1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. The Pea Of Sweetness

Where have all my Bleeding Hearts gone?

Thanks for that thought Liz. I will give it a try. Dicentra has been very disappointing this year. The last couple of years it flowered for 10 weeks, but this year - short and battered.
    Thanks for that thought Liz. I will give it a try. Dicentra has been very disappointing this year. The last couple of years it flowered for 10 weeks, but this year - short and battered.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. The Pea Of Sweetness

Clematis

Oh my word, don't blame you, you'd be there forever!!Think i'll give it a go on mine.
    Oh my word, don't blame you, you'd be there forever!!Think i'll give it a go on mine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Waco

Wisteria

That sounds reasonable pete. I have this year cut back again in the hope that goodness wuld go back into plant and not into something I was going to remove in early august, but I see your point...
    That sounds reasonable pete. I have this year cut back again in the hope that goodness wuld go back into plant and not into something I was going to remove in early august, but I see your point about it stimmulating more growth, so will re think my schedule.
    That sounds reasonable pete. I have this year cut back again in the hope that goodness wuld go back into plant and not into something I was going to remove in early august, but I see your point about it stimmulating more growth, so will re think...
    That sounds reasonable pete. I have this year cut back again in the hope that goodness wuld go back into plant and not into something I was going to remove in early august, but I see your point...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. T

Thank you

;) Good to hear...You are very welcome!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. jervis

Just moved in

dont know what size jervis balcony is mine is quite big part of the flat structure iff it is a balcony attached to the building will have to be carefulrosa
    dont know what size jervis balcony is mine is quite big part of the flat structure iff it is a balcony attached to the building will have to be carefulrosa
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. sheppy

Weeds in Patio

Right, hot water, sand and cement it is! Thanks!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. marge

Heuchera Purple Palace

i like heuchera's myself, i have sown some purple palace,bressingham and green finch?, buyer was not able to identify, but said it looks like green finch. Also have a 2nd year strawberry candy one...
    i like heuchera's myself, i have sown some purple palace,bressingham and green finch?, buyer was not able to identify, but said it looks like green finch. Also have a 2nd year strawberry candy one in my wee greenhouse. :D
    i like heuchera's myself, i have sown some purple palace,bressingham and green finch?, buyer was not able to identify, but said it looks like green finch. Also have a 2nd year strawberry candy one in my wee greenhouse. :D
    i like heuchera's myself, i have sown some purple palace,bressingham and green finch?, buyer was not able to identify, but said it looks like green finch. Also have a 2nd year strawberry candy one...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Stingo

Forget me Nots

They are truly a delightful spring flower, and bring back many memories for me too.
    They are truly a delightful spring flower, and bring back many memories for me too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. deedee

Muddy clay, dark & dingey...!

Golden euonymus should also do OK - and hosta's should manage there as well ferns. Primular vulgaris (the wild primrose) should also manage as well as fuchsias - especially magenallica, which I've...
    Golden euonymus should also do OK - and hosta's should manage there as well ferns. Primular vulgaris (the wild primrose) should also manage as well as fuchsias - especially magenallica, which I've grown in similar shady positions.Take a look at the RHS site, which should expand on the...
    Golden euonymus should also do OK - and hosta's should manage there as well ferns. Primular vulgaris (the wild primrose) should also manage as well as fuchsias - especially magenallica, which I've grown in similar shady positions.Take a look...
    Golden euonymus should also do OK - and hosta's should manage there as well ferns. Primular vulgaris (the wild primrose) should also manage as well as fuchsias - especially magenallica, which I've...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Tortuosa

Fab names

Jazid, that's what I wanted to say!! It has to be the ultimate favourite plant name! But I rather like phlox of sheep! Sorry!
    Jazid, that's what I wanted to say!! It has to be the ultimate favourite plant name! But I rather like phlox of sheep! Sorry!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. whirlimix

Lots of new plants!

Agree with Chobart - looks like a penstemon - don't know which. If so, it's half-hardy, so take cuttings in the autumn to make sure that you still have some if it's a hard winter. ;)
    Agree with Chobart - looks like a penstemon - don't know which. If so, it's half-hardy, so take cuttings in the autumn to make sure that you still have some if it's a hard winter. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. rosietutu

Guess the breed.

I can always spot a 'goody'. Very nice!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. wishaw

Honeysuckle in pots?

liz The honeysuckle is only about 4 years old this is the second time it has flowered as last year it was a deep reddish shade and this year the flowers where the deep reddish and just as they...
    liz The honeysuckle is only about 4 years old this is the second time it has flowered as last year it was a deep reddish shade and this year the flowers where the deep reddish and just as they where coming out they are changing to an orange/yellow shade now, The plant looks healthy nature is a...
    liz The honeysuckle is only about 4 years old this is the second time it has flowered as last year it was a deep reddish shade and this year the flowers where the deep reddish and just as they where coming out they are changing to...
    liz The honeysuckle is only about 4 years old this is the second time it has flowered as last year it was a deep reddish shade and this year the flowers where the deep reddish and just as they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. frogesque

Vine cutting

Apparently the basic idea is to get a T shape like a one layered espalier, but they can be grown in all sorts of ways: http://womansworld05.atalink.co.uk/articles/gardens-and-gadening/281 Scroll...
    Apparently the basic idea is to get a T shape like a one layered espalier, but they can be grown in all sorts of ways: http://womansworld05.atalink.co.uk/articles/gardens-and-gadening/281 Scroll down to the pic. of the hamburg grape to avoid all the bumpf... My vine weevil and chafer grub ridden...
    Apparently the basic idea is to get a T shape like a one layered espalier, but they can be grown in all sorts of ways: http://womansworld05.atalink.co.uk/articles/gardens-and-gadening/281 Scroll down to the pic. of the hamburg grape to avoid all...
    Apparently the basic idea is to get a T shape like a one layered espalier, but they can be grown in all sorts of ways: http://womansworld05.atalink.co.uk/articles/gardens-and-gadening/281 Scroll...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. rosa

grape vine

I have a balcony planted a grape vine vitis Boskop glory last year in a large pot, I dont know how to prune it and i chopped the top off it has just these past few weeks started to come back it...
    I have a balcony planted a grape vine vitis Boskop glory last year in a large pot, I dont know how to prune it and i chopped the top off it has just these past few weeks started to come back it looks ok, does any members know anything about these grape vines, i have it growing up a pagola. I get...
    I have a balcony planted a grape vine vitis Boskop glory last year in a large pot, I dont know how to prune it and i chopped the top off it has just these past few weeks started to come back it looks ok, does any members know anything about these...
    I have a balcony planted a grape vine vitis Boskop glory last year in a large pot, I dont know how to prune it and i chopped the top off it has just these past few weeks started to come back it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. NEW

Pot Planting

For most plants you can use multi-purpose compost. I like a mixture of about 30% SHARP sand with the compost, to help with drainage. Pure compost can get very water logged. Though as Frogesque...
    For most plants you can use multi-purpose compost. I like a mixture of about 30% SHARP sand with the compost, to help with drainage. Pure compost can get very water logged. Though as Frogesque says some plants like special conditions.I have about 35 large pots, with a sand/compost mix in...
    For most plants you can use multi-purpose compost. I like a mixture of about 30% SHARP sand with the compost, to help with drainage. Pure compost can get very water logged. Though as Frogesque says some plants like special conditions.I have...
    For most plants you can use multi-purpose compost. I like a mixture of about 30% SHARP sand with the compost, to help with drainage. Pure compost can get very water logged. Though as Frogesque...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. frogesque

Is it an Orchid?

Hi again. If it was a present, then somebody has been ripped off if that is the state it was in when delivered-- only jokingSince a lot of these plants have now been micro- propogated by the...
    Hi again. If it was a present, then somebody has been ripped off if that is the state it was in when delivered-- only jokingSince a lot of these plants have now been micro- propogated by the millions they can be bought for between �£9.99-and �£14.99 they are now quite reasonable, though if...
    Hi again. If it was a present, then somebody has been ripped off if that is the state it was in when delivered-- only jokingSince a lot of these plants have now been micro- propogated by the millions they can be bought for between �£9.99-and...
    Hi again. If it was a present, then somebody has been ripped off if that is the state it was in when delivered-- only jokingSince a lot of these plants have now been micro- propogated by the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Banana Man

Bamboo

If you want anyother information or want the details of any of the bamboos pictured just PM me.BM
    If you want anyother information or want the details of any of the bamboos pictured just PM me.BM
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Stingo

Houttuynia

Excellent, always thought it smelled tasty.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. dwjay

Frogs

That must be why we hear a "plop" when we walk by then...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice