Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Mitramonday

Replacing/replenishing gravel & weed barrier matting

That's my opinion anyway. We have an area of driveway here that is similar to gravel with recycled road surface material used and I just keep the weeds under control by picking them out with...
    That's my opinion anyway. We have an area of driveway here that is similar to gravel with recycled road surface material used and I just keep the weeds under control by picking them out with finger and thumb and maybe a trowel if I allow one or two get a bit too big. If there was a membrane down...
    That's my opinion anyway. We have an area of driveway here that is similar to gravel with recycled road surface material used and I just keep the weeds under control by picking them out with finger and thumb and maybe a trowel if I allow one or...
    That's my opinion anyway. We have an area of driveway here that is similar to gravel with recycled road surface material used and I just keep the weeds under control by picking them out with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Black Dog

Rebar steel rods for climbing plants - rust protection?

Oh they are stainless steel it was all bought in specially for making reconstituted stone work. It's been outside for years and still bright silver.
    Oh they are stainless steel it was all bought in specially for making reconstituted stone work. It's been outside for years and still bright silver.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Gizmo

Raised beds

With veg plants I guess we've got to consider which wood preserver is reasonably safe. I doubt if it would leech into the soil but i did put a sheet of black dpc plastic on the inside of mine to...
    With veg plants I guess we've got to consider which wood preserver is reasonably safe. I doubt if it would leech into the soil but i did put a sheet of black dpc plastic on the inside of mine to minimise the risk. A roll from screwfix wasn't expensive.
    With veg plants I guess we've got to consider which wood preserver is reasonably safe. I doubt if it would leech into the soil but i did put a sheet of black dpc plastic on the inside of mine to minimise the risk. A roll from screwfix wasn't...
    With veg plants I guess we've got to consider which wood preserver is reasonably safe. I doubt if it would leech into the soil but i did put a sheet of black dpc plastic on the inside of mine to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Selleri

"Doing up" plastic pots

Slight rub down with some sandpaper/wet and dry, paint with acrylic paint in whatever colour you require. Jobs a goodun
    Slight rub down with some sandpaper/wet and dry, paint with acrylic paint in whatever colour you require. Jobs a goodun
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. roders
    Like x 8

Time for change.

All in...........and me. Very hard work but rewarding to actually do something positive during lockdown.
    All in...........and me. Very hard work but rewarding to actually do something positive during lockdown.
    98D3B1A8-BD39-42B1-804F-C596F9C3FB53.jpeg EFA3E375-D66E-4100-BEDE-95E745C30BFE.jpeg 291658B7-B43C-45DB-9B73-1A9281674124.jpeg 03A47C74-301A-46B5-A54A-FAB21EF49550.jpeg 79C44873-DCB4-4A8E-85F1-AD2A8382B1AF.jpeg 10CC808F-89E4-4D35-A4CC-86E1D28C6226.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Ashleyc

Garden Shed Floor Replacement

I know how you feel - I have to build a new one and just want some warmer drier weather!
    I know how you feel - I have to build a new one and just want some warmer drier weather!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jack Sparrow
    Like x 3

Making a concrete bench

Have you looked on Preloved, Freecycle, Gumtree, etc @Jack Sparrow ? Or Ebay?
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. DianneW
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. DianneW
    Like x 11

Husband Loves Wood by DianneW

Jason equally is as good but accident prone(now that would be a book on it's own)..the owner of Mantel Farm and finding big problems with the business because of the Covid 19....of course like...
    Jason equally is as good but accident prone(now that would be a book on it's own)..the owner of Mantel Farm and finding big problems with the business because of the Covid 19....of course like many many others would be in the same boat now.
    Jason equally is as good but accident prone(now that would be a book on it's own)..the owner of Mantel Farm and finding big problems with the business because of the Covid 19....of course like many many others would be in the same boat now.
    Jason equally is as good but accident prone(now that would be a book on it's own)..the owner of Mantel Farm and finding big problems with the business because of the Covid 19....of course like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kevin Cowans

Sealing around Pond Hose in Water Feature

Hello allI hope you are well.Just a quick update.The new Pump (Pondo Compact 2000) was delivered today.It is now in place and the Water Feature is now performing much better.ThanksKevin
    Hello allI hope you are well.Just a quick update.The new Pump (Pondo Compact 2000) was delivered today.It is now in place and the Water Feature is now performing much better.ThanksKevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Gizmo

new decking project

new decking done just got to put some oil on it
    000132.jpg 000135.jpg IMG_20201112_140814_resized_20201112_022438797.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. xf8u39

Plant id

Strictly a house or conservatory plant and as stated can grow to 6 ft or more (with support). Side shoots can be cut off for cuttings but only in Spring or summer. It needs fairly light conditions...
    Strictly a house or conservatory plant and as stated can grow to 6 ft or more (with support). Side shoots can be cut off for cuttings but only in Spring or summer. It needs fairly light conditions but not direct sun.
    Strictly a house or conservatory plant and as stated can grow to 6 ft or more (with support). Side shoots can be cut off for cuttings but only in Spring or summer. It needs fairly light conditions but not direct sun.
    Strictly a house or conservatory plant and as stated can grow to 6 ft or more (with support). Side shoots can be cut off for cuttings but only in Spring or summer. It needs fairly light conditions...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Gizmo

diy decking

thankyou for your replys we cannot use nitromores due to chest complaints , with our boards they are only single grooved still unsure if it would be safe or not for my wife to walk on , with...
    thankyou for your replys we cannot use nitromores due to chest complaints , with our boards they are only single grooved still unsure if it would be safe or not for my wife to walk on , with composite boards i find that they cost alot of pennys , so i think that the boards will be replaced and...
    thankyou for your replys we cannot use nitromores due to chest complaints , with our boards they are only single grooved still unsure if it would be safe or not for my wife to walk on , with composite boards i find that they cost alot of pennys ,...
    thankyou for your replys we cannot use nitromores due to chest complaints , with our boards they are only single grooved still unsure if it would be safe or not for my wife to walk on , with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Gerard1983

Greenhouse project at side of house

There's a fence between the 2 properties and their garden is about a foot or two lower than ours.I'll try and take a couple of photos of the gap tomorrow so that it's a bit clearer.
    There's a fence between the 2 properties and their garden is about a foot or two lower than ours.I'll try and take a couple of photos of the gap tomorrow so that it's a bit clearer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Joolz

Raised Veg Beds

Morning @Jymi riddler . Thank you for your info. I feel 60cm would be slightly too high for me to work with easily. We're looking at a height of 46 to 50cm height above ground.The willow is...
    Morning @Jymi riddler . Thank you for your info. I feel 60cm would be slightly too high for me to work with easily. We're looking at a height of 46 to 50cm height above ground.The willow is divine to sit under when the sun is out and the temp is high. I tend to do all my potting on under there...
    Morning @Jymi riddler . Thank you for your info. I feel 60cm would be slightly too high for me to work with easily. We're looking at a height of 46 to 50cm height above ground.The willow is divine to sit under when the sun is out and the temp...
    Morning @Jymi riddler . Thank you for your info. I feel 60cm would be slightly too high for me to work with easily. We're looking at a height of 46 to 50cm height above ground.The willow is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. DaveMK

How to link raised patio and lawn?

Thanks mazambo,So right about backache; everyone's back pain is individual to them, and mine had become life-changing in that my lower back went into excrutiating spasm with no warning and when...
    Thanks mazambo,So right about backache; everyone's back pain is individual to them, and mine had become life-changing in that my lower back went into excrutiating spasm with no warning and when doing simple normal things. I couldn't get out of the chair without that spasm occurring, when my GP...
    Thanks mazambo,So right about backache; everyone's back pain is individual to them, and mine had become life-changing in that my lower back went into excrutiating spasm with no warning and when doing simple normal things. I couldn't get out of...
    Thanks mazambo,So right about backache; everyone's back pain is individual to them, and mine had become life-changing in that my lower back went into excrutiating spasm with no warning and when...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. landimad

Got a cussing for this.....

I doubt if this will fill to the levels of previous fill, but then there will be the fact of the new owner finding what they want to do with this area at the front. The new people may want to...
    I doubt if this will fill to the levels of previous fill, but then there will be the fact of the new owner finding what they want to do with this area at the front. The new people may want to pave over the lot and have parking for many or change it to conifers or fence it in.
    I doubt if this will fill to the levels of previous fill, but then there will be the fact of the new owner finding what they want to do with this area at the front. The new people may want to pave over the lot and have parking for many or change...
    I doubt if this will fill to the levels of previous fill, but then there will be the fact of the new owner finding what they want to do with this area at the front. The new people may want to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. MrB

What to do with this garden?

Another thing you can do is just walk round your neighbourhood, to see what's doing well and looking good in other people's front gardens. I've often got ideas myself that way, people are usually...
    Another thing you can do is just walk round your neighbourhood, to see what's doing well and looking good in other people's front gardens. I've often got ideas myself that way, people are usually happy to tell you what a particular plant is or if not I believe there are apps you can use to...
    Another thing you can do is just walk round your neighbourhood, to see what's doing well and looking good in other people's front gardens. I've often got ideas myself that way, people are usually happy to tell you what a particular plant is or if...
    Another thing you can do is just walk round your neighbourhood, to see what's doing well and looking good in other people's front gardens. I've often got ideas myself that way, people are usually...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Iwang

Enough room for a small weeping willow?

In the end I bought a 'Larix Kaempferi Pendula' - a small weeping conifer. Small enough to take its place quite nicely in that corner of the garden. Thanks for all the kind advice
    In the end I bought a 'Larix Kaempferi Pendula' - a small weeping conifer. Small enough to take its place quite nicely in that corner of the garden. Thanks for all the kind advice
    IMG_0265.JPG IMG_0266.JPG IMG_0262.JPG IMG_0277.JPG IMG_0278.JPG IMG_0279.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Palustris

Stumpery

I was about to mention some of those! :doh: How about Hellebores? They're quite happy in heavy shade as well.
    I was about to mention some of those! :doh: How about Hellebores? They're quite happy in heavy shade as well.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice