1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Newby2Veg

Water Butt solutions needed

grrr I am tired.... need to read ur post properly before replying, only on the 3rd read did i see that you werent necessarily saying I needed a shed.
    grrr I am tired.... need to read ur post properly before replying, only on the 3rd read did i see that you werent necessarily saying I needed a shed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. aways987

Creating a cinema in the garden

and that's what makes England GREAT
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

What Exterior Paint

Of going on gay gardeners suggestionFixing one of my colourful crochet trellises to the shed lol altho no idea how you would fix to plastic
    Of going on gay gardeners suggestionFixing one of my colourful crochet trellises to the shed lol altho no idea how you would fix to plastic
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl

Advice Needed Please

Thank you Shiney and Harry for your valuable posts,much appreciated my friends,cannot get out there at the moment,which is very frustrating,enjoy your day
    Thank you Shiney and Harry for your valuable posts,much appreciated my friends,cannot get out there at the moment,which is very frustrating,enjoy your day
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. T.D.

Designing my sloping garden

That don't sound right, try running the free version of this,See if that helps :)
    That don't sound right, try running the free version of this,See if that helps :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Weather Station all done

like a flamingo on a pond Woo , you coudnt help but look.... :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    like a flamingo on a pond Woo , you coudnt help but look.... :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. BestHomeGardens

orchid garden

Plants require food to grow healthy. Just like you need your daily food to grow healthy and led a good life, plants need their food to ensure that they grow properly. If you have a garden, then...
    Plants require food to grow healthy. Just like you need your daily food to grow healthy and led a good life, plants need their food to ensure that they grow properly. If you have a garden, then you obviously will not like your plants to appear weak and frail.You can find out if your soil is...
    Plants require food to grow healthy. Just like you need your daily food to grow healthy and led a good life, plants need their food to ensure that they grow properly. If you have a garden, then you obviously will not like your plants to appear...
    Plants require food to grow healthy. Just like you need your daily food to grow healthy and led a good life, plants need their food to ensure that they grow properly. If you have a garden, then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Folly Mon
    Like x 7

Made a Start on Arbor

Thank you All for your positive and guidance to get some plants growing up itSo ideas please and don't mind a mix I have planted some I've but s bit slow growing and going :-). So suggestions...
    Thank you All for your positive and guidance to get some plants growing up itSo ideas please and don't mind a mix I have planted some I've but s bit slow growing and going :-). So suggestions would be apricated thanks in advance Nick
    Thank you All for your positive and guidance to get some plants growing up itSo ideas please and don't mind a mix I have planted some I've but s bit slow growing and going :-). So suggestions would be apricated thanks in advance Nick
    Thank you All for your positive and guidance to get some plants growing up itSo ideas please and don't mind a mix I have planted some I've but s bit slow growing and going :-). So suggestions...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Nick_MSM
    Like x 4

Scorched oak garden bench

Thanks. Just the lavender at the moment, hoping it'll eventually end up a bit like this below. As it's about half way up the garden I want it to be a fairly formal area, should be nice with the...
    Thanks. Just the lavender at the moment, hoping it'll eventually end up a bit like this below. As it's about half way up the garden I want it to be a fairly formal area, should be nice with the lavender scent and a glass of wine on a summer's evening :snork:
    Thanks. Just the lavender at the moment, hoping it'll eventually end up a bit like this below. As it's about half way up the garden I want it to be a fairly formal area, should be nice with the lavender scent and a glass of wine on a summer's...
    Thanks. Just the lavender at the moment, hoping it'll eventually end up a bit like this below. As it's about half way up the garden I want it to be a fairly formal area, should be nice with the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl
    Like x 5

My next project

Good evening Sheal my friend my next plan of action is to decide what to do with the path that runs between the raised beds and the wall
    Good evening Sheal my friend my next plan of action is to decide what to do with the path that runs between the raised beds and the wall
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snoopy
    Like x 3

Garden Project

It's good to hear the Knotweed is under control. :dbgrtmb: Don't attempt to dig out the bindweed, if any piece of root is left in it will grow again, just like ivy does. Glyphosate is the only thing that...
    It's good to hear the Knotweed is under control. :dbgrtmb: Don't attempt to dig out the bindweed, if any piece of root is left in it will grow again, just like ivy does. Glyphosate is the only thing that will deal with it properly, you may still get some shoots come up but they are easily dealt with -...
    It's good to hear the Knotweed is under control. :dbgrtmb: Don't attempt to dig out the bindweed, if any piece of root is left in it will grow again, just like ivy does. Glyphosate is the only thing that will deal with it properly, you may still get some...
    It's good to hear the Knotweed is under control. :dbgrtmb: Don't attempt to dig out the bindweed, if any piece of root is left in it will grow again, just like ivy does. Glyphosate is the only thing that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Bilbo675
    Like x 5

Conker Fun

I've heard that clove oil is good for keeping spiders out. Tried and it did seem to work but I didn't like the smell either - felt like a visit to the dentist. Need to try a more dilute version...
    I've heard that clove oil is good for keeping spiders out. Tried and it did seem to work but I didn't like the smell either - felt like a visit to the dentist. Need to try a more dilute version next year
    I've heard that clove oil is good for keeping spiders out. Tried and it did seem to work but I didn't like the smell either - felt like a visit to the dentist. Need to try a more dilute version next year
    I've heard that clove oil is good for keeping spiders out. Tried and it did seem to work but I didn't like the smell either - felt like a visit to the dentist. Need to try a more dilute version...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Ellie Jones
    Like x 3

Birthday Pressie going up

Great job Ellie J:thumbsup:....I've got 'fold down' staging in mine,I find it really useful for all the seed trays and pots and easily folds down ready for the tomatoes and cucumbers:dbgrtmb:
    Great job Ellie J:thumbsup:....I've got 'fold down' staging in mine,I find it really useful for all the seed trays and pots and easily folds down ready for the tomatoes and cucumbers:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Loofah

Recommend a textured paint for decking?

I've read in the past about some such stuff used on those floaty quayside deckings in harbours & marinas.
    I've read in the past about some such stuff used on those floaty quayside deckings in harbours & marinas.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Ian Taylor

Raised decking

The company is Silva decking products
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. nikirushka

Part removal of concrete?

If you haven't got a breaker then a Scutching hammer,You'll need the combs underneath too, they go in the ends.don't forget safety glasses too :)
    If you haven't got a breaker then a Scutching hammer,You'll need the combs underneath too, they go in the ends.don't forget safety glasses too :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. limmy01

Triangle pergola

It depends on how strong you want it to be. Do you mean attaching the cross members to the upright posts or laying the posts on top of the cross members to form the roof?
    It depends on how strong you want it to be. Do you mean attaching the cross members to the upright posts or laying the posts on top of the cross members to form the roof?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. nFrost

Cutting Perspex

I'm sure you know, but just a reminder to wear the safety specs if you're using power tools, just in case the perspex shatters :blue thumb:
    I'm sure you know, but just a reminder to wear the safety specs if you're using power tools, just in case the perspex shatters :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Ollie Scarth
    Like x 5

I'm Stumped

I'd put my money on it being a lilac too. Why not let it grow back? Also like Kristen says it's multi stemmed so won't give you the effect you are after.Also if you really want one of those...
    I'd put my money on it being a lilac too. Why not let it grow back? Also like Kristen says it's multi stemmed so won't give you the effect you are after.Also if you really want one of those fairy houses you could always buy an old tree stump from a tree surgeon or local nature park (don't go...
    I'd put my money on it being a lilac too. Why not let it grow back? Also like Kristen says it's multi stemmed so won't give you the effect you are after.Also if you really want one of those fairy houses you could always buy an old tree stump...
    I'd put my money on it being a lilac too. Why not let it grow back? Also like Kristen says it's multi stemmed so won't give you the effect you are after.Also if you really want one of those...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. sue young

Wanting to make raised beds/planters

Ah thanks for that Kristen, I'll use weed suppressing membrane - I had considered that but wasn't sure if it was robust enough. The area of concrete they will be sat on currently has gravel on it...
    Ah thanks for that Kristen, I'll use weed suppressing membrane - I had considered that but wasn't sure if it was robust enough. The area of concrete they will be sat on currently has gravel on it so I will be just 'readjusting' where the gravel is spread to accommodate the boxes! the area is...
    Ah thanks for that Kristen, I'll use weed suppressing membrane - I had considered that but wasn't sure if it was robust enough. The area of concrete they will be sat on currently has gravel on it so I will be just 'readjusting' where the gravel...
    Ah thanks for that Kristen, I'll use weed suppressing membrane - I had considered that but wasn't sure if it was robust enough. The area of concrete they will be sat on currently has gravel on it...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice