Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Upsydaisy
    Like x 11

What’s looking good in August 2019

It's so nice to see other people growing Tricyrtis and that looks like a nice one :blue thumb:
    It's so nice to see other people growing Tricyrtis and that looks like a nice one :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fat Controller

What Jobs Are We Doing In The Garden Today 2019

Only watered and weeded the hillbilly side of the lawn. They never weed or sray for weeds... imagine the jungle.Already thinking about procrastinating on a few jobs but I know time is running...
    Only watered and weeded the hillbilly side of the lawn. They never weed or sray for weeds... imagine the jungle.Already thinking about procrastinating on a few jobs but I know time is running out.After Sept 4th I won't be able to do much gardening for a month. And Since the one tree that...
    Only watered and weeded the hillbilly side of the lawn. They never weed or sray for weeds... imagine the jungle.Already thinking about procrastinating on a few jobs but I know time is running out.After Sept 4th I won't be able to do much...
    Only watered and weeded the hillbilly side of the lawn. They never weed or sray for weeds... imagine the jungle.Already thinking about procrastinating on a few jobs but I know time is running...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Redwing
    Like x 4

Good Online Nurseries and Plant Sellers

My Gardening Express order hasn't moved from two weeks ago. Luckily I'm in no hurry for the plants.I've ordered lots of plants from Ebay sellers and I've never been let down with quality or...
    My Gardening Express order hasn't moved from two weeks ago. Luckily I'm in no hurry for the plants.I've ordered lots of plants from Ebay sellers and I've never been let down with quality or speed of delivery. My Elephant Ears Black Magic turned up in two days and is looking great.
    My Gardening Express order hasn't moved from two weeks ago. Luckily I'm in no hurry for the plants.I've ordered lots of plants from Ebay sellers and I've never been let down with quality or speed of delivery. My Elephant Ears Black Magic...
    My Gardening Express order hasn't moved from two weeks ago. Luckily I'm in no hurry for the plants.I've ordered lots of plants from Ebay sellers and I've never been let down with quality or...
    D404CC13-CEE2-4989-9F24-E4FE43B88B2A.jpeg upload_2019-8-23_10-8-49.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. shiney
    Like x 3

Show Us Your Recent Purchases 2019

Nice Alana. Jester is good one ..I have a few phormiums here too....Dazzler, Yellow Wave, Tricolour, Cream Delight, Sundowner, Bronze Baby, Alison Blackman......so clearly I like ‘em just a...
    Nice Alana. Jester is good one ..I have a few phormiums here too....Dazzler, Yellow Wave, Tricolour, Cream Delight, Sundowner, Bronze Baby, Alison Blackman......so clearly I like ‘em just a little bit :) The National Dahlia collection is down here, not far from me, and I usually go there at the...
    Nice Alana. Jester is good one ..I have a few phormiums here too....Dazzler, Yellow Wave, Tricolour, Cream Delight, Sundowner, Bronze Baby, Alison Blackman......so clearly I like ‘em just a little bit :) The National Dahlia collection is down...
    Nice Alana. Jester is good one ..I have a few phormiums here too....Dazzler, Yellow Wave, Tricolour, Cream Delight, Sundowner, Bronze Baby, Alison Blackman......so clearly I like ‘em just a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. NigelJ
    Like x 4

SUPER SALVIAS. 2019

Thanks. I've already ordered 4 types and will be replacing two of my least favourite roses at the front.
    Thanks. I've already ordered 4 types and will be replacing two of my least favourite roses at the front.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Marley Farley

FUCHSIAS 2019

I am not a Fuchsia grower but has anyone any ideas for @cindy in her post here fuschsia gone wrong
    I am not a Fuchsia grower but has anyone any ideas for @cindy in her post here fuschsia gone wrong
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Marley Farley

THE IRIDACEAE (IRIS) FAMILY 2019

Dietes bicolor............. Dietes bicolor by longk48, on Flickr
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

SWEET PEAS 2019

Very similar colour too the SPs I grow. These are Charlies Angels ( which I could not get this year) and Our Harry. Both very good performers with lovely colour.
    Very similar colour too the SPs I grow. These are Charlies Angels ( which I could not get this year) and Our Harry. Both very good performers with lovely colour.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Marley Farley

DAY LILY.. (HEMEROCALLIS) FAMILY 2019

Back in the early spring of 2018, while sorting out a rather neglected area in our new garden, I came across a clump of what I suspected were daylilies, buried under various other plants. So I...
    Back in the early spring of 2018, while sorting out a rather neglected area in our new garden, I came across a clump of what I suspected were daylilies, buried under various other plants. So I carefully lifted and potted them, grew them on and then planted them out in one of our newly created...
    Back in the early spring of 2018, while sorting out a rather neglected area in our new garden, I came across a clump of what I suspected were daylilies, buried under various other plants. So I carefully lifted and potted them, grew them on and...
    Back in the early spring of 2018, while sorting out a rather neglected area in our new garden, I came across a clump of what I suspected were daylilies, buried under various other plants. So I...
    DSCF1427.JPG Red Twister 2014.jpg octopus hugs 2014 002.JPG 002.JPG Planet Max 2014.jpg one hot mama 2015 001.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. lowrider69

SOWING SEEDS 2019?

@Joolz well when I read up on them it said they need long hours of light to germinate and to be at a temp they like which i think was around the 23c but my room was only around 19-20c. buy some...
    @Joolz well when I read up on them it said they need long hours of light to germinate and to be at a temp they like which i think was around the 23c but my room was only around 19-20c. buy some cheap plant LED lights for around a tenner off ebay and put them on a timer for around 12 hours a...
    @Joolz well when I read up on them it said they need long hours of light to germinate and to be at a temp they like which i think was around the 23c but my room was only around 19-20c. buy some cheap plant LED lights for around a tenner off ebay...
    @Joolz well when I read up on them it said they need long hours of light to germinate and to be at a temp they like which i think was around the 23c but my room was only around 19-20c. buy some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Marley Farley

HANGING BASKETS, WINDOW BOXES AND PLANTERS 2019.

Hope this is the right place for some hanging basket tips (if not, where is?). 2 years ago I had a nice cone basket made up before my very eyes by one of the staff at Dobbies. I watched & listened...
    Hope this is the right place for some hanging basket tips (if not, where is?). 2 years ago I had a nice cone basket made up before my very eyes by one of the staff at Dobbies. I watched & listened very carefully as he explained what he was doing, thinking that every Spring I can reuse the basket...
    Hope this is the right place for some hanging basket tips (if not, where is?). 2 years ago I had a nice cone basket made up before my very eyes by one of the staff at Dobbies. I watched & listened very carefully as he explained what he was doing,...
    Hope this is the right place for some hanging basket tips (if not, where is?). 2 years ago I had a nice cone basket made up before my very eyes by one of the staff at Dobbies. I watched & listened...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. HarryS

Dahlia Tuber Planting ?

3 of the same variety for me Woo. I like groups of one colour, type, etc. Should look good:)
    3 of the same variety for me Woo. I like groups of one colour, type, etc. Should look good:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Fat Controller

Sheds

I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor...
    I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor repairs and give it a coat of preservative soon. Although the roof has been replaced at some point the...
    I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor repairs and give it a coat of preservative soon....
    I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor...
    06_10_0.JPEG P1060523.JPG P1060078.JPG 044.JPG upload_2019-1-30_11-51-57.jpeg Jenx 310712.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Marley Farley

GARDENING ASPIRATIONS FOR 2019..

Ivy grows really well here too shiney, good job I love it :) @luciusmaximus, the entire border, length wise is damson and elderberries and at the bottom is a sycamore and hawthorn, as well as the...
    Ivy grows really well here too shiney, good job I love it :) @luciusmaximus, the entire border, length wise is damson and elderberries and at the bottom is a sycamore and hawthorn, as well as the biggest conifer I've ever seen in the neighbouring property. So it's really shaded already. I want it...
    Ivy grows really well here too shiney, good job I love it :) @luciusmaximus, the entire border, length wise is damson and elderberries and at the bottom is a sycamore and hawthorn, as well as the biggest conifer I've ever seen in the neighbouring...
    Ivy grows really well here too shiney, good job I love it :) @luciusmaximus, the entire border, length wise is damson and elderberries and at the bottom is a sycamore and hawthorn, as well as the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. HarryS
    Like x 18

Know Your Weeds

This is great thanks very much. Often wondered what the weeds in my garden were
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. JWK
    Like x 9

Do you know your soil type?

Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure added over the years. Warm, sunny walled garden not far from the coast. Can grow wide range of...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure added over the years. Warm, sunny walled garden...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. PeterS
    Like x 8

Improving clay

Cool
    Cool
    Cool
    Cool
    Replies:
    Views:
  19.   » Normal Threads
  20. ennnceee

Green Beefmaster tomatoes!

I'd leave them be for now ennnceeee,it wouldn't hurt if you had any bananna skins knocking about that you could hang near the trusses but it's still early days yet for ripening in some parts and...
    I'd leave them be for now ennnceeee,it wouldn't hurt if you had any bananna skins knocking about that you could hang near the trusses but it's still early days yet for ripening in some parts and if this weather does what it says it's going to do we're in for a hot spell so that should get them...
    I'd leave them be for now ennnceeee,it wouldn't hurt if you had any bananna skins knocking about that you could hang near the trusses but it's still early days yet for ripening in some parts and if this weather does what it says it's going to do...
    I'd leave them be for now ennnceeee,it wouldn't hurt if you had any bananna skins knocking about that you could hang near the trusses but it's still early days yet for ripening in some parts and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. enginestar

How to get rid of mushrooms

You're right, ES, the dead parts of the mushroom will not cause more mushrooms, it's only the spores that cause reproduction, so you need to break the reproduction cycle of the mushroom by using...
    You're right, ES, the dead parts of the mushroom will not cause more mushrooms, it's only the spores that cause reproduction, so you need to break the reproduction cycle of the mushroom by using the rake and breaking up the mushroom before it matures to the stage where it will start to produce...
    You're right, ES, the dead parts of the mushroom will not cause more mushrooms, it's only the spores that cause reproduction, so you need to break the reproduction cycle of the mushroom by using the rake and breaking up the mushroom before it...
    You're right, ES, the dead parts of the mushroom will not cause more mushrooms, it's only the spores that cause reproduction, so you need to break the reproduction cycle of the mushroom by using...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Snorky85

Conifer hedging

Ooh thanks @Perki
    Ooh thanks @Perki
    Ooh thanks @Perki
    Ooh thanks @Perki
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. HarryS

Begonias very very leafy ?

Interesting comments from Pete and makes sense to me :) ..I always stop feeding when tomatoes have formed and fruit is ripening well. As usual it is the result of experimenting. Also very little...
    Interesting comments from Pete and makes sense to me :) ..I always stop feeding when tomatoes have formed and fruit is ripening well. As usual it is the result of experimenting. Also very little watering this year....plants are in the gh soil, replaced every 2 or 3 years......but regular...
    Interesting comments from Pete and makes sense to me :) ..I always stop feeding when tomatoes have formed and fruit is ripening well. As usual it is the result of experimenting. Also very little watering this year....plants are in the gh soil,...
    Interesting comments from Pete and makes sense to me :) ..I always stop feeding when tomatoes have formed and fruit is ripening well. As usual it is the result of experimenting. Also very little...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Retired
    Like x 5

Wild flowers.

Ours do a big cut at the end of the season after the flowers have seeded and pick up all the p,ant degree and take away and it is working well.. 3rd year on the trial areas so they want to expand...
    Ours do a big cut at the end of the season after the flowers have seeded and pick up all the p,ant degree and take away and it is working well.. 3rd year on the trial areas so they want to expand it.. They say... Much cheaper to do one cut a year and clear all arisings..
    Ours do a big cut at the end of the season after the flowers have seeded and pick up all the p,ant degree and take away and it is working well.. 3rd year on the trial areas so they want to expand it.. They say... Much cheaper to do one cut a year...
    Ours do a big cut at the end of the season after the flowers have seeded and pick up all the p,ant degree and take away and it is working well.. 3rd year on the trial areas so they want to expand...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Nikolaos
    Like x 3

Which Is Your Favourite Garden?

My favourite gardens have not been mentioned as yet, so...In this country, my favourite is called Norrvikens Trädgårdar. They are situated near to the town of Båstad, which may be known to...
    My favourite gardens have not been mentioned as yet, so...In this country, my favourite is called Norrvikens Trädgårdar. They are situated near to the town of Båstad, which may be known to tennis enthusiasts on the forum. Not only because it is a beautiful place to visit, but also because the...
    My favourite gardens have not been mentioned as yet, so...In this country, my favourite is called Norrvikens Trädgårdar. They are situated near to the town of Båstad, which may be known to tennis enthusiasts on the forum. Not only because it is...
    My favourite gardens have not been mentioned as yet, so...In this country, my favourite is called Norrvikens Trädgårdar. They are situated near to the town of Båstad, which may be known to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. mazambo

fritillaria imperialis maxima bulbs?

Bulbs have just arrived special delivery by....the POLICE:loll:apparently they were flagged up by the post office as cannabis the police were called and my parcel searched checked as ok and then kindly...
    Bulbs have just arrived special delivery by....the POLICE:loll:apparently they were flagged up by the post office as cannabis the police were called and my parcel searched checked as ok and then kindly delivered by them:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Bulbs have just arrived special delivery by....the POLICE:loll:apparently they were flagged up by the post office as cannabis the police were called and my parcel searched checked as ok and then kindly delivered by them:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Bulbs have just arrived special delivery by....the POLICE:loll:apparently they were flagged up by the post office as cannabis the police were called and my parcel searched checked as ok and then kindly...
    DSC00146.JPG DSC00121.JPG 20190817_104411.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Malibu200786

Newbie here just dug into clay now it's water logged help

Welcome Malibu200786. :)Photo's of the area would be a great help please.
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Ashley S

Starting a Garden business

Your level of skill is certainly a major factor in whether you will be successful but it depends on what type of gardening you envision doing.Apart from the usual part about deciding whether...
    Your level of skill is certainly a major factor in whether you will be successful but it depends on what type of gardening you envision doing.Apart from the usual part about deciding whether you're going to start just as a sideline or try to go into it properly you will need to get your...
    Your level of skill is certainly a major factor in whether you will be successful but it depends on what type of gardening you envision doing.Apart from the usual part about deciding whether you're going to start just as a sideline or try to go...
    Your level of skill is certainly a major factor in whether you will be successful but it depends on what type of gardening you envision doing.Apart from the usual part about deciding whether...
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. FlyFifer

Old grass coming through pebbles

Thanks Verdun. I just ordered some glyphosate.
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Sam F

New plot, ground advice, please!

Could that be the buried remains of an old vehicular access/hardstanding, and the thin layer of 'soil' the rotted remains of weeds, windblown leaves/dust etc.? Which could mean the clay subsoil...
    Could that be the buried remains of an old vehicular access/hardstanding, and the thin layer of 'soil' the rotted remains of weeds, windblown leaves/dust etc.? Which could mean the clay subsoil underneath is compacted.If raising ground levels take care to ensure they remain at least 150mm...
    Could that be the buried remains of an old vehicular access/hardstanding, and the thin layer of 'soil' the rotted remains of weeds, windblown leaves/dust etc.? Which could mean the clay subsoil underneath is compacted.If raising ground levels...
    Could that be the buried remains of an old vehicular access/hardstanding, and the thin layer of 'soil' the rotted remains of weeds, windblown leaves/dust etc.? Which could mean the clay subsoil...
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Eric.

Anyone wear safety equipment whilst gardening?

I never used to wear protective clothing etc in the garden. My hands became like leather and hard. Since my brush with cancer I have become more aware asto taking care of myself.I have...
    I never used to wear protective clothing etc in the garden. My hands became like leather and hard. Since my brush with cancer I have become more aware asto taking care of myself.I have suffered with psoriosis for the past sixty years and since the cancer much of my skin id broken. So I use...
    I never used to wear protective clothing etc in the garden. My hands became like leather and hard. Since my brush with cancer I have become more aware asto taking care of myself.I have suffered with psoriosis for the past sixty years and...
    I never used to wear protective clothing etc in the garden. My hands became like leather and hard. Since my brush with cancer I have become more aware asto taking care of myself.I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. wiseowl

Buddleja

They're that tough, Woo, I wouldn't think you wouldn't have to knock some concrete up and planting in the hole.................just sit it on the concrete and it'll find a way of growing:hate-shocked::love30::dunno::heehee:
    They're that tough, Woo, I wouldn't think you wouldn't have to knock some concrete up and planting in the hole.................just sit it on the concrete and it'll find a way of growing:hate-shocked::love30::dunno::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. ricky101

Legionnaires' disease

Hi,We keep a bottle sprayer full of water in the greenhouse for spraying the plants, partic some orchids and deliberately let it warm up before use so we do not shock the plants with cold...
    Hi,We keep a bottle sprayer full of water in the greenhouse for spraying the plants, partic some orchids and deliberately let it warm up before use so we do not shock the plants with cold water.It can be a few days before we need to refill the bottle, but we are now wondering if we are...
    Hi,We keep a bottle sprayer full of water in the greenhouse for spraying the plants, partic some orchids and deliberately let it warm up before use so we do not shock the plants with cold water.It can be a few days before we need to refill...
    Hi,We keep a bottle sprayer full of water in the greenhouse for spraying the plants, partic some orchids and deliberately let it warm up before use so we do not shock the plants with cold...
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. Julysunshine

‘Weird’ Mexican Sunflowers

Thanks everyone.Definitely a Borage, there’s a flower this morning and definitely not a sunflower :))I was so looking forward to the sunflowers but oh well!x
    Thanks everyone.Definitely a Borage, there’s a flower this morning and definitely not a sunflower :))I was so looking forward to the sunflowers but oh well!x
    Replies:
    Views:
  35. Who am I?

Do you plant free seeds?

So do they :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  36. Sian in Belgium

What to grow on extreme sandy soil?

It's not a problem:dunno:. I'll probably start splitting the Iris in late September and then courier them to you, Sian.:):coffee:
    It's not a problem:dunno:. I'll probably start splitting the Iris in late September and then courier them to you, Sian.:):coffee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  37. hoofy

Where to get soil sample probe

No harm done and you enjoyed discovering what’s there, you can always try again at a later date just to double check. It’s just with lime if you apply it it’s on for a few years and it’s not...
    No harm done and you enjoyed discovering what’s there, you can always try again at a later date just to double check. It’s just with lime if you apply it it’s on for a few years and it’s not something you can rectify easily but a soil test is the only safe option when lime is required.
    No harm done and you enjoyed discovering what’s there, you can always try again at a later date just to double check. It’s just with lime if you apply it it’s on for a few years and it’s not something you can rectify easily but a soil test is...
    No harm done and you enjoyed discovering what’s there, you can always try again at a later date just to double check. It’s just with lime if you apply it it’s on for a few years and it’s not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  38. ARMANDII
    Like x 16

THE GARDEN OVER THE LAST TWO MONTHS

We also have a few Leycesteria and have never suffered with mildew. :blue thumb: We had some for sale on Open Day. :noidea:
    We also have a few Leycesteria and have never suffered with mildew. :blue thumb: We had some for sale on Open Day. :noidea:
    Replies:
    Views:
  39. kerrygirl

Clematis

To be honest I haven't been feeding it enough. Thank you for the wake up call.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice