1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. charlottehaigh

Female gardeners wanted for Top Sante!

I'm looking for a female gardener, aged 25-40, who's lost weight because of her gardening hobby. You'd need to be able to supply before and after pics, and be happy to have a telephone interview...
    I'm looking for a female gardener, aged 25-40, who's lost weight because of her gardening hobby. You'd need to be able to supply before and after pics, and be happy to have a telephone interview and come to a shoot in London (travel costs covered). If you're interested, please email me:Thanks!
    I'm looking for a female gardener, aged 25-40, who's lost weight because of her gardening hobby. You'd need to be able to supply before and after pics, and be happy to have a telephone interview and come to a shoot in London (travel costs...
    I'm looking for a female gardener, aged 25-40, who's lost weight because of her gardening hobby. You'd need to be able to supply before and after pics, and be happy to have a telephone interview...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Dougy

Conifer height

There is currently no legal height. The government is looking at new legislation but it is taking a long time to finalise.
    There is currently no legal height. The government is looking at new legislation but it is taking a long time to finalise.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Tim and Sophie

Plum choice

Just planning a new garden and thinking about choice of plum trees. We spent a lovely holiday in FRance recently near Nancy where they had lots of Mirabelles, and we loved the jam!Does anyone...
    Just planning a new garden and thinking about choice of plum trees. We spent a lovely holiday in FRance recently near Nancy where they had lots of Mirabelles, and we loved the jam!Does anyone have any experience of these? Are they good croppers? Easy to grow? etc etcWe're keen but not...
    Just planning a new garden and thinking about choice of plum trees. We spent a lovely holiday in FRance recently near Nancy where they had lots of Mirabelles, and we loved the jam!Does anyone have any experience of these? Are they good...
    Just planning a new garden and thinking about choice of plum trees. We spent a lovely holiday in FRance recently near Nancy where they had lots of Mirabelles, and we loved the jam!Does anyone...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. NEW AYRSHIRE

FARMLAND

I LIVE ON FARMLAND WHICH IS INVADED BY COWS AND SHEEP ON OCCASION. I WOULD LIKE TO ASK IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME WHAT KIND OF PLANTS CAN I PLANT AND WHAT TO AVOID SO NOT TO HARM THE LIVESTOCK! IF...
    I LIVE ON FARMLAND WHICH IS INVADED BY COWS AND SHEEP ON OCCASION. I WOULD LIKE TO ASK IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME WHAT KIND OF PLANTS CAN I PLANT AND WHAT TO AVOID SO NOT TO HARM THE LIVESTOCK! IF POSSIBLE I WOULD LIKE TO STAY WITH NATIVE PLANTS SO NOT TO IMPOSE ON THE SURROUNDING AREA.
    I LIVE ON FARMLAND WHICH IS INVADED BY COWS AND SHEEP ON OCCASION. I WOULD LIKE TO ASK IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME WHAT KIND OF PLANTS CAN I PLANT AND WHAT TO AVOID SO NOT TO HARM THE LIVESTOCK! IF POSSIBLE I WOULD LIKE TO STAY WITH NATIVE PLANTS SO...
    I LIVE ON FARMLAND WHICH IS INVADED BY COWS AND SHEEP ON OCCASION. I WOULD LIKE TO ASK IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME WHAT KIND OF PLANTS CAN I PLANT AND WHAT TO AVOID SO NOT TO HARM THE LIVESTOCK! IF...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Murt

Gunnera Manicata

Not grown it myself Murt, wish I had the space. Just guessing but I think its propagated by division, so it should split OK pete
    Not grown it myself Murt, wish I had the space. Just guessing but I think its propagated by division, so it should split OK pete
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. peterjrpowell1

USA Gardening Press

Have a look at davesgarden.com maybe someone there can help
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. hunybunz

care of arum lilies in winter

The first year I grew one I thought I'd lost it over winter it disapeared into a disgusting brown mush. I decided to dig it up and there it was hidding six inches below the surface, it not only...
    The first year I grew one I thought I'd lost it over winter it disapeared into a disgusting brown mush. I decided to dig it up and there it was hidding six inches below the surface, it not only survived but moved house with me and was nearly 3 feet tall last summer.Clear up the mush and wait for...
    The first year I grew one I thought I'd lost it over winter it disapeared into a disgusting brown mush. I decided to dig it up and there it was hidding six inches below the surface, it not only survived but moved house with me and was nearly 3...
    The first year I grew one I thought I'd lost it over winter it disapeared into a disgusting brown mush. I decided to dig it up and there it was hidding six inches below the surface, it not only...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wildman

A GAPPY PROBLEM

HI EVERYBODY THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT COMMENTS REGARDING MY QUESTION.I TAKE EVERYTHING ON BOARD AND OF COURSE WANT TO DO THE BEST THAT I CAN .THE ORIGINAL HEDGE THAT WAS THE PROBLEM HAS BECOME...
    HI EVERYBODY THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT COMMENTS REGARDING MY QUESTION.I TAKE EVERYTHING ON BOARD AND OF COURSE WANT TO DO THE BEST THAT I CAN .THE ORIGINAL HEDGE THAT WAS THE PROBLEM HAS BECOME VERY LEGGY AND WAS VERY TOP HEAVY CAUSING GAPS TO APPEAR .I WONT TAKE IT OUT BUT WILL FILL THE GAPS...
    HI EVERYBODY THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT COMMENTS REGARDING MY QUESTION.I TAKE EVERYTHING ON BOARD AND OF COURSE WANT TO DO THE BEST THAT I CAN .THE ORIGINAL HEDGE THAT WAS THE PROBLEM HAS BECOME VERY LEGGY AND WAS VERY TOP HEAVY CAUSING GAPS TO...
    HI EVERYBODY THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT COMMENTS REGARDING MY QUESTION.I TAKE EVERYTHING ON BOARD AND OF COURSE WANT TO DO THE BEST THAT I CAN .THE ORIGINAL HEDGE THAT WAS THE PROBLEM HAS BECOME...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Pauline Adams

Seeds

Arwyn..glad your begonias are O.K...gives me some hope for my second batch. Wish me Luck!
    Arwyn..glad your begonias are O.K...gives me some hope for my second batch. Wish me Luck!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Mimi

fast growing evergreen climber

I am going to try Trachelospermum I looked it up on Google and it seems ideal, �£6-99 at our local nursery 3ft seemed a good buy.
    I am going to try Trachelospermum I looked it up on Google and it seems ideal, �£6-99 at our local nursery 3ft seemed a good buy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. fothers

carnationspinks

Foxtrot you can take cuttings from now on on any carnations and pinks, a bit of rooting powder and bottomn heat will help. Best about 2-3" no longer, cut just below a notch. A bit shorter on...
    Foxtrot you can take cuttings from now on on any carnations and pinks, a bit of rooting powder and bottomn heat will help. Best about 2-3" no longer, cut just below a notch. A bit shorter on pinks.
    Foxtrot you can take cuttings from now on on any carnations and pinks, a bit of rooting powder and bottomn heat will help. Best about 2-3" no longer, cut just below a notch. A bit shorter on pinks.
    Foxtrot you can take cuttings from now on on any carnations and pinks, a bit of rooting powder and bottomn heat will help. Best about 2-3" no longer, cut just below a notch. A bit shorter on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. arwyn

hanging baskets

Arwyn,I recently purchased from an online site called www.mrnurseries.co.uk and found them very useful. There advice and support was truly fantastic, and they supplied me goods not listed in...
    Arwyn,I recently purchased from an online site called www.mrnurseries.co.uk and found them very useful. There advice and support was truly fantastic, and they supplied me goods not listed in their site when I e-mailed them with a request. Its worth checking out.B&Q or Homebase are great for...
    Arwyn,I recently purchased from an online site called www.mrnurseries.co.uk and found them very useful. There advice and support was truly fantastic, and they supplied me goods not listed in their site when I e-mailed them with a request. Its...
    Arwyn,I recently purchased from an online site called www.mrnurseries.co.uk and found them very useful. There advice and support was truly fantastic, and they supplied me goods not listed in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. rosietutu

Phygelius

Its one of the things that makes each gardening year so exciting..the anticipation
    Its one of the things that makes each gardening year so exciting..the anticipation
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. BTTB

MOVING AN ACER

Dig out the largest rootball you can manage, at least (30cm) all round the trunk. Slide thick polythene sheeting under the rootball and it will move (slide easily). Dig a larger hole to replant...
    Dig out the largest rootball you can manage, at least (30cm) all round the trunk. Slide thick polythene sheeting under the rootball and it will move (slide easily). Dig a larger hole to replant and replant at exactly the same level as it was before. Sprinkle some fertiliser in the backfill soil....
    Dig out the largest rootball you can manage, at least (30cm) all round the trunk. Slide thick polythene sheeting under the rootball and it will move (slide easily). Dig a larger hole to replant and replant at exactly the same level as it was...
    Dig out the largest rootball you can manage, at least (30cm) all round the trunk. Slide thick polythene sheeting under the rootball and it will move (slide easily). Dig a larger hole to replant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. revin helen

pest plants

Penlan thanks, from me too. Alchemilla mollis (Dewcup)is a wonderful useful herb for the expectant Mothers and older Mums,the list is endless. TV programs ??? They make me sick job for the...
    Penlan thanks, from me too. Alchemilla mollis (Dewcup)is a wonderful useful herb for the expectant Mothers and older Mums,the list is endless. TV programs ??? They make me sick job for the very not so experienced gardener, all for money. I have been in growing all my life, could answer...
    Penlan thanks, from me too. Alchemilla mollis (Dewcup)is a wonderful useful herb for the expectant Mothers and older Mums,the list is endless. TV programs ??? They make me sick job for the very not so experienced gardener, all for money. I...
    Penlan thanks, from me too. Alchemilla mollis (Dewcup)is a wonderful useful herb for the expectant Mothers and older Mums,the list is endless. TV programs ??? They make me sick job for the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Buttercup

Seeds dilemma

Hi Buttercup If you have a 'Poundland' see if they have a salad pack of seeds - beetroot,tomatoes,spring onions,lettuce and herbs I tried these a couple of years ago and was not disapointed. For...
    Hi Buttercup If you have a 'Poundland' see if they have a salad pack of seeds - beetroot,tomatoes,spring onions,lettuce and herbs I tried these a couple of years ago and was not disapointed. For a change this year I have joined HDRA (Organic gardening}and collected 7 packets of seeds from them....
    Hi Buttercup If you have a 'Poundland' see if they have a salad pack of seeds - beetroot,tomatoes,spring onions,lettuce and herbs I tried these a couple of years ago and was not disapointed. For a change this year I have joined HDRA (Organic...
    Hi Buttercup If you have a 'Poundland' see if they have a salad pack of seeds - beetroot,tomatoes,spring onions,lettuce and herbs I tried these a couple of years ago and was not disapointed. For...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. loraine

mulches

they'll have to bring the price down for that to catch on. :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jane91

Raised Beds

hey janie, there is a reclaimed timber yard just over the hill from me - on manor lane, sheffield - you could perhaps get some old sleepers and build up your raised beds that way. You could do...
    hey janie, there is a reclaimed timber yard just over the hill from me - on manor lane, sheffield - you could perhaps get some old sleepers and build up your raised beds that way. You could do what we are doing and do/buy a bit each week/fortnight/month? havent priced up old sleepers but i think...
    hey janie, there is a reclaimed timber yard just over the hill from me - on manor lane, sheffield - you could perhaps get some old sleepers and build up your raised beds that way. You could do what we are doing and do/buy a bit each...
    hey janie, there is a reclaimed timber yard just over the hill from me - on manor lane, sheffield - you could perhaps get some old sleepers and build up your raised beds that way. You could do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Elizabeth B

Artemisia and Crocosmia

Thanks Revin. I'll take the appropriate action!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. suey

a barren wasteland!

yes, a lovely idea, but i have 4 year old twin boys who love playing football, so i fear any flowers will end up squashed! would be nice though! sue
    yes, a lovely idea, but i have 4 year old twin boys who love playing football, so i fear any flowers will end up squashed! would be nice though! sue
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice