Thanks I have never grown them but I now have a better idea :ThankYou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. alana

Editing Garden for 2019

Heathen! :heehee:Given your soil conditions you could do worse than Salvia sclarea............. Salvia sclarea var. turkestanica by longk48, on FlickrOnce established it has a very long season and...
    Heathen! :heehee:Given your soil conditions you could do worse than Salvia sclarea............. Salvia sclarea var. turkestanica by longk48, on FlickrOnce established it has a very long season and puts on a terrific show.............. Salvia sclarea var. turkestanica by longk48, on FlickrSalvia...
    Heathen! :heehee:Given your soil conditions you could do worse than Salvia sclarea............. Salvia sclarea var. turkestanica by longk48, on FlickrOnce established it has a very long season and puts on a terrific show.............. Salvia sclarea...
    Heathen! :heehee:Given your soil conditions you could do worse than Salvia sclarea............. Salvia sclarea var. turkestanica by longk48, on FlickrOnce established it has a very long season and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. eddybaby

Japanese Maple Looking a Bit Sad

Hi there. I planted this earlier this year as a new plant and it's thrived so far. As I've never had one before I'm not sure if the leaf drop in the middle and the grey coloured stems are normal?...
    Hi there. I planted this earlier this year as a new plant and it's thrived so far. As I've never had one before I'm not sure if the leaf drop in the middle and the grey coloured stems are normal? Or is there something wrong??? Thank you.
    Hi there. I planted this earlier this year as a new plant and it's thrived so far. As I've never had one before I'm not sure if the leaf drop in the middle and the grey coloured stems are normal? Or is there something wrong??? Thank you.
    Hi there. I planted this earlier this year as a new plant and it's thrived so far. As I've never had one before I'm not sure if the leaf drop in the middle and the grey coloured stems are normal?...
    20181021_114845.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Freddy

Geopod

Yes. Essentially I have 20 ft of those string lights altogether for each area. That's assuming they have the same [email protected] that loks like a good deal!
    Yes. Essentially I have 20 ft of those string lights altogether for each area. That's assuming they have the same [email protected] that loks like a good deal!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. eddybaby

Coriander

UPDATE Well the coriander is faring well. I'm covering it at night and then exposing it to all this lovely sunshine we've been having during the day. So far so good. :dbgrtmb:
    UPDATE Well the coriander is faring well. I'm covering it at night and then exposing it to all this lovely sunshine we've been having during the day. So far so good. :dbgrtmb:
    20180918_120421.jpg 20181020_140608.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jack Sparrow

Garden planting stage 1

This is about as much as I can to this for now. It actually looks a lot better in life than it does in this photo. There are also a few spring bulbs dotted about in there that should brighten it...
    This is about as much as I can to this for now. It actually looks a lot better in life than it does in this photo. There are also a few spring bulbs dotted about in there that should brighten it up a bit.Next year (hopefully) I shall be in a position to fill in the gap behind the barrel and...
    This is about as much as I can to this for now. It actually looks a lot better in life than it does in this photo. There are also a few spring bulbs dotted about in there that should brighten it up a bit.Next year (hopefully) I shall be in a...
    This is about as much as I can to this for now. It actually looks a lot better in life than it does in this photo. There are also a few spring bulbs dotted about in there that should brighten it...
    20180407_152655.jpg 20180508_195408.jpg 20180508_195429.jpg 20180508_195439.jpg 20180509_123507.jpg geum tangerine sept 17.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. silu

Which would you move?

Excellent Silu :) Feedback is always great. Thanks :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jack Sparrow
    Like x 5

Creating winter interest.

My summer hanging baskets are now well and truly dead ( apart from the ivy of course). Is there anything I can put in them to see them through the winter?G.
    My summer hanging baskets are now well and truly dead ( apart from the ivy of course). Is there anything I can put in them to see them through the winter?G.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg 1537708_10205094801393518_8041944611099822157_o.jpg 200_s.gif 20171027_140341.jpg tree garden mock up 2017.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Selleri

Is it worth saving my Gladiolus bulbs?

Here in the Cotswolds it gets disproportionately cold and they survive. The only ones that I ever needed to lift was Gladiolus murielae (Acidanthera).
    Here in the Cotswolds it gets disproportionately cold and they survive. The only ones that I ever needed to lift was Gladiolus murielae (Acidanthera).
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Mike Allen

YOU and todays 'Climate change'.

September 15, 1979, I have watched that date since then. the weather is always the same. Perfect blue skies, puffy white clouds, never rains. Rains on the 14th sometime, and yes on the 13th....
    September 15, 1979, I have watched that date since then. the weather is always the same. Perfect blue skies, puffy white clouds, never rains. Rains on the 14th sometime, and yes on the 13th. But never on the 15th. And the temp a lovely 72 degrees always. So my little study says, I see...
    September 15, 1979, I have watched that date since then. the weather is always the same. Perfect blue skies, puffy white clouds, never rains. Rains on the 14th sometime, and yes on the 13th. But never on the 15th. And the temp a lovely 72...
    September 15, 1979, I have watched that date since then. the weather is always the same. Perfect blue skies, puffy white clouds, never rains. Rains on the 14th sometime, and yes on the 13th....
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. trogre

Fuchsia Triphylla Koralle Cuttings

I've only grown Thallia of this type, I'm not really a fuchsia grower as such.But I usually take cuttings in spring from new growth, or a couple of months ago, to overwinter. Usually try to find...
    I've only grown Thallia of this type, I'm not really a fuchsia grower as such.But I usually take cuttings in spring from new growth, or a couple of months ago, to overwinter. Usually try to find a non flowering shoot with the leaves in threes around the stem. You get a bushier plant that way.
    I've only grown Thallia of this type, I'm not really a fuchsia grower as such.But I usually take cuttings in spring from new growth, or a couple of months ago, to overwinter. Usually try to find a non flowering shoot with the leaves in threes...
    I've only grown Thallia of this type, I'm not really a fuchsia grower as such.But I usually take cuttings in spring from new growth, or a couple of months ago, to overwinter. Usually try to find...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. trogre

Overwintering Fuschias

Prune mine back,hang in garage by window,leave them till signs of fresh shoots,bring into conservatory,usually works out.
    Prune mine back,hang in garage by window,leave them till signs of fresh shoots,bring into conservatory,usually works out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Bfm

Advice on what to plant along fence in shade

Totally agree with replies by our friends. Locally to me, the council has over the past two years, really gone to town on the roadside trees. Sadly not all have recovered.Partly my previous...
    Totally agree with replies by our friends. Locally to me, the council has over the past two years, really gone to town on the roadside trees. Sadly not all have recovered.Partly my previous comment was intended for you to get upto date infomation from your local council as this is where the...
    Totally agree with replies by our friends. Locally to me, the council has over the past two years, really gone to town on the roadside trees. Sadly not all have recovered.Partly my previous comment was intended for you to get upto date...
    Totally agree with replies by our friends. Locally to me, the council has over the past two years, really gone to town on the roadside trees. Sadly not all have recovered.Partly my previous...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. shermanator

Slippery decking in garden.

Hello everyone, i just thought id let you know how these products were. I ordered the 'decking strips' from a place called Dinogrip. They actually turned out really well and i thought id let you...
    Hello everyone, i just thought id let you know how these products were. I ordered the 'decking strips' from a place called Dinogrip. They actually turned out really well and i thought id let you know i am incredibly pleased with them. I ordered them in brown to match my decking but they have...
    Hello everyone, i just thought id let you know how these products were. I ordered the 'decking strips' from a place called Dinogrip. They actually turned out really well and i thought id let you know i am incredibly pleased with them. I ordered...
    Hello everyone, i just thought id let you know how these products were. I ordered the 'decking strips' from a place called Dinogrip. They actually turned out really well and i thought id let you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Annemieke

how do get rid of bamboo?

So, it is down to choices and risks!:noidea: Not everyone will have a rampant bamboo lifting conservatory floors or patio slabs but many will and do. Personally, I am glad I removed my yellow and...
    So, it is down to choices and risks!:noidea: Not everyone will have a rampant bamboo lifting conservatory floors or patio slabs but many will and do. Personally, I am glad I removed my yellow and black bamboos after one year.......their roots had spread deep and wide in that time. The real damage...
    So, it is down to choices and risks!:noidea: Not everyone will have a rampant bamboo lifting conservatory floors or patio slabs but many will and do. Personally, I am glad I removed my yellow and black bamboos after one year.......their roots had...
    So, it is down to choices and risks!:noidea: Not everyone will have a rampant bamboo lifting conservatory floors or patio slabs but many will and do. Personally, I am glad I removed my yellow and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. silu

Physocarpus Diabolo

Silu, Love foliage too :) Best of both worlds here .......free draining soil and mild temps.....but you are right about the wet soil over winter. Even the Beast from the East was not a problem...
    Silu, Love foliage too :) Best of both worlds here .......free draining soil and mild temps.....but you are right about the wet soil over winter. Even the Beast from the East was not a problem here I have several yellow leafed shrubs but Darts Gold is one I dont have........it would go well with...
    Silu, Love foliage too :) Best of both worlds here .......free draining soil and mild temps.....but you are right about the wet soil over winter. Even the Beast from the East was not a problem here I have several yellow leafed shrubs but Darts...
    Silu, Love foliage too :) Best of both worlds here .......free draining soil and mild temps.....but you are right about the wet soil over winter. Even the Beast from the East was not a problem...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. JWK

Narcissi and Hyacinth prepared bulbs - should they be sprouting now?

Certainly the "Paperwhite" don''t look clever to me. If I was you @JWK I'd be inclined to contact the seller and maybe send them the photos you have shown us if they need proof. I have in the past...
    Certainly the "Paperwhite" don''t look clever to me. If I was you @JWK I'd be inclined to contact the seller and maybe send them the photos you have shown us if they need proof. I have in the past bought Hyacinths which were being sold cheaply as they had started to sprout. They did fine but if...
    Certainly the "Paperwhite" don''t look clever to me. If I was you @JWK I'd be inclined to contact the seller and maybe send them the photos you have shown us if they need proof. I have in the past bought Hyacinths which were being sold cheaply as...
    Certainly the "Paperwhite" don''t look clever to me. If I was you @JWK I'd be inclined to contact the seller and maybe send them the photos you have shown us if they need proof. I have in the past...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. eddybaby

Rhubarb Rhubarb Rhubarb

Hi eddybaby, well, keeping Rhubarb in the dark is okay for forcing the new tender shoots, but really. it does do best in sunshine or light shade.:dunno: I dig my 40 year old Rhubarb completely up every...
    Hi eddybaby, well, keeping Rhubarb in the dark is okay for forcing the new tender shoots, but really. it does do best in sunshine or light shade.:dunno: I dig my 40 year old Rhubarb completely up every 5 or 6 years and just use a outer new piece to grow on.:coffee::snorky:
    Hi eddybaby, well, keeping Rhubarb in the dark is okay for forcing the new tender shoots, but really. it does do best in sunshine or light shade.:dunno: I dig my 40 year old Rhubarb completely up every 5 or 6 years and just use a outer new piece to...
    Hi eddybaby, well, keeping Rhubarb in the dark is okay for forcing the new tender shoots, but really. it does do best in sunshine or light shade.:dunno: I dig my 40 year old Rhubarb completely up every...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. RobAa

Japanese creeper fell down, what to do?

Hi RobAa Depends if it's attached to a wall by suckers or attached to a treliss, I don't think there's much you can do if it was attached directly on the wall (unless you gaffer tape it to the...
    Hi RobAa Depends if it's attached to a wall by suckers or attached to a treliss, I don't think there's much you can do if it was attached directly on the wall (unless you gaffer tape it to the wall until it starts regrowing next year, but that's a bit extreme I know) failing that you would have...
    Hi RobAa Depends if it's attached to a wall by suckers or attached to a treliss, I don't think there's much you can do if it was attached directly on the wall (unless you gaffer tape it to the wall until it starts regrowing next year, but that's...
    Hi RobAa Depends if it's attached to a wall by suckers or attached to a treliss, I don't think there's much you can do if it was attached directly on the wall (unless you gaffer tape it to the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. minimadj

Thorny fast growing climbing plant

How about roses? Ramblers or full climbers. Or a rubus eg cockburnianus
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice