Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Ciryluk

Cheryls Balcony Project *TAKE2*

Thats a Lovely Size Balcony Cheryl :dbgrtmb: and your plans sound lovely like sheal said tho I Would pass on the decking for the sake of the babby Also be Extra Viglant With Trellis with the Babby My...
    Thats a Lovely Size Balcony Cheryl :dbgrtmb: and your plans sound lovely like sheal said tho I Would pass on the decking for the sake of the babby Also be Extra Viglant With Trellis with the Babby My Son Was a Night Mair For Climeing Anything :thud: Your Plans Do Sound Lovely Tho Good Luck Nick :wub2:
    Thats a Lovely Size Balcony Cheryl :dbgrtmb: and your plans sound lovely like sheal said tho I Would pass on the decking for the sake of the babby Also be Extra Viglant With Trellis with the Babby My Son Was a Night Mair For Climeing Anything :thud: Your...
    Thats a Lovely Size Balcony Cheryl :dbgrtmb: and your plans sound lovely like sheal said tho I Would pass on the decking for the sake of the babby Also be Extra Viglant With Trellis with the Babby My...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Scotkat
    Like x 5

Glamis Castle Walled Garden Project

For anyone who does know I and my friend Karen have got involved in the restoration project . Karen and I go a Tuesday and a Thursday to volunteer.So if anyone is planning a visit over Spring that...
    For anyone who does know I and my friend Karen have got involved in the restoration project . Karen and I go a Tuesday and a Thursday to volunteer.So if anyone is planning a visit over Spring that is if we see Spring or we may go right into Summer. Come and see us up in the Walled Garden Project...
    For anyone who does know I and my friend Karen have got involved in the restoration project . Karen and I go a Tuesday and a Thursday to volunteer.So if anyone is planning a visit over Spring that is if we see Spring or we may go right into...
    For anyone who does know I and my friend Karen have got involved in the restoration project . Karen and I go a Tuesday and a Thursday to volunteer.So if anyone is planning a visit over Spring that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. trogre

Landscaping/Weed Fabric

Living organic mulches are very important but it gives wrong impression to call these fabric sheets "mulches". For paths yes. For borders no
    Living organic mulches are very important but it gives wrong impression to call these fabric sheets "mulches". For paths yes. For borders no
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. nFrost

DIY: Kokedama String Gardens

I`ve tryed Kokedama years ago , sparrows took all the moss and 1 week without the water and the plant die , overall I`ve changed all with my version inspire by a trip in thailand , I`ve called...
    I`ve tryed Kokedama years ago , sparrows took all the moss and 1 week without the water and the plant die , overall I`ve changed all with my version inspire by a trip in thailand , I`ve called coccodama :) (sure not mine idea)........ I use bromeliad and other plants , easy to move around and...
    I`ve tryed Kokedama years ago , sparrows took all the moss and 1 week without the water and the plant die , overall I`ve changed all with my version inspire by a trip in thailand , I`ve called coccodama :) (sure not mine idea)........ I use...
    I`ve tryed Kokedama years ago , sparrows took all the moss and 1 week without the water and the plant die , overall I`ve changed all with my version inspire by a trip in thailand , I`ve called...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Dorothy

potting sheds

i have...ehem..."permanently borrowed" my dads brick shed he has for his DIY n stuff :heehee:
    i have...ehem..."permanently borrowed" my dads brick shed he has for his DIY n stuff :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Richard Brown

New build house garden

If in doubt, deep plough.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Scotkat
    Like x 4

Working in Glasshouse in the walled garden of Glamis Castle again today

I'm not sure if Scotkat would be allowed to Joolz, it's owned by the royal family so could be off limits.
    I'm not sure if Scotkat would be allowed to Joolz, it's owned by the royal family so could be off limits.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. JWK

Rubber instead of lawn for kids play area.

Yes I did think about bark, but the blackbirds throw it all over the place in my garden. It then looks untidy but the lawnmower does pick it up OK. Maybe I'd have the same problem with rubber...
    Yes I did think about bark, but the blackbirds throw it all over the place in my garden. It then looks untidy but the lawnmower does pick it up OK. Maybe I'd have the same problem with rubber chippings getting scattered about and I'd be wary of using the mower to pick them up. More reasons not...
    Yes I did think about bark, but the blackbirds throw it all over the place in my garden. It then looks untidy but the lawnmower does pick it up OK. Maybe I'd have the same problem with rubber chippings getting scattered about and I'd be wary of...
    Yes I did think about bark, but the blackbirds throw it all over the place in my garden. It then looks untidy but the lawnmower does pick it up OK. Maybe I'd have the same problem with rubber...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. moonraker

Great gate idea

Even so, it still has to be closed so swing or slide will work just as admirably. We have a nation full of farmer here in the UK all using latches and swing gates of some description...and no...
    Even so, it still has to be closed so swing or slide will work just as admirably. We have a nation full of farmer here in the UK all using latches and swing gates of some description...and no reported problems of livestock getting through them. Maybe what you could really use would be a...
    Even so, it still has to be closed so swing or slide will work just as admirably. We have a nation full of farmer here in the UK all using latches and swing gates of some description...and no reported problems of livestock getting through them. ...
    Even so, it still has to be closed so swing or slide will work just as admirably. We have a nation full of farmer here in the UK all using latches and swing gates of some description...and no...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Natalie025

New garden- To excavate or not?

I'd be inclined to use the digger for the heavy ground work. It'll be quicker and lighten your workload as it's clay. :)
    I'd be inclined to use the digger for the heavy ground work. It'll be quicker and lighten your workload as it's clay. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Greecko

Starting off with new ground

Hi Shiney, deer we can handle as well as rabbits, the hedge will give a windbreak but Ill be fencing the lot, deer wont be approaching from the side in view as its against a busy road and the back...
    Hi Shiney, deer we can handle as well as rabbits, the hedge will give a windbreak but Ill be fencing the lot, deer wont be approaching from the side in view as its against a busy road and the back is covered in thick blackthorn!. The reason we have never grazed it in years is because its very...
    Hi Shiney, deer we can handle as well as rabbits, the hedge will give a windbreak but Ill be fencing the lot, deer wont be approaching from the side in view as its against a busy road and the back is covered in thick blackthorn!. The reason we...
    Hi Shiney, deer we can handle as well as rabbits, the hedge will give a windbreak but Ill be fencing the lot, deer wont be approaching from the side in view as its against a busy road and the back...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. "M"

Projects to encourage young children into gardening

Interesting observations, as always, Madahhlia :)Quite, but, it's a start and it's a book I would have bought when my children were younger had I known about it. As for the "keeping going", I...
    Interesting observations, as always, Madahhlia :)Quite, but, it's a start and it's a book I would have bought when my children were younger had I known about it. As for the "keeping going", I think that's the main problem with children in far more areas than just gardening :heehee:
    Interesting observations, as always, Madahhlia :)Quite, but, it's a start and it's a book I would have bought when my children were younger had I known about it. As for the "keeping going", I think that's the main problem with children in far...
    Interesting observations, as always, Madahhlia :)Quite, but, it's a start and it's a book I would have bought when my children were younger had I known about it. As for the "keeping going", I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. deanokidd

concrete to lawn!

Hi mate i wasnt going to do much now apart from tidying till the spring its to cold for me let alone grass seed lol!
    Hi mate i wasnt going to do much now apart from tidying till the spring its to cold for me let alone grass seed lol!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. youngdaisydee

Front Garden, My New Project.

Hi the graduate, are you aware this thread was started in 2009? I don't think this person visits GC anymore, sorry. :)
    Hi the graduate, are you aware this thread was started in 2009? I don't think this person visits GC anymore, sorry. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. clueless1
    Like x 5

Front garden - little project

Fortunately we have no carpets downstairs, so although we inevitably trailed a bit of mess in as we came in and out to get stuff we needed, it was easily sorted with a quick go of the sweeping...
    Fortunately we have no carpets downstairs, so although we inevitably trailed a bit of mess in as we came in and out to get stuff we needed, it was easily sorted with a quick go of the sweeping brush. It would be a nightmare if we had carpets in though.
    Fortunately we have no carpets downstairs, so although we inevitably trailed a bit of mess in as we came in and out to get stuff we needed, it was easily sorted with a quick go of the sweeping brush. It would be a nightmare if we had carpets in...
    Fortunately we have no carpets downstairs, so although we inevitably trailed a bit of mess in as we came in and out to get stuff we needed, it was easily sorted with a quick go of the sweeping...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Plant Potty

Operation "Back Breaker"

Thanks Harry, will do. The Vodka is ok while painting latex, its just brick laying you cant mix it to much with, the spirit in the glass lies, the one in the level never does:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Thanks Harry, will do. The Vodka is ok while painting latex, its just brick laying you cant mix it to much with, the spirit in the glass lies, the one in the level never does:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. wiseowl
    Like x 9

Garden Arch and Trellis

Good morning Jazmine and Sian thank you my friends,your comments are really appreciated:)
    Good morning Jazmine and Sian thank you my friends,your comments are really appreciated:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. kazzie_SE

Dog yard

Thanks for the tip... gloves to the ready!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. fat_taff

My first large project

She's unbiased FT ;)
    She's unbiased FT ;)
    She's unbiased FT ;)
    She's unbiased FT ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. rustyroots
    Like x 4

Coldframe project.

Looks very sturdy Rusty. Will give much protection to plants that need shelter but not heat. :dbgrtmb:
    Looks very sturdy Rusty. Will give much protection to plants that need shelter but not heat. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice