1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. catztail
    Like x 7

free plans!

Thanks, have looked for plans in the past and always come up short, bookmarked.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Moley
    Like x 5

Kitting Out Our First Greenhouse

I have 2 Bayliss autovents and they're at least 25 years old Bayliss Autovents, Greenhouse Autovents, About Us They produce their quality products in the UK, and are always exceptionally...
    I have 2 Bayliss autovents and they're at least 25 years old Bayliss Autovents, Greenhouse Autovents, About Us They produce their quality products in the UK, and are always exceptionally helpful with any enquiries.
    I have 2 Bayliss autovents and they're at least 25 years old Bayliss Autovents, Greenhouse Autovents, About Us They produce their quality products in the UK, and are always exceptionally helpful with any enquiries.
    I have 2 Bayliss autovents and they're at least 25 years old Bayliss Autovents, Greenhouse Autovents, About Us They produce their quality products in the UK, and are always exceptionally...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. martin-f
    Like x 8

Work in progress

Started clearing the top half of the garden a couple of weeks ago, first job was getting two trees down to a manageable height then removing one of the stumps, theirs lots of rubble here thats...
    Started clearing the top half of the garden a couple of weeks ago, first job was getting two trees down to a manageable height then removing one of the stumps, theirs lots of rubble here thats been dumped by me as ive been doing various jobs,Anyhow a few pictures bringing the project up to...
    Started clearing the top half of the garden a couple of weeks ago, first job was getting two trees down to a manageable height then removing one of the stumps, theirs lots of rubble here thats been dumped by me as ive been doing various...
    Started clearing the top half of the garden a couple of weeks ago, first job was getting two trees down to a manageable height then removing one of the stumps, theirs lots of rubble here thats...
    DSCN2909.JPG DSCN6012.JPG DSCN7522.JPG DSCN7523.JPG DSCN7569.JPG DSCN7617.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. rustyroots

Refelting shed roof.

Thanks all.I’m going to do the lot in one, rather than having to do the other one in a few years.Rusty
    Thanks all.I’m going to do the lot in one, rather than having to do the other one in a few years.Rusty
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sandy Ground
    Like x 4

Garden Lighting

Looking forward to seeing photos when it's completed.My wife thinks I've too much "chill out stuff." These are my "all-weather" indulgencesBox Bedroom.She can't complain,...
    Looking forward to seeing photos when it's completed.My wife thinks I've too much "chill out stuff." These are my "all-weather" indulgencesBox Bedroom.She can't complain, our lounge is twice the size of our front room and there's a bigger TV on cable in there and there's...
    Looking forward to seeing photos when it's completed.My wife thinks I've too much "chill out stuff." These are my "all-weather" indulgencesBox Bedroom.She can't complain, our lounge is twice the size of our front room and...
    Looking forward to seeing photos when it's completed.My wife thinks I've too much "chill out stuff." These are my "all-weather" indulgencesBox Bedroom.She can't complain,...
    DSC00005 (2).JPG steinel-nightmatic-2000-twilight-switch-black-8505018-31.jpg 135.JPG P1020566.JPG ice lights.jpg SDC15544.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. clanless

Which garden paint?

Gary i hope it keeps ok mate for you :fingers crossed:....our front and back fencing need doing also this year. :)
    Gary i hope it keeps ok mate for you :fingers crossed:....our front and back fencing need doing also this year. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. rustyroots

Mini garden project.

It's coming along nicely :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. RichD

Raised Beds Construction

I’ve done the same kind of thing in the front of mine but used half log to fill part way I just used rubble and anything I could find and then 18” of soil and manure mixed and everything grows...
    I’ve done the same kind of thing in the front of mine but used half log to fill part way I just used rubble and anything I could find and then 18” of soil and manure mixed and everything grows really well in them word of caution though on the front fence I made 8” deep planters and find the dry...
    I’ve done the same kind of thing in the front of mine but used half log to fill part way I just used rubble and anything I could find and then 18” of soil and manure mixed and everything grows really well in them word of caution though on the...
    I’ve done the same kind of thing in the front of mine but used half log to fill part way I just used rubble and anything I could find and then 18” of soil and manure mixed and everything grows...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. kazzawazza

Advice regarding a retaining wall

Some really interesting suggestions, thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Matt-tropical
    Like x 8

Tiki garden project coming together

Stick with it Matt! With any project there's always that stage where you wonder "why did I ever think this was a good idea?!" but then it all starts coming together, The Vision re-emerges, and...
    Stick with it Matt! With any project there's always that stage where you wonder "why did I ever think this was a good idea?!" but then it all starts coming together, The Vision re-emerges, and all your hard work pays off!
    Stick with it Matt! With any project there's always that stage where you wonder "why did I ever think this was a good idea?!" but then it all starts coming together, The Vision re-emerges, and all your hard work pays off!
    Stick with it Matt! With any project there's always that stage where you wonder "why did I ever think this was a good idea?!" but then it all starts coming together, The Vision re-emerges, and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Gail_68
    Like x 12

New Fencing Idea

It never moves @Under The Flower Pot...it's very solid i can assure you :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sandy Ground
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ricky101

Fence Post - Concrete leach ?

On the subject of installing posts and concrete leach - I'm installing some posts in the front garden for a picket fence.Just this morning concreted 3 in place.I notice that there is now such...
    On the subject of installing posts and concrete leach - I'm installing some posts in the front garden for a picket fence.Just this morning concreted 3 in place.I notice that there is now such a thing as post fix foam - this magic concoction is placed in the hole around the post - it expands...
    On the subject of installing posts and concrete leach - I'm installing some posts in the front garden for a picket fence.Just this morning concreted 3 in place.I notice that there is now such a thing as post fix foam - this magic concoction...
    On the subject of installing posts and concrete leach - I'm installing some posts in the front garden for a picket fence.Just this morning concreted 3 in place.I notice that there is now such...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Tetters
    Like x 19

Mum decided to carve up her lawn...

That is just beautiful.
    That is just beautiful.
    That is just beautiful.
    That is just beautiful.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Nick_MSM
    Like x 10

Garden project/overhaul journal..

How about Garrya elliptica "James Roof" - would certainly grow in a large pot, evergreen, provides privacy *and* you get the lovely silvery "tassels" at this time of year. Would exceed 1.5 metres...
    How about Garrya elliptica "James Roof" - would certainly grow in a large pot, evergreen, provides privacy *and* you get the lovely silvery "tassels" at this time of year. Would exceed 1.5 metres but easy enough to keep under control.silk tassel 'James Roof'
    How about Garrya elliptica "James Roof" - would certainly grow in a large pot, evergreen, provides privacy *and* you get the lovely silvery "tassels" at this time of year. Would exceed 1.5 metres but easy enough to keep under control.silk...
    How about Garrya elliptica "James Roof" - would certainly grow in a large pot, evergreen, provides privacy *and* you get the lovely silvery "tassels" at this time of year. Would exceed 1.5 metres...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. The Unusual Fruit Garden

IBC Water Tank Rain Water Catchment Setup Completed

Yes that was the main concern on buying any IBC tank, they all generally need a good clean out, even if they just had cooking oil in... The company I bought it from is actually a HGV tanker steam...
    Yes that was the main concern on buying any IBC tank, they all generally need a good clean out, even if they just had cooking oil in... The company I bought it from is actually a HGV tanker steam cleaning company, I phoned them to enquire how much it would cost to clean one I'd seen online and...
    Yes that was the main concern on buying any IBC tank, they all generally need a good clean out, even if they just had cooking oil in... The company I bought it from is actually a HGV tanker steam cleaning company, I phoned them to enquire how...
    Yes that was the main concern on buying any IBC tank, they all generally need a good clean out, even if they just had cooking oil in... The company I bought it from is actually a HGV tanker steam...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Snorky85
    Like x 6

Snork's Garden Redesign Project

@Snorky85 I do have two ponds as the Belfast sink pond was completed Nov last year :). I have gravel and rocks in both sink and bath ponds, although I don't know yet if they are ' working ' so to...
    @Snorky85 I do have two ponds as the Belfast sink pond was completed Nov last year :). I have gravel and rocks in both sink and bath ponds, although I don't know yet if they are ' working ' so to speak.
    @Snorky85 I do have two ponds as the Belfast sink pond was completed Nov last year :). I have gravel and rocks in both sink and bath ponds, although I don't know yet if they are ' working ' so to speak.
    @Snorky85 I do have two ponds as the Belfast sink pond was completed Nov last year :). I have gravel and rocks in both sink and bath ponds, although I don't know yet if they are ' working ' so to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Carllennon
    Like x 7

Carl's Garden Project

Nice sized garden. If it were ours, my wife would want me to build a little shed so she could have a couple of alpaccas.Being serious, if you intend to stay there for some time. Make a long term...
    Nice sized garden. If it were ours, my wife would want me to build a little shed so she could have a couple of alpaccas.Being serious, if you intend to stay there for some time. Make a long term plan and tackle bits of it as and when you have the time and money. Start with the bit nearest the...
    Nice sized garden. If it were ours, my wife would want me to build a little shed so she could have a couple of alpaccas.Being serious, if you intend to stay there for some time. Make a long term plan and tackle bits of it as and when you have...
    Nice sized garden. If it were ours, my wife would want me to build a little shed so she could have a couple of alpaccas.Being serious, if you intend to stay there for some time. Make a long term...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Sheal
    Like x 15

First bed, new garden.

That will grow too big for the area Tetters but I do like your choice of plants. I will be investing in 'Sundance' at some point as I miss the one in my last garden which I had a soft spot for. :)
    That will grow too big for the area Tetters but I do like your choice of plants. I will be investing in 'Sundance' at some point as I miss the one in my last garden which I had a soft spot for. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Sandy Ground
    Like x 6

Stepping Stone

I bought some from a local garden centre a few years ago and also had the good fortune to find two pieces washed up on beach after a big winter storm. Mine are more of 'planks ' than squares but...
    I bought some from a local garden centre a few years ago and also had the good fortune to find two pieces washed up on beach after a big winter storm. Mine are more of 'planks ' than squares but they do look like wood and now they've weathered a little they look even better.
    I bought some from a local garden centre a few years ago and also had the good fortune to find two pieces washed up on beach after a big winter storm. Mine are more of 'planks ' than squares but they do look like wood and now they've weathered a...
    I bought some from a local garden centre a few years ago and also had the good fortune to find two pieces washed up on beach after a big winter storm. Mine are more of 'planks ' than squares but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Gail_68
    Like x 5

Decking Project - (Done 2009)

Hi HarryS, Don't apologise just added it for anyone considering doing decking and it would help give them a rough idea:)
    Hi HarryS, Don't apologise just added it for anyone considering doing decking and it would help give them a rough idea:)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options