1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Davey.Lad

Masking animal smells

there is a nice bush you might like to try, that's evergreen (or rather, yellow!) with white flowers, and a scent - choisya ternata sundance ,...
    there is a nice bush you might like to try, that's evergreen (or rather, yellow!) with white flowers, and a scent - choisya ternata sundance , http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/plant_pages/1125.shtml and a winter flowering one -...
    there is a nice bush you might like to try, that's evergreen (or rather, yellow!) with white flowers, and a scent - choisya ternata sundance , http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/plant_pages/1125.shtml and a winter flowering one -...
    there is a nice bush you might like to try, that's evergreen (or rather, yellow!) with white flowers, and a scent - choisya ternata sundance ,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. strongylodon

Albizia Summer Chocolate

I think I will bring them inside as it might get too cool to ripen. There ae a few pics of Summer Choc on goolge mainly in sub tropical areas so the colour may be more intense there. There are...
    I think I will bring them inside as it might get too cool to ripen. There ae a few pics of Summer Choc on goolge mainly in sub tropical areas so the colour may be more intense there. There are some more seeds offered on ebay from France but I'll make do with what I have.
    I think I will bring them inside as it might get too cool to ripen. There ae a few pics of Summer Choc on goolge mainly in sub tropical areas so the colour may be more intense there. There are some more seeds offered on ebay from France but I'll...
    I think I will bring them inside as it might get too cool to ripen. There ae a few pics of Summer Choc on goolge mainly in sub tropical areas so the colour may be more intense there. There are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Stingo

Hard work

I bought Ann a new lawnmower :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. heatherbee

yellow dahlias

hello have grown dahlias this year for the first time they are flowering beautifully but the leaves look abit sick!they are dark green with paler green veins in the middle.I grow on chalk but have...
    hello have grown dahlias this year for the first time they are flowering beautifully but the leaves look abit sick!they are dark green with paler green veins in the middle.I grow on chalk but have recently mulched all of the garden with recycled material .Any ideas please on what this could be...
    hello have grown dahlias this year for the first time they are flowering beautifully but the leaves look abit sick!they are dark green with paler green veins in the middle.I grow on chalk but have recently mulched all of the garden with recycled...
    hello have grown dahlias this year for the first time they are flowering beautifully but the leaves look abit sick!they are dark green with paler green veins in the middle.I grow on chalk but have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. PLOTTY

THIS WEEK'S UPDATE POSTED 06/10/2006

Excellend Steve, and thanks for sharing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Scotkat

How is your weather today

That's a lovely picture of narcissus and winter berries Hornbeam, how unusual is that combination?You really are early in your garden.
    That's a lovely picture of narcissus and winter berries Hornbeam, how unusual is that combination?You really are early in your garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Scotkat

Dwarf chrisanthamums

Scotkat - I am no expert, but I was told some are sold as 'garden mums' and are hardy, and some are 'pot mums' and are not hardy. The garden mums I bought two years ago survived outside over...
    Scotkat - I am no expert, but I was told some are sold as 'garden mums' and are hardy, and some are 'pot mums' and are not hardy. The garden mums I bought two years ago survived outside over winter. I was also told that they are sprayed with a growth retardant to keep them small, but in...
    Scotkat - I am no expert, but I was told some are sold as 'garden mums' and are hardy, and some are 'pot mums' and are not hardy. The garden mums I bought two years ago survived outside over winter. I was also told that they are sprayed with a...
    Scotkat - I am no expert, but I was told some are sold as 'garden mums' and are hardy, and some are 'pot mums' and are not hardy. The garden mums I bought two years ago survived outside over...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. windy miller

Windys' Plans

Yay!! Baby trachycarpus is now in the ground As is one of my bamboos Unfortunately, eye candy gardening helper isn't back here til Monday, so can't go much further til then. Just soil...
    Yay!! Baby trachycarpus is now in the ground As is one of my bamboos Unfortunately, eye candy gardening helper isn't back here til Monday, so can't go much further til then. Just soil titivation and clearing up the hedge cuttings for me til then. I tentatively planted out one of my Mina...
    Yay!! Baby trachycarpus is now in the ground As is one of my bamboos Unfortunately, eye candy gardening helper isn't back here til Monday, so can't go much further til then. Just soil titivation and clearing up the hedge cuttings for me...
    Yay!! Baby trachycarpus is now in the ground As is one of my bamboos Unfortunately, eye candy gardening helper isn't back here til Monday, so can't go much further til then. Just soil...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Daisies

I don't BELIEVE it!

We have some catkins in the herb/wildflower section that have come early..their are a lot of strange happenings..my opium poppys came back for a second appearance in the last two weeks..
    We have some catkins in the herb/wildflower section that have come early..their are a lot of strange happenings..my opium poppys came back for a second appearance in the last two weeks..
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Hornbeam

Neoregelia

Thanks Strongy - will follow your advice gratefully.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Banana Man

FAO Waco

Cheers dendy, I had forgotten that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Celia

Californian Firecracker

I've just bought some of these bulbs and this is part of the instructions on the packet "Cover in winter for strong frost for flowering next year". Does it mean that if I cover them I will get a...
    I've just bought some of these bulbs and this is part of the instructions on the packet "Cover in winter for strong frost for flowering next year". Does it mean that if I cover them I will get a strong frost? Seriously, would I be better staring them off in a cold greenhouse and plant out after...
    I've just bought some of these bulbs and this is part of the instructions on the packet "Cover in winter for strong frost for flowering next year". Does it mean that if I cover them I will get a strong frost? Seriously, would I be better staring...
    I've just bought some of these bulbs and this is part of the instructions on the packet "Cover in winter for strong frost for flowering next year". Does it mean that if I cover them I will get a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. marge

Aeonium Swarzkopf

Ta Windy - will look it up. Maybe I could keep it in a pot and just put it where I want it in the summer
    Ta Windy - will look it up. Maybe I could keep it in a pot and just put it where I want it in the summer
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. MoonLoon

Geraniums blooming marvelous

Moonloon have you tried imageshack to resize.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. neilskeates

weed killer

I feel that flame throwers in this day and age should be avoided for all the non-green reasons and for the sake of the hundreds of bugs being killed which are beneficial too.
    I feel that flame throwers in this day and age should be avoided for all the non-green reasons and for the sake of the hundreds of bugs being killed which are beneficial too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fran

Ruellia

Thanks Dave for all the information on Strobilanthes. I've had the plant from a cutting for 7 years, and am glad to hear that the cuttings I took after it split are likely to do well. I have never...
    Thanks Dave for all the information on Strobilanthes. I've had the plant from a cutting for 7 years, and am glad to hear that the cuttings I took after it split are likely to do well. I have never seen it here, and yes it can look a bit straggly at times, but oh those leaves.Thanks also for...
    Thanks Dave for all the information on Strobilanthes. I've had the plant from a cutting for 7 years, and am glad to hear that the cuttings I took after it split are likely to do well. I have never seen it here, and yes it can look a bit straggly...
    Thanks Dave for all the information on Strobilanthes. I've had the plant from a cutting for 7 years, and am glad to hear that the cuttings I took after it split are likely to do well. I have never...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. PLOTTY

THIS WEEK'S UPDATE POSTED

Thanks badsal72 for your kind comments, a good idea as your plot tends to get swampy, you will find that the soil in your raised beds will drain much better and also warm up quicker in the Spring,...
    Thanks badsal72 for your kind comments, a good idea as your plot tends to get swampy, you will find that the soil in your raised beds will drain much better and also warm up quicker in the Spring, the paths will enable you to continue to work on your plot even if the weather is poor, regards Steve.
    Thanks badsal72 for your kind comments, a good idea as your plot tends to get swampy, you will find that the soil in your raised beds will drain much better and also warm up quicker in the Spring, the paths will enable you to continue to work on...
    Thanks badsal72 for your kind comments, a good idea as your plot tends to get swampy, you will find that the soil in your raised beds will drain much better and also warm up quicker in the Spring,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. morticia

Help

I felt the same way about my back garden but eventually thought enough is enough and got some gardeners in... best decision i've made. I had quotes for �£5K but these guys did it for �£3K and...
    I felt the same way about my back garden but eventually thought enough is enough and got some gardeners in... best decision i've made. I had quotes for �£5K but these guys did it for �£3K and made a top class job.Have you considered having a multi level garden and putting all that earth to...
    I felt the same way about my back garden but eventually thought enough is enough and got some gardeners in... best decision i've made. I had quotes for �£5K but these guys did it for �£3K and made a top class job.Have you considered having...
    I felt the same way about my back garden but eventually thought enough is enough and got some gardeners in... best decision i've made. I had quotes for �£5K but these guys did it for �£3K and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. sawfish

growing ornamental grass

Good morning! I wonder if anyone could give me some advice on feeding/caring for my pampas grass. It is planted in a container in a very exposed coastal location , its now 3 years old and this...
    Good morning! I wonder if anyone could give me some advice on feeding/caring for my pampas grass. It is planted in a container in a very exposed coastal location , its now 3 years old and this season's plumes have just appeared.I haven't really done anything in particular to it before apart from...
    Good morning! I wonder if anyone could give me some advice on feeding/caring for my pampas grass. It is planted in a container in a very exposed coastal location , its now 3 years old and this season's plumes have just appeared.I haven't really...
    Good morning! I wonder if anyone could give me some advice on feeding/caring for my pampas grass. It is planted in a container in a very exposed coastal location , its now 3 years old and this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. revin helen

Dragonflies

beginers luck PETE. NEVER SEEN THIS beauty before.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice