Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Lolimac
    Like x 11

Rose Parterre...

Oh that's sad, my son kept chickens but the fox got them all. There is something lovely seeing chickens roaming free.
    Oh that's sad, my son kept chickens but the fox got them all. There is something lovely seeing chickens roaming free.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Arlandria
    Like x 4

Arlandria's Long-Term Garden Renovation Thread

I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot...
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot either which I know they do (these days at least). Never know though!Ooh thank you - I'll pop...
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot either which I know they do (these days at least)....
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Retired

Third year meadow.

You're so right @Retired , it's important to keep yourself occupied both mentally and physically:dbgrtmb:
    You're so right @Retired , it's important to keep yourself occupied both mentally and physically:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. no idea!

Plants/hedging for privacy in an awkward position. Seeking advice

Very kind of you all, thank you My aching limbs from doing all sorts of stuff recently means I'm no longer able to go and do anything for other people @Plantminded ....;) I'm not very good at...
    Very kind of you all, thank you My aching limbs from doing all sorts of stuff recently means I'm no longer able to go and do anything for other people @Plantminded ....;) I'm not very good at 'just gardening' as such. Always need a project! The current rebuilding of shed is a bit of a drag...
    Very kind of you all, thank you My aching limbs from doing all sorts of stuff recently means I'm no longer able to go and do anything for other people @Plantminded ....;) I'm not very good at 'just gardening' as such. Always need a project! The...
    Very kind of you all, thank you My aching limbs from doing all sorts of stuff recently means I'm no longer able to go and do anything for other people @Plantminded ....;) I'm not very good at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Welshman

FrontGarden refurb.

We got some work going on….
    IMG_0505.jpeg IMG_0510.jpeg IMG_0511.jpeg IMG_0512.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. a1154

Area between new drive and garage, lower down than drive

I'd probably grass the larger part of it leaving a circular area under the tree. Maybe plant that up with hardy cyclamen, blue bells and spring bulbs.I can't think of much that is likely to...
    I'd probably grass the larger part of it leaving a circular area under the tree. Maybe plant that up with hardy cyclamen, blue bells and spring bulbs.I can't think of much that is likely to grow under the tree during the summer months, so probably a layer of bark just so it still looks tidy...
    I'd probably grass the larger part of it leaving a circular area under the tree. Maybe plant that up with hardy cyclamen, blue bells and spring bulbs.I can't think of much that is likely to grow under the tree during the summer months, so...
    I'd probably grass the larger part of it leaving a circular area under the tree. Maybe plant that up with hardy cyclamen, blue bells and spring bulbs.I can't think of much that is likely to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Welshman
    Like x 9

Back garden refurb

No plans for the beds as yet…..
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Esoxlucius

Butterfly room

You might like to check establishments such as Gallery — Stratford Butterfly Farm Maybe they would be willing to share some of their secrets? PS And they do sell pupae.
    You might like to check establishments such as Gallery — Stratford Butterfly Farm Maybe they would be willing to share some of their secrets? PS And they do sell pupae.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. LeadFarmer

Castor Oil plant, keep or get rid?

I would keep it. It looks healthy, and you might find it difficult to get something else established in the shade of the neighbour's tree (possibly in the root zone of the tree as well).
    I would keep it. It looks healthy, and you might find it difficult to get something else established in the shade of the neighbour's tree (possibly in the root zone of the tree as well).
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sunshinesouth

Seeking Advice: Keeping Patios Clean After Jet Washing

We've got brushed concrete on the 280m2 terrace and reconstituted concrete slabs around the pool area. The concrete has steadily been acquiring black lichen spots and nothing short of an atomic...
    We've got brushed concrete on the 280m2 terrace and reconstituted concrete slabs around the pool area. The concrete has steadily been acquiring black lichen spots and nothing short of an atomic bomb will shift them. The slabs are more resistant, being smoother, and an annual pressure-wash...
    We've got brushed concrete on the 280m2 terrace and reconstituted concrete slabs around the pool area. The concrete has steadily been acquiring black lichen spots and nothing short of an atomic bomb will shift them. The slabs are more resistant,...
    We've got brushed concrete on the 280m2 terrace and reconstituted concrete slabs around the pool area. The concrete has steadily been acquiring black lichen spots and nothing short of an atomic...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sheal
    Like x 14

One year on....and beyond

Thank you everyone for your kind and welcome thoughts, they're much appreciated. :)This move was a decision that had to be made with the head and not the heart. I sat on the back doorstep a few...
    Thank you everyone for your kind and welcome thoughts, they're much appreciated. :)This move was a decision that had to be made with the head and not the heart. I sat on the back doorstep a few weeks ago looking out over the valley and gave myself a talking too. That done I'm now ready to leave...
    Thank you everyone for your kind and welcome thoughts, they're much appreciated. :)This move was a decision that had to be made with the head and not the heart. I sat on the back doorstep a few weeks ago looking out over the valley and gave...
    Thank you everyone for your kind and welcome thoughts, they're much appreciated. :)This move was a decision that had to be made with the head and not the heart. I sat on the back doorstep a few...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. lizzie27

Non slip coating for ceramic tiles

Thanks @ricky101, that flooring looks interesting, I'll have another look tomorrow and measure up the space.@amancalledgeorge, it was Liberon Anti-slip coating from memory, but there were others.
    Thanks @ricky101, that flooring looks interesting, I'll have another look tomorrow and measure up the space.@amancalledgeorge, it was Liberon Anti-slip coating from memory, but there were others.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Rinchen

Please suggest ideas to transform plot!

This is what I would do as well. It can be done quickly and without too much effort.
    This is what I would do as well. It can be done quickly and without too much effort.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jimmy2024

Help required with reoccurring weeds or strange growth

You will have noticed that I did not recommend this process, merely mentioned the legend. As the OP, like too many posters, does not give his location, it would be unreasonable to encourage him...
    You will have noticed that I did not recommend this process, merely mentioned the legend. As the OP, like too many posters, does not give his location, it would be unreasonable to encourage him to investigate the possible truth. However, for those of an enquiring mind, I refer you to...
    You will have noticed that I did not recommend this process, merely mentioned the legend. As the OP, like too many posters, does not give his location, it would be unreasonable to encourage him to investigate the possible truth. However, for...
    You will have noticed that I did not recommend this process, merely mentioned the legend. As the OP, like too many posters, does not give his location, it would be unreasonable to encourage him...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. katecat58

Drilling into a brick wall

It's also what else you can do that you perhaps may just make do with. We put together a couple of raised beds with larger timber than we perhaps would have used or would have used brackets for,...
    It's also what else you can do that you perhaps may just make do with. We put together a couple of raised beds with larger timber than we perhaps would have used or would have used brackets for, whereas the SDS put in coach bolts all sides in minutes. Granted they can be expensive, but you can...
    It's also what else you can do that you perhaps may just make do with. We put together a couple of raised beds with larger timber than we perhaps would have used or would have used brackets for, whereas the SDS put in coach bolts all sides in...
    It's also what else you can do that you perhaps may just make do with. We put together a couple of raised beds with larger timber than we perhaps would have used or would have used brackets for,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Scotmac

Roughcast Garden Wall

Oh great, I can get them all in the one place - thank you :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Butterfly6

Cockle shells

Cockle shell paths were mentioned in the last episode of Gardeners’ World @Butterfly6, made popular by Derek Jarman’s garden at Dungeness.
    Cockle shell paths were mentioned in the last episode of Gardeners’ World @Butterfly6, made popular by Derek Jarman’s garden at Dungeness.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. PassTheFox

My Own Garden Rescue

You can enjoy today and look forward to spring. :) Gardening is a long game. :blue thumb:
    You can enjoy today and look forward to spring. :) Gardening is a long game. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. PJA190
    Like x 9

Slow and steady - Beginner :-)

So, in the theme of the only thing that is doing the thing is doing the thing... I got doing some of the thing.1. I bought some slab/stepping stones. I have a 3month year old baby. So I want...
    So, in the theme of the only thing that is doing the thing is doing the thing... I got doing some of the thing.1. I bought some slab/stepping stones. I have a 3month year old baby. So I want to create a little garden area. So the plan is..I'm going to create a little path. I've bought some...
    So, in the theme of the only thing that is doing the thing is doing the thing... I got doing some of the thing.1. I bought some slab/stepping stones. I have a 3month year old baby. So I want to create a little garden area. So the plan...
    So, in the theme of the only thing that is doing the thing is doing the thing... I got doing some of the thing.1. I bought some slab/stepping stones. I have a 3month year old baby. So I want...
    image.jpg Slide1.JPG Slide2.JPG Slide3.JPG Slide4.JPG Slide5.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. ManderW

Overhaul a shady garden - good resources?

It's weird that the woodruff is quite happy on one side of the garden but not the other. I've tried to transplant some before and it wasn't happy.Since my last post I have dug up most of the...
    It's weird that the woodruff is quite happy on one side of the garden but not the other. I've tried to transplant some before and it wasn't happy.Since my last post I have dug up most of the dandelions and alchemilla molis, and made a horrible muddy mess in the process. I'm thinking about...
    It's weird that the woodruff is quite happy on one side of the garden but not the other. I've tried to transplant some before and it wasn't happy.Since my last post I have dug up most of the dandelions and alchemilla molis, and made a horrible...
    It's weird that the woodruff is quite happy on one side of the garden but not the other. I've tried to transplant some before and it wasn't happy.Since my last post I have dug up most of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. bigbore
    Like x 10

My Little Haven Part 2

Well you’ve got the sun today now it feels Tropical . It’s a lovely garden like the style , planting and design worth it in the end !!
    Well you’ve got the sun today now it feels Tropical . It’s a lovely garden like the style , planting and design worth it in the end !!
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. o-Riverside-o

Brick border edging

I haven't cemented in my brick border edges....which is just as well as I've moved them three times to increase the size of the borders....and can't rule out doing it again! :heehee: They're just set on...
    I haven't cemented in my brick border edges....which is just as well as I've moved them three times to increase the size of the borders....and can't rule out doing it again! :heehee: They're just set on firmed soil, fine as long as you don't lean on them!
    I haven't cemented in my brick border edges....which is just as well as I've moved them three times to increase the size of the borders....and can't rule out doing it again! :heehee: They're just set on firmed soil, fine as long as you don't lean on them!
    I haven't cemented in my brick border edges....which is just as well as I've moved them three times to increase the size of the borders....and can't rule out doing it again! :heehee: They're just set on...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice