New thread here.
    New thread here.
    New thread here.
    New thread here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ARMANDII

SOWING SEEDS - 2020

Sown Eucomis comosa, Lilium davidii, L pardalinum, Clematis napaulensis and Rehmannii piasezkii. These are now in propagator.
    Sown Eucomis comosa, Lilium davidii, L pardalinum, Clematis napaulensis and Rehmannii piasezkii. These are now in propagator.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ARMANDII

FUCHSIAS 2020

New Thread here.
    New Thread here.
    New Thread here.
    New Thread here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ARMANDII

THE IRIS FAMILY 2020

I'm hoping that my collection of Bearde Iris will flower even better this year than the last by keeping up a campaign of weekly feeding from the Spring.:hapydancsmil:
    I'm hoping that my collection of Bearde Iris will flower even better this year than the last by keeping up a campaign of weekly feeding from the Spring.:hapydancsmil:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ARMANDII

SUPER SALVIAS 2020

Salvia guaranitica
    Salvia guaranitica
    Salvia guaranitica
    Salvia guaranitica
    Salvia guaranitica.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ARMANDII

GARDENING ASPIRATIONS FOR 2020

Hello Everyone. I would like a garden with rooms. I want to grow lots of veg but if anyone visits all they can see are different heights of flowers. A windy path maybe. Some trellis. Pergola....
    Hello Everyone. I would like a garden with rooms. I want to grow lots of veg but if anyone visits all they can see are different heights of flowers. A windy path maybe. Some trellis. Pergola. Raised beds hiding behind taller plants. Seating area would be nice. It all looks very nice in my head...
    Hello Everyone. I would like a garden with rooms. I want to grow lots of veg but if anyone visits all they can see are different heights of flowers. A windy path maybe. Some trellis. Pergola. Raised beds hiding behind taller plants. Seating area...
    Hello Everyone. I would like a garden with rooms. I want to grow lots of veg but if anyone visits all they can see are different heights of flowers. A windy path maybe. Some trellis. Pergola....
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ARMANDII

SHOW US YOUR PURCHASES 2020

New shed already image a little fuzzy its torrential rain had to take it quickly;):heehee:
    New shed already image a little fuzzy its torrential rain had to take it quickly;):heehee:
    upload_2020-1-21_21-59-39.png P1310991.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. NigelJ
    Like x 10

What Jobs Are We Doing In The Garden Today 2020

Thanks for your comment. Yes I have tried most of what's on offer. We had a cat once. It was daughter No. 1's left to us. Val, my late wife caught it crossing the road into the park. Amber,...
    Thanks for your comment. Yes I have tried most of what's on offer. We had a cat once. It was daughter No. 1's left to us. Val, my late wife caught it crossing the road into the park. Amber, the cat got a good ticking off. Strange but true. Amber never went beyond our garden after...
    Thanks for your comment. Yes I have tried most of what's on offer. We had a cat once. It was daughter No. 1's left to us. Val, my late wife caught it crossing the road into the park. Amber, the cat got a good ticking off. Strange but true. ...
    Thanks for your comment. Yes I have tried most of what's on offer. We had a cat once. It was daughter No. 1's left to us. Val, my late wife caught it crossing the road into the park. Amber,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. NigelJ

Super Salvias 2020

Sad news for Salvia fans. Robin (Nibor) of Robin's Salvias passed away on Jan 2nd.
    Sad news for Salvia fans. Robin (Nibor) of Robin's Salvias passed away on Jan 2nd.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. NigelJ
    Like x 12

What's Looking Good in January 2020

Which SW France most definitely isn't! :biggrin: But that plant is 3 years old now, and fairly sheltered. Even so.....flowers in January??:scratch:
    Which SW France most definitely isn't! :biggrin: But that plant is 3 years old now, and fairly sheltered. Even so.....flowers in January??:scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. andrews
    Like x 6

Anyone Buying Seed For 2020 ?

Thank you. I bought some from the garden centre yesterday in the end. Popped in there to get my seed potatoes, and to find my daughter (3) some gardening gloves that actually fit her! lolI think...
    Thank you. I bought some from the garden centre yesterday in the end. Popped in there to get my seed potatoes, and to find my daughter (3) some gardening gloves that actually fit her! lolI think it is British Basil that I selected in the end also Selleri! :D Quite happy to have it growing like...
    Thank you. I bought some from the garden centre yesterday in the end. Popped in there to get my seed potatoes, and to find my daughter (3) some gardening gloves that actually fit her! lolI think it is British Basil that I selected in the end...
    Thank you. I bought some from the garden centre yesterday in the end. Popped in there to get my seed potatoes, and to find my daughter (3) some gardening gloves that actually fit her! lolI think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Redwing
    Like x 4

Good Online Nurseries and Plant Sellers

My Gardening Express order hasn't moved from two weeks ago. Luckily I'm in no hurry for the plants.I've ordered lots of plants from Ebay sellers and I've never been let down with quality or...
    My Gardening Express order hasn't moved from two weeks ago. Luckily I'm in no hurry for the plants.I've ordered lots of plants from Ebay sellers and I've never been let down with quality or speed of delivery. My Elephant Ears Black Magic turned up in two days and is looking great.
    My Gardening Express order hasn't moved from two weeks ago. Luckily I'm in no hurry for the plants.I've ordered lots of plants from Ebay sellers and I've never been let down with quality or speed of delivery. My Elephant Ears Black Magic...
    My Gardening Express order hasn't moved from two weeks ago. Luckily I'm in no hurry for the plants.I've ordered lots of plants from Ebay sellers and I've never been let down with quality or...
    D404CC13-CEE2-4989-9F24-E4FE43B88B2A.jpeg upload_2019-8-23_10-8-49.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller

Sheds

I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor...
    I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor repairs and give it a coat of preservative soon. Although the roof has been replaced at some point the...
    I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor repairs and give it a coat of preservative soon....
    I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor...
    06_10_0.JPEG P1060523.JPG P1060078.JPG 044.JPG upload_2019-1-30_11-51-57.jpeg Jenx 310712.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. HarryS

Dahlia Tuber Planting ?

3 of the same variety for me Woo. I like groups of one colour, type, etc. Should look good:)
    3 of the same variety for me Woo. I like groups of one colour, type, etc. Should look good:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JWK
    Like x 9

Do you know your soil type?

Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure added over the years. Warm, sunny walled garden not far from the coast. Can grow wide range of...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure added over the years. Warm, sunny walled garden...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. HarryS
    Like x 18

Know Your Weeds

This is great thanks very much. Often wondered what the weeds in my garden were
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. PeterS
    Like x 8

Improving clay

Cool
    Cool
    Cool
    Cool
    Replies:
    Views:
  21.   » Normal Threads
  22. RoyP

Weeds!!!

Thanks both for your replies, very useful, much appreciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Pushkin

Difference between Non-Stop and Double Begonias?

I'm not sure, I think they all have female flowers, but the profusion of flowers in a bedding display means you dont actually notice unless you look very closelyAs I say, I think "nonstop"is...
    I'm not sure, I think they all have female flowers, but the profusion of flowers in a bedding display means you dont actually notice unless you look very closelyAs I say, I think "nonstop"is just a breeders name for that strain.Found this but you have probably already found it, the word...
    I'm not sure, I think they all have female flowers, but the profusion of flowers in a bedding display means you dont actually notice unless you look very closelyAs I say, I think "nonstop"is just a breeders name for that strain.Found this but...
    I'm not sure, I think they all have female flowers, but the profusion of flowers in a bedding display means you dont actually notice unless you look very closelyAs I say, I think "nonstop"is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. clanless

Are Homebase bonkers?

Unless you're getting a bit like some of us :old:
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. kriss

When to cut back?

I cut all ours back in November :yikes:....probably not right but they've never complained and always return!!:bigthumb:
    I cut all ours back in November :yikes:....probably not right but they've never complained and always return!!:bigthumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. wiseowl

Penstemons

I'd leave them until Spring. It protects any delicate growth and still looks good through the winter.Some of ours still have flowers on them :scratch: but we shall cut the top growth off as they're...
    I'd leave them until Spring. It protects any delicate growth and still looks good through the winter.Some of ours still have flowers on them :scratch: but we shall cut the top growth off as they're beginning to flop all over the place. We'll cut them back late March to early April - if we get around...
    I'd leave them until Spring. It protects any delicate growth and still looks good through the winter.Some of ours still have flowers on them :scratch: but we shall cut the top growth off as they're beginning to flop all over the place. We'll cut them...
    I'd leave them until Spring. It protects any delicate growth and still looks good through the winter.Some of ours still have flowers on them :scratch: but we shall cut the top growth off as they're...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. nightofjoy

Scatter seeds for shaded area

I have to endorse the other comments about cats knowing what's good for them - or not. We have a large garden with thousands of plants, of which most are listed as possibly toxic. The garden...
    I have to endorse the other comments about cats knowing what's good for them - or not. We have a large garden with thousands of plants, of which most are listed as possibly toxic. The garden always has cats visiting with no deleterious effect. We also don't seem to come across any cat poo :scratch:...
    I have to endorse the other comments about cats knowing what's good for them - or not. We have a large garden with thousands of plants, of which most are listed as possibly toxic. The garden always has cats visiting with no deleterious effect....
    I have to endorse the other comments about cats knowing what's good for them - or not. We have a large garden with thousands of plants, of which most are listed as possibly toxic. The garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. TheMadHedger

Cyclamen - why are the pink flowers turning white?

Thanks, very nice photos, yours look a lot better than mine. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Sheal

Rhododendron.....

I'm looking for an orange Rhododendron or Azalea, can you recommend a variety please?
    I'm looking for an orange Rhododendron or Azalea, can you recommend a variety please?
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Spruce

pieris forest flame (but which one)

thank you
    thank you
    thank you
    thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Jack Sparrow

Transplanting cyclamen

Cyclamen. Sowbread.Primulaceae.Believed to be around 19 species. Root type. Tuberous. From seed sown as soon as ripe and in the dark. 14-18 months, and your new plants should be flowering. ...
    Cyclamen. Sowbread.Primulaceae.Believed to be around 19 species. Root type. Tuberous. From seed sown as soon as ripe and in the dark. 14-18 months, and your new plants should be flowering. Smaller species best for rock gardens etc. Hardiness, fully hardy to frost tender. ...
    Cyclamen. Sowbread.Primulaceae.Believed to be around 19 species. Root type. Tuberous. From seed sown as soon as ripe and in the dark. 14-18 months, and your new plants should be flowering. Smaller species best for rock gardens etc. ...
    Cyclamen. Sowbread.Primulaceae.Believed to be around 19 species. Root type. Tuberous. From seed sown as soon as ripe and in the dark. 14-18 months, and your new plants should be flowering. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. Karen Borden

Pittosporum Help!

Only in time will it grow back or should grow back, they isn't much you can do but wait.
    Only in time will it grow back or should grow back, they isn't much you can do but wait.
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. Vince

Cardoon

Our front garden cardoon gave us an amazing show in the summer but threw up a welcome surprise...... a new shoot (stalk) developed and it's now (December) trying to flower despite all the frost...
    Our front garden cardoon gave us an amazing show in the summer but threw up a welcome surprise...... a new shoot (stalk) developed and it's now (December) trying to flower despite all the frost we've had, not a southern softy?
    Our front garden cardoon gave us an amazing show in the summer but threw up a welcome surprise...... a new shoot (stalk) developed and it's now (December) trying to flower despite all the frost we've had, not a southern softy?
    Our front garden cardoon gave us an amazing show in the summer but threw up a welcome surprise...... a new shoot (stalk) developed and it's now (December) trying to flower despite all the frost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. andrews
    Like x 8

Our Garden in Print

HmmmFor reasonably quick impact you're struggling.Echiveria take a year before they are anywhere near mature. Yuccas and agaves are at least two years before they are a reasonable size.If...
    HmmmFor reasonably quick impact you're struggling.Echiveria take a year before they are anywhere near mature. Yuccas and agaves are at least two years before they are a reasonable size.If you go to the tropical side, bananas (ensete and musa) will grow reasonably large in the first year...
    HmmmFor reasonably quick impact you're struggling.Echiveria take a year before they are anywhere near mature. Yuccas and agaves are at least two years before they are a reasonable size.If you go to the tropical side, bananas (ensete and...
    HmmmFor reasonably quick impact you're struggling.Echiveria take a year before they are anywhere near mature. Yuccas and agaves are at least two years before they are a reasonable size.If...
    Replies:
    Views:
  35. Pilsburypie

Drive/front garden planting

We only do a bit of weeding and some cutting back. Otherwise they look after themselves. :blue thumb:Everything here has to look after itself as we have so much to do. :phew: The picture above is about a third...
    We only do a bit of weeding and some cutting back. Otherwise they look after themselves. :blue thumb:Everything here has to look after itself as we have so much to do. :phew: The picture above is about a third of our front garden and that is small compared to the back garden. It gets harder every year :old:...
    We only do a bit of weeding and some cutting back. Otherwise they look after themselves. :blue thumb:Everything here has to look after itself as we have so much to do. :phew: The picture above is about a third of our front garden and that is small compared to...
    We only do a bit of weeding and some cutting back. Otherwise they look after themselves. :blue thumb:Everything here has to look after itself as we have so much to do. :phew: The picture above is about a third...
    Replies:
    Views:
  36. nightofjoy

Disguising an unsightly composter

I'd go for willow whips,cheap as chips .:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  37. TheMadHedger

Fencing wire and birds

Thanks for the replies, that's very reassuring. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  38. Palustris

What to grow?

I planted out a lot of the seedling Auriculas when we first arrived, just so as I did not have to spend hours watering them. I have found a fair few of them completely rootless and no longer...
    I planted out a lot of the seedling Auriculas when we first arrived, just so as I did not have to spend hours watering them. I have found a fair few of them completely rootless and no longer connected to the ground. First time I have ever had this happen with plants in the garden. Really...
    I planted out a lot of the seedling Auriculas when we first arrived, just so as I did not have to spend hours watering them. I have found a fair few of them completely rootless and no longer connected to the ground. First time I have ever had...
    I planted out a lot of the seedling Auriculas when we first arrived, just so as I did not have to spend hours watering them. I have found a fair few of them completely rootless and no longer...
    Replies:
    Views:
  39. CarolineL
    Like x 13

WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN DECEMBER 19

Thanks @pete - but I am a plant killer, so perhaps I had better wait until I have got my new garden into a better state to give it some TLC before I beg a cutting from you. :)
    Thanks @pete - but I am a plant killer, so perhaps I had better wait until I have got my new garden into a better state to give it some TLC before I beg a cutting from you. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  40. Retired
    Like x 3

Clearing wet leaves.

Are those dimensions correct? The description says the blade is 42cm x 31cm. Seems like a convenient size for lifting a shovel full withiut breaking your back :)
    Are those dimensions correct? The description says the blade is 42cm x 31cm. Seems like a convenient size for lifting a shovel full withiut breaking your back :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  41. SimonZ

General Astrancia advice?

Hi Simon, in case of Astrantia I would just deadhead them and not cut them down to the ground. They're one of my favourite plants being so reliable, I just wish they were in more colours!!
    Hi Simon, in case of Astrantia I would just deadhead them and not cut them down to the ground. They're one of my favourite plants being so reliable, I just wish they were in more colours!!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice