Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. ARMANDII
    Like x 6

WHAT ARE WE DOING IN THE GARDEN TODAY - 2021

Yes that's why I don't put seedlings out they get started off in the conservatory, once they've grown a lot and hardened off they're fine.:)
    Yes that's why I don't put seedlings out they get started off in the conservatory, once they've grown a lot and hardened off they're fine.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ARMANDII
    Like x 13

WHATS LOOKING GOOD IN JANUARY 2021

Just our usual stroll around the garden just now and a few photos....buds are now appearing..:) These flower beds are hard work but I just want to have more colour this yearcleared most of...
    Just our usual stroll around the garden just now and a few photos....buds are now appearing..:) These flower beds are hard work but I just want to have more colour this yearcleared most of the veggie bed now..the soil is pretty good here unlike Pebbles claypot soil..the name suited,...
    Just our usual stroll around the garden just now and a few photos....buds are now appearing..:) These flower beds are hard work but I just want to have more colour this yearcleared most of the veggie bed now..the soil is pretty good here...
    Just our usual stroll around the garden just now and a few photos....buds are now appearing..:) These flower beds are hard work but I just want to have more colour this yearcleared most of...
    upload_2021-1-1_9-50-21.png Brugmansia2 1 Jan.jpg Poinsettia 1 Jan.jpg Viburnum3 1 Jan.jpg Viburnum2 1 Jzn.jpg Oleander 1 Jan.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ARMANDII
    Like x 3

GARDENERS CORNER SEED SWAP 2021

Hi Noisette47, Yes, l am going to do the the same as Pamsdish.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ARMANDII

SHOW US YOUR PURCHASES - 2021

My order of 500 Double Snowdrops "in the green", and 200 Aconites in the "green" arrived this morning but although the invoice said "Double Snowdrops" the actual sealed plastic bags said "Single"....
    My order of 500 Double Snowdrops "in the green", and 200 Aconites in the "green" arrived this morning but although the invoice said "Double Snowdrops" the actual sealed plastic bags said "Single". :wallbanging: I've rung the Company and explained the problem and they are going to send the 500 Double Snow...
    My order of 500 Double Snowdrops "in the green", and 200 Aconites in the "green" arrived this morning but although the invoice said "Double Snowdrops" the actual sealed plastic bags said "Single". :wallbanging: I've rung the Company and explained the problem...
    My order of 500 Double Snowdrops "in the green", and 200 Aconites in the "green" arrived this morning but although the invoice said "Double Snowdrops" the actual sealed plastic bags said "Single"....
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ARMANDII
    Like x 6

GARDENING ASPIRATIONS FOR 2021

My aspirations are simple - to try and keep the garden tidy! No new projects apart from trying to get lawn back on the very large area that has died off because of us storing empty pots and trays...
    My aspirations are simple - to try and keep the garden tidy! No new projects apart from trying to get lawn back on the very large area that has died off because of us storing empty pots and trays that we keep ready for all the plants we usually grow for sale. No open garden again this year so...
    My aspirations are simple - to try and keep the garden tidy! No new projects apart from trying to get lawn back on the very large area that has died off because of us storing empty pots and trays that we keep ready for all the plants we usually...
    My aspirations are simple - to try and keep the garden tidy! No new projects apart from trying to get lawn back on the very large area that has died off because of us storing empty pots and trays...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ARMANDII

SUPER SALVIAS - 2021

Most salvia are easy from seed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ARMANDII

ANYONE BUYING NEW SEED FOR 2021?

Just received Tomato Black Russian, Heinz 1370, Bloody Butcher, Pea Blauwschokker, Runner Bean Firestorm, Broad Bean Karmazyn, Basil Lettuce leaf Still got a rather large order of ornamental...
    Just received Tomato Black Russian, Heinz 1370, Bloody Butcher, Pea Blauwschokker, Runner Bean Firestorm, Broad Bean Karmazyn, Basil Lettuce leaf Still got a rather large order of ornamental plants to come...
    Just received Tomato Black Russian, Heinz 1370, Bloody Butcher, Pea Blauwschokker, Runner Bean Firestorm, Broad Bean Karmazyn, Basil Lettuce leaf Still got a rather large order of ornamental plants to come...
    Just received Tomato Black Russian, Heinz 1370, Bloody Butcher, Pea Blauwschokker, Runner Bean Firestorm, Broad Bean Karmazyn, Basil Lettuce leaf Still got a rather large order of ornamental...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ARMANDII

FUCHSIAS - 2021

Hi,Just been out to check the plants in the greenhouse during a brief spell of sunshine, the first for some days.Found one Fuchsia with three leaves showing signs of a new outbreak of Rust !...
    Hi,Just been out to check the plants in the greenhouse during a brief spell of sunshine, the first for some days.Found one Fuchsia with three leaves showing signs of a new outbreak of Rust ! so think its a timely reminder to check yours if you have any still in leaf.Got a little USB...
    Hi,Just been out to check the plants in the greenhouse during a brief spell of sunshine, the first for some days.Found one Fuchsia with three leaves showing signs of a new outbreak of Rust ! so think its a timely reminder to check yours if...
    Hi,Just been out to check the plants in the greenhouse during a brief spell of sunshine, the first for some days.Found one Fuchsia with three leaves showing signs of a new outbreak of Rust !...
    upload_2021-1-1_9-54-11.png 000325.jpg 000323.jpg 000324.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ARMANDII

SWEETPEAS - 2021

I absolutely love sweet peas, have just potted up seeds.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. ARMANDII

THE IRIS FAMILY - 2021

Let's hope it's a good year.
    upload_2021-1-1_10-13-11.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ARMANDII

DAY LILIES - 2021

Another year of colour.
    Another year of colour.
    Another year of colour.
    Another year of colour.
    upload_2021-1-1_10-5-55.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ARMANDII

SOWING SEEDS - 2021

Another year for sowing new plants.
    upload_2021-1-1_10-0-30.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ARMANDII
    Like x 5

RECOMMENDED GARDENING/HORTICULTURAL/BOTANICAL BOOKS AND PERSONAL STUDIES INTO THE SUBJECT

Now then. So we have opened up a bit about our books etc. Now then. I am approaching a kind of special time of the gardening year to me. I wonder if anyone cares to share their thoughts,...
    Now then. So we have opened up a bit about our books etc. Now then. I am approaching a kind of special time of the gardening year to me. I wonder if anyone cares to share their thoughts, experiences and memories. To help set the scene. For those who have perhaps lived through an era, and...
    Now then. So we have opened up a bit about our books etc. Now then. I am approaching a kind of special time of the gardening year to me. I wonder if anyone cares to share their thoughts, experiences and memories. To help set the scene. For...
    Now then. So we have opened up a bit about our books etc. Now then. I am approaching a kind of special time of the gardening year to me. I wonder if anyone cares to share their thoughts,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Redwing
    Like x 5

Good Online Nurseries and Plant Sellers

Thanks, will check them out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ARMANDII

HANGING BASKETS, WINDOW BOXES AND PLANTERS 2020

Over wintered in the greenhouse and the two Callibrchoa survived and are now flowering well.Cherry Ripple petunias, Dichondra Silver Falls from seedlings found in the greenhouse.
    Over wintered in the greenhouse and the two Callibrchoa survived and are now flowering well.Cherry Ripple petunias, Dichondra Silver Falls from seedlings found in the greenhouse.
    pot.JPG basket 1.JPG IMG_1540.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ARMANDII
    Like x 3

IRIS CHOICE - NEED A HAND FROM THE GANG

I do like the black one with a hint of blue - Black suited :blue thumb: they are all nice though .
    I do like the black one with a hint of blue - Black suited :blue thumb: they are all nice though .
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. HarryS
    Like x 18

Know Your Weeds

my friend seems to be having a problem with buttercup weeds in her lawn, how can she get rid of it ? Without damaging the lawn :spinning:
    my friend seems to be having a problem with buttercup weeds in her lawn, how can she get rid of it ? Without damaging the lawn :spinning:
    77E1E0A6-9BD8-440F-8F58-999D69CBB5A6.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. HarryS

Dahlia Tuber Planting ?

Brilliant thread. Having moved home last year I thought my Dahlia tubers had got lost but I stumbled across them the other day. I pulled a couple out of one large pot to see if they were ok and...
    Brilliant thread. Having moved home last year I thought my Dahlia tubers had got lost but I stumbled across them the other day. I pulled a couple out of one large pot to see if they were ok and they seemed fine (see below) One had new shoots growing. I'm not confident enough to separate them...
    Brilliant thread. Having moved home last year I thought my Dahlia tubers had got lost but I stumbled across them the other day. I pulled a couple out of one large pot to see if they were ok and they seemed fine (see below) One had new shoots...
    Brilliant thread. Having moved home last year I thought my Dahlia tubers had got lost but I stumbled across them the other day. I pulled a couple out of one large pot to see if they were ok and...
    20200425_154448.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kristen

Kristen's Project

It's coming on a treat Kristen despite the occasional hiccup. What amazes me with the bigger projects of yours is how this all comes together in your mind. Do you actually manage to sleep at night? :biggrin:
    It's coming on a treat Kristen despite the occasional hiccup. What amazes me with the bigger projects of yours is how this all comes together in your mind. Do you actually manage to sleep at night? :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Fat Controller

Sheds

I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor...
    I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor repairs and give it a coat of preservative soon. Although the roof has been replaced at some point the...
    I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor repairs and give it a coat of preservative soon....
    I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor...
    06_10_0.JPEG P1060523.JPG P1060078.JPG 044.JPG upload_2019-1-30_11-51-57.jpeg Jenx 310712.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. JWK
    Like x 9

Do you know your soil type?

Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure added over the years. Warm, sunny walled garden not far from the coast. Can grow wide range of...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure added over the years. Warm, sunny walled garden...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. PeterS
    Like x 8

Improving clay

Cool
    Cool
    Cool
    Cool
    Replies:
    Views:
  24.   » Normal Threads
  25. Selleri
    Like x 7

What mistakes have you NOT learnt from?

Let's see, livistona could germinate in, say, three months. You'll pot them up in deep pots where they will hang around for another 6 months sending out roots. Leaves will eventually start getting...
    Let's see, livistona could germinate in, say, three months. You'll pot them up in deep pots where they will hang around for another 6 months sending out roots. Leaves will eventually start getting bigger until after about two years when you maybe have your first adult leaf or something...
    Let's see, livistona could germinate in, say, three months. You'll pot them up in deep pots where they will hang around for another 6 months sending out roots. Leaves will eventually start getting bigger until after about two years when you maybe...
    Let's see, livistona could germinate in, say, three months. You'll pot them up in deep pots where they will hang around for another 6 months sending out roots. Leaves will eventually start getting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. wls09

Ordering seeds from EU countries, 2021?

I emailed the website I wanted to get seeds from again since I ordered from them earlier last year, they happened to email back this morning to say that it's still fine to order from them but...
    I emailed the website I wanted to get seeds from again since I ordered from them earlier last year, they happened to email back this morning to say that it's still fine to order from them but after April I will require a certificate (about 40-50 EUR).Believe me, I have been trying where I...
    I emailed the website I wanted to get seeds from again since I ordered from them earlier last year, they happened to email back this morning to say that it's still fine to order from them but after April I will require a certificate (about 40-50...
    I emailed the website I wanted to get seeds from again since I ordered from them earlier last year, they happened to email back this morning to say that it's still fine to order from them but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Sheal

Help to track down a plant please.

Thanks Victoria, I looked at those but they're not fully hardy I'm afraid.Thank you all for your help :dbgrtmb: but I've bitten the bullet today and ordered Choisya Sundance. It's mature height and...
    Thanks Victoria, I looked at those but they're not fully hardy I'm afraid.Thank you all for your help :dbgrtmb: but I've bitten the bullet today and ordered Choisya Sundance. It's mature height and spread is a little more than I wanted but I've given it some thought and will alter the layout of the...
    Thanks Victoria, I looked at those but they're not fully hardy I'm afraid.Thank you all for your help :dbgrtmb: but I've bitten the bullet today and ordered Choisya Sundance. It's mature height and spread is a little more than I wanted but I've given it...
    Thanks Victoria, I looked at those but they're not fully hardy I'm afraid.Thank you all for your help :dbgrtmb: but I've bitten the bullet today and ordered Choisya Sundance. It's mature height and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. CanadianLori

Hibiscus Help!! Arghh,

oohhh it died
    oohhh it died
    oohhh it died
    oohhh it died
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Karen2226

Viburnum help please.

Great, thanks. Sounds lovely, I'll have a look for those.
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Kevin Cowans

My Garden Progress

Hello @ShealThanks, hopefully things will go smoothly.I will post an update when, if , the issues get resolved.Along with photos, of course.ThanksKevin
    Hello @ShealThanks, hopefully things will go smoothly.I will post an update when, if , the issues get resolved.Along with photos, of course.ThanksKevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. ThePlantAssassin

Honeysuckle keeps failing??

Try giving your jasmine a regular dose of tomato food :). Another lovely plant is Trachelospermum jasminoides (probably now called Rhyncospermum). That's an evergreen with white, scented,...
    Try giving your jasmine a regular dose of tomato food :). Another lovely plant is Trachelospermum jasminoides (probably now called Rhyncospermum). That's an evergreen with white, scented, jasmine-like flowers. T. asiaticum has creamy-yellow flowers. Dregea sinensis (Wattakaka) would probably do...
    Try giving your jasmine a regular dose of tomato food :). Another lovely plant is Trachelospermum jasminoides (probably now called Rhyncospermum). That's an evergreen with white, scented, jasmine-like flowers. T. asiaticum has creamy-yellow...
    Try giving your jasmine a regular dose of tomato food :). Another lovely plant is Trachelospermum jasminoides (probably now called Rhyncospermum). That's an evergreen with white, scented,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. Loofah

Shed

Hadn't really narrowed it down tbh, this was more of a check to see if I should put in the effort of research! Still undecided...
    Hadn't really narrowed it down tbh, this was more of a check to see if I should put in the effort of research! Still undecided...
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. noisette47

Xanthocerus sorbifolium

True - and Baumaux don't have that in stock this year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. Gaynor Harvey

Planting seeds

Wow, pete, that is the most comprehensive post I've seen you do in a long time:love30: , and I agree with you on most points. Cannas, as you said, are not Lilies and I'm sure you're right that,...
    Wow, pete, that is the most comprehensive post I've seen you do in a long time:love30: , and I agree with you on most points. Cannas, as you said, are not Lilies and I'm sure you're right that, logically, Lily seeds will take a long time to flower until the ensuing bulb is mature enough to even think...
    Wow, pete, that is the most comprehensive post I've seen you do in a long time:love30: , and I agree with you on most points. Cannas, as you said, are not Lilies and I'm sure you're right that, logically, Lily seeds will take a long time to flower until...
    Wow, pete, that is the most comprehensive post I've seen you do in a long time:love30: , and I agree with you on most points. Cannas, as you said, are not Lilies and I'm sure you're right that,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  35. Scrungee
    Informative x 4

Dangerous Courgettes!

We don't have any problem about supplies as we collect courgette seeds from our own plants. We leave one to grow large, enter it as a marrow in horticultural shows and then keep and dry the seeds...
    We don't have any problem about supplies as we collect courgette seeds from our own plants. We leave one to grow large, enter it as a marrow in horticultural shows and then keep and dry the seeds for the following year(s). :blue thumb: My middle name is Scrooge :old: :heehee:
    We don't have any problem about supplies as we collect courgette seeds from our own plants. We leave one to grow large, enter it as a marrow in horticultural shows and then keep and dry the seeds for the following year(s). :blue thumb: My middle name is...
    We don't have any problem about supplies as we collect courgette seeds from our own plants. We leave one to grow large, enter it as a marrow in horticultural shows and then keep and dry the seeds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  36. mazambo

Pansy, viola, where am I going wrong?

I have some Violas bought from local hardware store. They are in pots of mpc, haven't been fed or dead headed and exposed to the rigours of an Anglesey winter. They seem okay and have flowered...
    I have some Violas bought from local hardware store. They are in pots of mpc, haven't been fed or dead headed and exposed to the rigours of an Anglesey winter. They seem okay and have flowered all the way through winter. I like them because they are tough and don't need any care from me.
    I have some Violas bought from local hardware store. They are in pots of mpc, haven't been fed or dead headed and exposed to the rigours of an Anglesey winter. They seem okay and have flowered all the way through winter. I like them because...
    I have some Violas bought from local hardware store. They are in pots of mpc, haven't been fed or dead headed and exposed to the rigours of an Anglesey winter. They seem okay and have flowered...
    Replies:
    Views:
  37. mazambo

Grow Light

I try and delay moving plants from indoors to my greenhouse as long as possible to avoid heating the whole place just for a small amount of plants, assisted by bringing my greenhouse lighting...
    I try and delay moving plants from indoors to my greenhouse as long as possible to avoid heating the whole place just for a small amount of plants, assisted by bringing my greenhouse lighting indoors and setting up tiered staging in front of a window, but Mrs Scrungee only lets me do that in one...
    I try and delay moving plants from indoors to my greenhouse as long as possible to avoid heating the whole place just for a small amount of plants, assisted by bringing my greenhouse lighting indoors and setting up tiered staging in front of a...
    I try and delay moving plants from indoors to my greenhouse as long as possible to avoid heating the whole place just for a small amount of plants, assisted by bringing my greenhouse lighting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  38. luciusmaximus

Hello Scabious

I'm not sure if there is a variety mentioned on the label, I will look tomorrow. Labels on the hardware store plants can often be a bit vague or even non existent :loll::heehee:. I do have a wild scabious in...
    I'm not sure if there is a variety mentioned on the label, I will look tomorrow. Labels on the hardware store plants can often be a bit vague or even non existent :loll::heehee:. I do have a wild scabious in the front garden and that looks after itself mostly. Also have a knautia something or other in...
    I'm not sure if there is a variety mentioned on the label, I will look tomorrow. Labels on the hardware store plants can often be a bit vague or even non existent :loll::heehee:. I do have a wild scabious in the front garden and that looks after itself...
    I'm not sure if there is a variety mentioned on the label, I will look tomorrow. Labels on the hardware store plants can often be a bit vague or even non existent :loll::heehee:. I do have a wild scabious in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  39. liliana
    Friendly x 4

Hello everyone, l am back !!

hey you .... we need a update
    Replies:
    Views:
  40. AdrianBg

Tree lillies - advice needed

keep in the fridge for now if not ready to plant
    Replies:
    Views:
  41. Purple Streaks

Fullers earth powder.

It seemed odd on seeing this in the plant world seeds . But both Mike's and Nigels explanation is understandable. Mikes ,reminds me of :old: an ageing Doctor who was well known for advising the use of...
    It seemed odd on seeing this in the plant world seeds . But both Mike's and Nigels explanation is understandable. Mikes ,reminds me of :old: an ageing Doctor who was well known for advising the use of Fullers Earth tablets for almost everything from a sore throat to backache and all else inbetween, ...
    It seemed odd on seeing this in the plant world seeds . But both Mike's and Nigels explanation is understandable. Mikes ,reminds me of :old: an ageing Doctor who was well known for advising the use of Fullers Earth tablets for almost everything from...
    It seemed odd on seeing this in the plant world seeds . But both Mike's and Nigels explanation is understandable. Mikes ,reminds me of :old: an ageing Doctor who was well known for advising the use of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  42. clum111

How to stake up these....?

I know it's a bit belated,but couldn't help adding:::::Sometimes on a forum we have to agree to disagree:)Oooops sorry , I'll get me coat :spinning:
    I know it's a bit belated,but couldn't help adding:::::Sometimes on a forum we have to agree to disagree:)Oooops sorry , I'll get me coat :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  43. Texas Pete

Ideas for area with shallow soil and concrete which may be part of wall footing.

My in-laws had moved into a council bungalow .They had a similar problem ,.Everything plus an old kitchen sink was buried a couple of foot down.They replaced the soil .T he plant always died...
    My in-laws had moved into a council bungalow .They had a similar problem ,.Everything plus an old kitchen sink was buried a couple of foot down.They replaced the soil .T he plant always died . the only shrub was a wild rose and this thrived. make sure you get ALL the soil replaced.The...
    My in-laws had moved into a council bungalow .They had a similar problem ,.Everything plus an old kitchen sink was buried a couple of foot down.They replaced the soil .T he plant always died . the only shrub was a wild rose and this thrived....
    My in-laws had moved into a council bungalow .They had a similar problem ,.Everything plus an old kitchen sink was buried a couple of foot down.They replaced the soil .T he plant always died...
    Replies:
    Views:
  44. alecras234

knowledge

Hello again Ash, for absolute basics, written in a clear, concise way, these are your best bet...
    Hello again Ash, for absolute basics, written in a clear, concise way, these are your best bet...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice