General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Jack Sparrow

Using Lamb's Ears As In Fill

Haven't the faintest :dunno:. I think they're a bog standard Stachys lanata.They certainly need tidying up but the flowers look good and they're easy to remove. :)
    Haven't the faintest :dunno:. I think they're a bog standard Stachys lanata.They certainly need tidying up but the flowers look good and they're easy to remove. :)
    20190504_120848.jpg P1420016.JPG P1410981.JPG P1290108.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. andrews
    Like x 5

Echium On The Move

This year Ive grown red bugloss and pink fountain. Sowed them on seed compost with a thin covering of compost and they have germinated really well. Sown and germinated in April on the heated...
    This year Ive grown red bugloss and pink fountain. Sowed them on seed compost with a thin covering of compost and they have germinated really well. Sown and germinated in April on the heated bed. I had clear covers over the seed trays for the first week or two.I'd try sowing some of your...
    This year Ive grown red bugloss and pink fountain. Sowed them on seed compost with a thin covering of compost and they have germinated really well. Sown and germinated in April on the heated bed. I had clear covers over the seed trays for the...
    This year Ive grown red bugloss and pink fountain. Sowed them on seed compost with a thin covering of compost and they have germinated really well. Sown and germinated in April on the heated...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Sarah Eley

Everlasting sweet pea failing to thrive

I have an everlasting sweet pea in a pot next to a fence in North Yorks. It is grumpy, bent double and brown.Can anyone help me save it?Many thanks!
    I have an everlasting sweet pea in a pot next to a fence in North Yorks. It is grumpy, bent double and brown.Can anyone help me save it?Many thanks!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Mike Allen

What is this? Can you identify this rose, fuchsia etc?

May be this member was quoting his favourite "The Rambling Rose":old:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ricky101

Golden Privet 'Splitting' ?

Golden privet, in my experience, is very tough and responds well to hard pruning. My experience echoes that of honeybunny :)
    Golden privet, in my experience, is very tough and responds well to hard pruning. My experience echoes that of honeybunny :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley

WHAT’S LOOKING GOOD IN APRIL 2019..

CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. fumanchu

Suggestions for a new border, lots of shade and north facing..?

Will do :) and will buy more seeds too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. fumanchu

Campanula

Ha ha fumanchu....but you have become wiser! :) Earlier today I suddenly doubted myself and dug up campanula Iridescent Bells. Silly billy me! :noidea: Plenty of shoots from an inch or so below soil...
    Ha ha fumanchu....but you have become wiser! :) Earlier today I suddenly doubted myself and dug up campanula Iridescent Bells. Silly billy me! :noidea: Plenty of shoots from an inch or so below soil surface. A thick mulch added to the depth too. I replanted it and hope it doesn’t take offence at my...
    Ha ha fumanchu....but you have become wiser! :) Earlier today I suddenly doubted myself and dug up campanula Iridescent Bells. Silly billy me! :noidea: Plenty of shoots from an inch or so below soil surface. A thick mulch added to the depth too. I...
    Ha ha fumanchu....but you have become wiser! :) Earlier today I suddenly doubted myself and dug up campanula Iridescent Bells. Silly billy me! :noidea: Plenty of shoots from an inch or so below soil...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. MostlyVegsSouthCotswolds

Area Between Fences

thanks for all your responses :)Me-thinks Membrane & Gravel makes the most sense, because unfortunately the Chain-Link can't be disposed of, the House being rented.
    thanks for all your responses :)Me-thinks Membrane & Gravel makes the most sense, because unfortunately the Chain-Link can't be disposed of, the House being rented.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. HarryS

New Acer Care ?

Thanks Nigel and KFF, I'll keep it in a sheltered spot for a few weeks, chilly forecast over the weekend. Then plant it out. :blue thumb:
    Thanks Nigel and KFF, I'll keep it in a sheltered spot for a few weeks, chilly forecast over the weekend. Then plant it out. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Fat Controller
    Friendly x 4

Too late......

Of course. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Jack Sparrow

Aubrieta

KFF matey, I have a keyboard the same as that. Believe I can type, I press all the keys but the letters often come out in the wrong order. Enjoy youre day.
    KFF matey, I have a keyboard the same as that. Believe I can type, I press all the keys but the letters often come out in the wrong order. Enjoy youre day.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. wiseowl

What to put in these containers

Have you planted them up yet @wiseowl ? I just planted 3 Sinnetti into pots for the church.. :thumbsup:
    Have you planted them up yet @wiseowl ? I just planted 3 Sinnetti into pots for the church.. :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. fred88

Plants for large pot, north wall

Yes, nice. Thanks
    Yes, nice. Thanks
    Yes, nice. Thanks
    Yes, nice. Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Cardinal-Red

Planted some lillies - gone wrong already?

One point to remember with your lilies ; check every day for Lily-Beetle and destroy them immediately .Once they get into your plants the devastation will soon become apparent .Scarlet lily...
    One point to remember with your lilies ; check every day for Lily-Beetle and destroy them immediately .Once they get into your plants the devastation will soon become apparent .Scarlet lily beetle - Wikipedia
    One point to remember with your lilies ; check every day for Lily-Beetle and destroy them immediately .Once they get into your plants the devastation will soon become apparent .Scarlet lily beetle - Wikipedia
    One point to remember with your lilies ; check every day for Lily-Beetle and destroy them immediately .Once they get into your plants the devastation will soon become apparent .Scarlet lily...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Matt T

What to plant

Hello Matt :) Hydrangeas? Check out the Paniculata types like Limelight. Flowers all summer. Pruned in early spring it will make a 6’ floriferous shrub :) A camellia would be evergreen and produce...
    Hello Matt :) Hydrangeas? Check out the Paniculata types like Limelight. Flowers all summer. Pruned in early spring it will make a 6’ floriferous shrub :) A camellia would be evergreen and produce white, pink or red flowers in late winter through to spring. I would also plant a hardy geranium in...
    Hello Matt :) Hydrangeas? Check out the Paniculata types like Limelight. Flowers all summer. Pruned in early spring it will make a 6’ floriferous shrub :) A camellia would be evergreen and produce white, pink or red flowers in late winter through...
    Hello Matt :) Hydrangeas? Check out the Paniculata types like Limelight. Flowers all summer. Pruned in early spring it will make a 6’ floriferous shrub :) A camellia would be evergreen and produce...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. mazambo

Giant sunflowers

I think I'll have to repot again this weekend, should they be staked of left?
    20190406_195153.jpg 20190426_134126.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Gazania

fuchsia cuttings?

I use coffee jars to start them off. (Can't get the big round jars any more mind!) Put the pots in the lid of the jar and then screw the inverted jar into the lid. Make sure you refresh the air...
    I use coffee jars to start them off. (Can't get the big round jars any more mind!) Put the pots in the lid of the jar and then screw the inverted jar into the lid. Make sure you refresh the air every day is all. I also had success with the large plastic pop bottles. Put your cuttings on a layer...
    I use coffee jars to start them off. (Can't get the big round jars any more mind!) Put the pots in the lid of the jar and then screw the inverted jar into the lid. Make sure you refresh the air every day is all. I also had success with the large...
    I use coffee jars to start them off. (Can't get the big round jars any more mind!) Put the pots in the lid of the jar and then screw the inverted jar into the lid. Make sure you refresh the air...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Freddy

Evergreen Clematis

Yes, I can just about see those. As you say in a couple of years it will look good and will disguise the trellis. :)
    Yes, I can just about see those. As you say in a couple of years it will look good and will disguise the trellis. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. clum111

How to stake up these....?

I'm inclined (no pun intended) to agree. :blue thumb: I've found that in adverse growing conditions digging up this type of plant and replanting is a last resort. Climate, soil type etc. all come into play. :)
    I'm inclined (no pun intended) to agree. :blue thumb: I've found that in adverse growing conditions digging up this type of plant and replanting is a last resort. Climate, soil type etc. all come into play. :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice