1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. roders

Interesting Planters..

No way mate, :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Royster

staking tall plants at the front of a border

hi Royster, I'm in Co.Down, a wee bit away from Antrim. I we took my mother to Bushmills and she enjoyed the wee half at the end! We're scots too! I'm from Argyll, where are you from?
    hi Royster, I'm in Co.Down, a wee bit away from Antrim. I we took my mother to Bushmills and she enjoyed the wee half at the end! We're scots too! I'm from Argyll, where are you from?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Aeranthos in flower..???

Hi Dave, You have a super selection there. Good climate there though... Love the way you have them fixed to your trees & shrubs!! Think I am a bit too chilly here... ;) My friend has...
    Hi Dave, You have a super selection there. Good climate there though... Love the way you have them fixed to your trees & shrubs!! Think I am a bit too chilly here... ;) My friend has allot too, some inside & a few outside, (but she is in Cornwall),,, which is what interested me in...
    Hi Dave, You have a super selection there. Good climate there though... Love the way you have them fixed to your trees & shrubs!! Think I am a bit too chilly here... ;) My friend has allot too, some inside & a few outside, (but she is...
    Hi Dave, You have a super selection there. Good climate there though... Love the way you have them fixed to your trees & shrubs!! Think I am a bit too chilly here... ;) My friend has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. duckyjuk

my seeds

thank you ill wait till the spring because theres loads of blackbirds..pecking in my soil...
    thank you ill wait till the spring because theres loads of blackbirds..pecking in my soil...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. madflower

Liz and madflowers Hostas

Thanks Liz, my Hostas from crocus are lovely, really big and healthy.They arrived really well packaged (the next day), i also bought an acer as a gift, and it was huge and only 15.00, i bought...
    Thanks Liz, my Hostas from crocus are lovely, really big and healthy.They arrived really well packaged (the next day), i also bought an acer as a gift, and it was huge and only 15.00, i bought mine from homebase and it's not half as big, so i would def recommend crocus, i've called one of my...
    Thanks Liz, my Hostas from crocus are lovely, really big and healthy.They arrived really well packaged (the next day), i also bought an acer as a gift, and it was huge and only 15.00, i bought mine from homebase and it's not half as big, so i...
    Thanks Liz, my Hostas from crocus are lovely, really big and healthy.They arrived really well packaged (the next day), i also bought an acer as a gift, and it was huge and only 15.00, i bought...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Banana Man

Aloe striata

Well done BM, nice to know its doing well
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Banana Man

FAO madflower... Bamboo

Hi Windy and Fancy, I wish I had room for some edulis!I terms of invasion I do get sneaky run aways which get the wrath of my spade but as long as you keep an eye on them and plant them...
    Hi Windy and Fancy, I wish I had room for some edulis!I terms of invasion I do get sneaky run aways which get the wrath of my spade but as long as you keep an eye on them and plant them sensibly, they should be fine. Where ever possible I have created sections where they cannot escape easily....
    Hi Windy and Fancy, I wish I had room for some edulis!I terms of invasion I do get sneaky run aways which get the wrath of my spade but as long as you keep an eye on them and plant them sensibly, they should be fine. Where ever possible I have...
    Hi Windy and Fancy, I wish I had room for some edulis!I terms of invasion I do get sneaky run aways which get the wrath of my spade but as long as you keep an eye on them and plant them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. nobby

Bougainvillea Glabra (Sanderiana)

Nice work Fancy and the Lady of Portuguese Leisure!Kind regards Roy
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Hornbeam

Companion Planting

Thanks for that hornbeam. I also read that parsley planted around the carrots also deters carrot fly, which is what I have done this year.. no sign of carrot fly either.
    Thanks for that hornbeam. I also read that parsley planted around the carrots also deters carrot fly, which is what I have done this year.. no sign of carrot fly either.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jay

HORRENDOUS!!!

There's nothing I'd like more than to own a few (hundred) acres, and have somebody come and offer me money for my land... I'd point my rifle at them and give them 10 seconds to leg it back to...
    There's nothing I'd like more than to own a few (hundred) acres, and have somebody come and offer me money for my land... I'd point my rifle at them and give them 10 seconds to leg it back to their company car!
    There's nothing I'd like more than to own a few (hundred) acres, and have somebody come and offer me money for my land... I'd point my rifle at them and give them 10 seconds to leg it back to their company car!
    There's nothing I'd like more than to own a few (hundred) acres, and have somebody come and offer me money for my land... I'd point my rifle at them and give them 10 seconds to leg it back to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Royster

Trachycarpus fortunei (Chusan palm)

Excellent gentlemen! Thanks for your advice! Kind regards Roy
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. wildflower

12 foot sunflower!!

jay..yes probably too late unless the weather is kind and the frosts hold off maybe you will just get small ones..i had a poppy appear this week so anything is possible,,
    jay..yes probably too late unless the weather is kind and the frosts hold off maybe you will just get small ones..i had a poppy appear this week so anything is possible,,
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. dixy

lillies seeding?

thanks Rich, how do I know when they're ripe? Do they go brown? Sorry to sound to stupid but I'm new to all this.
    thanks Rich, how do I know when they're ripe? Do they go brown? Sorry to sound to stupid but I'm new to all this.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Rich

Clitoria ternatea in flower.

Yeah its worth growing Rich for that deep blue colour
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. dixy

minature sunflowers

that could be it badsal72. I have them in a pot at the front door and they get a daily watering. Don't know what ate the leaves tho. thanks
    that could be it badsal72. I have them in a pot at the front door and they get a daily watering. Don't know what ate the leaves tho. thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. dixy

lily seeds

I posted this somewhere - dont know where - cant find it, so here goes again. When I went to dead head my calla lillies yesterday I noticed that they had little grean pea-like things inside the...
    I posted this somewhere - dont know where - cant find it, so here goes again. When I went to dead head my calla lillies yesterday I noticed that they had little grean pea-like things inside the head. Are these seeds and can I plant them up? If so, when should I do it? Thanks
    I posted this somewhere - dont know where - cant find it, so here goes again. When I went to dead head my calla lillies yesterday I noticed that they had little grean pea-like things inside the head. Are these seeds and can I plant them up? If...
    I posted this somewhere - dont know where - cant find it, so here goes again. When I went to dead head my calla lillies yesterday I noticed that they had little grean pea-like things inside the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Banana Man

FAO Palustris

I picked one red one to have a look see and practice washing off the flesh. I might put some thing round it to deter the already over fed birdies.ThankyouBM
    I picked one red one to have a look see and practice washing off the flesh. I might put some thing round it to deter the already over fed birdies.ThankyouBM
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Hornbeam

Remains of the feast

Here's a good site ...http://www.littleshopofhorrors.co.uk/customer/home.php?cat=284
    Here's a good site ...http://www.littleshopofhorrors.co.uk/customer/home.php?cat=284
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Black Cat

Harrogate Flower Show Complimentary Tickets

Fiona. Your tickets arrived this morning - just three minutes ago. Again, many thanks. Peter
    Fiona. Your tickets arrived this morning - just three minutes ago. Again, many thanks. Peter
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. redfifi1717

troubled plox

Aaw thanks Palustris! That is sooo clever!!! I admit to not doing technical!!!....but as my computer whiz brother said to me..'yes, but you can garden!' So all is fair!!
    Aaw thanks Palustris! That is sooo clever!!! I admit to not doing technical!!!....but as my computer whiz brother said to me..'yes, but you can garden!' So all is fair!!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice