1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. redstar

How to refurbish French doors!

well, guess we will never know the outcome of the doors.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. clueless1

How can I make this work?

Been thinking...yeah yeah yeah I know it's dangerous:rolleyespink: but instead of any mechanics would a 'tube' hidden infront of the 'landing area' leading from some kind of camouflaged heavy duty ,slightly...
    Been thinking...yeah yeah yeah I know it's dangerous:rolleyespink: but instead of any mechanics would a 'tube' hidden infront of the 'landing area' leading from some kind of camouflaged heavy duty ,slightly buried,inflatable 'cushion' containing the water work? there needs to be a small platform to jump...
    Been thinking...yeah yeah yeah I know it's dangerous:rolleyespink: but instead of any mechanics would a 'tube' hidden infront of the 'landing area' leading from some kind of camouflaged heavy duty ,slightly buried,inflatable 'cushion' containing the water...
    Been thinking...yeah yeah yeah I know it's dangerous:rolleyespink: but instead of any mechanics would a 'tube' hidden infront of the 'landing area' leading from some kind of camouflaged heavy duty ,slightly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. rustyroots
    Like x 4

Front garden.

My back is ok today. I slathered it in ibuprofen gel last night, it's a bit tight in places, but I will not have time to do anymore until Friday afternoon so I will have a few days rest.Rusty
    My back is ok today. I slathered it in ibuprofen gel last night, it's a bit tight in places, but I will not have time to do anymore until Friday afternoon so I will have a few days rest.Rusty
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. luciusmaximus

Belfast sinks into wildlife pond

I think for it to be an effective wildlife pond, it needs a number of things:* Easy access for creatures to get in, to get a drink or a bath * An easy way for them to get back out, so they don't...
    I think for it to be an effective wildlife pond, it needs a number of things:* Easy access for creatures to get in, to get a drink or a bath * An easy way for them to get back out, so they don't fall in and drown. A few well placed rounded rocks placed inside the sink at one side should sort...
    I think for it to be an effective wildlife pond, it needs a number of things:* Easy access for creatures to get in, to get a drink or a bath * An easy way for them to get back out, so they don't fall in and drown. A few well placed rounded...
    I think for it to be an effective wildlife pond, it needs a number of things:* Easy access for creatures to get in, to get a drink or a bath * An easy way for them to get back out, so they don't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. clueless1
    Like x 7

My latest garden project

Absolutley brilliant!
    Absolutley brilliant!
    Absolutley brilliant!
    Absolutley brilliant!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Clueless76
    Like x 6

New pergola :)

Reading up about the zepherine it said prone to disease so discounted it, this will be my first rose so any advice is more than welcome :)
    Reading up about the zepherine it said prone to disease so discounted it, this will be my first rose so any advice is more than welcome :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Banana Man
    Like x 3

New Wet Bed :D

I don't think my pics are still on GC from 8 years ago but yes they are awesome plants. The pics above are just spring growth, by the end of the season they are enormous lol :D
    I don't think my pics are still on GC from 8 years ago but yes they are awesome plants. The pics above are just spring growth, by the end of the season they are enormous lol :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. nFrost
    Like x 5

Turning a bedframe into a coldframe

You can tell if it's hardboard as it's got a smooth glossy side and a rough printed side, it's usually 1/8" thick and when you break the stuff inside is fibrous.If that stuff gets water on it...
    You can tell if it's hardboard as it's got a smooth glossy side and a rough printed side, it's usually 1/8" thick and when you break the stuff inside is fibrous.If that stuff gets water on it it will warp very quickly.
    You can tell if it's hardboard as it's got a smooth glossy side and a rough printed side, it's usually 1/8" thick and when you break the stuff inside is fibrous.If that stuff gets water on it it will warp very quickly.
    You can tell if it's hardboard as it's got a smooth glossy side and a rough printed side, it's usually 1/8" thick and when you break the stuff inside is fibrous.If that stuff gets water on it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. clueless1

Driftwood xylophone

That is a great site Clueless looks like you and the children will be having fun this year then... :thumbsup:
    That is a great site Clueless looks like you and the children will be having fun this year then... :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. J S Country Tools

DIY Landscaping ?

Hi Jane,I would just like to build the structure myself as I also want to have the back divided into a shed with the door to the shed in the side for storing my son's garden toys.
    Hi Jane,I would just like to build the structure myself as I also want to have the back divided into a shed with the door to the shed in the side for storing my son's garden toys.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Loofah

Garage and new border

Thanks Al n, much appreciated.Won't post another pic until a bit more 'finished'. I've done the shelving inside now and made a workbench of sorts; this is more for aiding storage than anything...
    Thanks Al n, much appreciated.Won't post another pic until a bit more 'finished'. I've done the shelving inside now and made a workbench of sorts; this is more for aiding storage than anything else. The garage is looking so clear now, it almost brought Mrs L to tears lolI've scrubbed and...
    Thanks Al n, much appreciated.Won't post another pic until a bit more 'finished'. I've done the shelving inside now and made a workbench of sorts; this is more for aiding storage than anything else. The garage is looking so clear now, it almost...
    Thanks Al n, much appreciated.Won't post another pic until a bit more 'finished'. I've done the shelving inside now and made a workbench of sorts; this is more for aiding storage than anything...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Olivier

Front garden design ideas

Step 1 ... Removing all the blue bells (tons and tons) and removing the grass (takes ages).View from the top:
    Step 1 ... Removing all the blue bells (tons and tons) and removing the grass (takes ages).View from the top:
    IMG_3185.jpg IMG_3186.jpg IMG_3187.jpg IMG_3184.jpg photos 167-1.jpg photos 391.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. clueless1

Persevere or quit?

Well, I didn't pull the plug on the project. I persevered. It's now almost done. And I must confess, I'm quite pleased with the results so far now.The bricks are not exactly even, but that's...
    Well, I didn't pull the plug on the project. I persevered. It's now almost done. And I must confess, I'm quite pleased with the results so far now.The bricks are not exactly even, but that's fine, the look I was going for, which is very hard to describe but I'll have a go, was the 'scruffy...
    Well, I didn't pull the plug on the project. I persevered. It's now almost done. And I must confess, I'm quite pleased with the results so far now.The bricks are not exactly even, but that's fine, the look I was going for, which is very hard to...
    Well, I didn't pull the plug on the project. I persevered. It's now almost done. And I must confess, I'm quite pleased with the results so far now.The bricks are not exactly even, but that's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Rugbyant

Artificial grass sanity check

Hi all,A quick sanity check please. I'm removing my lawn due to two young girls and a bearded collie.For this I'm taking top layer of grass away. Compacting. Weed sheet. Then adding 2" grit,...
    Hi all,A quick sanity check please. I'm removing my lawn due to two young girls and a bearded collie.For this I'm taking top layer of grass away. Compacting. Weed sheet. Then adding 2" grit, compact. 1" sand, compact. Weed sheet. Grass. Kiln sand.Grass is Namgrass (mid to high range). We...
    Hi all,A quick sanity check please. I'm removing my lawn due to two young girls and a bearded collie.For this I'm taking top layer of grass away. Compacting. Weed sheet. Then adding 2" grit, compact. 1" sand, compact. Weed sheet. Grass. Kiln...
    Hi all,A quick sanity check please. I'm removing my lawn due to two young girls and a bearded collie.For this I'm taking top layer of grass away. Compacting. Weed sheet. Then adding 2" grit,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bilbo675
    Like x 6

Quick Project Done Today

Nice one Bilbo:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. rustyroots

Fitting new roof.

Hi All,I am hopefully going to start fitting the Onduline roof to my new chicken run this weekend. I have not used it before, the run is 3m wide x 4m long. I was planning on using 2x2 across the...
    Hi All,I am hopefully going to start fitting the Onduline roof to my new chicken run this weekend. I have not used it before, the run is 3m wide x 4m long. I was planning on using 2x2 across the width of the pen, set at every 500mm. Then support these with 4x2 running the length of the pen...
    Hi All,I am hopefully going to start fitting the Onduline roof to my new chicken run this weekend. I have not used it before, the run is 3m wide x 4m long. I was planning on using 2x2 across the width of the pen, set at every 500mm. Then...
    Hi All,I am hopefully going to start fitting the Onduline roof to my new chicken run this weekend. I have not used it before, the run is 3m wide x 4m long. I was planning on using 2x2 across the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Fastmoobs

Paul's Morecambe Nightmare

Definitely make it safe first. You can't make it totally safe, there will always be hazards, but obviously if its very dangerous, then that needs sorting first.Last year, as my battle with...
    Definitely make it safe first. You can't make it totally safe, there will always be hazards, but obviously if its very dangerous, then that needs sorting first.Last year, as my battle with garden started to reach the far end, I had loads of broken flagstones and rocks and other nasty sharp...
    Definitely make it safe first. You can't make it totally safe, there will always be hazards, but obviously if its very dangerous, then that needs sorting first.Last year, as my battle with garden started to reach the far end, I had loads of...
    Definitely make it safe first. You can't make it totally safe, there will always be hazards, but obviously if its very dangerous, then that needs sorting first.Last year, as my battle with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Hannah's Rose Garden

Anyone made garden toys / play area for kids

:lunapic 130165696578242 5: Crikey I think you probably have Clue' maybe one for your youngest to have in a while.. ;)
    :lunapic 130165696578242 5: Crikey I think you probably have Clue' maybe one for your youngest to have in a while.. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. al n

Summerhouse colour?

Excellent :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. clueless1

Non-slip paint options for decking and wooden play gear

I wouldn't want any of my surfaces griping at me, I get enough of that from everyone else! :snork:
    I wouldn't want any of my surfaces griping at me, I get enough of that from everyone else! :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice