1. Forum News
    A NEW PHOTO COMP WILL BE STARTING THIS MONTH more information in Photo Competitions Photo Competitions Are Changing!
    Please Support The Road Verge Campaign!
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Fat Controller
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. shiney
    Like x 3

Show Us Your Recent Purchases 2019

Four bags of sh*te - sorry not worth a picture:rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Fat Controller

Sheds

I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor...
    I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor repairs and give it a coat of preservative soon. Although the roof has been replaced at some point the...
    I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor repairs and give it a coat of preservative soon....
    I thought you might like to see this @Fat Controller. :)I was talking to my neighbour yesterday who's shed below is right on my boundary as he used to own my plot. He wants to do some minor...
    06_10_0.JPEG P1060523.JPG P1060078.JPG 044.JPG upload_2019-1-30_11-51-57.jpeg Jenx 310712.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. lowrider69

SOWING SEEDS 2019?

Thanks mike that's very kind of you but i tend to stick with F1 plants these days they done me proud up to now
    Thanks mike that's very kind of you but i tend to stick with F1 plants these days they done me proud up to now
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. JWK
    Like x 9

Do you know your soil type?

Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure added over the years. Warm, sunny walled garden not far from the coast. Can grow wide range of...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure added over the years. Warm, sunny walled garden...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. wiseowl
    Like x 7

Whats Looking Good In September

[COLOR=#006600][I]My Belladona blooms every year in the Spring. They are in clay soil in a shady rockery with the tops peeking out. Love the colour of your
    [COLOR=#006600][I]My Belladona blooms every year in the Spring. They are in clay soil in a shady rockery with the tops peeking out. Love the colour of your
    P1310916.JPG P1310917.JPG 26612137-1D28-4F13-924C-A409FD0F72BE.jpeg C9664708-1113-4475-BBA7-7DBD126B96D9.jpeg 003.jpg 018.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. NigelJ
    Like x 5

SUPER SALVIAS. 2019

Salvia stolonifera
    Salvia stolonifera
    Salvia stolonifera
    Salvia stolonifera
    Salvia corrugata.JPG Salvia guaranitica Black and Blue.JPG Salvia curviflora.JPG Salvia Amisted.JPG P1080233.jpg P1080234.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. PeterS
    Like x 8

Improving clay

Cool
    Cool
    Cool
    Cool
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. HarryS
    Like x 18

Know Your Weeds

This is great thanks very much. Often wondered what the weeds in my garden were
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Marley Farley

THE IRIDACEAE (IRIS) FAMILY 2019

Dietes bicolor............. Dietes bicolor by longk48, on Flickr
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

SWEET PEAS 2019

Very similar colour too the SPs I grow. These are Charlies Angels ( which I could not get this year) and Our Harry. Both very good performers with lovely colour.
    Very similar colour too the SPs I grow. These are Charlies Angels ( which I could not get this year) and Our Harry. Both very good performers with lovely colour.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. HarryS

Dahlia Tuber Planting ?

3 of the same variety for me Woo. I like groups of one colour, type, etc. Should look good:)
    3 of the same variety for me Woo. I like groups of one colour, type, etc. Should look good:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Redwing
    Like x 4

Good Online Nurseries and Plant Sellers

My Gardening Express order hasn't moved from two weeks ago. Luckily I'm in no hurry for the plants.I've ordered lots of plants from Ebay sellers and I've never been let down with quality or...
    My Gardening Express order hasn't moved from two weeks ago. Luckily I'm in no hurry for the plants.I've ordered lots of plants from Ebay sellers and I've never been let down with quality or speed of delivery. My Elephant Ears Black Magic turned up in two days and is looking great.
    My Gardening Express order hasn't moved from two weeks ago. Luckily I'm in no hurry for the plants.I've ordered lots of plants from Ebay sellers and I've never been let down with quality or speed of delivery. My Elephant Ears Black Magic...
    My Gardening Express order hasn't moved from two weeks ago. Luckily I'm in no hurry for the plants.I've ordered lots of plants from Ebay sellers and I've never been let down with quality or...
    D404CC13-CEE2-4989-9F24-E4FE43B88B2A.jpeg upload_2019-8-23_10-8-49.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Marley Farley

FUCHSIAS 2019

I am not a Fuchsia grower but has anyone any ideas for @cindy in her post here fuschsia gone wrong
    I am not a Fuchsia grower but has anyone any ideas for @cindy in her post here fuschsia gone wrong
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Marley Farley

GARDENING ASPIRATIONS FOR 2019..

Ivy grows really well here too shiney, good job I love it :) @luciusmaximus, the entire border, length wise is damson and elderberries and at the bottom is a sycamore and hawthorn, as well as the...
    Ivy grows really well here too shiney, good job I love it :) @luciusmaximus, the entire border, length wise is damson and elderberries and at the bottom is a sycamore and hawthorn, as well as the biggest conifer I've ever seen in the neighbouring property. So it's really shaded already. I want it...
    Ivy grows really well here too shiney, good job I love it :) @luciusmaximus, the entire border, length wise is damson and elderberries and at the bottom is a sycamore and hawthorn, as well as the biggest conifer I've ever seen in the neighbouring...
    Ivy grows really well here too shiney, good job I love it :) @luciusmaximus, the entire border, length wise is damson and elderberries and at the bottom is a sycamore and hawthorn, as well as the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Marley Farley

HANGING BASKETS, WINDOW BOXES AND PLANTERS 2019.

Hope this is the right place for some hanging basket tips (if not, where is?). 2 years ago I had a nice cone basket made up before my very eyes by one of the staff at Dobbies. I watched & listened...
    Hope this is the right place for some hanging basket tips (if not, where is?). 2 years ago I had a nice cone basket made up before my very eyes by one of the staff at Dobbies. I watched & listened very carefully as he explained what he was doing, thinking that every Spring I can reuse the basket...
    Hope this is the right place for some hanging basket tips (if not, where is?). 2 years ago I had a nice cone basket made up before my very eyes by one of the staff at Dobbies. I watched & listened very carefully as he explained what he was doing,...
    Hope this is the right place for some hanging basket tips (if not, where is?). 2 years ago I had a nice cone basket made up before my very eyes by one of the staff at Dobbies. I watched & listened...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Marley Farley

DAY LILY.. (HEMEROCALLIS) FAMILY 2019

Back in the early spring of 2018, while sorting out a rather neglected area in our new garden, I came across a clump of what I suspected were daylilies, buried under various other plants. So I...
    Back in the early spring of 2018, while sorting out a rather neglected area in our new garden, I came across a clump of what I suspected were daylilies, buried under various other plants. So I carefully lifted and potted them, grew them on and then planted them out in one of our newly created...
    Back in the early spring of 2018, while sorting out a rather neglected area in our new garden, I came across a clump of what I suspected were daylilies, buried under various other plants. So I carefully lifted and potted them, grew them on and...
    Back in the early spring of 2018, while sorting out a rather neglected area in our new garden, I came across a clump of what I suspected were daylilies, buried under various other plants. So I...
    DSCF1427.JPG Red Twister 2014.jpg octopus hugs 2014 002.JPG 002.JPG Planet Max 2014.jpg one hot mama 2015 001.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  19.   » Normal Threads
  20. Sarraceniac

What's your weather like?

It's just come to our attention (thank you RM1986!) that some of our problems may have been attributable, in part at least, to active threads with over 1,000 posts. Therefore, this thread is being...
    It's just come to our attention (thank you RM1986!) that some of our problems may have been attributable, in part at least, to active threads with over 1,000 posts. Therefore, this thread is being closed and started in a new thread. Otherwise known as 'splitting'.How it will work is this:...
    It's just come to our attention (thank you RM1986!) that some of our problems may have been attributable, in part at least, to active threads with over 1,000 posts. Therefore, this thread is being closed and started in a new thread. Otherwise...
    It's just come to our attention (thank you RM1986!) that some of our problems may have been attributable, in part at least, to active threads with over 1,000 posts. Therefore, this thread is being...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. ARMANDII

WHAT JOBS ARE WE DOING IN THE GARDEN TODAY 2018

NEW THREAD HEREWHAT JOBS ARE WE DOING IN THE GARDEN TODAY 2019
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Phil A

What jobs are we doing in the Garden today 2015

Time to say goodbye to 2015 - new thread HERE
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. ARMANDII
    Like x 5

WHAT JOBS ARE WE DOING IN THE GARDEN TODAY - 2017

Just a test post:snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Marley Farley

What Jobs Are We Doing in the Garden Today... MK3.. 2013

Lovely spring-like day today, sunny 8c. Dug over my veg beds as they'd got a bit compacted and did some weeding and hoeing here and there. Nothing much really but was good to be in the garden...
    Lovely spring-like day today, sunny 8c. Dug over my veg beds as they'd got a bit compacted and did some weeding and hoeing here and there. Nothing much really but was good to be in the garden for a few hours. Leeks and onions looking good and chard still producing. Need to get some manure and...
    Lovely spring-like day today, sunny 8c. Dug over my veg beds as they'd got a bit compacted and did some weeding and hoeing here and there. Nothing much really but was good to be in the garden for a few hours. Leeks and onions looking good and...
    Lovely spring-like day today, sunny 8c. Dug over my veg beds as they'd got a bit compacted and did some weeding and hoeing here and there. Nothing much really but was good to be in the garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Marley Farley

What Jobs are we doing in the Garden today 2014..

@Zigs @Marley FarleyHi BothPlease can we have a new threadthank youSpruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Fat Controller

What jobs are we doing in the garden today 2016

It was a big gardening day yesterday although it doesn't sound like a lot of work. It was 'c Clear the ShineyFrames for the winter', day :phew:. So I started off with picking the last of the beans -...
    It was a big gardening day yesterday although it doesn't sound like a lot of work. It was 'c Clear the ShineyFrames for the winter', day :phew:. So I started off with picking the last of the beans - 3lb :blue thumb:.Taking apart the frames doesn't include the main posts and wires but needs to have things...
    It was a big gardening day yesterday although it doesn't sound like a lot of work. It was 'c Clear the ShineyFrames for the winter', day :phew:. So I started off with picking the last of the beans - 3lb :blue thumb:.Taking apart the frames doesn't include the...
    It was a big gardening day yesterday although it doesn't sound like a lot of work. It was 'c Clear the ShineyFrames for the winter', day :phew:. So I started off with picking the last of the beans -...
    20160108_080943.jpg IMG_3729.JPG IMG_3730.JPG Sambucus 'Black Lace'.JPG 20160216_142812.jpg 20160216_142825.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Mr Grinch
    Like x 7

Mr Grinch's Garden

Looking grand Mr Grinch :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. PeterS
    Like x 14

Show us your recent purchases.

Closed.. New Thread here
    Closed.. New Thread here
    Closed.. New Thread here
    Closed.. New Thread here
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Lolimac

What jobs are we doing today in the garden ?

This thread is now closed please continue here,,
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Marley Farley

What Jobs Are We Doing in the Garden Today... MK2..

New thread started here folks.. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Phil A

Show us your recent purchases 2015

I might agree with you if I understood what multi functioning was. :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    I might agree with you if I understood what multi functioning was. :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. ARMANDII
    Like x 3

SHOW US YOUR RECENT PURCHASES 2018

I got an alert on my emails to send it to this forum :rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. alp
    Like x 7

Gardening diaries - friendly discussions on topics from latest bloom to wildlife.

Thread closed as it is getting a bit long.New thread - Gardening diaries - friendly discussions (part 2)
    Thread closed as it is getting a bit long.New thread - Gardening diaries - friendly discussions (part 2)
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. Spruce
    Like x 4

Daylily "Hemerocallis 2013 S W S

Bumping the [email protected] a look at this thread from last year. Lots of great ideas and lots to choose fromSpruce
    Bumping the [email protected] a look at this thread from last year. Lots of great ideas and lots to choose fromSpruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  35. Waco

Brugmansia 2

We have since corresponded Caj xx As our mentor is not really with us any more, perhaps someone else .... Marley? Strongy? can help here. As to my situation two plus months ago, I threw away...
    We have since corresponded Caj xx As our mentor is not really with us any more, perhaps someone else .... Marley? Strongy? can help here. As to my situation two plus months ago, I threw away two of the stems and potted up the main one. It now has a nice 'crop' of hair ... sorry leaves ......
    We have since corresponded Caj xx As our mentor is not really with us any more, perhaps someone else .... Marley? Strongy? can help here. As to my situation two plus months ago, I threw away two of the stems and potted up the main one. It...
    We have since corresponded Caj xx As our mentor is not really with us any more, perhaps someone else .... Marley? Strongy? can help here. As to my situation two plus months ago, I threw away...
    Replies:
    Views:
  36. Spruce
    Like x 14

What's Looking Good In June 2013

I bought one Pennisetum burgundy giant a couple of years ago from a garden centre. It had burgundy red leaves and long rosy / maroon plumes. A most handsome plant indeed. I knew it was tender, but...
    I bought one Pennisetum burgundy giant a couple of years ago from a garden centre. It had burgundy red leaves and long rosy / maroon plumes. A most handsome plant indeed. I knew it was tender, but still by October it died :cry3:. I think some of them probably need tropical conditions :scratch: . Unfortunately...
    I bought one Pennisetum burgundy giant a couple of years ago from a garden centre. It had burgundy red leaves and long rosy / maroon plumes. A most handsome plant indeed. I knew it was tender, but still by October it died :cry3:. I think some of them...
    I bought one Pennisetum burgundy giant a couple of years ago from a garden centre. It had burgundy red leaves and long rosy / maroon plumes. A most handsome plant indeed. I knew it was tender, but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  37. Scotkat

Fuchsias

Closed.. New thread HERE
    Closed.. New thread HERE
    Closed.. New thread HERE
    Closed.. New thread HERE
    Replies:
    Views:
  38. Phil A
    Like x 12

WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN JUNE 2018

Glad you like it, Loki.:love30: Walking around it gives me a lot of content and puts a smile on my face.:snorky:
    Glad you like it, Loki.:love30: Walking around it gives me a lot of content and puts a smile on my face.:snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  39. wiseowl

WHAT JOBS ARE WE DOING IN THE GARDEN TODAY - 2017

A lot of my neighbours rarely bother with compost heaps :noidea: and take their green waste down to the dump - a 14 mile round trip! Not very environmentally friendly. :nonofinger:We have four compost heap like...
    A lot of my neighbours rarely bother with compost heaps :noidea: and take their green waste down to the dump - a 14 mile round trip! Not very environmentally friendly. :nonofinger:We have four compost heap like thisHave a bonfire like this about once a month - the ash gets put into the compost and spread...
    A lot of my neighbours rarely bother with compost heaps :noidea: and take their green waste down to the dump - a 14 mile round trip! Not very environmentally friendly. :nonofinger:We have four compost heap like thisHave a bonfire like this about once a...
    A lot of my neighbours rarely bother with compost heaps :noidea: and take their green waste down to the dump - a 14 mile round trip! Not very environmentally friendly. :nonofinger:We have four compost heap like...
    03.jpg our-rebirth1.png IMAG2399.jpg IMAG2400.jpg IMAG2402.jpg -bee-signs-ideas-save-the-bees-posters.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice