Our New Garden :)

Love the gentle colours of the petals!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. BML

Using a weed killer. Better to use w watering can or a pump spray?

Many thanks all of you for some very helpful advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ennnceee

Under/over water?

It does always readily take up the litre of water from the bottom. I presume it would do that even if overwatered, would it?
    It does always readily take up the litre of water from the bottom. I presume it would do that even if overwatered, would it?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. trogre

Clematis Wilt??

Check for stem damage first.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. CanadianLori

When you grow perennials from seed, do you wait until fall to plant out?

If you can store tubers ok in the cellar I cant see why lots of the smaller stuff cant be overwintered in a similar way, maybe just be careful not to let the pots dry out.
    If you can store tubers ok in the cellar I cant see why lots of the smaller stuff cant be overwintered in a similar way, maybe just be careful not to let the pots dry out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. BigC
    Like x 5

New Tree Day

Now that's what I call a bonsai. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mazambo
    Like x 3

Isn't that just the way.

Bought a replacement for my dead agastache red fortune, and...
    20220603_200340.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jasmine star

Vine weevil in Acers.

The stuff I bought was the BugClear Ultra Vine Weevil Killer Concentrate 480ML.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. impreza280

250 box plants (buxus sempervirens) - what to do with them now

I wonder if a local hedging company would be interested. Might even come out and dig them up, in the autumn, although what mess they would leave behind is a possible problem .:biggrin:
    I wonder if a local hedging company would be interested. Might even come out and dig them up, in the autumn, although what mess they would leave behind is a possible problem .:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. paultall90

Dahlia problem

I have a lot of a particular variety, some are a bare inch out of the ground, others about 2ft and budding. Think it's just a weird year but you simply need to give the tuber time to beef up
    I have a lot of a particular variety, some are a bare inch out of the ground, others about 2ft and budding. Think it's just a weird year but you simply need to give the tuber time to beef up
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. shiney

What's Looking Good In May 2022

New Thread Here:-What's Looking Good In June 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. roders
    Like x 5

Chelsea ,Best In Show…What do YOU think.

HEY! I'm one of those and there's really no need to talk about us like that! :nonofinger::roflol:Nick
    HEY! I'm one of those and there's really no need to talk about us like that! :nonofinger::roflol:Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mazambo

Dichondra silver falls?

Yes definitely, I know what you mean by the flatness, I'm thinking that can be rectified by something taller in the centre or something like Bacopa draping over the flat top.
    Yes definitely, I know what you mean by the flatness, I'm thinking that can be rectified by something taller in the centre or something like Bacopa draping over the flat top.
    20220526_205543.jpg 20220528_230511.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. daisybelle

Have I been had?

@daisybelle You might want to try Naturescape next year for more success, not available ATM but they specifically state that theirs are "English bluebells" and everything I have had from them...
    @daisybelle You might want to try Naturescape next year for more success, not available ATM but they specifically state that theirs are "English bluebells" and everything I have had from them classed as a British native has been correct. :) Unfortunately, I would seriously consider the rather...
    @daisybelle You might want to try Naturescape next year for more success, not available ATM but they specifically state that theirs are "English bluebells" and everything I have had from them classed as a British native has been correct. :)...
    @daisybelle You might want to try Naturescape next year for more success, not available ATM but they specifically state that theirs are "English bluebells" and everything I have had from them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. mazambo

Category 2 clematis pruning.

Thanks @Perki hopefully I can digest that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mazambo

Gladioli question

Hi everyone, this year has been about trying out old seed and growing plants I've never grown before one being gladioli. I planted 20 bulbs in a raised bed in a carefully worked out pattern and...
    Hi everyone, this year has been about trying out old seed and growing plants I've never grown before one being gladioli. I planted 20 bulbs in a raised bed in a carefully worked out pattern and from what I'm seeing I'm presuming they wander a bit, is that right?
    Hi everyone, this year has been about trying out old seed and growing plants I've never grown before one being gladioli. I planted 20 bulbs in a raised bed in a carefully worked out pattern and from what I'm seeing I'm presuming they wander a...
    Hi everyone, this year has been about trying out old seed and growing plants I've never grown before one being gladioli. I planted 20 bulbs in a raised bed in a carefully worked out pattern and...
    20220522_195417.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Howard Stone

Is there a way to fox proof my irrigation system?

I've noticed foxes have chewed my watering cans, (plastic) on the allotment, I have a few scattered around. I wonder if they are trying to get water in dry periods.Maybe lay out some clean...
    I've noticed foxes have chewed my watering cans, (plastic) on the allotment, I have a few scattered around. I wonder if they are trying to get water in dry periods.Maybe lay out some clean water for them in bowls.But if its cubs doing it its probably just a game to them.
    I've noticed foxes have chewed my watering cans, (plastic) on the allotment, I have a few scattered around. I wonder if they are trying to get water in dry periods.Maybe lay out some clean water for them in bowls.But if its cubs doing it its...
    I've noticed foxes have chewed my watering cans, (plastic) on the allotment, I have a few scattered around. I wonder if they are trying to get water in dry periods.Maybe lay out some clean...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Loofah

Butts

@Loofah I must admit I have 2 of them either side of the terrace by the sitting room, and 3 more ugly ones taking water from the glasshouse where they are less obvious. Around here you can buy big...
    @Loofah I must admit I have 2 of them either side of the terrace by the sitting room, and 3 more ugly ones taking water from the glasshouse where they are less obvious. Around here you can buy big plastic drums and IBC from farmers very cheap. I am thinking of getting an IBC and windscreen...
    @Loofah I must admit I have 2 of them either side of the terrace by the sitting room, and 3 more ugly ones taking water from the glasshouse where they are less obvious. Around here you can buy big plastic drums and IBC from farmers very cheap. I...
    @Loofah I must admit I have 2 of them either side of the terrace by the sitting room, and 3 more ugly ones taking water from the glasshouse where they are less obvious. Around here you can buy big...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. BigC

Iris gracilipes "alba"

I've tried making contact to no avail and their list on site does not include the plant. thanks for checking
    I've tried making contact to no avail and their list on site does not include the plant. thanks for checking
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Claire McCarthy

Leggy Verbena

:dbgrtmb:Apologies, I must have alerts turned off or something, never saw these replies. Yes, I have them as ground cover in a reasonably big flowerbed. I ended up just leaving them and they’re starting to...
    :dbgrtmb:Apologies, I must have alerts turned off or something, never saw these replies. Yes, I have them as ground cover in a reasonably big flowerbed. I ended up just leaving them and they’re starting to flower now, still leggy but plenty of buds growing :)
    :dbgrtmb:Apologies, I must have alerts turned off or something, never saw these replies. Yes, I have them as ground cover in a reasonably big flowerbed. I ended up just leaving them and they’re starting to flower now, still leggy but plenty of buds growing :)
    :dbgrtmb:Apologies, I must have alerts turned off or something, never saw these replies. Yes, I have them as ground cover in a reasonably big flowerbed. I ended up just leaving them and they’re starting to...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice