General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. KimG

Pittosporum Nana - is it self-seeding?

Thank you, Pete. I now think this is likely.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Mark329

Hedge or something more exciting

I think you are right not to close off the view of the countryside to the back of your garden by planting a solid hedge. I can see an electric pylon to the left in one of the photos so a tree in...
    I think you are right not to close off the view of the countryside to the back of your garden by planting a solid hedge. I can see an electric pylon to the left in one of the photos so a tree in front of this might be appropriate but I would go for something that might not get very tall like a...
    I think you are right not to close off the view of the countryside to the back of your garden by planting a solid hedge. I can see an electric pylon to the left in one of the photos so a tree in front of this might be appropriate but I would go...
    I think you are right not to close off the view of the countryside to the back of your garden by planting a solid hedge. I can see an electric pylon to the left in one of the photos so a tree in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Lesley Green

Hyacinth problem

Blue hyacinth in a fairly damp shady patch of garden, been there for many years
    1-20200301_125953.jpg 1-20200301_130000.jpg 1-20200301_130014.jpg Hyacinth 1.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. SiW

Ideas for sloping front garden

Hi,As the other have said, you would save yourself a lot of messing around by getting rid of the grass.Instead of palnting between the flags you could grow herbs / flowers/bulbs in pots,...
    Hi,As the other have said, you would save yourself a lot of messing around by getting rid of the grass.Instead of palnting between the flags you could grow herbs / flowers/bulbs in pots, easier to move around etc.On a more practical note, do the retaining walls have any drain holes / weep...
    Hi,As the other have said, you would save yourself a lot of messing around by getting rid of the grass.Instead of palnting between the flags you could grow herbs / flowers/bulbs in pots, easier to move around etc.On a more practical note,...
    Hi,As the other have said, you would save yourself a lot of messing around by getting rid of the grass.Instead of palnting between the flags you could grow herbs / flowers/bulbs in pots,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. r2oo

Pruning osteospermum ??

Thank you KFF for your reply & advice. I did wonder if it was too early so I appreciate you confirming this.
    Thank you KFF for your reply & advice. I did wonder if it was too early so I appreciate you confirming this.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Upsydaisy

Can these be a pest....

Thanks @Jiffy and @NigelJ ,the more I learn about it the more I don't think I want it!!:heehee:
    Thanks @Jiffy and @NigelJ ,the more I learn about it the more I don't think I want it!!:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sian in Belgium
    Like x 15

What’s looking good in February 2020

March Thread HereWhat's Looking good in March 2020
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. JWK

Astilbe bare root - which way up to plant ?

Looking good, John!!
    Looking good, John!!
    Looking good, John!!
    Looking good, John!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Moley

Is going cheap on eBay worth the risk?

The slightly frustrating thing with the Chinese is that they do know how to produce stuff that is of good quality and complies with various standards - indeed, many of the worlds biggest names...
    The slightly frustrating thing with the Chinese is that they do know how to produce stuff that is of good quality and complies with various standards - indeed, many of the worlds biggest names (Panasonic, Philips, Volvo being a few that spring to mind) have products made in China because it is...
    The slightly frustrating thing with the Chinese is that they do know how to produce stuff that is of good quality and complies with various standards - indeed, many of the worlds biggest names (Panasonic, Philips, Volvo being a few that spring to...
    The slightly frustrating thing with the Chinese is that they do know how to produce stuff that is of good quality and complies with various standards - indeed, many of the worlds biggest names...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. andrews
    Agree x 5

Garden Centres - Is It Just Me ?

Brilliant - will do. Thanks very much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Jack Sparrow

Primroses

We have pale primroses/primulas and cowslips, as well as strongly coloured ones. They never seem to have any problem growing and surviving (some are 40+ years old) so I wonder if the soil they're...
    We have pale primroses/primulas and cowslips, as well as strongly coloured ones. They never seem to have any problem growing and surviving (some are 40+ years old) so I wonder if the soil they're in isn't right.I always look upon them as being best in the ground and it should encourage them...
    We have pale primroses/primulas and cowslips, as well as strongly coloured ones. They never seem to have any problem growing and surviving (some are 40+ years old) so I wonder if the soil they're in isn't right.I always look upon them as being...
    We have pale primroses/primulas and cowslips, as well as strongly coloured ones. They never seem to have any problem growing and surviving (some are 40+ years old) so I wonder if the soil they're...
    received_472328460320118.jpeg P1220940.JPG P1220944.JPG P1220961.JPG P1230111.JPG P1230112.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sheal

Rhododendron.....

Thank you Cuttings, I'll take a look at those. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. wiseowl

Libertia Chilensis (Grandiflora)

Good evening @andrews and thank you my friend,your reply is very much appreciated:blue thumb:
    Good evening @andrews and thank you my friend,your reply is very much appreciated:blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. andrews

Plant Passports

What are they? ;) :whistle: :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. mazambo

Lily potting help please

Are you growing them in pots ? I assume you are. I use one third Multipurpose compost - third JI no3 - third sand /grit .You'll need a heavy pot for the tree lilys, probably better in the...
    Are you growing them in pots ? I assume you are. I use one third Multipurpose compost - third JI no3 - third sand /grit .You'll need a heavy pot for the tree lilys, probably better in the garden they get taller but will grow fine in a pot.If I was you I buy some more bulbs, twos don't look...
    Are you growing them in pots ? I assume you are. I use one third Multipurpose compost - third JI no3 - third sand /grit .You'll need a heavy pot for the tree lilys, probably better in the garden they get taller but will grow fine in a pot.If...
    Are you growing them in pots ? I assume you are. I use one third Multipurpose compost - third JI no3 - third sand /grit .You'll need a heavy pot for the tree lilys, probably better in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. silu

Bumper crop of...Moss!

I still remove by hand as we don't use chemicals in the garden :noidea:. I used to rake out the moss from some of the lawns and sell it in bags for people to use in their hanging baskets (all money goes...
    I still remove by hand as we don't use chemicals in the garden :noidea:. I used to rake out the moss from some of the lawns and sell it in bags for people to use in their hanging baskets (all money goes to charity) but it's too physical a job for me nowadays :old:
    I still remove by hand as we don't use chemicals in the garden :noidea:. I used to rake out the moss from some of the lawns and sell it in bags for people to use in their hanging baskets (all money goes to charity) but it's too physical a job for me...
    I still remove by hand as we don't use chemicals in the garden :noidea:. I used to rake out the moss from some of the lawns and sell it in bags for people to use in their hanging baskets (all money goes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. TheMadHedger

Hedge-related query

Thanks, sounds good.
    Thanks, sounds good.
    Thanks, sounds good.
    Thanks, sounds good.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ricky101

Syrian Refugees Hydroponics - A simple way ?

Will do ...
    Will do ...
    Will do ...
    Will do ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. NigelJ
    Like x 4

Mild Winter/Early Spring

Don't worry @shiney I've heard of them and read John Wyndham as a youngster, saw the TV series of the Day of the Triffids and the Midwich Cuckoos. More recently enjoyed them as radio adaptations.
    Don't worry @shiney I've heard of them and read John Wyndham as a youngster, saw the TV series of the Day of the Triffids and the Midwich Cuckoos. More recently enjoyed them as radio adaptations.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Howard Stone

Cleaning Limestone Paving

The active ingredient in many of the 'Wet and Forget' type products is Benzalkonium Chloride. Look for a product called BAC50 - which as it's name suggests is 50% water and 50% Benzalkonium...
    The active ingredient in many of the 'Wet and Forget' type products is Benzalkonium Chloride. Look for a product called BAC50 - which as it's name suggests is 50% water and 50% Benzalkonium Chloride. Dilute the BAC50 200ml to 5 litres of water - and you have the same strength 'Wet and Forget'...
    The active ingredient in many of the 'Wet and Forget' type products is Benzalkonium Chloride. Look for a product called BAC50 - which as it's name suggests is 50% water and 50% Benzalkonium Chloride. Dilute the BAC50 200ml to 5 litres of water...
    The active ingredient in many of the 'Wet and Forget' type products is Benzalkonium Chloride. Look for a product called BAC50 - which as it's name suggests is 50% water and 50% Benzalkonium...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice