1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. kyleleonard
    Like x 5

Some pictures of my 2012 progress

Gorgeous roses Kyle - especially that orange one. It really GLOWS....
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Steve R

Boat sheds

Oh my they are just amazing Steve.. Now one of those in your garden or lottie would be soo cool.. I would like one to convert for extra accomodation too.. A guest house... :SUNsmile: It would have to be...
    Oh my they are just amazing Steve.. Now one of those in your garden or lottie would be soo cool.. I would like one to convert for extra accomodation too.. A guest house... :SUNsmile: It would have to be crane lifted over the house though if I wanted one for that... :heehee:
    Oh my they are just amazing Steve.. Now one of those in your garden or lottie would be soo cool.. I would like one to convert for extra accomodation too.. A guest house... :SUNsmile: It would have to be crane lifted over the house though if I wanted one...
    Oh my they are just amazing Steve.. Now one of those in your garden or lottie would be soo cool.. I would like one to convert for extra accomodation too.. A guest house... :SUNsmile: It would have to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Ballboy

Complete Novice!

Hi BB, welcome to Gardeners Corner:thumbsup::snork: I think you could prune it back by a third without doing any harm. Keep the pics coming and the gang will help out.:snork:
    Hi BB, welcome to Gardeners Corner:thumbsup::snork: I think you could prune it back by a third without doing any harm. Keep the pics coming and the gang will help out.:snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. clum111

Whats plants are there to go in a Japanese Garden?

That's looking good clum. I was only wondering today how you are getting on. The planter is looking cool in that black. So what is going in your planter ? I like you potted plants, and that...
    That's looking good clum. I was only wondering today how you are getting on. The planter is looking cool in that black. So what is going in your planter ? I like you potted plants, and that wisteria looks really good. gazania
    That's looking good clum. I was only wondering today how you are getting on. The planter is looking cool in that black. So what is going in your planter ? I like you potted plants, and that wisteria looks really good. gazania
    That's looking good clum. I was only wondering today how you are getting on. The planter is looking cool in that black. So what is going in your planter ? I like you potted plants, and that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Folly Mon
    Like x 5

footings for Harbor are in

2ft Deep the Footings you Know Me Jenny a Harbor With a Bit of a Diffrence :lunapic 130165696578242 5: Yo Know it Loli Iv Moved onto thee BIG Spoon Cus Love it Like Sirup :lunapic 130165696578242 5: just One More Conponent to Find and another...
    2ft Deep the Footings you Know Me Jenny a Harbor With a Bit of a Diffrence :lunapic 130165696578242 5: Yo Know it Loli Iv Moved onto thee BIG Spoon Cus Love it Like Sirup :lunapic 130165696578242 5: just One More Conponent to Find and another Week or So Rest being as my Mate has been made Redundant I Said He Can Have a Few Days Mixing if He...
    2ft Deep the Footings you Know Me Jenny a Harbor With a Bit of a Diffrence :lunapic 130165696578242 5: Yo Know it Loli Iv Moved onto thee BIG Spoon Cus Love it Like Sirup :lunapic 130165696578242 5: just One More Conponent to Find and another Week or So Rest being as my Mate has been made...
    2ft Deep the Footings you Know Me Jenny a Harbor With a Bit of a Diffrence :lunapic 130165696578242 5: Yo Know it Loli Iv Moved onto thee BIG Spoon Cus Love it Like Sirup :lunapic 130165696578242 5: just One More Conponent to Find and another...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. keithhampson

best way to put up screening against a fence

Hi Keith You could put stakes in, then put trellis up and attach the screening to that? If you fasten the screening behind the trellis then you could plant a fast growing climber to cover it...
    Hi Keith You could put stakes in, then put trellis up and attach the screening to that? If you fasten the screening behind the trellis then you could plant a fast growing climber to cover it and look pretty :)
    Hi Keith You could put stakes in, then put trellis up and attach the screening to that? If you fasten the screening behind the trellis then you could plant a fast growing climber to cover it and look pretty :)
    Hi Keith You could put stakes in, then put trellis up and attach the screening to that? If you fasten the screening behind the trellis then you could plant a fast growing climber to cover it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. keithhampson

Making my own planter

Oooooo I know what I shall be getting the OH making this weekend ;) we have left over deckboards from the dog run lol he will be a busy boy :)
    Oooooo I know what I shall be getting the OH making this weekend ;) we have left over deckboards from the dog run lol he will be a busy boy :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Aesculus

Levelling soil

I think so Scrungee:scratch: as to it being shady, the only part of the garden that isn't shady is next to the bordering garden and they have kids who like to play football (and their not very good:lunapic 130165696578242 5:) so I...
    I think so Scrungee:scratch: as to it being shady, the only part of the garden that isn't shady is next to the bordering garden and they have kids who like to play football (and their not very good:lunapic 130165696578242 5:) so I wanted to try and keep it away from that side I think it will brighten up substantially when...
    I think so Scrungee:scratch: as to it being shady, the only part of the garden that isn't shady is next to the bordering garden and they have kids who like to play football (and their not very good:lunapic 130165696578242 5:) so I wanted to try and keep it away from that side I...
    I think so Scrungee:scratch: as to it being shady, the only part of the garden that isn't shady is next to the bordering garden and they have kids who like to play football (and their not very good:lunapic 130165696578242 5:) so I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. keithhampson

Things to make with concrete for the garden

Certainly amazing Eddie..
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl

Screening

Good evening Freddy and Watergarden many thanks for you kind reply,s.Watergarden I will do as you suggest and go for Willow,your help is very much appreciated my friend.:)
    Good evening Freddy and Watergarden many thanks for you kind reply,s.Watergarden I will do as you suggest and go for Willow,your help is very much appreciated my friend.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Terrierist

Raised Beds? Planting times/

Your compost will run low in nutrient in planters after cropping so will need feeding/re newing eventually.
    Your compost will run low in nutrient in planters after cropping so will need feeding/re newing eventually.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. chitting kaz

wind break ?

Cracking idea and just the right level of perviousity - or some word like that! Cheap as chips too - I think that the webbing is always blinking expensive.
    Cracking idea and just the right level of perviousity - or some word like that! Cheap as chips too - I think that the webbing is always blinking expensive.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. clueless1

Patio heater from Washing machine drum

I had an incinerator bin once. It was a nightmare to light, looked ugly, and was smelly due to never being able to get good enough air flow for an even burn. That's when new. As they age (which...
    I had an incinerator bin once. It was a nightmare to light, looked ugly, and was smelly due to never being able to get good enough air flow for an even burn. That's when new. As they age (which happens quickly) they just get worse. Oh, and one day you go to move it once its cooled down, and the...
    I had an incinerator bin once. It was a nightmare to light, looked ugly, and was smelly due to never being able to get good enough air flow for an even burn. That's when new. As they age (which happens quickly) they just get worse. Oh, and one...
    I had an incinerator bin once. It was a nightmare to light, looked ugly, and was smelly due to never being able to get good enough air flow for an even burn. That's when new. As they age (which...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Folly Mon
    Like x 3

Building an Arbour

I know where you're coming from our Mon.:biggrin: Good luck with it:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ARMANDII

SAFE SEAL

Steady now, Aesculus, let's not get personal!!!:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Gazania

Inspiration.

Mine are in clay and I simply empty up for winter and overwinter the plants in the pond or greenhouse .plus mine have never overflow , the water evaporate very quick.
    Mine are in clay and I simply empty up for winter and overwinter the plants in the pond or greenhouse .plus mine have never overflow , the water evaporate very quick.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Fidgetsmum

Which - concrete or cement? Confused

Something that might be worth considering............ 'Barrowmix' Try searching for it, their must be something similar to near to you, they are great! Phone them up with your dimensions and...
    Something that might be worth considering............ 'Barrowmix' Try searching for it, their must be something similar to near to you, they are great! Phone them up with your dimensions and they'll give you a price over the phone. Next thing, they'll turn up at yours with in their lorry...
    Something that might be worth considering............ 'Barrowmix' Try searching for it, their must be something similar to near to you, they are great! Phone them up with your dimensions and they'll give you a price over the phone. Next...
    Something that might be worth considering............ 'Barrowmix' Try searching for it, their must be something similar to near to you, they are great! Phone them up with your dimensions and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sheal

Retaining Wall

Jack, yes the price is correct. The blocks are made of concrete, not the same as bricks, which is why they are cheaper. I have priced them locally. :) The present wall has already collapsed, as...
    Jack, yes the price is correct. The blocks are made of concrete, not the same as bricks, which is why they are cheaper. I have priced them locally. :) The present wall has already collapsed, as you say at one end, it is also beginning to give elsewhere along it's length. I can assure you the...
    Jack, yes the price is correct. The blocks are made of concrete, not the same as bricks, which is why they are cheaper. I have priced them locally. :) The present wall has already collapsed, as you say at one end, it is also beginning to give...
    Jack, yes the price is correct. The blocks are made of concrete, not the same as bricks, which is why they are cheaper. I have priced them locally. :) The present wall has already collapsed, as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Folly Mon
    Like x 7

Conservatory Arghhhhhhhhh

I reckon sheal is right Nick & something better will come along..! :SUNsmile:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. clueless1

What's the most slippery thing I can polish wood with?

Personally I wouldn't 'paint' the slide with anything. If you want a truly durable finish begin by smoothing off the surface with a fairly coarse wire wool, and keep sanding with finer and finer...
    Personally I wouldn't 'paint' the slide with anything. If you want a truly durable finish begin by smoothing off the surface with a fairly coarse wire wool, and keep sanding with finer and finer grades (raising the grain between each sanding) until you're down to 0000 by which time the surface...
    Personally I wouldn't 'paint' the slide with anything. If you want a truly durable finish begin by smoothing off the surface with a fairly coarse wire wool, and keep sanding with finer and finer grades (raising the grain between each sanding)...
    Personally I wouldn't 'paint' the slide with anything. If you want a truly durable finish begin by smoothing off the surface with a fairly coarse wire wool, and keep sanding with finer and finer...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice