Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. ARMANDII
    Like x 6

WHAT ARE WE DOING IN THE GARDEN TODAY - 2021

Lol who says gardening can't be a competitive sport :biggrin: Well done with the determination - I'll look into finding a warm surface to try too if my second lot refuse to cooperate, thank you for the tip :)
    Lol who says gardening can't be a competitive sport :biggrin: Well done with the determination - I'll look into finding a warm surface to try too if my second lot refuse to cooperate, thank you for the tip :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. NigelJ
    Like x 12

WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN April 21

Wisteria floribunda macrobotrysLavender stoechas Zantedeschia
    Ipheion Tessa.JPG Ipheion Albert Castillo.JPG Geranium libani.JPG Cestrum elegans.JPG Muscari macrocarpum.JPG Arum creticum.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ARMANDII

SHOW US YOUR PURCHASES - 2021

My new Double Hibiscus, a HibisQs which blooms for 3-5 days and constantly has blooms. I have an Orange Single one too below. I got a new pedestal pot for the new one ... it is actually a...
    My new Double Hibiscus, a HibisQs which blooms for 3-5 days and constantly has blooms. I have an Orange Single one too below. I got a new pedestal pot for the new one ... it is actually a lantern so I lined it with an old black tee shirt before filling with compost..
    My new Double Hibiscus, a HibisQs which blooms for 3-5 days and constantly has blooms. I have an Orange Single one too below. I got a new pedestal pot for the new one ... it is actually a lantern so I lined it with an old black tee shirt before...
    My new Double Hibiscus, a HibisQs which blooms for 3-5 days and constantly has blooms. I have an Orange Single one too below. I got a new pedestal pot for the new one ... it is actually a...
    Pic3.jpg 8CC01A7A-EE09-4240-930F-1346F775B939.jpeg 7D45E7B6-27A2-4E9E-BE1A-3A7498EFAAB9.jpeg IMG_20210108_111200122.jpg upload_2021-1-9_21-6-38.png 271DE23B-ED32-4642-90CC-1A92E72DD9D5.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ARMANDII
    Like x 4

SWEETPEAS - 2021

I understand this latest cold chill is coming from Greenland, who left the EU in 1985 so your plants should be safe :biggrin:
    I understand this latest cold chill is coming from Greenland, who left the EU in 1985 so your plants should be safe :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ARMANDII
    Like x 3

SOWING SEEDS - 2021

Indoors I've planted Honesty (Lunaria annua) for a shady corner. They are off to a good start. Nasturtium milkmaid (purchased) and some red nasturtium seeds collected last year from a plant that...
    Indoors I've planted Honesty (Lunaria annua) for a shady corner. They are off to a good start. Nasturtium milkmaid (purchased) and some red nasturtium seeds collected last year from a plant that was a gift. Planted the Nasturtium 12 days ago and only one of each kind is growing. Patience I...
    Indoors I've planted Honesty (Lunaria annua) for a shady corner. They are off to a good start. Nasturtium milkmaid (purchased) and some red nasturtium seeds collected last year from a plant that was a gift. Planted the Nasturtium 12 days ago and...
    Indoors I've planted Honesty (Lunaria annua) for a shady corner. They are off to a good start. Nasturtium milkmaid (purchased) and some red nasturtium seeds collected last year from a plant that...
    upload_2021-1-1_10-0-30.png IMG-20210306-WA0002.jpeg 20210324_111546.jpg 20210324_111605.jpg Seeds.jpg 20210329_231842.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ARMANDII

FUCHSIAS - 2021

Hi,You can cut them down as far as you like, provided you can still see some buds below.The lower you cut, the plant will probably not grow much bigger than it is now, but if you cut higher...
    Hi,You can cut them down as far as you like, provided you can still see some buds below.The lower you cut, the plant will probably not grow much bigger than it is now, but if you cut higher up it will soon grow out bigger.It surprising how a few feet can make a big difference in how...
    Hi,You can cut them down as far as you like, provided you can still see some buds below.The lower you cut, the plant will probably not grow much bigger than it is now, but if you cut higher up it will soon grow out bigger.It surprising how...
    Hi,You can cut them down as far as you like, provided you can still see some buds below.The lower you cut, the plant will probably not grow much bigger than it is now, but if you cut higher...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ARMANDII

ANYONE BUYING NEW SEED FOR 2021?

A few posts ago I said I wouldn't buy anything this season because of all the leftovers I still have....Well I had a weak moment yesterday. Saw those seeds for 0.49 € at my local Lidl and just...
    A few posts ago I said I wouldn't buy anything this season because of all the leftovers I still have....Well I had a weak moment yesterday. Saw those seeds for 0.49 € at my local Lidl and just couldn't resist.
    A few posts ago I said I wouldn't buy anything this season because of all the leftovers I still have....Well I had a weak moment yesterday. Saw those seeds for 0.49 € at my local Lidl and just couldn't resist.
    A few posts ago I said I wouldn't buy anything this season because of all the leftovers I still have....Well I had a weak moment yesterday. Saw those seeds for 0.49 € at my local Lidl and just...
    upload_2021-1-1_10-16-39.png 84032011_0_640x640.jpg Screenshot_20210216-080422~2.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ARMANDII
    Like x 3

GARDENERS CORNER SEED SWAP 2021

I will sort out my seeds.I'm sorry after finding out how the seed swap is worked I realise that it is a bit more than I thought and at this moment in time it isn't just a case of popping the...
    I will sort out my seeds.I'm sorry after finding out how the seed swap is worked I realise that it is a bit more than I thought and at this moment in time it isn't just a case of popping the enveloped packaged seed in a post box. While I can agree lilianas way is safer it wouldn't work for...
    I will sort out my seeds.I'm sorry after finding out how the seed swap is worked I realise that it is a bit more than I thought and at this moment in time it isn't just a case of popping the enveloped packaged seed in a post box. While I can...
    I will sort out my seeds.I'm sorry after finding out how the seed swap is worked I realise that it is a bit more than I thought and at this moment in time it isn't just a case of popping the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ARMANDII
    Like x 6

GARDENING ASPIRATIONS FOR 2021

My aspirations are simple - to try and keep the garden tidy! No new projects apart from trying to get lawn back on the very large area that has died off because of us storing empty pots and trays...
    My aspirations are simple - to try and keep the garden tidy! No new projects apart from trying to get lawn back on the very large area that has died off because of us storing empty pots and trays that we keep ready for all the plants we usually grow for sale. No open garden again this year so...
    My aspirations are simple - to try and keep the garden tidy! No new projects apart from trying to get lawn back on the very large area that has died off because of us storing empty pots and trays that we keep ready for all the plants we usually...
    My aspirations are simple - to try and keep the garden tidy! No new projects apart from trying to get lawn back on the very large area that has died off because of us storing empty pots and trays...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. ARMANDII

SUPER SALVIAS - 2021

Most salvia are easy from seed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ARMANDII

THE IRIS FAMILY - 2021

Let's hope it's a good year.
    upload_2021-1-1_10-13-11.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ARMANDII

DAY LILIES - 2021

Another year of colour.
    Another year of colour.
    Another year of colour.
    Another year of colour.
    upload_2021-1-1_10-5-55.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ARMANDII
    Like x 5

RECOMMENDED GARDENING/HORTICULTURAL/BOTANICAL BOOKS AND PERSONAL STUDIES INTO THE SUBJECT

Now then. So we have opened up a bit about our books etc. Now then. I am approaching a kind of special time of the gardening year to me. I wonder if anyone cares to share their thoughts,...
    Now then. So we have opened up a bit about our books etc. Now then. I am approaching a kind of special time of the gardening year to me. I wonder if anyone cares to share their thoughts, experiences and memories. To help set the scene. For those who have perhaps lived through an era, and...
    Now then. So we have opened up a bit about our books etc. Now then. I am approaching a kind of special time of the gardening year to me. I wonder if anyone cares to share their thoughts, experiences and memories. To help set the scene. For...
    Now then. So we have opened up a bit about our books etc. Now then. I am approaching a kind of special time of the gardening year to me. I wonder if anyone cares to share their thoughts,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Redwing
    Like x 5

Good Online Nurseries and Plant Sellers

Thanks, will check them out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ARMANDII

HANGING BASKETS, WINDOW BOXES AND PLANTERS 2020

Over wintered in the greenhouse and the two Callibrchoa survived and are now flowering well.Cherry Ripple petunias, Dichondra Silver Falls from seedlings found in the greenhouse.
    Over wintered in the greenhouse and the two Callibrchoa survived and are now flowering well.Cherry Ripple petunias, Dichondra Silver Falls from seedlings found in the greenhouse.
    pot.JPG basket 1.JPG IMG_1540.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ARMANDII
    Like x 3

IRIS CHOICE - NEED A HAND FROM THE GANG

I do like the black one with a hint of blue - Black suited :blue thumb: they are all nice though .
    I do like the black one with a hint of blue - Black suited :blue thumb: they are all nice though .
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. HarryS
    Like x 18

Know Your Weeds

my friend seems to be having a problem with buttercup weeds in her lawn, how can she get rid of it ? Without damaging the lawn :spinning:
    my friend seems to be having a problem with buttercup weeds in her lawn, how can she get rid of it ? Without damaging the lawn :spinning:
    77E1E0A6-9BD8-440F-8F58-999D69CBB5A6.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. HarryS

Dahlia Tuber Planting ?

Brilliant thread. Having moved home last year I thought my Dahlia tubers had got lost but I stumbled across them the other day. I pulled a couple out of one large pot to see if they were ok and...
    Brilliant thread. Having moved home last year I thought my Dahlia tubers had got lost but I stumbled across them the other day. I pulled a couple out of one large pot to see if they were ok and they seemed fine (see below) One had new shoots growing. I'm not confident enough to separate them...
    Brilliant thread. Having moved home last year I thought my Dahlia tubers had got lost but I stumbled across them the other day. I pulled a couple out of one large pot to see if they were ok and they seemed fine (see below) One had new shoots...
    Brilliant thread. Having moved home last year I thought my Dahlia tubers had got lost but I stumbled across them the other day. I pulled a couple out of one large pot to see if they were ok and...
    20200425_154448.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kristen

Kristen's Project

It's coming on a treat Kristen despite the occasional hiccup. What amazes me with the bigger projects of yours is how this all comes together in your mind. Do you actually manage to sleep at night? :biggrin:
    It's coming on a treat Kristen despite the occasional hiccup. What amazes me with the bigger projects of yours is how this all comes together in your mind. Do you actually manage to sleep at night? :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Fat Controller

Sheds

I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor...
    I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor repairs and give it a coat of preservative soon. Although the roof has been replaced at some point the...
    I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor repairs and give it a coat of preservative soon....
    I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor...
    06_10_0.JPEG P1060523.JPG P1060078.JPG 044.JPG upload_2019-1-30_11-51-57.jpeg Jenx 310712.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. JWK
    Like x 9

Do you know your soil type?

Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure added over the years. Warm, sunny walled garden not far from the coast. Can grow wide range of...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure added over the years. Warm, sunny walled garden...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. PeterS
    Like x 9

Improving clay

Cool
    Cool
    Cool
    Cool
    Replies:
    Views:
  24.   » Normal Threads
  25. ashley1234

Hi there, anyone know what this is ,maybe cordyline ? it has started getting brown leaves ?

I would guess at Cordyline Australis Variegata Ashley.I agree with Pete. It's probably frost damage on the top leaves.
    I would guess at Cordyline Australis Variegata Ashley.I agree with Pete. It's probably frost damage on the top leaves.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Fat Controller

Not. One. Seed. Give up?

Is that where you grow your waccy baccy? :whistle: :loll:
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Dave_79

Hose Reel - Wall Mounted Vs Wheeled Cart

2 seasons ago I finally upgraded my entry level Hozelock hose with their Ultimate (Tricoflex) hose. The old one kinked badly and sprung a few leaks. The Ultimate is a huge improvement but I...
    2 seasons ago I finally upgraded my entry level Hozelock hose with their Ultimate (Tricoflex) hose. The old one kinked badly and sprung a few leaks. The Ultimate is a huge improvement but I haven't used it anywhere near as much as I'd like, due to what a nightmare it is to reel back onto my...
    2 seasons ago I finally upgraded my entry level Hozelock hose with their Ultimate (Tricoflex) hose. The old one kinked badly and sprung a few leaks. The Ultimate is a huge improvement but I haven't used it anywhere near as much as I'd like, due...
    2 seasons ago I finally upgraded my entry level Hozelock hose with their Ultimate (Tricoflex) hose. The old one kinked badly and sprung a few leaks. The Ultimate is a huge improvement but I...
    3BE639BF-BB9B-42B2-8B31-C710FFFA618A.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Kevin Cowans

My Garden Progress

Yes I agree, you have done the right thing Kevin. :) Sometimes things become a lost cause.
    Yes I agree, you have done the right thing Kevin. :) Sometimes things become a lost cause.
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Purple Streaks

Hedychium

Which one is it? I'd grow in a pot for the first year at least. Plant horizontally just below the surface. Put it somewhere warm.
    Which one is it? I'd grow in a pot for the first year at least. Plant horizontally just below the surface. Put it somewhere warm.
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Lee Hughes

Black ends

Ah ok thanks Pete will do.
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. tkup

Help with a dried up looking plant - can it be saved??

No it’s actually planted in the ground and from the look and size of the trunk has been around for many years ...
    No it’s actually planted in the ground and from the look and size of the trunk has been around for many years ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. Loofah

Hose / tap connectors

My hose reels are attached to the summerhouse which is about 15 years old. They've been on there for all that time and so have the connectors.The green reel is the 50m and runs off to the side...
    My hose reels are attached to the summerhouse which is about 15 years old. They've been on there for all that time and so have the connectors.The green reel is the 50m and runs off to the side and round the corner to the main lawn and the front garden (with another portable reel to attach to...
    My hose reels are attached to the summerhouse which is about 15 years old. They've been on there for all that time and so have the connectors.The green reel is the 50m and runs off to the side and round the corner to the main lawn and the...
    My hose reels are attached to the summerhouse which is about 15 years old. They've been on there for all that time and so have the connectors.The green reel is the 50m and runs off to the side...
    upload_2021-4-14_22-47-55.jpeg 20210415_153055.jpg 51IufWIc9oL._AC_SX425_.jpg P1510269.JPG P1510270.JPG P1510271.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. amanita

sad death of a judas tree

Are you prepared to go for C. Canadensis or siliquastrum which is, I believe, the true "Judas tree".
    Are you prepared to go for C. Canadensis or siliquastrum which is, I believe, the true "Judas tree".
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. Dorset Deb

Greenhouse louvre opener

Hi,Oops. sorry, mis-interpreted your question.This is very similar to the type we retrofitted to ours. Auto Louvre OpenerWould think you have enough room to attach it to the frame, just two...
    Hi,Oops. sorry, mis-interpreted your question.This is very similar to the type we retrofitted to ours. Auto Louvre OpenerWould think you have enough room to attach it to the frame, just two self tapping screws and then to disconnect the louvers handle and match up the tie bar to the opener.
    Hi,Oops. sorry, mis-interpreted your question.This is very similar to the type we retrofitted to ours. Auto Louvre OpenerWould think you have enough room to attach it to the frame, just two self tapping screws and then to disconnect the...
    Hi,Oops. sorry, mis-interpreted your question.This is very similar to the type we retrofitted to ours. Auto Louvre OpenerWould think you have enough room to attach it to the frame, just two...
    Replies:
    Views:
  35. Purple Streaks

Auricula

Some lovely colours @Palustris !
    Replies:
    Views:
  36. Glynne Williams

Strawberry root weevil

If it's only a small amount you could microwave it for a couple of minutes. That will kill off anything in the compost. Make it slightly damp before doing so.
    If it's only a small amount you could microwave it for a couple of minutes. That will kill off anything in the compost. Make it slightly damp before doing so.
    Replies:
    Views:
  37. chalkie

Plant identity

Thankyou. I am in Kent (Dover). I put half of the plants outside in a plastic greenhouse yesterday and kept half on the windowsill. It was quite a hard frost last night, thankfully they look like...
    Thankyou. I am in Kent (Dover). I put half of the plants outside in a plastic greenhouse yesterday and kept half on the windowsill. It was quite a hard frost last night, thankfully they look like they have survived.
    Thankyou. I am in Kent (Dover). I put half of the plants outside in a plastic greenhouse yesterday and kept half on the windowsill. It was quite a hard frost last night, thankfully they look like they have survived.
    Thankyou. I am in Kent (Dover). I put half of the plants outside in a plastic greenhouse yesterday and kept half on the windowsill. It was quite a hard frost last night, thankfully they look like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  38. Craig1987

Outdoor kitchens

Thanks Lori. :dbgrtmb: I think the sun oven is a great idea but it would have little use here.
    Thanks Lori. :dbgrtmb: I think the sun oven is a great idea but it would have little use here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  39. Jasmine star
    Like x 3

What to do with this rose.

Hmm that's odd @EmmaJane :th scifD36: let's hope you get flowers on both sides this year :blue thumb: I certainly will. Looking forward to seeing what I get.
    Hmm that's odd @EmmaJane :th scifD36: let's hope you get flowers on both sides this year :blue thumb: I certainly will. Looking forward to seeing what I get.
    Replies:
    Views:
  40. Ken Abbott

Feeding seedlings

Can also be made for free. Nettle feed is high in Nitrogen good for leaf growth and Comfrey feed high in potash/potassium good for fruiting growth. Rusty
    Can also be made for free. Nettle feed is high in Nitrogen good for leaf growth and Comfrey feed high in potash/potassium good for fruiting growth. Rusty
    Replies:
    Views:
  41. Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  42. HarryS

Plug Plant Flower Removal ?

Because you were engrossed watching the news all day ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  43. Vivien L

Have I killed my hydrangea?

I would keep the plant "as is" and observe what happens. You can possibly help diagnose by confirming whether you recently had overnight weather that was very near or below 0C.If it was hit by...
    I would keep the plant "as is" and observe what happens. You can possibly help diagnose by confirming whether you recently had overnight weather that was very near or below 0C.If it was hit by frost, the foliage tends to change colors and eventually turn brown or an almost dark green/black...
    I would keep the plant "as is" and observe what happens. You can possibly help diagnose by confirming whether you recently had overnight weather that was very near or below 0C.If it was hit by frost, the foliage tends to change colors and...
    I would keep the plant "as is" and observe what happens. You can possibly help diagnose by confirming whether you recently had overnight weather that was very near or below 0C.If it was hit by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  44. Spruce

Heliotrope seeds

I said they can be erratic!!:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice