General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. chkm8

Hedge growth

dendrobium thanks for the help. I will try potting some cuttings to use for filling in the gaps. I am having problems posting pictures which for some reason are visible on the preview and even...
    dendrobium thanks for the help. I will try potting some cuttings to use for filling in the gaps. I am having problems posting pictures which for some reason are visible on the preview and even after posting but a few hrs later are gone. I have posted a link to some pictures I have of the garden...
    dendrobium thanks for the help. I will try potting some cuttings to use for filling in the gaps. I am having problems posting pictures which for some reason are visible on the preview and even after posting but a few hrs later are gone. I have...
    dendrobium thanks for the help. I will try potting some cuttings to use for filling in the gaps. I am having problems posting pictures which for some reason are visible on the preview and even...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Rich

A story of two patios.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. AdamB2

Grape Hormone

There are seedless varieties avalible which is probably the best option. I do remember reading about a spray which sets the flowers and also makes the grapes seedless, but that was a long time...
    There are seedless varieties avalible which is probably the best option. I do remember reading about a spray which sets the flowers and also makes the grapes seedless, but that was a long time ago, and probably only available commercially, at a guess.
    There are seedless varieties avalible which is probably the best option. I do remember reading about a spray which sets the flowers and also makes the grapes seedless, but that was a long time ago, and probably only available commercially, at a...
    There are seedless varieties avalible which is probably the best option. I do remember reading about a spray which sets the flowers and also makes the grapes seedless, but that was a long time...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. scottie

Lupins

Lupins do all sorts of things, pink purple and cream sonds great, just don't expect it to flower for long ;)
    Lupins do all sorts of things, pink purple and cream sonds great, just don't expect it to flower for long ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. strongylodon

Yellow Callistemons

Have some Callistemon Salignus, PM me address
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Hornbeam

Mine host

Me too, I'd love some!!
    Me too, I'd love some!!
    Me too, I'd love some!!
    Me too, I'd love some!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. elainefiz

when to plant out Aubretia?

Standard abreviation for:In My Humble Opinion. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Liz

Finally some space...

Take care with the orange montbretia, they can sometimes take off in a very ramapnt way.
    Take care with the orange montbretia, they can sometimes take off in a very ramapnt way.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Waco

How big is your mouth?

My own feeling is that you are better to let nature take its course - sometimes the mums come back for them, but they are reluctant if they have been handeled by humans.
    My own feeling is that you are better to let nature take its course - sometimes the mums come back for them, but they are reluctant if they have been handeled by humans.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. lazy-gardener

my clematis has fungus- possibly!!

Ah! thank you thats probbaly more like it than being too wet!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. mowgley

Clematis in pots

Mine grew [so I thought] happily in pots for 4 years, flowered nicely and grew each year. However, when I finally planted them in the border this spring I found that even the one in the biggest...
    Mine grew [so I thought] happily in pots for 4 years, flowered nicely and grew each year. However, when I finally planted them in the border this spring I found that even the one in the biggest pot was seriously pot bound, it's roots were wound round and round like a birds' nest. My biggest pot...
    Mine grew [so I thought] happily in pots for 4 years, flowered nicely and grew each year. However, when I finally planted them in the border this spring I found that even the one in the biggest pot was seriously pot bound, it's roots were wound...
    Mine grew [so I thought] happily in pots for 4 years, flowered nicely and grew each year. However, when I finally planted them in the border this spring I found that even the one in the biggest...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Worm Breeder

Smallholding Matters

Hi all ,and webmaster, just to let the members who are in both forums know that smallholding matters has moved. As you will know we have been having probs with the server so we are now at ...
    Hi all ,and webmaster, just to let the members who are in both forums know that smallholding matters has moved. As you will know we have been having probs with the server so we are now at http://smallholdingmatters.myfreeforum.org. dont forget to have a look at my web site if you would like...
    Hi all ,and webmaster, just to let the members who are in both forums know that smallholding matters has moved. As you will know we have been having probs with the server so we are now at http://smallholdingmatters.myfreeforum.org. dont forget...
    Hi all ,and webmaster, just to let the members who are in both forums know that smallholding matters has moved. As you will know we have been having probs with the server so we are now at ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Stokie

Gardeners world (NEC)

Hi, Anyone else go to GW at the NEC on Sunday (last day).I was there and got some real bargains.I got a 4 ft plus Phormium for 20 quid,plus loads of other bargains too.I took a few old plants...
    Hi, Anyone else go to GW at the NEC on Sunday (last day).I was there and got some real bargains.I got a 4 ft plus Phormium for 20 quid,plus loads of other bargains too.I took a few old plants to the plant swap and come away with a lovely Aeonium for my conservatory.
    Hi, Anyone else go to GW at the NEC on Sunday (last day).I was there and got some real bargains.I got a 4 ft plus Phormium for 20 quid,plus loads of other bargains too.I took a few old plants to the plant swap and come away with a lovely...
    Hi, Anyone else go to GW at the NEC on Sunday (last day).I was there and got some real bargains.I got a 4 ft plus Phormium for 20 quid,plus loads of other bargains too.I took a few old plants...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Poppy33

Hydrangea question

I wouldn't fancy trying to keep one as a house plant. They need space and cool moist conditions with part sun to dappled shade to really thrive. They also do better in ericacious compost but...
    I wouldn't fancy trying to keep one as a house plant. They need space and cool moist conditions with part sun to dappled shade to really thrive. They also do better in ericacious compost but that's not a problem for a pot or container.Nothing is impossible though and doubtless someone has a...
    I wouldn't fancy trying to keep one as a house plant. They need space and cool moist conditions with part sun to dappled shade to really thrive. They also do better in ericacious compost but that's not a problem for a pot or container.Nothing...
    I wouldn't fancy trying to keep one as a house plant. They need space and cool moist conditions with part sun to dappled shade to really thrive. They also do better in ericacious compost but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. sharon

Black Bamboo Offer 9cm pots

I have had discussions on here about my Black Bamboo and someone said how expensive they are. I know this is only a 9cm pot and dont know how much they would cost in a nursery, but in the Daily...
    I have had discussions on here about my Black Bamboo and someone said how expensive they are. I know this is only a 9cm pot and dont know how much they would cost in a nursery, but in the Daily Mail today they are 9.99 each, buy 2 get one free. E mail www.mailshop.co.uk just thought this might...
    I have had discussions on here about my Black Bamboo and someone said how expensive they are. I know this is only a 9cm pot and dont know how much they would cost in a nursery, but in the Daily Mail today they are 9.99 each, buy 2 get one free. E...
    I have had discussions on here about my Black Bamboo and someone said how expensive they are. I know this is only a 9cm pot and dont know how much they would cost in a nursery, but in the Daily...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Liz

Sad new border

A couple of years ago, the local council decided to undertake a major renovation of all the council properties in our area. This included new fences all round but I'm an owner occupier so didn't...
    A couple of years ago, the local council decided to undertake a major renovation of all the council properties in our area. This included new fences all round but I'm an owner occupier so didn't expect to be included (didn't actually know about it anyway!!).Came home from work one day to find...
    A couple of years ago, the local council decided to undertake a major renovation of all the council properties in our area. This included new fences all round but I'm an owner occupier so didn't expect to be included (didn't actually know about...
    A couple of years ago, the local council decided to undertake a major renovation of all the council properties in our area. This included new fences all round but I'm an owner occupier so didn't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. T

Mosqitoes

what a beautiful place you live in you must be very proud
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Hornbeam

Pole dancer

fantastic picture!
    fantastic picture!
    fantastic picture!
    fantastic picture!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Waco

Is this a wild flower

Oh these trolls, they do get about!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Waco

Trachycarpus

Well my trachy does not look dead yet either. anyway Well done that man!did you see my post on "Chuck outs" just goes to show. I also have a phormium that is springing back to life - oh what fun...
    Well my trachy does not look dead yet either. anyway Well done that man!did you see my post on "Chuck outs" just goes to show. I also have a phormium that is springing back to life - oh what fun we all have.From picture though it does look like you have got away with it, so pleased for you.
    Well my trachy does not look dead yet either. anyway Well done that man!did you see my post on "Chuck outs" just goes to show. I also have a phormium that is springing back to life - oh what fun we all have.From picture though it does look...
    Well my trachy does not look dead yet either. anyway Well done that man!did you see my post on "Chuck outs" just goes to show. I also have a phormium that is springing back to life - oh what fun...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice