1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Waco

Brugmansia 2

We have since corresponded Caj xx As our mentor is not really with us any more, perhaps someone else .... Marley? Strongy? can help here. As to my situation two plus months ago, I threw away...
    We have since corresponded Caj xx As our mentor is not really with us any more, perhaps someone else .... Marley? Strongy? can help here. As to my situation two plus months ago, I threw away two of the stems and potted up the main one. It now has a nice 'crop' of hair ... sorry leaves ......
    We have since corresponded Caj xx As our mentor is not really with us any more, perhaps someone else .... Marley? Strongy? can help here. As to my situation two plus months ago, I threw away two of the stems and potted up the main one. It...
    We have since corresponded Caj xx As our mentor is not really with us any more, perhaps someone else .... Marley? Strongy? can help here. As to my situation two plus months ago, I threw away...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Kevin Cowans

My Garden Progress

Hi Kevin,What you need now is some positive thinking. :) After a couple of dodgy years, fingers crossed that your luck changes for the better. :fingers crossed:
    Hi Kevin,What you need now is some positive thinking. :) After a couple of dodgy years, fingers crossed that your luck changes for the better. :fingers crossed:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Spruce
    Like x 14

What's Looking Good In June 2013

I bought one Pennisetum burgundy giant a couple of years ago from a garden centre. It had burgundy red leaves and long rosy / maroon plumes. A most handsome plant indeed. I knew it was tender, but...
    I bought one Pennisetum burgundy giant a couple of years ago from a garden centre. It had burgundy red leaves and long rosy / maroon plumes. A most handsome plant indeed. I knew it was tender, but still by October it died :cry3:. I think some of them probably need tropical conditions :scratch: . Unfortunately...
    I bought one Pennisetum burgundy giant a couple of years ago from a garden centre. It had burgundy red leaves and long rosy / maroon plumes. A most handsome plant indeed. I knew it was tender, but still by October it died :cry3:. I think some of them...
    I bought one Pennisetum burgundy giant a couple of years ago from a garden centre. It had burgundy red leaves and long rosy / maroon plumes. A most handsome plant indeed. I knew it was tender, but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Scotkat

Fuchsias

Closed.. New thread HERE
    Closed.. New thread HERE
    Closed.. New thread HERE
    Closed.. New thread HERE
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Phil A
    Like x 12

WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN JUNE 2018

Glad you like it, Loki.:love30: Walking around it gives me a lot of content and puts a smile on my face.:snorky:
    Glad you like it, Loki.:love30: Walking around it gives me a lot of content and puts a smile on my face.:snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl

WHAT JOBS ARE WE DOING IN THE GARDEN TODAY - 2017

A lot of my neighbours rarely bother with compost heaps :noidea: and take their green waste down to the dump - a 14 mile round trip! Not very environmentally friendly. :nonofinger:We have four compost heap like...
    A lot of my neighbours rarely bother with compost heaps :noidea: and take their green waste down to the dump - a 14 mile round trip! Not very environmentally friendly. :nonofinger:We have four compost heap like thisHave a bonfire like this about once a month - the ash gets put into the compost and spread...
    A lot of my neighbours rarely bother with compost heaps :noidea: and take their green waste down to the dump - a 14 mile round trip! Not very environmentally friendly. :nonofinger:We have four compost heap like thisHave a bonfire like this about once a...
    A lot of my neighbours rarely bother with compost heaps :noidea: and take their green waste down to the dump - a 14 mile round trip! Not very environmentally friendly. :nonofinger:We have four compost heap like...
    03.jpg our-rebirth1.png IMAG2399.jpg IMAG2400.jpg IMAG2402.jpg -bee-signs-ideas-save-the-bees-posters.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. HarryS
    Like x 7

Canna 2012

When I purchased my general thought process was: What area does each Wattage bulb cover? Too low a wattage doesn't cover very much. What would be the price/benefit equation for, say, 2 x 400W...
    When I purchased my general thought process was: What area does each Wattage bulb cover? Too low a wattage doesn't cover very much. What would be the price/benefit equation for, say, 2 x 400W rather than 1 x 800W. Clearly 2 x 400W allows running one lamp when you only have a few plants to...
    When I purchased my general thought process was: What area does each Wattage bulb cover? Too low a wattage doesn't cover very much. What would be the price/benefit equation for, say, 2 x 400W rather than 1 x 800W. Clearly 2 x 400W allows...
    When I purchased my general thought process was: What area does each Wattage bulb cover? Too low a wattage doesn't cover very much. What would be the price/benefit equation for, say, 2 x 400W...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. shiney
    Like x 4

WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN JULY 2018

Hello Sienna it would look be lovely to see some pictures :)Beautiful flower I must say strongylodon :love30:
    Hello Sienna it would look be lovely to see some pictures :)Beautiful flower I must say strongylodon :love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ARMANDII
    Like x 4

FUCHSIA'S - 2015

New thread for 2016 - HERE
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kristen
    Like x 15

What's Looking Good In July 2013

First Tricyrtis of 2013 - "Taipei Silk"...........................It's a hybrid of an unknown T.formosana variety and T.lasiocarpa. It's a really nice variety that seems to prefer a little...
    First Tricyrtis of 2013 - "Taipei Silk"...........................It's a hybrid of an unknown T.formosana variety and T.lasiocarpa. It's a really nice variety that seems to prefer a little more sun than most (it's leaning out seeking the light in this spot) and is reliably early.
    First Tricyrtis of 2013 - "Taipei Silk"...........................It's a hybrid of an unknown T.formosana variety and T.lasiocarpa. It's a really nice variety that seems to prefer a little more sun than most (it's leaning out seeking the...
    First Tricyrtis of 2013 - "Taipei Silk"...........................It's a hybrid of an unknown T.formosana variety and T.lasiocarpa. It's a really nice variety that seems to prefer a little...
    IMG_6904_Kniphofia.jpg IMG_6878_RedBorder.jpg IMG_6883_SambucusBlackBeauty.jpg 1 July 2013 piccies 006.JPG 1 July 2013 piccies 004.JPG 1 July 2013 piccies 010.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wiseowl

Woos Project

That looks a good, healthy, green meadow Wiseowl. I hope it performs well for you next year. :)
    That looks a good, healthy, green meadow Wiseowl. I hope it performs well for you next year. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Radiation91
    Like x 13

My first garden!

Ok then, I'll settle for 29 :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JackJJW
    Like x 6

Dahlias

Perhaps more folk should try leaving their dahlias in the ground! Prob more damage ....rotting, etc....caused by digging up tubers and exposing them to the elements! :noidea:
    Perhaps more folk should try leaving their dahlias in the ground! Prob more damage ....rotting, etc....caused by digging up tubers and exposing them to the elements! :noidea:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Phil A
    Like x 16

What's looking good in May

:ideaIPB:I've got a feeling, "M" that the variety is "Versicolor":coffee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. shiney
    Like x 3

Show Us Your Recent Purchases 2019

My 3 kg of Winston seed potatoes arrived from Suttons yesterday, very well packed and I shall use them again.
    My 3 kg of Winston seed potatoes arrived from Suttons yesterday, very well packed and I shall use them again.
    ostokset.JPG 20190113_113423.jpg DSC_0919.jpg DSC_0920.jpg 070A75CC-7E4F-4034-BAE1-543B0B507FAE.jpeg 20190121_153822.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller

Fuchsias - 2016

Not hardy.. can't remember what it's called. Kept in a porch, have been watering very little and it's not too warm in there, max about 12c. What's happening? It has hardly any leaves but lots of...
    Not hardy.. can't remember what it's called. Kept in a porch, have been watering very little and it's not too warm in there, max about 12c. What's happening? It has hardly any leaves but lots of flower buds?!This is the other one I'm over wintering. Lots of leaves no buds.. which is what I...
    Not hardy.. can't remember what it's called. Kept in a porch, have been watering very little and it's not too warm in there, max about 12c. What's happening? It has hardly any leaves but lots of flower buds?!This is the other one I'm over...
    Not hardy.. can't remember what it's called. Kept in a porch, have been watering very little and it's not too warm in there, max about 12c. What's happening? It has hardly any leaves but lots of...
    image.jpeg image.jpeg 3131_45.jpg IMG_20160105_065255.jpg fuschia.JPG upload_2016-2-28_21-31-33.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Phil A
    Like x 13

What's looking good in June 2015

love the concept of a Hebe hedge...:thumbsup: Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fat Controller

Gardening diaries - friendly discussions (part 2)

:goodpost:Agree - ive only just read thru this thread all 29 pages :rolleyespink: so apologies to any of the GC members ...many of whom i had no idea of, BTW it's been nice meeting up with you :snorky:....who are getting lots...
    :goodpost:Agree - ive only just read thru this thread all 29 pages :rolleyespink: so apologies to any of the GC members ...many of whom i had no idea of, BTW it's been nice meeting up with you :snorky:....who are getting lots of late thread "LERT'S" from me :heehee: ...Its been lovely reading thru lots of fun and banter and of course...
    :goodpost:Agree - ive only just read thru this thread all 29 pages :rolleyespink: so apologies to any of the GC members ...many of whom i had no idea of, BTW it's been nice meeting up with you :snorky:....who are getting lots of late thread "LERT'S" from me :heehee: ...Its been lovely...
    :goodpost:Agree - ive only just read thru this thread all 29 pages :rolleyespink: so apologies to any of the GC members ...many of whom i had no idea of, BTW it's been nice meeting up with you :snorky:....who are getting lots...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jenny namaste
    Like x 14

WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD - JUNE 2014

Last few shots of the old garden, moving on Saturday.FeverfewFennel
    P1040720.JPG P1040721.JPG P1040722.JPG P1040723.JPG P1040743.JPG 20140601_151058.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. rosa

Rosas Balcony 2009

heres a few xmassy pics i took on my balcony, everything is still green and looking good for this time of year.i put this obelisk up and decorated it with christmas lights in front of...
    heres a few xmassy pics i took on my balcony, everything is still green and looking good for this time of year.i put this obelisk up and decorated it with christmas lights in front of my kitchen window out on my balcony
    heres a few xmassy pics i took on my balcony, everything is still green and looking good for this time of year.i put this obelisk up and decorated it with christmas lights in front of my kitchen window out on my balcony
    heres a few xmassy pics i took on my balcony, everything is still green and looking good for this time of year.i put this obelisk up and decorated it with christmas lights in front of...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice