1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note - to keep GC running smoothly, from time to time the staff will have to close a long thread and continue it in a new thread. You too can do your bit to help - if you have a long running PM conversation, please terminate the conversation and start a new conversation. For further information, please contact a member of the staff team.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. catztail
    Like x 7

free plans!

Thanks, have looked for plans in the past and always come up short, bookmarked.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Sandy Ground
    Like x 3

Garden Lighting

I am compleatly against light polluion we are robing kids of a wonderfull sight which cost nothing,Ihave two solar lights stay on while there is movement I in front of them. I live in a flat with...
    I am compleatly against light polluion we are robing kids of a wonderfull sight which cost nothing,Ihave two solar lights stay on while there is movement I in front of them. I live in a flat with a mains safty light by the front door it goes out as the girl upstairs goes past so I put a solar...
    I am compleatly against light polluion we are robing kids of a wonderfull sight which cost nothing,Ihave two solar lights stay on while there is movement I in front of them. I live in a flat with a mains safty light by the front door it goes out...
    I am compleatly against light polluion we are robing kids of a wonderfull sight which cost nothing,Ihave two solar lights stay on while there is movement I in front of them. I live in a flat with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sheal
    Like x 15

First bed, new garden.

Thanks @BeeHappy I hadn't thought about grasses. :) I like the Pennisetum - living where I do there is quite a lot of blue and green and the Pennisetum would offset that.I am bee friendly in...
    Thanks @BeeHappy I hadn't thought about grasses. :) I like the Pennisetum - living where I do there is quite a lot of blue and green and the Pennisetum would offset that.I am bee friendly in general but not in this particular situation. :)
    Thanks @BeeHappy I hadn't thought about grasses. :) I like the Pennisetum - living where I do there is quite a lot of blue and green and the Pennisetum would offset that.I am bee friendly in general but not in this particular situation. :)
    Thanks @BeeHappy I hadn't thought about grasses. :) I like the Pennisetum - living where I do there is quite a lot of blue and green and the Pennisetum would offset that.I am bee friendly in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sandy Ground
    Like x 6

Stepping Stone

I bought some from a local garden centre a few years ago and also had the good fortune to find two pieces washed up on beach after a big winter storm. Mine are more of 'planks ' than squares but...
    I bought some from a local garden centre a few years ago and also had the good fortune to find two pieces washed up on beach after a big winter storm. Mine are more of 'planks ' than squares but they do look like wood and now they've weathered a little they look even better.
    I bought some from a local garden centre a few years ago and also had the good fortune to find two pieces washed up on beach after a big winter storm. Mine are more of 'planks ' than squares but they do look like wood and now they've weathered a...
    I bought some from a local garden centre a few years ago and also had the good fortune to find two pieces washed up on beach after a big winter storm. Mine are more of 'planks ' than squares but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ricky101

Fence Post - Concrete leach ?

Interesting Tetters. Something learned today. Sounds good to me :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Gail_68
    Like x 4

Decking Project - (Done 2009)

Hi HarryS, Don't apologise just added it for anyone considering doing decking and it would help give them a rough idea:)
    Hi HarryS, Don't apologise just added it for anyone considering doing decking and it would help give them a rough idea:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. day dreamer

my first garden!

This thread is a tad inspirational
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. day dreamer

The never ending garden project....

Big project! Good luck. Only you can decide where to start but I think I would consider the parts nearest the house first.
    Big project! Good luck. Only you can decide where to start but I think I would consider the parts nearest the house first.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Trunky

Advice needed on fixing shed roof

Corrugated roofing pannels are good, quite cheap too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Bilbo675
    Like x 7

Remembrance Themed Planter

Lovely, very tastefully done :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. FlymoDM

A search for controllable ourdoor lighting

Hi @FlymoDM - oh, if you're wiring everything, then that's a much nicer situation. The Axis cameras look nice but quite expensive if you're going for a few of them... Are you going to fibre the...
    Hi @FlymoDM - oh, if you're wiring everything, then that's a much nicer situation. The Axis cameras look nice but quite expensive if you're going for a few of them... Are you going to fibre the whole setup? Or use the Power over ethernet option?
    Hi @FlymoDM - oh, if you're wiring everything, then that's a much nicer situation. The Axis cameras look nice but quite expensive if you're going for a few of them... Are you going to fibre the whole setup? Or use the Power over ethernet option?
    Hi @FlymoDM - oh, if you're wiring everything, then that's a much nicer situation. The Axis cameras look nice but quite expensive if you're going for a few of them... Are you going to fibre the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Carllennon
    Like x 7

Carl's Garden Project

thanks for the advice. The building to the left is actually a pretty large garage. The driveway is pretty long so I might get rid of the garage and just have a car port by the side of the house...
    thanks for the advice. The building to the left is actually a pretty large garage. The driveway is pretty long so I might get rid of the garage and just have a car port by the side of the house instead. It will give more a load more fruit and veg room.
    thanks for the advice. The building to the left is actually a pretty large garage. The driveway is pretty long so I might get rid of the garage and just have a car port by the side of the house instead. It will give more a load more fruit and veg...
    thanks for the advice. The building to the left is actually a pretty large garage. The driveway is pretty long so I might get rid of the garage and just have a car port by the side of the house...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Tetters
    Like x 5

Treasure from the rubbish...I hope

:wow: it looks amazing. How clever and creative of you :). I love the sound of running water in a garden, something that's missing from mine.
    :wow: it looks amazing. How clever and creative of you :). I love the sound of running water in a garden, something that's missing from mine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller
    Like x 4

Patio and gazebo area - a plan

Think its time we both moved house! :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jack Sparrow

garden makeover on Pinterest.

So, tell us ... when are you signing up for Pinterest? :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jack Sparrow

Rock garden ideas

You prune it every year Gary but, yes, Limelight will grow to that size. Mine does, prob more in width. It is a plant that wants reasonable soil with reasonable organic matter in it; in poor...
    You prune it every year Gary but, yes, Limelight will grow to that size. Mine does, prob more in width. It is a plant that wants reasonable soil with reasonable organic matter in it; in poor soil it will struggle to make anything like that. However, to produce those huge flowerheads and...
    You prune it every year Gary but, yes, Limelight will grow to that size. Mine does, prob more in width. It is a plant that wants reasonable soil with reasonable organic matter in it; in poor soil it will struggle to make anything like that. ...
    You prune it every year Gary but, yes, Limelight will grow to that size. Mine does, prob more in width. It is a plant that wants reasonable soil with reasonable organic matter in it; in poor...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. kr236rk

Old Greenhouse renovation?

The worst timber is that which the roof plate glass overlays, but there is no way to remove the glass to get at the timber. Because the glass is triangle-shaped, as soon as you pulled it towards...
    The worst timber is that which the roof plate glass overlays, but there is no way to remove the glass to get at the timber. Because the glass is triangle-shaped, as soon as you pulled it towards you it would fall backwards inside the greenhouse. And it's heavy glass. But there shouldn't be any...
    The worst timber is that which the roof plate glass overlays, but there is no way to remove the glass to get at the timber. Because the glass is triangle-shaped, as soon as you pulled it towards you it would fall backwards inside the greenhouse....
    The worst timber is that which the roof plate glass overlays, but there is no way to remove the glass to get at the timber. Because the glass is triangle-shaped, as soon as you pulled it towards...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jack Sparrow

Operation paint the shed.

Aah well, ne`mind....bye then.......:noidea:....:loll:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. alana
    Like x 6

Hanging Pergola

Thanks - the plants are in the ground and climbing up a trellis beside the pergola.
    Thanks - the plants are in the ground and climbing up a trellis beside the pergola.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Sherry777

Fake Grass

Would it not be possible Sherry to have proper grass and employ someone to keep it cut for you? It might possibly work out cheaper, less hassle, and a bit more natural looking. :)
    Would it not be possible Sherry to have proper grass and employ someone to keep it cut for you? It might possibly work out cheaper, less hassle, and a bit more natural looking. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Jack Sparrow

Looking for ground cover for children's area

I bought this sunflower from Morrisons for £1.50. I was thinking where if anywhere I could put in the garden. I then had a thought that they might make a nice border for the children's area. I...
    I bought this sunflower from Morrisons for £1.50. I was thinking where if anywhere I could put in the garden. I then had a thought that they might make a nice border for the children's area. I understand they like the sun which is perfect. I believe they grow about 2ft tall which would help...
    I bought this sunflower from Morrisons for £1.50. I was thinking where if anywhere I could put in the garden. I then had a thought that they might make a nice border for the children's area. I understand they like the sun which is perfect. I...
    I bought this sunflower from Morrisons for £1.50. I was thinking where if anywhere I could put in the garden. I then had a thought that they might make a nice border for the children's area. I...
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options