1. THE MAY PHOTO COMP IS OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS COME AND JOIN IN.. AWW GO ON YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE PERFECT PIC SOMEWHERE IN YOU!
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Lolimac
    Like x 11

Rose Parterre...

Excellent! As others have already said, its really come along in the last few years.
    Excellent! As others have already said, its really come along in the last few years.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Eden1

Creating a Wildflower border to lawn

I'm just a novice but IMHO no prep needed..you would just need a reasonably fine tilth to sow wild flowers and the poorer the ground the better...not a good idea to try to sow seed into a lawn as...
    I'm just a novice but IMHO no prep needed..you would just need a reasonably fine tilth to sow wild flowers and the poorer the ground the better...not a good idea to try to sow seed into a lawn as the grass would compete too much.I think you may get away with sowing wild flower seeds now..but...
    I'm just a novice but IMHO no prep needed..you would just need a reasonably fine tilth to sow wild flowers and the poorer the ground the better...not a good idea to try to sow seed into a lawn as the grass would compete too much.I think you may...
    I'm just a novice but IMHO no prep needed..you would just need a reasonably fine tilth to sow wild flowers and the poorer the ground the better...not a good idea to try to sow seed into a lawn as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Trunky

Making steps using sleepers - advice please.

This stair calculator is useful for working out how many steps and how high each one needs to be.Stair Calculator
    This stair calculator is useful for working out how many steps and how high each one needs to be.Stair Calculator
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Snorky85
    Like x 7

Snork's Garden Redesign Project

They certainly look good from August to October. We removed a bigger one than this and split it. When I say 'we' I mean we had to pay someone to dig it out as I'm too feeble to do it myself :old: :heehee:. ...
    They certainly look good from August to October. We removed a bigger one than this and split it. When I say 'we' I mean we had to pay someone to dig it out as I'm too feeble to do it myself :old: :heehee:. The small pieces that we have potted will soon romp away.
    They certainly look good from August to October. We removed a bigger one than this and split it. When I say 'we' I mean we had to pay someone to dig it out as I'm too feeble to do it myself :old: :heehee:. The small pieces that we have potted will soon romp...
    They certainly look good from August to October. We removed a bigger one than this and split it. When I say 'we' I mean we had to pay someone to dig it out as I'm too feeble to do it myself :old: :heehee:. ...
    current garden.JPG new design.JPG 260_6066.JPG how-to-design-and-build-a-pond.jpg Pebble Pond 3.jpg IMG_6372.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jack Sparrow

Front Yard Tidy Up

While I was out there I tidied up the other side. I found a new home for the alliums. In the autumn I'll look for more aubrieta (or equivalent) to tidy up the front edge. Everything else I...
    While I was out there I tidied up the other side. I found a new home for the alliums. In the autumn I'll look for more aubrieta (or equivalent) to tidy up the front edge. Everything else I planted in there previously has taken really well.G.
    While I was out there I tidied up the other side. I found a new home for the alliums. In the autumn I'll look for more aubrieta (or equivalent) to tidy up the front edge. Everything else I planted in there previously has taken really well.G.
    While I was out there I tidied up the other side. I found a new home for the alliums. In the autumn I'll look for more aubrieta (or equivalent) to tidy up the front edge. Everything else I...
    20190427_153232.jpg 20190427_161108.jpg 20190519_100024.jpg 20190519_133025.jpg 20190519_154857.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Dave_79

Ideas for this area - rockery?

What I had to do with mine was to build it up at the back as there's a post and panel fence to the left. I had to leave a gap of about nine inches between the rocks and the fence so it wouldn't...
    What I had to do with mine was to build it up at the back as there's a post and panel fence to the left. I had to leave a gap of about nine inches between the rocks and the fence so it wouldn't eventually be pushed over. What you see is about as much sun as it gets. But this phlox does very...
    What I had to do with mine was to build it up at the back as there's a post and panel fence to the left. I had to leave a gap of about nine inches between the rocks and the fence so it wouldn't eventually be pushed over. What you see is about as...
    What I had to do with mine was to build it up at the back as there's a post and panel fence to the left. I had to leave a gap of about nine inches between the rocks and the fence so it wouldn't...
    Rockery 1 (paint).jpg Rockery 2 (paint).jpg P1020722.JPG 45E34E48-5B2A-43A5-9D10-111AB2F97C9E.jpeg 23.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Eden1

My Garden Project - Need some inspiration and advice

We use the black wrap-around cable covers, or tidys, they sell in Ikea (other stockists are probably available)and set these in at the bottom of the planting home, sitting the rootball on top,...
    We use the black wrap-around cable covers, or tidys, they sell in Ikea (other stockists are probably available)and set these in at the bottom of the planting home, sitting the rootball on top, before back-filling with soil/compost mix. We find the split along the length provides the water around...
    We use the black wrap-around cable covers, or tidys, they sell in Ikea (other stockists are probably available)and set these in at the bottom of the planting home, sitting the rootball on top, before back-filling with soil/compost mix. We find...
    We use the black wrap-around cable covers, or tidys, they sell in Ikea (other stockists are probably available)and set these in at the bottom of the planting home, sitting the rootball on top,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sian in Belgium

new garden - deciding how to start!

All part of the food chain...yum!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Leanne2511
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. tangham

Trampoline conversion into sandpit.

Nice job @tangham and I think the trampoline conversion into sandpit should be compulsory (yes my neighbour's have one)
    Nice job @tangham and I think the trampoline conversion into sandpit should be compulsory (yes my neighbour's have one)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Graham B

Raised beds for veg

Thanks! My original plan was a normal cross, but my girlfriend suggested diagonal. It does reduce the area a little, but I do think it looks better, and we don't need that much veg. :)
    Thanks! My original plan was a normal cross, but my girlfriend suggested diagonal. It does reduce the area a little, but I do think it looks better, and we don't need that much veg. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Leanne2511

Ideas on how to cover an ugly corner...

That fence needs softening as you know. First question, is the area under the white gravel also concrete?The area further along the fence is lawn. Why not make a flower/shrub border along it’s...
    That fence needs softening as you know. First question, is the area under the white gravel also concrete?The area further along the fence is lawn. Why not make a flower/shrub border along it’s length and include climbers which will cover the fence above the concrete corner? There are so many...
    That fence needs softening as you know. First question, is the area under the white gravel also concrete?The area further along the fence is lawn. Why not make a flower/shrub border along it’s length and include climbers which will cover the...
    That fence needs softening as you know. First question, is the area under the white gravel also concrete?The area further along the fence is lawn. Why not make a flower/shrub border along it’s...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. TMAK
    Like x 3

New Herbaceous Border

Just a quick update on the border so far. I have been planting a lot in it over the last few weeks. Most are divisions I took last autumn and the result of a greenhouse full of cuttings and...
    Just a quick update on the border so far. I have been planting a lot in it over the last few weeks. Most are divisions I took last autumn and the result of a greenhouse full of cuttings and seeds grown this year and last year. I’m afraid I am not the bed at keeping track of specific names so...
    Just a quick update on the border so far. I have been planting a lot in it over the last few weeks. Most are divisions I took last autumn and the result of a greenhouse full of cuttings and seeds grown this year and last year. I’m afraid I am...
    Just a quick update on the border so far. I have been planting a lot in it over the last few weeks. Most are divisions I took last autumn and the result of a greenhouse full of cuttings and...
    2C748D87-F264-4006-A9C6-73F9DEA3D45F.jpeg DSC00010.JPG DSC00009 (4).JPG DSC00007 (2).JPG DSC00010 (4).JPG DSC00032.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. jim999

Re-laying a small lawn - PREPARATION Question?

You really need a good covering of top soil, 10cm is min but 15cm is pretty standard. This may mean you have to remove soil but it’s the way to insure you have depth for good root formation. If...
    You really need a good covering of top soil, 10cm is min but 15cm is pretty standard. This may mean you have to remove soil but it’s the way to insure you have depth for good root formation. If you had issues with standing water then you may have to consider drainage but you will need to add...
    You really need a good covering of top soil, 10cm is min but 15cm is pretty standard. This may mean you have to remove soil but it’s the way to insure you have depth for good root formation. If you had issues with standing water then you may...
    You really need a good covering of top soil, 10cm is min but 15cm is pretty standard. This may mean you have to remove soil but it’s the way to insure you have depth for good root formation. If...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jamie Russell
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Belto

DIY Propogator

Nice one @Belto :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Mohsin Khan

Need help with putting concrete gravel boards as edging

Makes sense then as a noob I will go for getting cement and ballast separate. The cost is not that different, only £3-4 difference between postcrete and separate cement & ballast, due to the size...
    Makes sense then as a noob I will go for getting cement and ballast separate. The cost is not that different, only £3-4 difference between postcrete and separate cement & ballast, due to the size of my project not being massive.
    Makes sense then as a noob I will go for getting cement and ballast separate. The cost is not that different, only £3-4 difference between postcrete and separate cement & ballast, due to the size of my project not being massive.
    Makes sense then as a noob I will go for getting cement and ballast separate. The cost is not that different, only £3-4 difference between postcrete and separate cement & ballast, due to the size...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. MostlyVegsSouthCotswolds

Will my Fir Trees fill out to a Tidy Hedge?

For sure...now you can plant something you really want there :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. wiseowl

Laundry Basket

I had lots at previous house but can't find any in the 3 local garden centres. I've just ordered packet of seed (none in garden centres either) from Amazon....didn't realise it won't flower til...
    I had lots at previous house but can't find any in the 3 local garden centres. I've just ordered packet of seed (none in garden centres either) from Amazon....didn't realise it won't flower til next year. Oh well, suppose it will be worth waiting for - and once established it will spread for ever.
    I had lots at previous house but can't find any in the 3 local garden centres. I've just ordered packet of seed (none in garden centres either) from Amazon....didn't realise it won't flower til next year. Oh well, suppose it will be worth waiting...
    I had lots at previous house but can't find any in the 3 local garden centres. I've just ordered packet of seed (none in garden centres either) from Amazon....didn't realise it won't flower til...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. NessaJ70

BBQ and pizza oven

Thanks Harry, yes there are some great ideas on Pinterest but wondered if anyone here had any experience of building their own.
    Thanks Harry, yes there are some great ideas on Pinterest but wondered if anyone here had any experience of building their own.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Jack Sparrow

DIY Archway

Made my own 20 years ago.....galvanised steel. Neat, robust, permanent :) Wooden structures all ultimately rot and look a tad heavy I think :)
    Made my own 20 years ago.....galvanised steel. Neat, robust, permanent :) Wooden structures all ultimately rot and look a tad heavy I think :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice