I hate lawns :roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. BanjoBoy

Zinnias - Curly Leaves ???

Sorry about the heat stress to your eyes Freddy:biggrin: I think you need to lie down in a cool dark room.:roflol:
    Sorry about the heat stress to your eyes Freddy:biggrin: I think you need to lie down in a cool dark room.:roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Chrislisi1982

Help identifying these shrubs / plants

The best time to prune nandina is in winter, when it is dormant. As far as how, the books recommend cutting about a quarter of the stems down to the ground. Then cut a third of the total stem...
    The best time to prune nandina is in winter, when it is dormant. As far as how, the books recommend cutting about a quarter of the stems down to the ground. Then cut a third of the total stem height off one out of every four remaining stems.
    The best time to prune nandina is in winter, when it is dormant. As far as how, the books recommend cutting about a quarter of the stems down to the ground. Then cut a third of the total stem height off one out of every four remaining stems.
    The best time to prune nandina is in winter, when it is dormant. As far as how, the books recommend cutting about a quarter of the stems down to the ground. Then cut a third of the total stem...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. pete

Kiwi fruit, Chinese gooseberry.

I think they probably are frost hardy enough, my main concern is if the fruits will ripen in a normal British summer
    I think they probably are frost hardy enough, my main concern is if the fruits will ripen in a normal British summer
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. MAW

Sick clematis

Any advice on my clematis. I planted it 6 weeks ago and have been watering it well every day. It was looking good until a couple of days ago. Now the plant is dropping and its looking poor. Only...
    Any advice on my clematis. I planted it 6 weeks ago and have been watering it well every day. It was looking good until a couple of days ago. Now the plant is dropping and its looking poor. Only the top of it looks green and healthysee pictures below
    Any advice on my clematis. I planted it 6 weeks ago and have been watering it well every day. It was looking good until a couple of days ago. Now the plant is dropping and its looking poor. Only the top of it looks green and healthysee pictures...
    Any advice on my clematis. I planted it 6 weeks ago and have been watering it well every day. It was looking good until a couple of days ago. Now the plant is dropping and its looking poor. Only...
    20200625_193908.jpg 20200625_193839.jpg 20200625_193827.jpg 20200625_193816.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ennnceee

Can you identify this, please?

Thank you Sian in Belgium and Palustris.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kirsty Macdonald

Garden Design Help!

Welcome to the forum @Kirsty Macdonald ! I have completely different growing conditions to you and wouldn't like to lead you down the wrong path but thee are many here who will be along soon to...
    Welcome to the forum @Kirsty Macdonald ! I have completely different growing conditions to you and wouldn't like to lead you down the wrong path but thee are many here who will be along soon to give you some great advice :)
    Welcome to the forum @Kirsty Macdonald ! I have completely different growing conditions to you and wouldn't like to lead you down the wrong path but thee are many here who will be along soon to give you some great advice :)
    Welcome to the forum @Kirsty Macdonald ! I have completely different growing conditions to you and wouldn't like to lead you down the wrong path but thee are many here who will be along soon to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. steevjp

"thinning out" compost

See here, I got some really nice free flowing compost but it was expensive: Best Supplier Of Compost 2020
    See here, I got some really nice free flowing compost but it was expensive: Best Supplier Of Compost 2020
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jasmine star

Replenishing soil

So the conifers have gone :hapfeet:stumps and all.So back to replenishing the soil that's left in the border. I've bought 3 bags of well rotted manure to put in. During a light hearted chat the lady...
    So the conifers have gone :hapfeet:stumps and all.So back to replenishing the soil that's left in the border. I've bought 3 bags of well rotted manure to put in. During a light hearted chat the lady in the garden centre said after putting the manure in wait a while as it can burn the roots on any...
    So the conifers have gone :hapfeet:stumps and all.So back to replenishing the soil that's left in the border. I've bought 3 bags of well rotted manure to put in. During a light hearted chat the lady in the garden centre said after putting the manure...
    So the conifers have gone :hapfeet:stumps and all.So back to replenishing the soil that's left in the border. I've bought 3 bags of well rotted manure to put in. During a light hearted chat the lady...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Chris hook

What is this please?

Thanks for all your advice
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Doghouse Riley

Garden Furniture

@GavinBall unfortunately the original post was a year ago, and I do not think doghouse Riley is on this forum any more, so unlikely to get a link
    @GavinBall unfortunately the original post was a year ago, and I do not think doghouse Riley is on this forum any more, so unlikely to get a link
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Jasmine star

Jasmine leaf issue.

Thank you @noisette47 that makes me feel a little better :love30: I did have a second look and it only seems to be on the outer leaves. The inner are perfect fine. I'll keep my eyes on it see how it goes :blue thumb:
    Thank you @noisette47 that makes me feel a little better :love30: I did have a second look and it only seems to be on the outer leaves. The inner are perfect fine. I'll keep my eyes on it see how it goes :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. noisette47
    Like x 3

A Little Miracle

Always plan aheadThat's my motto :roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. southerner

Sun or part shade, what is it actually?

I've found this, hope it helps, although people may have variations in numbers of hours I would imagine.
    I've found this, hope it helps, although people may have variations in numbers of hours I would imagine.
    20200622_090613.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. CharlesAC

What is wrong with my viburnum tinus ?

Just cut off the dead branches and talk nicely to what's left. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mazambo

Sweet pea seeds for next year?

I think you might be surprised, still three months growing to go yet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Loofah

Glyphosate source

Thanks for the info @Liz the pot :blue thumb: So a 2.5% mix is correct for my usage. You can put your cap back on now :)
    Thanks for the info @Liz the pot :blue thumb: So a 2.5% mix is correct for my usage. You can put your cap back on now :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Achiavetta

Blue Passion Issues

@Achiavetta you just add the picture to the post, on here, either via your mobile phone or PC. Where did you send the picture to?
    @Achiavetta you just add the picture to the post, on here, either via your mobile phone or PC. Where did you send the picture to?
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. bill-lancaster

Trachelospermum Asiaticum summer sunset

Thanks for that, we'll wait longer and be patient
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Emily Brookes

Best gardening book for beginners?

They always did provide information, just different formats. I have a nicely bound book from 1884 entitled "The Culture of Vegetables and Flowers from Seeds and Roots" compiled by Sutton and Sons...
    They always did provide information, just different formats. I have a nicely bound book from 1884 entitled "The Culture of Vegetables and Flowers from Seeds and Roots" compiled by Sutton and Sons of Reading. It is actually quite a good general gardening book; taking you through different flowers...
    They always did provide information, just different formats. I have a nicely bound book from 1884 entitled "The Culture of Vegetables and Flowers from Seeds and Roots" compiled by Sutton and Sons of Reading. It is actually quite a good general...
    They always did provide information, just different formats. I have a nicely bound book from 1884 entitled "The Culture of Vegetables and Flowers from Seeds and Roots" compiled by Sutton and Sons...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice