General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. fumanchu

Is 12" deep enough for roses? :(

Planters in deep ugly horrible gravel Jenny, so permanent fixtures and canny use castors. Good ideas for roses thanks!
    Planters in deep ugly horrible gravel Jenny, so permanent fixtures and canny use castors. Good ideas for roses thanks!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Tui34
    Like x 3

Thank you for your warm welcome

Hello and welcome to GC
    Hello and welcome to GC
    Hello and welcome to GC
    Hello and welcome to GC
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. fumanchu

Planter Sizes

Ok thank you, will do. :blue thumb: It's all plotting & planning & asking questions just now, but I can get started on the planting at the end of this month. Got some orders coming from Farmer Gracey and the...
    Ok thank you, will do. :blue thumb: It's all plotting & planning & asking questions just now, but I can get started on the planting at the end of this month. Got some orders coming from Farmer Gracey and the local plant nursery will have more in by then as well.
    Ok thank you, will do. :blue thumb: It's all plotting & planning & asking questions just now, but I can get started on the planting at the end of this month. Got some orders coming from Farmer Gracey and the local plant nursery will have more in by then as...
    Ok thank you, will do. :blue thumb: It's all plotting & planning & asking questions just now, but I can get started on the planting at the end of this month. Got some orders coming from Farmer Gracey and the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sienna's Blossom
    Like x 12

Our New Garden :)

We've seen a hedgehog again in the last couple of days and getting lots of birds visiting. Still no sign of any frogs yet but fingers crossed they'll arrive eventually.
    We've seen a hedgehog again in the last couple of days and getting lots of birds visiting. Still no sign of any frogs yet but fingers crossed they'll arrive eventually.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. TheMadHedger

Greenhouse - which is the best in VERY strong winds?

Very smart greenhouses @kindredspirit and @BenCotto I have a Hercules Blenheim which is supposed to be strong. But I wish I'd got one with half walls like you two, as most things I grow in pots...
    Very smart greenhouses @kindredspirit and @BenCotto I have a Hercules Blenheim which is supposed to be strong. But I wish I'd got one with half walls like you two, as most things I grow in pots on staging. I once had a hex greenhouse and we had a storm. I only realised it had moved a couple of...
    Very smart greenhouses @kindredspirit and @BenCotto I have a Hercules Blenheim which is supposed to be strong. But I wish I'd got one with half walls like you two, as most things I grow in pots on staging. I once had a hex greenhouse and we had...
    Very smart greenhouses @kindredspirit and @BenCotto I have a Hercules Blenheim which is supposed to be strong. But I wish I'd got one with half walls like you two, as most things I grow in pots...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ricky101

New Gardening TV program.

I've been on and off with Tichmarsh's programmes, some I hate and some are OK.Not keen when he starts crawling around the royals, or the garden make over types.
    I've been on and off with Tichmarsh's programmes, some I hate and some are OK.Not keen when he starts crawling around the royals, or the garden make over types.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. PhilC

Is it easy to block wisteria roots when planted in the ground?

yeah the Kiwi that I have is Jenny but I'm not sure it enjoys being potted in a container.
    yeah the Kiwi that I have is Jenny but I'm not sure it enjoys being potted in a container.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Caecius

Wooden Coping

My pleasure.To answer your question, I would be inclined to pressure wash with a soft lance (don't use a turbo nozzle) and don't go too close. Follow up with a biocide such as this - and that...
    My pleasure.To answer your question, I would be inclined to pressure wash with a soft lance (don't use a turbo nozzle) and don't go too close. Follow up with a biocide such as this - and that should help inhibit recurrence.
    My pleasure.To answer your question, I would be inclined to pressure wash with a soft lance (don't use a turbo nozzle) and don't go too close. Follow up with a biocide such as this - and that should help inhibit recurrence.
    My pleasure.To answer your question, I would be inclined to pressure wash with a soft lance (don't use a turbo nozzle) and don't go too close. Follow up with a biocide such as this - and that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. scottyboy

Oleria Henry Travis

At least now you have the correct name to go searching.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Fat Controller

Clematis...

Was in Worthing Morrisons this afternoon/early evening, loads of different clematis for £2.50 each about a foot high. plenty of the old favourites amongst them
    Was in Worthing Morrisons this afternoon/early evening, loads of different clematis for £2.50 each about a foot high. plenty of the old favourites amongst them
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. hailbopp

Timing to Prune Euonymus Red Cascade

Robins have already built nests outside my window. :rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. hailbopp

Advice re Bamboo please

IME when you chop the stems they tend to put growth on sideways, so at least the pots will be full of rhizome :)
    IME when you chop the stems they tend to put growth on sideways, so at least the pots will be full of rhizome :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. fumanchu

Rose and Azalea growing in pots

That's great ricky thanks!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. hailbopp

Broken growing shoots Day Lilies

If they don't have live tissue above the main root, they aren't likely to grow. If there's still green growth, just plant them and they should be ok but it might be next year before they do much.
    If they don't have live tissue above the main root, they aren't likely to grow. If there's still green growth, just plant them and they should be ok but it might be next year before they do much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. RicMetty

Best online retailer

I think I know who you mean but I can't remember the name at the moment either. :doh:I've just asked my offspring on 'Messenger', one of them will know. :)
    I think I know who you mean but I can't remember the name at the moment either. :doh:I've just asked my offspring on 'Messenger', one of them will know. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. NigelJ
    Like x 16

What's looking good February 2024

Some very nice Hellebores on show :) makes me think I need some more :ideaIPB:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Pepe

Places to buy Japanese maples and acers

Not something I'd like to buy online but if were I probably use Ornamental trees or Bluebell arboretum I had a few plants from these last year which I were pleased with , or acers online never...
    Not something I'd like to buy online but if were I probably use Ornamental trees or Bluebell arboretum I had a few plants from these last year which I were pleased with , or acers online never used them before.
    Not something I'd like to buy online but if were I probably use Ornamental trees or Bluebell arboretum I had a few plants from these last year which I were pleased with , or acers online never used them before.
    Not something I'd like to buy online but if were I probably use Ornamental trees or Bluebell arboretum I had a few plants from these last year which I were pleased with , or acers online never...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Balc
    Like x 9

Primroses over the years

I think cowslips grow in limey areas. They were growing on the downs in Stroud when my mother in law lived there but primroses were rare. The opposite here in Cornwall. I have lots of the wild...
    I think cowslips grow in limey areas. They were growing on the downs in Stroud when my mother in law lived there but primroses were rare. The opposite here in Cornwall. I have lots of the wild ones and some Jack in the Green and a few gold laced ones which someone was selling at the end of their...
    I think cowslips grow in limey areas. They were growing on the downs in Stroud when my mother in law lived there but primroses were rare. The opposite here in Cornwall. I have lots of the wild ones and some Jack in the Green and a few gold laced...
    I think cowslips grow in limey areas. They were growing on the downs in Stroud when my mother in law lived there but primroses were rare. The opposite here in Cornwall. I have lots of the wild...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. fumanchu

The Planning Stage...

Just bought it! you are such a wee enabler :biggrin::dancy::spinning: TY!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Charentejohn

Do all pots need crocs for drainage ?

I always put crocks in ‘cos Monty does.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice