildflower seeds; I'm now well in front already for next year saving lots...
    Hi,Early start up the moutain with spade and rake this morning doing the final touches then I've just broadcast the new wildflower seeds; I'm now well in front already for next year saving lots of work on the meadow; I've rotavated for the last time so I'll see how the meadow develops.I'm...
    Hi,Early start up the moutain with spade and rake this morning doing the final touches then I've just broadcast the new wildflower seeds; I'm now well in front already for next year saving lots of work on the meadow; I've rotavated for the last...
    Hi,Early start up the moutain with spade and rake this morning doing the final touches then I've just broadcast the new wildflower seeds; I'm now well in front already for next year saving lots...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. jowwy
    Like x 10

Garden Arbor

Totally worth the effort and thanks for the details :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. rachk116

Advice and inspiration please

I'd actually considered carving out the middles and drilling some drainage holes to create a planter but I think that's a bit beyond my skills. I might get a shallow planter to put on them though .
    I'd actually considered carving out the middles and drilling some drainage holes to create a planter but I think that's a bit beyond my skills. I might get a shallow planter to put on them though .
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Sheal
    Like x 14

One year on....and beyond

Thank you for the compliments everyone, they're much appreciated. :)No ranch gates @shiney but we're still yet to get a name plate up.So are we @Michael Hewett. We're yet to find out what...
    Thank you for the compliments everyone, they're much appreciated. :)No ranch gates @shiney but we're still yet to get a name plate up.So are we @Michael Hewett. We're yet to find out what happens when a 100 strong herd of cattle passes by. :doh:Anything colourful would look very out of place...
    Thank you for the compliments everyone, they're much appreciated. :)No ranch gates @shiney but we're still yet to get a name plate up.So are we @Michael Hewett. We're yet to find out what happens when a 100 strong herd of cattle passes by. :doh:...
    Thank you for the compliments everyone, they're much appreciated. :)No ranch gates @shiney but we're still yet to get a name plate up.So are we @Michael Hewett. We're yet to find out what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Usman Qureshi

DIY Garden Levelling and Turfing Advice

Welcome to the forum UsmanLooking good so far. Have you got a ladder or could borrow one, that will help getting level. Having tilled your soil will be fluffed up, it needs compacting. To do...
    Welcome to the forum UsmanLooking good so far. Have you got a ladder or could borrow one, that will help getting level. Having tilled your soil will be fluffed up, it needs compacting. To do this walk on your heels, no joke, all over, it will take a while as your area is big. If you don't...
    Welcome to the forum UsmanLooking good so far. Have you got a ladder or could borrow one, that will help getting level. Having tilled your soil will be fluffed up, it needs compacting. To do this walk on your heels, no joke, all over, it will...
    Welcome to the forum UsmanLooking good so far. Have you got a ladder or could borrow one, that will help getting level. Having tilled your soil will be fluffed up, it needs compacting. To do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Retired
    Like x 3

On top at last.

Interesting stuff Colin, and yes, my story is similar since I went through a lot of bikes and eventually found a BMW R100 RS and stuck with that until it wore out, and finding myself suddenly...
    Interesting stuff Colin, and yes, my story is similar since I went through a lot of bikes and eventually found a BMW R100 RS and stuck with that until it wore out, and finding myself suddenly solvent I bought the Guzzi. It´s getting bored with me now, so the Benelli 400 was a nod to my advancing...
    Interesting stuff Colin, and yes, my story is similar since I went through a lot of bikes and eventually found a BMW R100 RS and stuck with that until it wore out, and finding myself suddenly solvent I bought the Guzzi. It´s getting bored with me...
    Interesting stuff Colin, and yes, my story is similar since I went through a lot of bikes and eventually found a BMW R100 RS and stuck with that until it wore out, and finding myself suddenly...
    31 July 2021_0003.JPG 31 July 2021_0004.JPG 31 July 2021_0005.JPG 31 July 2021_0006.JPG 31 July 2021_0007.JPG 31 July 2021_0008.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Temmy

New Garden Project

A bit of an update; I installed my first bit of 110mm drainage. Wooo! Just a temp solution to at least replace the pipe that was there and better take water away from the house.
    A bit of an update; I installed my first bit of 110mm drainage. Wooo! Just a temp solution to at least replace the pipe that was there and better take water away from the house.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Jack Sparrow

Making a Removable Washing Line

If I was using the screw with a ring it would need to be at least 8mm and fixed at right angles to the line. The plate and ring looks a better bet, though you might have to drill the holes a bit...
    If I was using the screw with a ring it would need to be at least 8mm and fixed at right angles to the line. The plate and ring looks a better bet, though you might have to drill the holes a bit bigger to accept a suitable screw. Use nuts and bolts on wood under two inches thick. Carabiners can...
    If I was using the screw with a ring it would need to be at least 8mm and fixed at right angles to the line. The plate and ring looks a better bet, though you might have to drill the holes a bit bigger to accept a suitable screw. Use nuts and...
    If I was using the screw with a ring it would need to be at least 8mm and fixed at right angles to the line. The plate and ring looks a better bet, though you might have to drill the holes a bit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. SandyNI
    Like x 19

My secret garden

@Selleri you're a mind reader! I desperately want a water feature and a pond. A pond would probably be a mistake because of the falling leaves.... mountains of the little bleeders every Autumn....
    @Selleri you're a mind reader! I desperately want a water feature and a pond. A pond would probably be a mistake because of the falling leaves.... mountains of the little bleeders every Autumn. With a water feature I wanted a waterfall in the rockery... it would have to be solar as I can't do...
    @Selleri you're a mind reader! I desperately want a water feature and a pond. A pond would probably be a mistake because of the falling leaves.... mountains of the little bleeders every Autumn. With a water feature I wanted a waterfall in the...
    @Selleri you're a mind reader! I desperately want a water feature and a pond. A pond would probably be a mistake because of the falling leaves.... mountains of the little bleeders every Autumn....
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. kiehugh

I hate my front garden... help please

@Clare G has a good point, it might be worth considering to hire someone to do the boring and heavy bits and focus on the delights of designing and planting. It's a good investment and will...
    @Clare G has a good point, it might be worth considering to hire someone to do the boring and heavy bits and focus on the delights of designing and planting. It's a good investment and will support local economy- and to get it properly done will increase the house value and save a lot of fixing...
    @Clare G has a good point, it might be worth considering to hire someone to do the boring and heavy bits and focus on the delights of designing and planting. It's a good investment and will support local economy- and to get it properly done will...
    @Clare G has a good point, it might be worth considering to hire someone to do the boring and heavy bits and focus on the delights of designing and planting. It's a good investment and will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. NAlberto

Barn Shed - air flow to minimise condensation/mould

I've just had another look at the mould area in the pictures and can see a clear line in it which looks like it had something leaning there. So it probably is just surface mould and not what I...
    I've just had another look at the mould area in the pictures and can see a clear line in it which looks like it had something leaning there. So it probably is just surface mould and not what I originally thought I was looking at.
    I've just had another look at the mould area in the pictures and can see a clear line in it which looks like it had something leaning there. So it probably is just surface mould and not what I originally thought I was looking at.
    I've just had another look at the mould area in the pictures and can see a clear line in it which looks like it had something leaning there. So it probably is just surface mould and not what I...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice