1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. AndyS

Soil Testing Kit - Water advice

I'm just going to repost this! You have the pH test kit already so miss out the soil and you'll know the pH of your water and then account for it in the soil test
    I'm just going to repost this! You have the pH test kit already so miss out the soil and you'll know the pH of your water and then account for it in the soil test
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Sienna's Blossom
    Like x 5

Our Spring Garden

Thanks @Verdun , it's coming along nicely. Interested to see what comes up over the summer, as we planted lots of new summer flowering plants last year to try and keep the colour going throughout...
    Thanks @Verdun , it's coming along nicely. Interested to see what comes up over the summer, as we planted lots of new summer flowering plants last year to try and keep the colour going throughout the year.
    Thanks @Verdun , it's coming along nicely. Interested to see what comes up over the summer, as we planted lots of new summer flowering plants last year to try and keep the colour going throughout the year.
    Thanks @Verdun , it's coming along nicely. Interested to see what comes up over the summer, as we planted lots of new summer flowering plants last year to try and keep the colour going throughout...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Loofah

Grafting vid

Saw this on FB and thought it might be of interest...O-Crafts
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. HarryS

Blind Daffs Plague ?

Now I have no clue, the huge blind patch that was last year, blew out this year in blooming glory. so leaving it alone.
    Now I have no clue, the huge blind patch that was last year, blew out this year in blooming glory. so leaving it alone.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. kriss

Cosmos

No Kriss, pinch those as they get to that sort of size. Don’t be afraid to do it. As an experiment or a bit of fun, you could leave a couple of plants unpinched so you could see for yourself the...
    No Kriss, pinch those as they get to that sort of size. Don’t be afraid to do it. As an experiment or a bit of fun, you could leave a couple of plants unpinched so you could see for yourself the difference pinching makes. I pinch cosmos 3 or 4 times. Plus when they are actually planted...
    No Kriss, pinch those as they get to that sort of size. Don’t be afraid to do it. As an experiment or a bit of fun, you could leave a couple of plants unpinched so you could see for yourself the difference pinching makes. I pinch cosmos 3 or 4...
    No Kriss, pinch those as they get to that sort of size. Don’t be afraid to do it. As an experiment or a bit of fun, you could leave a couple of plants unpinched so you could see for yourself the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Steve R
    Informative x 3

Gardeners World & Beechgrove Garden

Beechgrove restarts this coming Thursday he 18th at 8pm on the new BBC Scotland channel.Repeated on BBC2 on the Sunday after at 12.30pm. The first episode they focus on "No Dig". Great for me...
    Beechgrove restarts this coming Thursday he 18th at 8pm on the new BBC Scotland channel.Repeated on BBC2 on the Sunday after at 12.30pm. The first episode they focus on "No Dig". Great for me as I expand my no dig experiment !!Steve...:)
    Beechgrove restarts this coming Thursday he 18th at 8pm on the new BBC Scotland channel.Repeated on BBC2 on the Sunday after at 12.30pm. The first episode they focus on "No Dig". Great for me as I expand my no dig experiment !!Steve...:)
    Beechgrove restarts this coming Thursday he 18th at 8pm on the new BBC Scotland channel.Repeated on BBC2 on the Sunday after at 12.30pm. The first episode they focus on "No Dig". Great for me...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jack Sparrow

Achillea

If I get a chance in the next week or so, I'll will try and remember to dig up some of the others before I move.. I'll grow it on and see...I'll be digging a few plants up anyways so no bother :)
    If I get a chance in the next week or so, I'll will try and remember to dig up some of the others before I move.. I'll grow it on and see...I'll be digging a few plants up anyways so no bother :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jenny namaste
    Like x 8

The miracle of the Spring Equinox

It can also be easily divided .......done now it will produce large plants in mid summer :)
    It can also be easily divided .......done now it will produce large plants in mid summer :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wiseowl

Ribes sanguineum 'King Edward VII'

Give it time Woo :) Plants don’t always behave according to the script! Besides it’s still early in the season esp after transplanting. I find ribes very obliging so judge it in a month’s time Here...
    Give it time Woo :) Plants don’t always behave according to the script! Besides it’s still early in the season esp after transplanting. I find ribes very obliging so judge it in a month’s time Here some plants look dead but aren’t....they are late in making growth....some are advanced. I recall...
    Give it time Woo :) Plants don’t always behave according to the script! Besides it’s still early in the season esp after transplanting. I find ribes very obliging so judge it in a month’s time Here some plants look dead but aren’t....they are late...
    Give it time Woo :) Plants don’t always behave according to the script! Besides it’s still early in the season esp after transplanting. I find ribes very obliging so judge it in a month’s time Here...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl

White Bleeding Heart

Hi @wiseowl , I wonder just looking at your first photo if it's in too bright a position . I grow them under a conifer against a wall in shade and they do really well.Just starting to flower......
    Hi @wiseowl , I wonder just looking at your first photo if it's in too bright a position . I grow them under a conifer against a wall in shade and they do really well.Just starting to flower......
    P1310595.JPG P1310596.JPG 20190416_145143.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Upsydaisy

ID please

Thanks @Palustris ,I will check it out :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. fender62

trellis climbers help req

Just a couple of suggestions....Trachelospermum jasminoides (evergreen, small scented flowers) and Campsis 'Mme Galen' (deciduous climber with big, showy pinkish/orange flowers). The viticella...
    Just a couple of suggestions....Trachelospermum jasminoides (evergreen, small scented flowers) and Campsis 'Mme Galen' (deciduous climber with big, showy pinkish/orange flowers). The viticella clematis do well in most situations, too. oops..posts crossed, Caroline :biggrin:
    Just a couple of suggestions....Trachelospermum jasminoides (evergreen, small scented flowers) and Campsis 'Mme Galen' (deciduous climber with big, showy pinkish/orange flowers). The viticella clematis do well in most situations, ...
    Just a couple of suggestions....Trachelospermum jasminoides (evergreen, small scented flowers) and Campsis 'Mme Galen' (deciduous climber with big, showy pinkish/orange flowers). The viticella...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Loofah
    Like x 5

Pleasant surprises in the garden

All the time :biggrin: Especially shrubs layering themselves when my back's turned :)
    All the time :biggrin: Especially shrubs layering themselves when my back's turned :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. EMC

Suggestions for border

Hello EMC :)You don’t say if this is a sunny site! Or if you have acid soil....have you carried out a PH test?Have you considered hardy geraniums? There are several varieties producing white,...
    Hello EMC :)You don’t say if this is a sunny site! Or if you have acid soil....have you carried out a PH test?Have you considered hardy geraniums? There are several varieties producing white, pink, purple, blue and red flowers. I would suggest Rozanne, spreads fast and flowers (purple/blue)...
    Hello EMC :)You don’t say if this is a sunny site! Or if you have acid soil....have you carried out a PH test?Have you considered hardy geraniums? There are several varieties producing white, pink, purple, blue and red flowers. I would...
    Hello EMC :)You don’t say if this is a sunny site! Or if you have acid soil....have you carried out a PH test?Have you considered hardy geraniums? There are several varieties producing white,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bilbo675
    Like x 16

Nice Little Find

It's looking healthy Bilbo and what a lovely colour! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. HarryS

Aldi Clematis

2 clematis safely potted up and put in a safe place in the sun to mature.G.
    20190419_094111.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ARMANDII
    Like x 3

SHOW US YOUR RECENT PURCHASES 2018

I got an alert on my emails to send it to this forum :rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Loofah
    Like x 3

Wisteria fireworks

I put a few pods in a sealed Tupperware to bring with me after moving - get a bloomin good bang in there!Germinated some a few years ago, they're very easy and obliging :)
    I put a few pods in a sealed Tupperware to bring with me after moving - get a bloomin good bang in there!Germinated some a few years ago, they're very easy and obliging :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Clueless76

Think this is a shrub Jasmine?

It gets pretty little yellow flowers on, but hasn't done too well in last couple of years, I’ve tried a sheltered position, a semi shade position.... but it’s not been happy.... doesnt help I...
    It gets pretty little yellow flowers on, but hasn't done too well in last couple of years, I’ve tried a sheltered position, a semi shade position.... but it’s not been happy.... doesnt help I can’t remember what it is I’m thinking sticking her in full sun??Any advice?
    It gets pretty little yellow flowers on, but hasn't done too well in last couple of years, I’ve tried a sheltered position, a semi shade position.... but it’s not been happy.... doesnt help I can’t remember what it is I’m thinking sticking her in...
    It gets pretty little yellow flowers on, but hasn't done too well in last couple of years, I’ve tried a sheltered position, a semi shade position.... but it’s not been happy.... doesnt help I...
    image.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. kriss

Floppy Dahlis

We’ll wait for the pics, but I suspect what you have is very spindly growth, brought about by a lack of light and relatively high temperatures.
    We’ll wait for the pics, but I suspect what you have is very spindly growth, brought about by a lack of light and relatively high temperatures.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice