1. THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE 2 MINUTE SILENCE
    IN MEMORY OF ARMANDII

Armandii's chosen charity was Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA) - donations in his memory are welcomed, paid directly to the charity. Please ask a member of Admin for further information.

Dismiss Notice
We have a very sad announcement to make - please see the thread in the link below:

Please Click Here

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. HarryS

Plug Plant Flower Removal ?

Because you were engrossed watching the news all day ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Vivien L

Have I killed my hydrangea?

I would keep the plant "as is" and observe what happens. You can possibly help diagnose by confirming whether you recently had overnight weather that was very near or below 0C.If it was hit by...
    I would keep the plant "as is" and observe what happens. You can possibly help diagnose by confirming whether you recently had overnight weather that was very near or below 0C.If it was hit by frost, the foliage tends to change colors and eventually turn brown or an almost dark green/black...
    I would keep the plant "as is" and observe what happens. You can possibly help diagnose by confirming whether you recently had overnight weather that was very near or below 0C.If it was hit by frost, the foliage tends to change colors and...
    I would keep the plant "as is" and observe what happens. You can possibly help diagnose by confirming whether you recently had overnight weather that was very near or below 0C.If it was hit by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Engelbert

Best way to get rid of bamboo (and what type of bamboo is it?)

Many thanks for the helpful replies. Glad to hear it isn't one of the more invasive heavy duty types! I'll get my mattock to it next week then. I love the mattock, it's such a great tool!Cheers
    Many thanks for the helpful replies. Glad to hear it isn't one of the more invasive heavy duty types! I'll get my mattock to it next week then. I love the mattock, it's such a great tool!Cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Bardering

Free standing trellis

It's 2m not 6ft/1.8m and the height is measured from surface of ground your side of the fence, so if the ground/paving/ abutting the fence your side was say 150mm higher than next door, possibly...
    It's 2m not 6ft/1.8m and the height is measured from surface of ground your side of the fence, so if the ground/paving/ abutting the fence your side was say 150mm higher than next door, possibly retainied with precast concrete gravel boards, your fence could be 2.15m/7 feet above your...
    It's 2m not 6ft/1.8m and the height is measured from surface of ground your side of the fence, so if the ground/paving/ abutting the fence your side was say 150mm higher than next door, possibly retainied with precast concrete gravel boards, your...
    It's 2m not 6ft/1.8m and the height is measured from surface of ground your side of the fence, so if the ground/paving/ abutting the fence your side was say 150mm higher than next door, possibly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. bluepeter

Star Jasmine (trachelospermum jasminoides) - dying

Thank you; I'll do that. (I'm not convinced that it's either frost or drought, for reasons set out above. But I've nothing to lose.)
    Thank you; I'll do that. (I'm not convinced that it's either frost or drought, for reasons set out above. But I've nothing to lose.)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Spruce

Cymbidium Orchids

A couple of mine are flowering after the usual hard treatment over the summer. They stayed out in full sun till start of October, but I'm afraid they weren't fed as they should have been. I think...
    A couple of mine are flowering after the usual hard treatment over the summer. They stayed out in full sun till start of October, but I'm afraid they weren't fed as they should have been. I think strong sunlight, good feeding, and chill autumn nights would be the ideal combination. I have...
    A couple of mine are flowering after the usual hard treatment over the summer. They stayed out in full sun till start of October, but I'm afraid they weren't fed as they should have been. I think strong sunlight, good feeding, and chill autumn...
    A couple of mine are flowering after the usual hard treatment over the summer. They stayed out in full sun till start of October, but I'm afraid they weren't fed as they should have been. I think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. eddybaby

Is my Felicia amelloides beyond help

Hi yes it has Pete. I've had it a few years and has survived previous winters so I'll keep my fingers crossed . I've bought three similar as plug plants so will have them as a backup!
    Hi yes it has Pete. I've had it a few years and has survived previous winters so I'll keep my fingers crossed . I've bought three similar as plug plants so will have them as a backup!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Perki

Replace Grapevine with Seedless variety ?

I did replace it last Winter/Spring with Lakemont , no grapes its to early yet for them but I may let one bunch form this year if it does try and produce even though its not recommended . I am...
    I did replace it last Winter/Spring with Lakemont , no grapes its to early yet for them but I may let one bunch form this year if it does try and produce even though its not recommended . I am hoping its come through the winter ok no life in it yet but it should be fine.
    I did replace it last Winter/Spring with Lakemont , no grapes its to early yet for them but I may let one bunch form this year if it does try and produce even though its not recommended . I am hoping its come through the winter ok no life in it...
    I did replace it last Winter/Spring with Lakemont , no grapes its to early yet for them but I may let one bunch form this year if it does try and produce even though its not recommended . I am...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. DMM

Question About Seeds Direct Sowing

Nooooo .... came away with 2 houseplants only! ..... Never made it to the Walsden centre and the other was a bit disappointing yesterday to be honest:frown:. Wasn't too busy either after all. I was...
    Nooooo .... came away with 2 houseplants only! ..... Never made it to the Walsden centre and the other was a bit disappointing yesterday to be honest:frown:. Wasn't too busy either after all. I was looking for a matureish evergreen shrub for a container and also some 'Star Jasmine' but wasn't able...
    Nooooo .... came away with 2 houseplants only! ..... Never made it to the Walsden centre and the other was a bit disappointing yesterday to be honest:frown:. Wasn't too busy either after all. I was looking for a matureish evergreen shrub for a...
    Nooooo .... came away with 2 houseplants only! ..... Never made it to the Walsden centre and the other was a bit disappointing yesterday to be honest:frown:. Wasn't too busy either after all. I was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. learningardener

camelia fertilizer??? any advice pls??

yes sure i bought one proper compost for camelias..
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. conks

From seed question (as I'm confused!)

I don't know if this applies to everyone and I guess it depends where you are .whatever months for sowing even in the greenhouse I forward on to the next month.. ie...if the month given is...
    I don't know if this applies to everyone and I guess it depends where you are .whatever months for sowing even in the greenhouse I forward on to the next month.. ie...if the month given is February I sow in March. The delay makes A lot of difference in our area .
    I don't know if this applies to everyone and I guess it depends where you are .whatever months for sowing even in the greenhouse I forward on to the next month.. ie...if the month given is February I sow in March. The delay makes A lot of...
    I don't know if this applies to everyone and I guess it depends where you are .whatever months for sowing even in the greenhouse I forward on to the next month.. ie...if the month given is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kevin Cowans

Removing two Spiraea Japonica Shrubs

Hello @noisette47 and @PerkiThanks for replies and the information.I will give it a go over the next few days, if I can get them out, great, if not then I will get some help in to remove...
    Hello @noisette47 and @PerkiThanks for replies and the information.I will give it a go over the next few days, if I can get them out, great, if not then I will get some help in to remove them.Kevin
    Hello @noisette47 and @PerkiThanks for replies and the information.I will give it a go over the next few days, if I can get them out, great, if not then I will get some help in to remove them.Kevin
    Hello @noisette47 and @PerkiThanks for replies and the information.I will give it a go over the next few days, if I can get them out, great, if not then I will get some help in to remove...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. HarryS

Clematis Pruning Group 3 Quandary?

Thanks @Palustris :dbgrtmb: I'll cut them back next week, otherwise all flowers will be at the top of the plant.
    Thanks @Palustris :dbgrtmb: I'll cut them back next week, otherwise all flowers will be at the top of the plant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. scott hones

help please

Rather close to the old ICI places down there and a few other Chemical production areas. At least you are not up in the houses above Runcorn Hill where they found the mustard gas contamination!
    Rather close to the old ICI places down there and a few other Chemical production areas. At least you are not up in the houses above Runcorn Hill where they found the mustard gas contamination!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Selleri

Pruning mature Rosemary

What a pleasant surprise! I think the weathering makes her look more characterful. :)Nick
    What a pleasant surprise! I think the weathering makes her look more characterful. :)Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ARMANDII
    Like x 13

WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN MARCH 21

New thread here:WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN April 21
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. exlabman

Red leaves on jasmine

@TaraMaiden we are :heehee: Your new garden sounds lovely and I bet once you have the jasmine planted they will love their new place. I completely understand what you mean by having a attachment to them....
    @TaraMaiden we are :heehee: Your new garden sounds lovely and I bet once you have the jasmine planted they will love their new place. I completely understand what you mean by having a attachment to them. It sounds crazy but it's so true. I first smelt a jasmine whilst on holiday in Greece many moons...
    @TaraMaiden we are :heehee: Your new garden sounds lovely and I bet once you have the jasmine planted they will love their new place. I completely understand what you mean by having a attachment to them. It sounds crazy but it's so true. I first smelt...
    @TaraMaiden we are :heehee: Your new garden sounds lovely and I bet once you have the jasmine planted they will love their new place. I completely understand what you mean by having a attachment to them....
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. bluepeter

Azaleas - curling leaves - problem?

Yes, rhododendrons like azaleas tend to roll/curl the leaves and might resemble like a cigarette. The leaves either roll/curl up (like in your picture) or can roll/curl downwards too. On March 5th...
    Yes, rhododendrons like azaleas tend to roll/curl the leaves and might resemble like a cigarette. The leaves either roll/curl up (like in your picture) or can roll/curl downwards too. On March 5th through 8th and on March 24th, you had overnight temperatures below freezing. Make sure it has...
    Yes, rhododendrons like azaleas tend to roll/curl the leaves and might resemble like a cigarette. The leaves either roll/curl up (like in your picture) or can roll/curl downwards too. On March 5th through 8th and on March 24th, you had overnight...
    Yes, rhododendrons like azaleas tend to roll/curl the leaves and might resemble like a cigarette. The leaves either roll/curl up (like in your picture) or can roll/curl downwards too. On March 5th...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Fat Controller

Spent(ish) compost.... with 'residents'

Of course, you are now able to get neighbours to help :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice