Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Madahhlia

At last - my new greenhouse

wow, that's fab!
    wow, that's fab!
    wow, that's fab!
    wow, that's fab!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. pamsdish
    Like x 5

Fairy Garden using broken pots

Thank you for that idea, pamsdish. I just love the one with steps ... so simple. I have broken pots as well (who doesn't?, she mumbles) and just have them lying around here and there in rockeries.
    Thank you for that idea, pamsdish. I just love the one with steps ... so simple. I have broken pots as well (who doesn't?, she mumbles) and just have them lying around here and there in rockeries.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. lizzerti
    Like x 4

Garden pics

OK will go ahead. Aim to use turf. Did u see the right pic finally - one with the blue taup & apple tree? [emoji4]
    OK will go ahead. Aim to use turf. Did u see the right pic finally - one with the blue taup & apple tree? [emoji4]
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. al n
    Like x 10

Summerhouse nearly there....

So how is it that you have managed to cut a straight line? :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    So how is it that you have managed to cut a straight line? :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. eve83

Newbie Help!!!

If I were in your shoes I'd get a soil testing kit from a good garden centre. Choose one of the bigger ones. They don't have time to get 'personal' with the customers. Test kits don't cost the...
    If I were in your shoes I'd get a soil testing kit from a good garden centre. Choose one of the bigger ones. They don't have time to get 'personal' with the customers. Test kits don't cost the earth, and the instructions are easy to follow. At least you would then know what soil/s you have, and...
    If I were in your shoes I'd get a soil testing kit from a good garden centre. Choose one of the bigger ones. They don't have time to get 'personal' with the customers. Test kits don't cost the earth, and the instructions are easy to follow. At...
    If I were in your shoes I'd get a soil testing kit from a good garden centre. Choose one of the bigger ones. They don't have time to get 'personal' with the customers. Test kits don't cost the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jill36

Cylindrical decorative wood logs used in borders need replacing 'how' ?

By giving a good pull (they all connected by a length of wire) and not replacing with more decorative wood logs as they rot...
    By giving a good pull (they all connected by a length of wire) and not replacing with more decorative wood logs as they rot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sargan

non-selective weedkiller

Is it cheaper to get in crystal form from ebay? (from Turkey) 2lbs 4lbs Wonder what will happen if Turkey joins the EU, will they stop them from selling it to us, or just force them to...
    Is it cheaper to get in crystal form from ebay? (from Turkey) 2lbs 4lbs Wonder what will happen if Turkey joins the EU, will they stop them from selling it to us, or just force them to sell it by the Kilo?
    Is it cheaper to get in crystal form from ebay? (from Turkey) 2lbs 4lbs Wonder what will happen if Turkey joins the EU, will they stop them from selling it to us, or just force them to sell it by the Kilo?
    Is it cheaper to get in crystal form from ebay? (from Turkey) 2lbs 4lbs Wonder what will happen if Turkey joins the EU, will they stop them from selling it to us, or just force them to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. HarryS

RCD Pump Prob ?

Some times it's something simple :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Loofah
    Like x 7

A nature pond

Spirogyra ? Cheers, Tony.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. sparsons92287
    Like x 3

My Gardening Project

Take a look at GC's Rose thread below, there's some beautiful roses to choose from......
    Take a look at GC's Rose thread below, there's some beautiful roses to choose from......
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. luciusmaximus

Lavender and Buddleia Garden v Hydrangeas

I've now managed to clear the bank of most of the weeds - what fun that was :rolleyespink: I have been given a large, cast iron, roll top bath and a small belfast sink. So, I'm considering using the bath and...
    I've now managed to clear the bank of most of the weeds - what fun that was :rolleyespink: I have been given a large, cast iron, roll top bath and a small belfast sink. So, I'm considering using the bath and sink as features, sort of a garden within a garden. I looked at pics online of old baths used as...
    I've now managed to clear the bank of most of the weeds - what fun that was :rolleyespink: I have been given a large, cast iron, roll top bath and a small belfast sink. So, I'm considering using the bath and sink as features, sort of a garden within a garden....
    I've now managed to clear the bank of most of the weeds - what fun that was :rolleyespink: I have been given a large, cast iron, roll top bath and a small belfast sink. So, I'm considering using the bath and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Kristen

Creating and Planting Significant Banks

Thanks JJ, but I'd struggle to get my concrete rubble into something that size! the ones I had looked at come ins sizes up to 2M x 1M x 1M
    Thanks JJ, but I'd struggle to get my concrete rubble into something that size! the ones I had looked at come ins sizes up to 2M x 1M x 1M
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mr c

at the Old Mill

I still miss the countryside and open space of Scotland - will always be one of the prettiest parts of the world to me. You've a lovely home there :)
    I still miss the countryside and open space of Scotland - will always be one of the prettiest parts of the world to me. You've a lovely home there :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. marjoriesseedling

Draining wet garden

Paving Expert has some good info on laying land drains:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. cirrus

rendering a garden wall

Hi John K render does keep colour but you can paint as I have done just to keep it white. I dont see builder now to ask. It is used on outside of houses so should not crack for 10 years or more...
    Hi John K render does keep colour but you can paint as I have done just to keep it white. I dont see builder now to ask. It is used on outside of houses so should not crack for 10 years or more but just wanted to know if I could put the soil to near the top of the wall but it would be touching...
    Hi John K render does keep colour but you can paint as I have done just to keep it white. I dont see builder now to ask. It is used on outside of houses so should not crack for 10 years or more but just wanted to know if I could put the soil to...
    Hi John K render does keep colour but you can paint as I have done just to keep it white. I dont see builder now to ask. It is used on outside of houses so should not crack for 10 years or more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Palustris
    Like x 4

This Week's Work

The moles may return, but at least they cannot burrow into that section. They would have to begin in it. There is no access for them from other parts of the garden. The cobbled path is original....
    The moles may return, but at least they cannot burrow into that section. They would have to begin in it. There is no access for them from other parts of the garden. The cobbled path is original. We discovered it under a foot of leaf mould when we were clearing the garden. It may well have been...
    The moles may return, but at least they cannot burrow into that section. They would have to begin in it. There is no access for them from other parts of the garden. The cobbled path is original. We discovered it under a foot of leaf mould when we...
    The moles may return, but at least they cannot burrow into that section. They would have to begin in it. There is no access for them from other parts of the garden. The cobbled path is original....
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Samuel_1988

How to maximise the space in my shed?

Thanks for your replies everyone.Food for thought!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. SimonW
    Like x 14

10,000 square feet of sweat, blood and happiness

Lots more work done in the garden this week. I never thought I could find gardening quite as engaging. The work is hard but the rewards are well worth it. I'm not a morning person but I wake up...
    Lots more work done in the garden this week. I never thought I could find gardening quite as engaging. The work is hard but the rewards are well worth it. I'm not a morning person but I wake up thinking of the garden and the seeds I have planted. Before work I have a stroll to see how things are...
    Lots more work done in the garden this week. I never thought I could find gardening quite as engaging. The work is hard but the rewards are well worth it. I'm not a morning person but I wake up thinking of the garden and the seeds I have planted....
    Lots more work done in the garden this week. I never thought I could find gardening quite as engaging. The work is hard but the rewards are well worth it. I'm not a morning person but I wake up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. bmk
    Like x 6

Arborola

The terracotta, if it matches the brick wall will probably work. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. bmk

Any suggestions for this

Yeah, First thing I've ever built that size, and first fence too. Jigsaw, circular saw and plenty of patience!
    Yeah, First thing I've ever built that size, and first fence too. Jigsaw, circular saw and plenty of patience!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice