1. THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE 2 MINUTE SILENCE
    IN MEMORY OF ARMANDII

Armandii's chosen charity was Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA) - donations in his memory are welcomed, paid directly to the charity. Please ask a member of Admin for further information.

Dismiss Notice
We have a very sad announcement to make - please see the thread in the link below:

Please Click Here

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Jasmine star

Has anyone grown Aruncus Dioicus?

It's beautiful That's definitely what I'm looking for. I think I'm best buying the plant rather than trying from seed. I'm going on the hunt (virtually) today :heehee:
    It's beautiful That's definitely what I'm looking for. I think I'm best buying the plant rather than trying from seed. I'm going on the hunt (virtually) today :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. cucumber

Clematis growing conditions

Yes the south facing bed maybe why they aren't establishing , they say with clematis feet in the shade head in the sun ( A lot of varieties will grow in shade ) . Add on the brick bed retaining...
    Yes the south facing bed maybe why they aren't establishing , they say with clematis feet in the shade head in the sun ( A lot of varieties will grow in shade ) . Add on the brick bed retaining heat and extra watering required due to it being a raised bed .
    Yes the south facing bed maybe why they aren't establishing , they say with clematis feet in the shade head in the sun ( A lot of varieties will grow in shade ) . Add on the brick bed retaining heat and extra watering required due to it being a...
    Yes the south facing bed maybe why they aren't establishing , they say with clematis feet in the shade head in the sun ( A lot of varieties will grow in shade ) . Add on the brick bed retaining...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. noisette47

Lichen

Well what clear, concise and thoroughly useful replies! Thanks, @NigelJ and @Macraignil
    Well what clear, concise and thoroughly useful replies! Thanks, @NigelJ and @Macraignil
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Fat Controller

Direct sow?

I would love to not have to direct sow, but truthfully I don't have the space to bring enough on in the greenhouse to avoid doing to.I can net stuff (I think I still have netting somewhere) to...
    I would love to not have to direct sow, but truthfully I don't have the space to bring enough on in the greenhouse to avoid doing to.I can net stuff (I think I still have netting somewhere) to offer some protection.Ran into a bit of a brick wall for today though sadly - the compost we had...
    I would love to not have to direct sow, but truthfully I don't have the space to bring enough on in the greenhouse to avoid doing to.I can net stuff (I think I still have netting somewhere) to offer some protection.Ran into a bit of a brick...
    I would love to not have to direct sow, but truthfully I don't have the space to bring enough on in the greenhouse to avoid doing to.I can net stuff (I think I still have netting somewhere) to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. learningardener

Camellia and plant potted saucers ..and wood bark advice

I did not think much about the pros and cons but, I never had root rot issues with potted camellias. The bottom layer of the pot had some gravel, broken crock, coarse wire mesh, coarse pine bark,...
    I did not think much about the pros and cons but, I never had root rot issues with potted camellias. The bottom layer of the pot had some gravel, broken crock, coarse wire mesh, coarse pine bark, etc. But I used that per container suggestions from the American Camellia Society that I found...
    I did not think much about the pros and cons but, I never had root rot issues with potted camellias. The bottom layer of the pot had some gravel, broken crock, coarse wire mesh, coarse pine bark, etc. But I used that per container suggestions...
    I did not think much about the pros and cons but, I never had root rot issues with potted camellias. The bottom layer of the pot had some gravel, broken crock, coarse wire mesh, coarse pine bark,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. mazambo

Lily casa blanca

To be honest I never thought about that, yes you're right. Oh well planted them up and we'll see how they go. I would complain but I ordered 9 bulbs and was sent 15 so won't look a gift horse in...
    To be honest I never thought about that, yes you're right. Oh well planted them up and we'll see how they go. I would complain but I ordered 9 bulbs and was sent 15 so won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    To be honest I never thought about that, yes you're right. Oh well planted them up and we'll see how they go. I would complain but I ordered 9 bulbs and was sent 15 so won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    To be honest I never thought about that, yes you're right. Oh well planted them up and we'll see how they go. I would complain but I ordered 9 bulbs and was sent 15 so won't look a gift horse in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Glynne Williams

Tomatoes for 2021

I've grown from seed taken from supermarket fruit and although they may not come true you usually end up with something pretty close to the original.
    I've grown from seed taken from supermarket fruit and although they may not come true you usually end up with something pretty close to the original.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Episcor

Help identifying a tree

Mysterious.....dying to know, please keep us updated @Episcor
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Bigalmsn

Sandy Soil

If you can keep the ground damp enough, vinca minor spreads far and wide and quickly....sometimes too quickly! Illumination has nice variegation. Soleirolia soleirolii is another one that likes...
    If you can keep the ground damp enough, vinca minor spreads far and wide and quickly....sometimes too quickly! Illumination has nice variegation. Soleirolia soleirolii is another one that likes moisture. Cerastium tomentosum is another thug, but does alright on drier soil. There is quite a few...
    If you can keep the ground damp enough, vinca minor spreads far and wide and quickly....sometimes too quickly! Illumination has nice variegation. Soleirolia soleirolii is another one that likes moisture. Cerastium tomentosum is another thug, but...
    If you can keep the ground damp enough, vinca minor spreads far and wide and quickly....sometimes too quickly! Illumination has nice variegation. Soleirolia soleirolii is another one that likes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. eddybaby

Sad looking hebe!

Thank you :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Victoria
    Agree x 6

Location, Location, Location ...

I thought it was something to do with the hot air coming out of Wigan! :whistle: :roflol:
    I thought it was something to do with the hot air coming out of Wigan! :whistle: :roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ricky101

Growmore Packaging Error

True, Growmore always used to look more whitish grey in the past and came in a round granular form. Picture below is the Growmore we used to sell in the past, it was very clean with hardly any dust.
    True, Growmore always used to look more whitish grey in the past and came in a round granular form. Picture below is the Growmore we used to sell in the past, it was very clean with hardly any dust.
    000507.jpg DSC00900.JPG DSC00901.JPG growmore2-500x500.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Barry79

Prune 3yr Old Laurel Hedge

HiI would level off to 4 feet right across till it all catches up with each other ....Remove any grass at the base so the laurel is not competing for food and water ...I would imagine with...
    HiI would level off to 4 feet right across till it all catches up with each other ....Remove any grass at the base so the laurel is not competing for food and water ...I would imagine with the irregular growth they haven't been watered regularly during the summer/s as they are only young...
    HiI would level off to 4 feet right across till it all catches up with each other ....Remove any grass at the base so the laurel is not competing for food and water ...I would imagine with the irregular growth they haven't been watered...
    HiI would level off to 4 feet right across till it all catches up with each other ....Remove any grass at the base so the laurel is not competing for food and water ...I would imagine with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. hoofy
    Like x 3

Winter bedding plants in shade

That's brilliant @hoofy , such a simple and effective idea.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Lolimac

Muhly Grass...

If anyone is still interested in Muhly grass and want to attempt to grow it from seed I would be happy to send some seed/flower heads for the cost of a stamp. If a certain Mr Biden allows me back...
    If anyone is still interested in Muhly grass and want to attempt to grow it from seed I would be happy to send some seed/flower heads for the cost of a stamp. If a certain Mr Biden allows me back to my house in Florida this October I will have a ready grown supply .
    If anyone is still interested in Muhly grass and want to attempt to grow it from seed I would be happy to send some seed/flower heads for the cost of a stamp. If a certain Mr Biden allows me back to my house in Florida this October I will have a...
    If anyone is still interested in Muhly grass and want to attempt to grow it from seed I would be happy to send some seed/flower heads for the cost of a stamp. If a certain Mr Biden allows me back...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. HarryS

Bay Tree Standard - Supplier?

Going off topic slightly, but I bought a lemon plant from morrisons last summer and picking fruit already. Their plants are really good value and quality if you get there at the right time.
    Going off topic slightly, but I bought a lemon plant from morrisons last summer and picking fruit already. Their plants are really good value and quality if you get there at the right time.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Janet mahay

Need some advice

Hi Ricky you was right but the roots was so tightly bound i did carefully try to loosen some but was unable too so I repoted it more or less the way it was the pot i used was big 5 /6 times...
    Hi Ricky you was right but the roots was so tightly bound i did carefully try to loosen some but was unable too so I repoted it more or less the way it was the pot i used was big 5 /6 times bigger than the black pot l did it 4 days ago and it seems to be doing well used Westland organic...
    Hi Ricky you was right but the roots was so tightly bound i did carefully try to loosen some but was unable too so I repoted it more or less the way it was the pot i used was big 5 /6 times bigger than the black pot l did it 4 days ago and...
    Hi Ricky you was right but the roots was so tightly bound i did carefully try to loosen some but was unable too so I repoted it more or less the way it was the pot i used was big 5 /6 times...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Loofah

Shed

Fair enough Loofah. :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Fredas

Dumb question time. Garden aspect

That depends. If he is anything like me, I am now counting multipurpose compost to help me drift off..:heehee:
    That depends. If he is anything like me, I am now counting multipurpose compost to help me drift off..:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Brian Worthington

How to Hide a Horrible Fence!

Thanks everyone, w went for something really cheap and quick to do - 10 laurel plants for £4 each, half an hour for me to plant them. We can scatter some wild flowers eeds for £5 as well
    Thanks everyone, w went for something really cheap and quick to do - 10 laurel plants for £4 each, half an hour for me to plant them. We can scatter some wild flowers eeds for £5 as well
    IMG_20210311_175731237.jpg IMG_20210313_101148006.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice