1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. sharon

Victoria Plum Pruning?

I guess I have only had it a year, it was about 5 feet tall when I got it and is now at least 9 feet tall. My friend and I were looking at it today and she said about supporting it as it is full...
    I guess I have only had it a year, it was about 5 feet tall when I got it and is now at least 9 feet tall. My friend and I were looking at it today and she said about supporting it as it is full of fruit and as they get bigger it will drop and probably drag on the floor. I was made aware of this...
    I guess I have only had it a year, it was about 5 feet tall when I got it and is now at least 9 feet tall. My friend and I were looking at it today and she said about supporting it as it is full of fruit and as they get bigger it will drop and...
    I guess I have only had it a year, it was about 5 feet tall when I got it and is now at least 9 feet tall. My friend and I were looking at it today and she said about supporting it as it is full...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. jazid

Paeonies

looks hopeful to me Sue. I'll give it a gander later. Off to mow some lawns!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Victoria

Yellow Buddleia

It seems to be fairly easy to come by in most shrub nurseries in Britain.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Hornbeam

Month by month guidance

This is an excellent on-line guide to organic gardening month by month: http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/todo_now/ornamental_now.phpSee further links from that page to organic vegetable...
    This is an excellent on-line guide to organic gardening month by month: http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/todo_now/ornamental_now.phpSee further links from that page to organic vegetable growing, herbs etc etc.. All your questions answered :D
    This is an excellent on-line guide to organic gardening month by month: http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/todo_now/ornamental_now.phpSee further links from that page to organic vegetable growing, herbs etc etc.. All your questions answered :D
    This is an excellent on-line guide to organic gardening month by month: http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/todo_now/ornamental_now.phpSee further links from that page to organic vegetable...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Poppy33

Yellow Flag Iris

I didn't
    I didn't
    I didn't
    I didn't
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. chan

morning glory

Dave at the bottom of everones posts is where they live, I see yours says South Devon, Basil Fawlty country I believe. I'm in mid Kent, we catch the east winds in winter and early spring, but we...
    Dave at the bottom of everones posts is where they live, I see yours says South Devon, Basil Fawlty country I believe. I'm in mid Kent, we catch the east winds in winter and early spring, but we do tend to get pretty hot at times in the summer if there's any heat about that is and it can get dry.
    Dave at the bottom of everones posts is where they live, I see yours says South Devon, Basil Fawlty country I believe. I'm in mid Kent, we catch the east winds in winter and early spring, but we do tend to get pretty hot at times in the summer...
    Dave at the bottom of everones posts is where they live, I see yours says South Devon, Basil Fawlty country I believe. I'm in mid Kent, we catch the east winds in winter and early spring, but we...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. The Pea Of Sweetness

Yey, they flowered!!!

Any one care to identify them for me?
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Victoria

Hoya

Dont think its flowers, they form on a small, usually downward facing, stem. Cant think what it can be though. :confused:
    Dont think its flowers, they form on a small, usually downward facing, stem. Cant think what it can be though. :confused:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. MattStan

Can I move a Japanese Maple?

Bulbs sound good - like the suggestion...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. GC

Brugmansia pictures

Hi Mims & All Thanks for comments. These plants need lots of water, lots of food and patience!! The small one you have probably won't flower this year but should grow to about 3' tall. overwinter...
    Hi Mims & All Thanks for comments. These plants need lots of water, lots of food and patience!! The small one you have probably won't flower this year but should grow to about 3' tall. overwinter them in a conservatory or greenhouse, a temp above 10-15 degrees is ideal. Water occasionally so...
    Hi Mims & All Thanks for comments. These plants need lots of water, lots of food and patience!! The small one you have probably won't flower this year but should grow to about 3' tall. overwinter them in a conservatory or greenhouse, a temp above...
    Hi Mims & All Thanks for comments. These plants need lots of water, lots of food and patience!! The small one you have probably won't flower this year but should grow to about 3' tall. overwinter...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. jay

Beastie Houses

They're welcome to, save me vaccing up dead flies off the windowsills.. !! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sharon

Plants to move

Yep, leave them both until autumn/first frost then move the begonia which can be lifted and stored in a cool frost free place overwinter for planting next year. (I'm assuming it's formed a...
    Yep, leave them both until autumn/first frost then move the begonia which can be lifted and stored in a cool frost free place overwinter for planting next year. (I'm assuming it's formed a corm)Begonias will also take a bit of hacking when in full growth so if it looks like smothering your...
    Yep, leave them both until autumn/first frost then move the begonia which can be lifted and stored in a cool frost free place overwinter for planting next year. (I'm assuming it's formed a corm)Begonias will also take a bit of hacking when in...
    Yep, leave them both until autumn/first frost then move the begonia which can be lifted and stored in a cool frost free place overwinter for planting next year. (I'm assuming it's formed a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Liz

Magnolia Grandiflora

Not so sure it would like it up here anyway, but If I came accross one I would be sorely tempted - doesn't take much to tempt me anyway!
    Not so sure it would like it up here anyway, but If I came accross one I would be sorely tempted - doesn't take much to tempt me anyway!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Hornbeam

Hosepipe bans

I'm not sure how much my water butts hold Probably about 50 or 60 gallons, I usually end up refilling with the hose during the summer, but due to the leakage from the victorian water mains that...
    I'm not sure how much my water butts hold Probably about 50 or 60 gallons, I usually end up refilling with the hose during the summer, but due to the leakage from the victorian water mains that we have in the UK, combined wiyh the overpopulation, I cant this year. I'll just have to use...
    I'm not sure how much my water butts hold Probably about 50 or 60 gallons, I usually end up refilling with the hose during the summer, but due to the leakage from the victorian water mains that we have in the UK, combined wiyh the...
    I'm not sure how much my water butts hold Probably about 50 or 60 gallons, I usually end up refilling with the hose during the summer, but due to the leakage from the victorian water mains that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. sweetpea

Thank you everyone

Thank you everyone I eventually found my 1st and 2nd requests re.Boarders Thanks soooo much for advice I've printed them off and hotfooting it to buy the materials I need I am even going to take...
    Thank you everyone I eventually found my 1st and 2nd requests re.Boarders Thanks soooo much for advice I've printed them off and hotfooting it to buy the materials I need I am even going to take it a step further and take pics so you can see my garden (whoah, now I may be getting carried away...
    Thank you everyone I eventually found my 1st and 2nd requests re.Boarders Thanks soooo much for advice I've printed them off and hotfooting it to buy the materials I need I am even going to take it a step further and take pics so you can see my...
    Thank you everyone I eventually found my 1st and 2nd requests re.Boarders Thanks soooo much for advice I've printed them off and hotfooting it to buy the materials I need I am even going to take...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Poppy33

Hummingbird Moth

I saw mine this morning at about 8am.but if I have to wait till later, I shall be late for work. It has been raining tonight, so I am not sure if it will come back tomorrow.The cine film I took...
    I saw mine this morning at about 8am.but if I have to wait till later, I shall be late for work. It has been raining tonight, so I am not sure if it will come back tomorrow.The cine film I took with the digital camera only shows flowers as I was moving the camera so fast trying to film it.No...
    I saw mine this morning at about 8am.but if I have to wait till later, I shall be late for work. It has been raining tonight, so I am not sure if it will come back tomorrow.The cine film I took with the digital camera only shows flowers as I...
    I saw mine this morning at about 8am.but if I have to wait till later, I shall be late for work. It has been raining tonight, so I am not sure if it will come back tomorrow.The cine film I took...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Charlie

Distorted Leaf on Hibiscus

Thank you all - in many ways that is a relief - I seem to remember a similar thing happening to the other Hibiscus last year. Anyway at least the plant looks healthy! I cant see any signs of a bug...
    Thank you all - in many ways that is a relief - I seem to remember a similar thing happening to the other Hibiscus last year. Anyway at least the plant looks healthy! I cant see any signs of a bug so I've taken your advice Mona Lisa and gievn it a good spray with Fairy liquid. Thank you
    Thank you all - in many ways that is a relief - I seem to remember a similar thing happening to the other Hibiscus last year. Anyway at least the plant looks healthy! I cant see any signs of a bug so I've taken your advice Mona Lisa and gievn it...
    Thank you all - in many ways that is a relief - I seem to remember a similar thing happening to the other Hibiscus last year. Anyway at least the plant looks healthy! I cant see any signs of a bug...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Honey Bee

Dickensonia Antartica

Cheers Poppy33, without being too wet it really is an expression of me so its nice to get positive coments. I have put alot of brain time into visualising it and its nice that others can see what...
    Cheers Poppy33, without being too wet it really is an expression of me so its nice to get positive coments. I have put alot of brain time into visualising it and its nice that others can see what I have had in my head for so long. It felt like a great weight had been lifted when I finally...
    Cheers Poppy33, without being too wet it really is an expression of me so its nice to get positive coments. I have put alot of brain time into visualising it and its nice that others can see what I have had in my head for so long. It felt like a...
    Cheers Poppy33, without being too wet it really is an expression of me so its nice to get positive coments. I have put alot of brain time into visualising it and its nice that others can see what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. GC

Wrong labels on plants!!

This is what I bought as a "Meconapsis Alba" but in fact i think it is a Blue Himalayan which i longed for years ago but didn't think it would survive in my soil Doesn't it look lovely? ! was...
    This is what I bought as a "Meconapsis Alba" but in fact i think it is a Blue Himalayan which i longed for years ago but didn't think it would survive in my soil Doesn't it look lovely? ! was really suprised when it flowered
    This is what I bought as a "Meconapsis Alba" but in fact i think it is a Blue Himalayan which i longed for years ago but didn't think it would survive in my soil Doesn't it look lovely? ! was really suprised when it flowered
    This is what I bought as a "Meconapsis Alba" but in fact i think it is a Blue Himalayan which i longed for years ago but didn't think it would survive in my soil Doesn't it look lovely? ! was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Victoria

Peanut Shells

Yes, just off for a nap now. :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice