Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. NigelJ
    Like x 11

What's Looking Good In March 2019

Looking superb there JWK :) Must get my camera out :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fat Controller

What Jobs Are We Doing In The Garden Today 2019

I know - I don't want them to get the satisfaction of annoying me and I wish I wasn't bothered but it's still upsetting. I think the best plan of action is to ignore them. I have spoken to the...
    I know - I don't want them to get the satisfaction of annoying me and I wish I wasn't bothered but it's still upsetting. I think the best plan of action is to ignore them. I have spoken to the local PCSO lady about the other threats we've had over email already so at least they know what is...
    I know - I don't want them to get the satisfaction of annoying me and I wish I wasn't bothered but it's still upsetting. I think the best plan of action is to ignore them. I have spoken to the local PCSO lady about the other threats we've had...
    I know - I don't want them to get the satisfaction of annoying me and I wish I wasn't bothered but it's still upsetting. I think the best plan of action is to ignore them. I have spoken to the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley

THE IRIDACEAE (IRIS) FAMILY 2019

Hi @NigelJ , that is absolutely gorgeous.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

SWEET PEAS 2019

I sown my seeds three weeks ago now look at them
    2D83905E-CB17-4E14-B881-5C33B0C21C14.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. NigelJ

SUPER SALVIAS. 2019

Salvia Amethyst. 3 plants on order for May
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. lowrider69

SOWING SEEDS 2019?

Found my Petunia seeds, will sow them tomorrow.:yes::hapydancsmil: During my hunt I also found some Dahlia seeds from one of my Mum's plants, she has been gone 13 yrs now so it's well established and still going...
    Found my Petunia seeds, will sow them tomorrow.:yes::hapydancsmil: During my hunt I also found some Dahlia seeds from one of my Mum's plants, she has been gone 13 yrs now so it's well established and still going strong. I harvested these seeds a couple of years ago, probably not viable now and if they are then...
    Found my Petunia seeds, will sow them tomorrow.:yes::hapydancsmil: During my hunt I also found some Dahlia seeds from one of my Mum's plants, she has been gone 13 yrs now so it's well established and still going strong. I harvested these seeds a couple of years...
    Found my Petunia seeds, will sow them tomorrow.:yes::hapydancsmil: During my hunt I also found some Dahlia seeds from one of my Mum's plants, she has been gone 13 yrs now so it's well established and still going...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. shiney
    Like x 3

Show Us Your Recent Purchases 2019

Gifts to self are the very best kind as you get what you really want! :hapfeet:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. HarryS
    Like x 18

Know Your Weeds

This is great thanks very much. Often wondered what the weeds in my garden were
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. PeterS
    Like x 8

Improving clay

Cool
    Cool
    Cool
    Cool
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Marley Farley

HANGING BASKETS, WINDOW BOXES AND PLANTERS 2019.

Nicotiana would be treated as bedding plants so not until after frosts around May/June I would say. I always grow mine from seed @wiseowl (the shorter variety), in fact I don't know if they are...
    Nicotiana would be treated as bedding plants so not until after frosts around May/June I would say. I always grow mine from seed @wiseowl (the shorter variety), in fact I don't know if they are available as plants.Nicotiana Seeds - F1 Perfume Mix at Suttons Seeds
    Nicotiana would be treated as bedding plants so not until after frosts around May/June I would say. I always grow mine from seed @wiseowl (the shorter variety), in fact I don't know if they are available as plants.Nicotiana Seeds - F1 Perfume...
    Nicotiana would be treated as bedding plants so not until after frosts around May/June I would say. I always grow mine from seed @wiseowl (the shorter variety), in fact I don't know if they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Marley Farley

GARDENING ASPIRATIONS FOR 2019..

Ivy grows really well here too shiney, good job I love it :) @luciusmaximus, the entire border, length wise is damson and elderberries and at the bottom is a sycamore and hawthorn, as well as the...
    Ivy grows really well here too shiney, good job I love it :) @luciusmaximus, the entire border, length wise is damson and elderberries and at the bottom is a sycamore and hawthorn, as well as the biggest conifer I've ever seen in the neighbouring property. So it's really shaded already. I want it...
    Ivy grows really well here too shiney, good job I love it :) @luciusmaximus, the entire border, length wise is damson and elderberries and at the bottom is a sycamore and hawthorn, as well as the biggest conifer I've ever seen in the neighbouring...
    Ivy grows really well here too shiney, good job I love it :) @luciusmaximus, the entire border, length wise is damson and elderberries and at the bottom is a sycamore and hawthorn, as well as the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Marley Farley

FUCHSIAS 2019

depends how frost hardy they are plus check for vine weevil now. If they show green shoots you will need to dig them up & replant them in fresh compost , I think they run out of vigour 2nd year...
    depends how frost hardy they are plus check for vine weevil now. If they show green shoots you will need to dig them up & replant them in fresh compost , I think they run out of vigour 2nd year growing in pots and hanging baskets and you are best taking cuttings and starting afresh ...Spruce
    depends how frost hardy they are plus check for vine weevil now. If they show green shoots you will need to dig them up & replant them in fresh compost , I think they run out of vigour 2nd year growing in pots and hanging baskets and you are best...
    depends how frost hardy they are plus check for vine weevil now. If they show green shoots you will need to dig them up & replant them in fresh compost , I think they run out of vigour 2nd year...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. JWK
    Like x 9

Do you know your soil type?

Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure added over the years. Warm, sunny walled garden not far from the coast. Can grow wide range of...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure added over the years. Warm, sunny walled garden...
    Good deep sandy loam around 7 on the PH scale here. Front garden is very draining; back garden has better soil and holds moisture pretty well because of the huge amounts of compost and manure...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Marley Farley

DAY LILY.. (HEMEROCALLIS) FAMILY 2019

Lovely Spruce.....I had tired of hemerocallis having grown quite a few, just a couple now, but you have some beauties there to make me have a rethink :)
    Lovely Spruce.....I had tired of hemerocallis having grown quite a few, just a couple now, but you have some beauties there to make me have a rethink :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16.   » Normal Threads
  17. HarryS

¿ How Late is 2012 ?

Aha, but then it could be the hottest June, so keep those tender veg ready for planting out just in case we get a bumper tomato year. I haven't sown any squashes or beans yet, they won't be able...
    Aha, but then it could be the hottest June, so keep those tender veg ready for planting out just in case we get a bumper tomato year. I haven't sown any squashes or beans yet, they won't be able to go out for weeks and I have enough tender seedlings hanging about going leggy as it is. Trouble...
    Aha, but then it could be the hottest June, so keep those tender veg ready for planting out just in case we get a bumper tomato year. I haven't sown any squashes or beans yet, they won't be able to go out for weeks and I have enough tender...
    Aha, but then it could be the hottest June, so keep those tender veg ready for planting out just in case we get a bumper tomato year. I haven't sown any squashes or beans yet, they won't be able...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. HarryS

¿ Begonia Pinching or Pruning ?

Thanks Spruce , I chopped them all down to the second branch . I rembered having one like this a few years ago it just grew very lanky and flowered poorley - as if the tuber had lost its ooomph...
    Thanks Spruce , I chopped them all down to the second branch . I rembered having one like this a few years ago it just grew very lanky and flowered poorley - as if the tuber had lost its ooomph . Good news you are getting replacements from T and M , mine arrived Thursday . 6 very good crackling...
    Thanks Spruce , I chopped them all down to the second branch . I rembered having one like this a few years ago it just grew very lanky and flowered poorley - as if the tuber had lost its ooomph . Good news you are getting replacements from T and...
    Thanks Spruce , I chopped them all down to the second branch . I rembered having one like this a few years ago it just grew very lanky and flowered poorley - as if the tuber had lost its ooomph...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Scrungee
    Informative x 3

£2,500 Fine for growing Japanese Knotweed

Animal grazing may be of use in restricting the spread of the plant. If the new shoots are always being eaten a lot of plants put all their strength into trying to grow more shoots and not into...
    Animal grazing may be of use in restricting the spread of the plant. If the new shoots are always being eaten a lot of plants put all their strength into trying to grow more shoots and not into spreading their roots.
    Animal grazing may be of use in restricting the spread of the plant. If the new shoots are always being eaten a lot of plants put all their strength into trying to grow more shoots and not into spreading their roots.
    Animal grazing may be of use in restricting the spread of the plant. If the new shoots are always being eaten a lot of plants put all their strength into trying to grow more shoots and not into...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. HarryS

£1 Bucket Pricing Crisis !

Roger, Wilco! :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. HarryS

£1 Bucket 2019

If you arrange your pots properly you can keep your buckets and hide them at the back. Nobody would be any the wiser.:dbgrtmb:G.
    If you arrange your pots properly you can keep your buckets and hide them at the back. Nobody would be any the wiser.:dbgrtmb:G.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Silmar

Zones

It's used as a guide line you cann't write the figures in stone,of course everyones space is unique extreme weather will crop up now and again take for instance I grow something that is hardy in...
    It's used as a guide line you cann't write the figures in stone,of course everyones space is unique extreme weather will crop up now and again take for instance I grow something that is hardy in zone 8b then it's ok down to -7c if I was Penny zone 5b -23c I wouldn't dream of trying to grow that...
    It's used as a guide line you cann't write the figures in stone,of course everyones space is unique extreme weather will crop up now and again take for instance I grow something that is hardy in zone 8b then it's ok down to -7c if I was Penny...
    It's used as a guide line you cann't write the figures in stone,of course everyones space is unique extreme weather will crop up now and again take for instance I grow something that is hardy in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. ben01

Zinnia not true colour

My memories of growing Zinnia was that most of the time the weather was not warm enough, so I'm doubting its heat stress.I think you need to wait for later flowers to open before making a...
    My memories of growing Zinnia was that most of the time the weather was not warm enough, so I'm doubting its heat stress.I think you need to wait for later flowers to open before making a judgement, as it could be the first flowers are slightly out of character.As to Dahlias grown from...
    My memories of growing Zinnia was that most of the time the weather was not warm enough, so I'm doubting its heat stress.I think you need to wait for later flowers to open before making a judgement, as it could be the first flowers are...
    My memories of growing Zinnia was that most of the time the weather was not warm enough, so I'm doubting its heat stress.I think you need to wait for later flowers to open before making a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Fat Controller

Zinnia

If you want a long bloomer with daisy-like blooms what about Coriopsis?Certain Campanula and Penstemon species bloom for a long time and are hardy. Likewise Salvia greggii and S.microphylla.
    If you want a long bloomer with daisy-like blooms what about Coriopsis?Certain Campanula and Penstemon species bloom for a long time and are hardy. Likewise Salvia greggii and S.microphylla.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. peatfree

Zinnia

Hi peatfree, ive sown some zinnia, this year for the first time. Ive got some in my tiny plastic makeshift green house, and some out side in the ground, to see which do best. Those in the...
    Hi peatfree, ive sown some zinnia, this year for the first time. Ive got some in my tiny plastic makeshift green house, and some out side in the ground, to see which do best. Those in the greenhouse sprouted in 3 days, so maybe it wont be to late to set some more off. Good luck! 02:D
    Hi peatfree, ive sown some zinnia, this year for the first time. Ive got some in my tiny plastic makeshift green house, and some out side in the ground, to see which do best. Those in the greenhouse sprouted in 3 days, so maybe it wont be to late...
    Hi peatfree, ive sown some zinnia, this year for the first time. Ive got some in my tiny plastic makeshift green house, and some out side in the ground, to see which do best. Those in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Phil A

Ziggy's Website

Great news Ziggy, I'm really pleased that things are picking up - remember your friends when you make your first million :D
    Great news Ziggy, I'm really pleased that things are picking up - remember your friends when you make your first million :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. chitting kaz

ZIGGY dearest

ziggy:rolleyespink::rolleyespink: i must take some photos of the hill that i live on!!!! that would only last the afternoon up on my roof !!!! but it did make me laugh !! :loll::loll:
    ziggy:rolleyespink::rolleyespink: i must take some photos of the hill that i live on!!!! that would only last the afternoon up on my roof !!!! but it did make me laugh !! :loll::loll:
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Matt-tropical

zantedeschia giant white

Will do when it’s fully into growth it will be going in one on my stupidly big pots so might restrict it a bit but time will tell :fingers crossed:
    Will do when it’s fully into growth it will be going in one on my stupidly big pots so might restrict it a bit but time will tell :fingers crossed:
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. capney

Zantedeschia aethiopica... Calla Lilly

I covered the top with sand yesterday and had a good look this morning. Ni sigb of any flies....fingers crossed.
    I covered the top with sand yesterday and had a good look this morning. Ni sigb of any flies....fingers crossed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. GardenYank

Zantadeschia / Calla Lily Bulb

I have the white with purple throat and it's developing its seeds now. but it's my first year also. Guess I'll just leave it rest and see what happens. As we are still warmish (26-27c) I am still...
    I have the white with purple throat and it's developing its seeds now. but it's my first year also. Guess I'll just leave it rest and see what happens. As we are still warmish (26-27c) I am still watering but it is in a shaded but slightly filtered sun position.
    I have the white with purple throat and it's developing its seeds now. but it's my first year also. Guess I'll just leave it rest and see what happens. As we are still warmish (26-27c) I am still watering but it is in a shaded but slightly...
    I have the white with purple throat and it's developing its seeds now. but it's my first year also. Guess I'll just leave it rest and see what happens. As we are still warmish (26-27c) I am still...
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Victoria

Zamicoculcas zamifolia

Pretty spectacular stuff this, just managed to get this shot before they faded and became uninteresting:lollol:
    Pretty spectacular stuff this, just managed to get this shot before they faded and became uninteresting:lollol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. pete

Zaluzianskya

Thanks for your kind offer Pete, I would love to have said yes - but I already have 200 or 300 seedlings/small plants sitting on my patio and absolutely nowhere to put them. I think I might take...
    Thanks for your kind offer Pete, I would love to have said yes - but I already have 200 or 300 seedlings/small plants sitting on my patio and absolutely nowhere to put them. I think I might take up "virtual gardening" on the internet. You can expand as much as you like - and no weeding! Come...
    Thanks for your kind offer Pete, I would love to have said yes - but I already have 200 or 300 seedlings/small plants sitting on my patio and absolutely nowhere to put them. I think I might take up "virtual gardening" on the internet. You can...
    Thanks for your kind offer Pete, I would love to have said yes - but I already have 200 or 300 seedlings/small plants sitting on my patio and absolutely nowhere to put them. I think I might take...
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. **Yvonne**
    Like x 7

Yvonne's Nectar Haven - Work in progress

Wow that looks truly amazing. You've done such a brilliant job. Must have been a daunting task at first.
    Wow that looks truly amazing. You've done such a brilliant job. Must have been a daunting task at first.
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. Bilbo675
    Like x 6

Yummy....

I`ve got the cream
    I`ve got the cream
    I`ve got the cream
    I`ve got the cream
    Replies:
    Views:
  35. Paladin

Yummy!

Very interesting - bf and I have kept saying we must check out what tadpoles eat - so now we know!
    Very interesting - bf and I have kept saying we must check out what tadpoles eat - so now we know!
    Replies:
    Views:
  36. Scotkat

Yuletide camelia never did get one.

Cant find anyone who stocks this camelia .Last yr contacted Loder Plants they had it but were out of stock plants to send out and to contact in Feb .After doing this they do not have it in...
    Cant find anyone who stocks this camelia .Last yr contacted Loder Plants they had it but were out of stock plants to send out and to contact in Feb .After doing this they do not have it in stock.Coudl give me Crimson King but want yuletide or nothing.Does anyone know where I can find...
    Cant find anyone who stocks this camelia .Last yr contacted Loder Plants they had it but were out of stock plants to send out and to contact in Feb .After doing this they do not have it in stock.Coudl give me Crimson King but want yuletide...
    Cant find anyone who stocks this camelia .Last yr contacted Loder Plants they had it but were out of stock plants to send out and to contact in Feb .After doing this they do not have it in...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice