General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. cambo

mountain stream liner

Why not paint the concrete with G4. Usually takes about 4 coats and is available in black or clear. It is totally waterproof and is used to seal concrete ponds so a stream should be no problem...
    Why not paint the concrete with G4. Usually takes about 4 coats and is available in black or clear. It is totally waterproof and is used to seal concrete ponds so a stream should be no problem plus you wont have creases from the liner to worry about.John.
    Why not paint the concrete with G4. Usually takes about 4 coats and is available in black or clear. It is totally waterproof and is used to seal concrete ponds so a stream should be no problem plus you wont have creases from the liner to worry...
    Why not paint the concrete with G4. Usually takes about 4 coats and is available in black or clear. It is totally waterproof and is used to seal concrete ponds so a stream should be no problem...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Stingo

Peony help - Bowl of Beauty

Thanks Palustris I will get some today, thought it may benefit from dividing but apparantly they don't like to be moved?
    Thanks Palustris I will get some today, thought it may benefit from dividing but apparantly they don't like to be moved?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Hedgetrimmer

Bark mulch as weed control

I have used bark mulch for 2 or 3 years without any problem. However it does its job very efficiently and stops things self seeding. Some plants are short lived and it is the self seeding that...
    I have used bark mulch for 2 or 3 years without any problem. However it does its job very efficiently and stops things self seeding. Some plants are short lived and it is the self seeding that keeps the line going. But that is stopped with a thick mulch.
    I have used bark mulch for 2 or 3 years without any problem. However it does its job very efficiently and stops things self seeding. Some plants are short lived and it is the self seeding that keeps the line going. But that is stopped with a...
    I have used bark mulch for 2 or 3 years without any problem. However it does its job very efficiently and stops things self seeding. Some plants are short lived and it is the self seeding that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. sharon

Indoor plant for bathroom

Thanks for that, answers my question why I couldnt find one for myself.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Liz

Help please?

They are now all in pots and looking well. As you have them outside pete, does that mean they don't need heat at this time of year, or should I keep them in greenhouse until bigger? They now have...
    They are now all in pots and looking well. As you have them outside pete, does that mean they don't need heat at this time of year, or should I keep them in greenhouse until bigger? They now have frondy tops.
    They are now all in pots and looking well. As you have them outside pete, does that mean they don't need heat at this time of year, or should I keep them in greenhouse until bigger? They now have frondy tops.
    They are now all in pots and looking well. As you have them outside pete, does that mean they don't need heat at this time of year, or should I keep them in greenhouse until bigger? They now have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Liz

Primroses

Hi folks, I have some AQUILEGIA SEEDS TO OFFER IF ANY ONE WANTS THEM . FLOWERS PURE WHITE, DEEP PURPLE, AND LILAC AND WHITE MIX THIS ONE IS VERIEGATED LEAVES. SEND ME PM AND ADDRESS.fancy. :D
    Hi folks, I have some AQUILEGIA SEEDS TO OFFER IF ANY ONE WANTS THEM . FLOWERS PURE WHITE, DEEP PURPLE, AND LILAC AND WHITE MIX THIS ONE IS VERIEGATED LEAVES. SEND ME PM AND ADDRESS.fancy. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. The Pea Of Sweetness

Any ideas for a nice sweet smelling climber

Waheyy! the ladies back!!Nice one for that, i'll have nosey!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Hornbeam

Woad

I have some of this allthough mine isnt in flower yet..it smells lovely..
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Scarecrow

Ratio of soil/sand/seed

Fantastic.Thanks, Liz.
    Fantastic.Thanks, Liz.
    Fantastic.Thanks, Liz.
    Fantastic.Thanks, Liz.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. robbsy1

Pergola and screen

Looks good now, so think how lovely it will be with plants growing up!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. lazy-gardener

mining bees??

There were just a few about today before the heavens opened up and the pics I did manage have not come out well so I won't post them. I'll try again on Monday(Mutters dark mutterings about...
    There were just a few about today before the heavens opened up and the pics I did manage have not come out well so I won't post them. I'll try again on Monday(Mutters dark mutterings about stupid auto focus cameras! :mad: )
    There were just a few about today before the heavens opened up and the pics I did manage have not come out well so I won't post them. I'll try again on Monday(Mutters dark mutterings about stupid auto focus cameras! :mad: )
    There were just a few about today before the heavens opened up and the pics I did manage have not come out well so I won't post them. I'll try again on Monday(Mutters dark mutterings about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. hans

Hedgehogs

why do i never see hedgehogs, are they rare in scotland? can i ask for some to be sent down from the outer hebrides cull?
    why do i never see hedgehogs, are they rare in scotland? can i ask for some to be sent down from the outer hebrides cull?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Hornbeam

Duck weed

how about a solar pump/ filter, or oxygenator?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. windy miller

suitable plants for a windy garden

Steve, As your coming down to Kernow so soon you really must take a visit to Trebah Gardens. It's the most fantasic garden on the planet and is looking spectacular at this time of year with all...
    Steve, As your coming down to Kernow so soon you really must take a visit to Trebah Gardens. It's the most fantasic garden on the planet and is looking spectacular at this time of year with all the Rhodis flowering. Went there yesterday for peace and inspiration and a picnic on the beach. We go...
    Steve, As your coming down to Kernow so soon you really must take a visit to Trebah Gardens. It's the most fantasic garden on the planet and is looking spectacular at this time of year with all the Rhodis flowering. Went there yesterday for peace...
    Steve, As your coming down to Kernow so soon you really must take a visit to Trebah Gardens. It's the most fantasic garden on the planet and is looking spectacular at this time of year with all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. geoff

Storing Bulbs

Haha - thanks Dendy! When someone used "Mrs T" as a username, it suddenly inspired me for a change of avatar! I'll probably be "pitying the fools" who don't clear their weeds out etc from now on! ;)
    Haha - thanks Dendy! When someone used "Mrs T" as a username, it suddenly inspired me for a change of avatar! I'll probably be "pitying the fools" who don't clear their weeds out etc from now on! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. timecharger

A good website I've found

This guy seems to have written quite a few helpful articles on vegetable growing.Enjoy.http://www.westsidegardener.com/articles/index_complete.html
    This guy seems to have written quite a few helpful articles on vegetable growing.Enjoy.http://www.westsidegardener.com/articles/index_complete.html
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. papajo

Bamboo screening

Maybe, depends how well made the screen is. Some horizontal timbers top & bottom would make sure.
    Maybe, depends how well made the screen is. Some horizontal timbers top & bottom would make sure.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. berry

Eryngium??

What I'd do, is pop it in another small pot to see what it does just in case it turns into a magical plant - and use your container for your seedlings.
    What I'd do, is pop it in another small pot to see what it does just in case it turns into a magical plant - and use your container for your seedlings.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. wishaw

Do you think we worked hard?

Dave, I think as Wishaw and Papajo said the most important thing is safety. That means a decent distance from house, fences etc. Having said that you don't have to have a huge, out of control...
    Dave, I think as Wishaw and Papajo said the most important thing is safety. That means a decent distance from house, fences etc. Having said that you don't have to have a huge, out of control type, bonfire. My fires were never much larger than the fire that you have in a fireplace. I made a...
    Dave, I think as Wishaw and Papajo said the most important thing is safety. That means a decent distance from house, fences etc. Having said that you don't have to have a huge, out of control type, bonfire. My fires were never much larger than...
    Dave, I think as Wishaw and Papajo said the most important thing is safety. That means a decent distance from house, fences etc. Having said that you don't have to have a huge, out of control...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. The Pea Of Sweetness

Thought i'd show you my Clematis as it looks so nice!

10 !!! :eek: as in ten... no I bought just the one in Sainsburys last year gave it a lot of attention it looks like it is going to repay me have U seen it in flower?
    10 !!! :eek: as in ten... no I bought just the one in Sainsburys last year gave it a lot of attention it looks like it is going to repay me have U seen it in flower?
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice