1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. MattWR

Creating a border with sleepers - help needed

As an ex-railwayman and now involved with a Heritage one, I strongly recommend you do Not set them in concrete, because eventually the sleepers Will rot, despite being previously treated.
    As an ex-railwayman and now involved with a Heritage one, I strongly recommend you do Not set them in concrete, because eventually the sleepers Will rot, despite being previously treated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Phil A

Show us your recent purchases 2015

I might agree with you if I understood what multi functioning was. :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    I might agree with you if I understood what multi functioning was. :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. HarryS
    Like x 7

Canna 2012

When I purchased my general thought process was: What area does each Wattage bulb cover? Too low a wattage doesn't cover very much. What would be the price/benefit equation for, say, 2 x 400W...
    When I purchased my general thought process was: What area does each Wattage bulb cover? Too low a wattage doesn't cover very much. What would be the price/benefit equation for, say, 2 x 400W rather than 1 x 800W. Clearly 2 x 400W allows running one lamp when you only have a few plants to...
    When I purchased my general thought process was: What area does each Wattage bulb cover? Too low a wattage doesn't cover very much. What would be the price/benefit equation for, say, 2 x 400W rather than 1 x 800W. Clearly 2 x 400W allows...
    When I purchased my general thought process was: What area does each Wattage bulb cover? Too low a wattage doesn't cover very much. What would be the price/benefit equation for, say, 2 x 400W...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley

What Jobs Are We Doing in the Garden Today... MK2..

New thread started here folks.. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Bashy

Tomorite or Miracle gro??

That is really interesting. Imagine you going off on a quest to find all that out. Impressive. I tend to use a mix of stuff. I have growmore, miracle grow and tomato feed. I have sulphate of...
    That is really interesting. Imagine you going off on a quest to find all that out. Impressive. I tend to use a mix of stuff. I have growmore, miracle grow and tomato feed. I have sulphate of ammonia for a quick boost when needed. I remember i had a friend who swore by phostrogen but I haven't...
    That is really interesting. Imagine you going off on a quest to find all that out. Impressive. I tend to use a mix of stuff. I have growmore, miracle grow and tomato feed. I have sulphate of ammonia for a quick boost when needed. I remember i...
    That is really interesting. Imagine you going off on a quest to find all that out. Impressive. I tend to use a mix of stuff. I have growmore, miracle grow and tomato feed. I have sulphate of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. silu
    Agree x 5

Beware, do not buy Aldi Organic Compost.

Just back from Aldi and they didn't have any of the product in stock. They had all the other stuff, multi purpose, soil conditioner, bark chip but not the 1 I was looking for to test again. I...
    Just back from Aldi and they didn't have any of the product in stock. They had all the other stuff, multi purpose, soil conditioner, bark chip but not the 1 I was looking for to test again. I wonder, as told their customer services I was visiting my local store today, if they hid it:). That sounds...
    Just back from Aldi and they didn't have any of the product in stock. They had all the other stuff, multi purpose, soil conditioner, bark chip but not the 1 I was looking for to test again. I wonder, as told their customer services I was visiting...
    Just back from Aldi and they didn't have any of the product in stock. They had all the other stuff, multi purpose, soil conditioner, bark chip but not the 1 I was looking for to test again. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Lolimac

What jobs are we doing today in the garden ?

This thread is now closed please continue here,,
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Plant Potty

Washing up liquid, what strength?

I watched the butterflys for about 20 hours, I started running around like a fool trying to buff them:cry3: tho I did mannage to kill two with a direct shot from my spray bottle to knock them down, then...
    I watched the butterflys for about 20 hours, I started running around like a fool trying to buff them:cry3: tho I did mannage to kill two with a direct shot from my spray bottle to knock them down, then a size ten boot to finish the job:WINK1:the bicarb has just been posted again here, not sure...
    I watched the butterflys for about 20 hours, I started running around like a fool trying to buff them:cry3: tho I did mannage to kill two with a direct shot from my spray bottle to knock them down, then a size ten boot to finish the job:WINK1:the...
    I watched the butterflys for about 20 hours, I started running around like a fool trying to buff them:cry3: tho I did mannage to kill two with a direct shot from my spray bottle to knock them down, then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ARMANDII
    Like x 3

SHOW US YOUR RECENT PURCHASES 2018

I got an alert on my emails to send it to this forum :rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. marge

Moving a fuschia

Well the branches go bare like any deciduous tree but it flowers very early, last year it was in March and it got caught by frost, which ruined the flowering. This year there is no sign of flowers...
    Well the branches go bare like any deciduous tree but it flowers very early, last year it was in March and it got caught by frost, which ruined the flowering. This year there is no sign of flowers yet due to the colder weather, so hopefully it might be better and later. Apparently the fruits...
    Well the branches go bare like any deciduous tree but it flowers very early, last year it was in March and it got caught by frost, which ruined the flowering. This year there is no sign of flowers yet due to the colder weather, so hopefully it...
    Well the branches go bare like any deciduous tree but it flowers very early, last year it was in March and it got caught by frost, which ruined the flowering. This year there is no sign of flowers...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. hmallett

Removing leylandii, carefully

That's a good idea, as long as you make sure you don't exceed the maximum towing load/force and start busting the car:)I once had an old car that I knew was going fail its MOT miserably. I was...
    That's a good idea, as long as you make sure you don't exceed the maximum towing load/force and start busting the car:)I once had an old car that I knew was going fail its MOT miserably. I was going to put it on my land and then SORN it, and use it for this very purpose, but then for some...
    That's a good idea, as long as you make sure you don't exceed the maximum towing load/force and start busting the car:)I once had an old car that I knew was going fail its MOT miserably. I was going to put it on my land and then SORN it, and use...
    That's a good idea, as long as you make sure you don't exceed the maximum towing load/force and start busting the car:)I once had an old car that I knew was going fail its MOT miserably. I was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. taffy26

What to do with primulas and primroses after flowering

Thanks Alice, I am going to leave them where they are and I agree it looks tidier to cut them short, so I will cut them short!
    Thanks Alice, I am going to leave them where they are and I agree it looks tidier to cut them short, so I will cut them short!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Dicemanc

Newly planted Box hedging turning yellow

Plenty of water Col in dry times and water at night where it will have time to perculate to the root. Good luck. G
    Plenty of water Col in dry times and water at night where it will have time to perculate to the root. Good luck. G
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Spruce
    Like x 4

Daylily "Hemerocallis 2013 S W S

Bumping the thread@jennywrenHave a look at this thread from last year. Lots of great ideas and lots to choose fromSpruce
    Bumping the thread@jennywrenHave a look at this thread from last year. Lots of great ideas and lots to choose fromSpruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sheal

Jeyes fluid

I heard anecdotal evidence of rat swarms when I was a child. I was never sure if it was true so am interested to hear about this. If you google 'mass migration rats' some stuff comes up as well.
    I heard anecdotal evidence of rat swarms when I was a child. I was never sure if it was true so am interested to hear about this. If you google 'mass migration rats' some stuff comes up as well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Franco50

Crocosmia not flowering

I have two clumps of crocosmia, given me by the gardener I hired to landscape my garden in 2000. He had a huge amount in the back of his van that he'd cleared out of someone's garden a couple of...
    I have two clumps of crocosmia, given me by the gardener I hired to landscape my garden in 2000. He had a huge amount in the back of his van that he'd cleared out of someone's garden a couple of days before. Seeing I was starting from scratch, plantwise, he asked if I'd like some. They got...
    I have two clumps of crocosmia, given me by the gardener I hired to landscape my garden in 2000. He had a huge amount in the back of his van that he'd cleared out of someone's garden a couple of days before. Seeing I was starting from scratch,...
    I have two clumps of crocosmia, given me by the gardener I hired to landscape my garden in 2000. He had a huge amount in the back of his van that he'd cleared out of someone's garden a couple of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Val..

Thick algae on paving slabs!!!

I did a few test patches on Tuesday and wasn't expecting to see any improvement for a few weeks, but after one day I noticed a slight improvement and even in the dark just now I can see a real...
    I did a few test patches on Tuesday and wasn't expecting to see any improvement for a few weeks, but after one day I noticed a slight improvement and even in the dark just now I can see a real improvement (will post pics later if I get home before dark) :blue thumb:
    I did a few test patches on Tuesday and wasn't expecting to see any improvement for a few weeks, but after one day I noticed a slight improvement and even in the dark just now I can see a real improvement (will post pics later if I get home...
    I did a few test patches on Tuesday and wasn't expecting to see any improvement for a few weeks, but after one day I noticed a slight improvement and even in the dark just now I can see a real...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JohnD

Is Neem illegal in the UK?

That's the problem with reading items published on the internet that are heavily weighted one way or the other by interested parties. We, the general public, don't have the opportunity (time,...
    That's the problem with reading items published on the internet that are heavily weighted one way or the other by interested parties. We, the general public, don't have the opportunity (time, experience, education etc.) to sort the wheat from the chaff with regard to these matters.Most of...
    That's the problem with reading items published on the internet that are heavily weighted one way or the other by interested parties. We, the general public, don't have the opportunity (time, experience, education etc.) to sort the wheat from...
    That's the problem with reading items published on the internet that are heavily weighted one way or the other by interested parties. We, the general public, don't have the opportunity (time,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Waco

Brugmansia 2

We have since corresponded Caj xx As our mentor is not really with us any more, perhaps someone else .... Marley? Strongy? can help here. As to my situation two plus months ago, I threw away...
    We have since corresponded Caj xx As our mentor is not really with us any more, perhaps someone else .... Marley? Strongy? can help here. As to my situation two plus months ago, I threw away two of the stems and potted up the main one. It now has a nice 'crop' of hair ... sorry leaves ......
    We have since corresponded Caj xx As our mentor is not really with us any more, perhaps someone else .... Marley? Strongy? can help here. As to my situation two plus months ago, I threw away two of the stems and potted up the main one. It...
    We have since corresponded Caj xx As our mentor is not really with us any more, perhaps someone else .... Marley? Strongy? can help here. As to my situation two plus months ago, I threw away...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. lb7110

Fast growing evergreen climbers to block out nosey neighbour!

This thread is over four years old......
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice