1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Fidgetsmum
    Like x 3

I'm so excited

After all these years, that massive tumble-down old shed has finally gone from the far corner of our garden, we've cleared the site, raked and tamped down the ground, levelled the padstones and...
    After all these years, that massive tumble-down old shed has finally gone from the far corner of our garden, we've cleared the site, raked and tamped down the ground, levelled the padstones and tomorrow two men from the garden centre are coming in their lorry to deliver my/our new little summer...
    After all these years, that massive tumble-down old shed has finally gone from the far corner of our garden, we've cleared the site, raked and tamped down the ground, levelled the padstones and tomorrow two men from the garden centre are coming...
    After all these years, that massive tumble-down old shed has finally gone from the far corner of our garden, we've cleared the site, raked and tamped down the ground, levelled the padstones and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. clueless1

Play area from old decking

Sheal, you're right of course. After some pondering, I've revised my plan a bit. I don't think it can fall down now, at least not any time soon. The original plan feature the deck being mounted on...
    Sheal, you're right of course. After some pondering, I've revised my plan a bit. I don't think it can fall down now, at least not any time soon. The original plan feature the deck being mounted on four legs, two of which were the old trees. That's still the case, except I've added diagonals from...
    Sheal, you're right of course. After some pondering, I've revised my plan a bit. I don't think it can fall down now, at least not any time soon. The original plan feature the deck being mounted on four legs, two of which were the old trees....
    Sheal, you're right of course. After some pondering, I've revised my plan a bit. I don't think it can fall down now, at least not any time soon. The original plan feature the deck being mounted on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Newey

front garden project

I put down a heavy duty membrane in the front garden before i put down the gravel hoping that the weeds would not work there way through it but several months on they have and am having to still...
    I put down a heavy duty membrane in the front garden before i put down the gravel hoping that the weeds would not work there way through it but several months on they have and am having to still pull weeds up but have been round with the weedol but overall am not impressed with the membrane i...
    I put down a heavy duty membrane in the front garden before i put down the gravel hoping that the weeds would not work there way through it but several months on they have and am having to still pull weeds up but have been round with the weedol...
    I put down a heavy duty membrane in the front garden before i put down the gravel hoping that the weeds would not work there way through it but several months on they have and am having to still...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. jw_universe

Brain boggling boggy bit

Thanks very much, that's exactly what I'm talking about. (c) is what has happened. Do not worry; I'm attempting to make it more accessible than it currently is, and prettier too. Your suggestions...
    Thanks very much, that's exactly what I'm talking about. (c) is what has happened. Do not worry; I'm attempting to make it more accessible than it currently is, and prettier too. Your suggestions have been very helpful. Now I can get rid of the sandy gravelly stuff and big rocks!
    Thanks very much, that's exactly what I'm talking about. (c) is what has happened. Do not worry; I'm attempting to make it more accessible than it currently is, and prettier too. Your suggestions have been very helpful. Now I can get rid of the...
    Thanks very much, that's exactly what I'm talking about. (c) is what has happened. Do not worry; I'm attempting to make it more accessible than it currently is, and prettier too. Your suggestions...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Ava

Any suggestions welcome - help!

I loved weed membrane about 10 years ago and it did help when I was giving my garden a makeover but now I'm regretting using it as it makes later planting quite difficult. If you are going to...
    I loved weed membrane about 10 years ago and it did help when I was giving my garden a makeover but now I'm regretting using it as it makes later planting quite difficult. If you are going to use it, I'd suggest using it in fairly short lengths and overlapping them because later on if you...
    I loved weed membrane about 10 years ago and it did help when I was giving my garden a makeover but now I'm regretting using it as it makes later planting quite difficult. If you are going to use it, I'd suggest using it in fairly short...
    I loved weed membrane about 10 years ago and it did help when I was giving my garden a makeover but now I'm regretting using it as it makes later planting quite difficult. If you are going to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Spruce

Boundary Fence with trellis attached to the top !!!!

Yes and taking photos of them not clearing up the dog doo:lunapic 130165696578242 5: Shiney I have to keep the enbankment clear off dead animals is one of the stipulations !!! , no rubish or logs/branches that are left...
    Yes and taking photos of them not clearing up the dog doo:lunapic 130165696578242 5: Shiney I have to keep the enbankment clear off dead animals is one of the stipulations !!! , no rubish or logs/branches that are left after a flood apart from that about it I supose, the river banking will be getting checked...
    Yes and taking photos of them not clearing up the dog doo:lunapic 130165696578242 5: Shiney I have to keep the enbankment clear off dead animals is one of the stipulations !!! , no rubish or logs/branches that are left after a flood apart from that about it I supose, ...
    Yes and taking photos of them not clearing up the dog doo:lunapic 130165696578242 5: Shiney I have to keep the enbankment clear off dead animals is one of the stipulations !!! , no rubish or logs/branches that are left...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. sam001

New garden floors

i know a great online shop you could take a look at. i think they sell this type of thing. we ordered some rubber floors. you should take a look here. i hope all goes well with the flagging. hope...
    i know a great online shop you could take a look at. i think they sell this type of thing. we ordered some rubber floors. you should take a look here. i hope all goes well with the flagging. hope this helps. :)
    i know a great online shop you could take a look at. i think they sell this type of thing. we ordered some rubber floors. you should take a look here. i hope all goes well with the flagging. hope this helps. :)
    i know a great online shop you could take a look at. i think they sell this type of thing. we ordered some rubber floors. you should take a look here. i hope all goes well with the flagging. hope...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Folly Mon

My Next Garden Project

Got Hold of A Small Chimney Pot For Arbor Roof :dbgrtmb:
    091.JPG 007.JPG 090.JPG 088.JPG 076.JPG 002.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Natalie025

Take out Tarmac driveway and replace with ribbon?

Hi Natalie Im No Expert But Ador Cobbles and Granite Sets Available From Most Reclaimed Yards and if you know or your OH Knows any 1 who lays tarmac for a living or works on the roads these am...
    Hi Natalie Im No Expert But Ador Cobbles and Granite Sets Available From Most Reclaimed Yards and if you know or your OH Knows any 1 who lays tarmac for a living or works on the roads these am the Guys who take them up when they re\surface they are 4 sided and Iv allways found there is one face...
    Hi Natalie Im No Expert But Ador Cobbles and Granite Sets Available From Most Reclaimed Yards and if you know or your OH Knows any 1 who lays tarmac for a living or works on the roads these am the Guys who take them up when they re\surface they...
    Hi Natalie Im No Expert But Ador Cobbles and Granite Sets Available From Most Reclaimed Yards and if you know or your OH Knows any 1 who lays tarmac for a living or works on the roads these am...
    022.JPG 023.JPG 024.JPG 005.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Natalie025

Cheap patio ideas?

If you intend paving over it later, gravel would also contribute to the base layer whereas astroturf or anything else will probably have to be lifted and thrown away. Only thing is gravel won't...
    If you intend paving over it later, gravel would also contribute to the base layer whereas astroturf or anything else will probably have to be lifted and thrown away. Only thing is gravel won't allow you to wheel anything over it and can be a pain to walk on. For interest maybe you could loose...
    If you intend paving over it later, gravel would also contribute to the base layer whereas astroturf or anything else will probably have to be lifted and thrown away. Only thing is gravel won't allow you to wheel anything over it and can be a...
    If you intend paving over it later, gravel would also contribute to the base layer whereas astroturf or anything else will probably have to be lifted and thrown away. Only thing is gravel won't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Rockmoc

Home Made Cold Frame

Thanks both, I am using the frame for hardening off Beans and some flowers prior to planting out. I took the vents off and they are blocked now. I will build on some ventilation to head off the...
    Thanks both, I am using the frame for hardening off Beans and some flowers prior to planting out. I took the vents off and they are blocked now. I will build on some ventilation to head off the possibility of fungal inections. My athletes foot hasn't cleared up since the last one . :lunapic 130165696578242 5: :ThankYou:
    Thanks both, I am using the frame for hardening off Beans and some flowers prior to planting out. I took the vents off and they are blocked now. I will build on some ventilation to head off the possibility of fungal inections. My athletes foot...
    Thanks both, I am using the frame for hardening off Beans and some flowers prior to planting out. I took the vents off and they are blocked now. I will build on some ventilation to head off the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Kristen

Ebb and Flood Irrigation

The staging should easily handle 50kg/sqm if its distributed uniformly. You could strengthen it up with gusset plates or diagonal bracing across the corners and stand it on pavers to spread the...
    The staging should easily handle 50kg/sqm if its distributed uniformly. You could strengthen it up with gusset plates or diagonal bracing across the corners and stand it on pavers to spread the load :) Herringbone Struts from wickes etc are quite useful for cross bracing.
    The staging should easily handle 50kg/sqm if its distributed uniformly. You could strengthen it up with gusset plates or diagonal bracing across the corners and stand it on pavers to spread the load :) Herringbone Struts from wickes etc are quite...
    The staging should easily handle 50kg/sqm if its distributed uniformly. You could strengthen it up with gusset plates or diagonal bracing across the corners and stand it on pavers to spread the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Gay Gardener

ideas?

Looks very nice. The green and grey make a nice contrast. What you need now is some nice BIG pots for bold planting :)
    Looks very nice. The green and grey make a nice contrast. What you need now is some nice BIG pots for bold planting :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Bilbo675
    Like x 11

Made This Today..

Thanks for the tip Keith, I have some in the shed...:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ccmiller

What To Do? - Is It A Sewer Line?

I don't think you're being selfish Jack. I have got all three mains running through my property and the better for knowing exactly where they are. If any major digging has to be done, it's better...
    I don't think you're being selfish Jack. I have got all three mains running through my property and the better for knowing exactly where they are. If any major digging has to be done, it's better to be safe than sorry! :)
    I don't think you're being selfish Jack. I have got all three mains running through my property and the better for knowing exactly where they are. If any major digging has to be done, it's better to be safe than sorry! :)
    I don't think you're being selfish Jack. I have got all three mains running through my property and the better for knowing exactly where they are. If any major digging has to be done, it's better...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. keithhampson

Garden ideas

Keith, judging by the pics, your garden is roughly the same size and shape as mine. Its a lot of work, especially when there's the front to do too (same here). So what i've done is sectioned my...
    Keith, judging by the pics, your garden is roughly the same size and shape as mine. Its a lot of work, especially when there's the front to do too (same here). So what i've done is sectioned my back garden off into distinct sections. Mine is still a long way off, but so far I've built a patio...
    Keith, judging by the pics, your garden is roughly the same size and shape as mine. Its a lot of work, especially when there's the front to do too (same here). So what i've done is sectioned my back garden off into distinct sections. Mine is...
    Keith, judging by the pics, your garden is roughly the same size and shape as mine. Its a lot of work, especially when there's the front to do too (same here). So what i've done is sectioned my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. mark yates

Lighting Rig Help

You should be able to replicate a MLR fairly cheaply. How much do they cost to buy? The first light looks to be the best option out of your two as the second from what I can tell won't give you...
    You should be able to replicate a MLR fairly cheaply. How much do they cost to buy? The first light looks to be the best option out of your two as the second from what I can tell won't give you the amount of heat you need for a pitch.
    You should be able to replicate a MLR fairly cheaply. How much do they cost to buy? The first light looks to be the best option out of your two as the second from what I can tell won't give you the amount of heat you need for a pitch.
    You should be able to replicate a MLR fairly cheaply. How much do they cost to buy? The first light looks to be the best option out of your two as the second from what I can tell won't give you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. morepunk

Drip Irrigation Systems

Don't forget you need a pressure regulator and a timer :thumbsup:. The pressure regulator is to stop the pressure blowing your joints apart. I always use very hot water to soften pipes.
    Don't forget you need a pressure regulator and a timer :thumbsup:. The pressure regulator is to stop the pressure blowing your joints apart. I always use very hot water to soften pipes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. moonraker

Summer time project,

Here in UK (England & Wales at least) it's completely the other way round - agricultural land is only for commercial use and not growing stuff for your personal, private consumption.
    Here in UK (England & Wales at least) it's completely the other way round - agricultural land is only for commercial use and not growing stuff for your personal, private consumption.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Fidgetsmum

Need a bit of advice please

One thing you have to wacht is that there are some trades people out there with licence and insursances, and they will also dump in lane and back streets, = more money for there pockets,this...
    One thing you have to wacht is that there are some trades people out there with licence and insursances, and they will also dump in lane and back streets, = more money for there pockets,this happen to someone i know,luckley he had all the paper work from the person , when his rubbish was found...
    One thing you have to wacht is that there are some trades people out there with licence and insursances, and they will also dump in lane and back streets, = more money for there pockets,this happen to someone i know,luckley he had all the paper...
    One thing you have to wacht is that there are some trades people out there with licence and insursances, and they will also dump in lane and back streets, = more money for there pockets,this...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice