That would have been ideal!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Rich garden

My daffs have opened up.

mini ones are usually always early. when you select bulbs pay attention to the bloom time. that way you can get a long season of always having some type of daffs blooming all the way into end...
    mini ones are usually always early. when you select bulbs pay attention to the bloom time. that way you can get a long season of always having some type of daffs blooming all the way into end of May.
    mini ones are usually always early. when you select bulbs pay attention to the bloom time. that way you can get a long season of always having some type of daffs blooming all the way into end of May.
    mini ones are usually always early. when you select bulbs pay attention to the bloom time. that way you can get a long season of always having some type of daffs blooming all the way into end...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marcus

Just moved to a flat!!!

If allowable I would try to form a wind break round the balcony made of heavy duty clear polythene or even some thin acrylic sheets.
    If allowable I would try to form a wind break round the balcony made of heavy duty clear polythene or even some thin acrylic sheets.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. returnmack

Anyone else got a hydrangea quercifolia?

Gaz, I got mine from Shrubs Direct on-line http://www.shrubsdirect.com/They only deliver by the palette load, though, so delivery is a shocker. Most of the stuff from them is pretty good. The...
    Gaz, I got mine from Shrubs Direct on-line http://www.shrubsdirect.com/They only deliver by the palette load, though, so delivery is a shocker. Most of the stuff from them is pretty good. The perennials were massive and ready for division immediately, so two for the price of one though.
    Gaz, I got mine from Shrubs Direct on-line http://www.shrubsdirect.com/They only deliver by the palette load, though, so delivery is a shocker. Most of the stuff from them is pretty good. The perennials were massive and ready for division...
    Gaz, I got mine from Shrubs Direct on-line http://www.shrubsdirect.com/They only deliver by the palette load, though, so delivery is a shocker. Most of the stuff from them is pretty good. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. zilly
    Like x 3

I'm so HAPPY

Lovely sandy loam here. I guess I wouldn't swap either :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. oakdaledave

Rasberries and Strawberries

Well, yes but you would still need support and the yield from 1 plant is not going to be very high. Any reason why you only want 1 plant ? For support a stout post about 6 foot high, with a...
    Well, yes but you would still need support and the yield from 1 plant is not going to be very high. Any reason why you only want 1 plant ? For support a stout post about 6 foot high, with a crossbar at the top and bottom about 1 foot long so you can fasten wires to it and tie the canes to the...
    Well, yes but you would still need support and the yield from 1 plant is not going to be very high. Any reason why you only want 1 plant ? For support a stout post about 6 foot high, with a crossbar at the top and bottom about 1 foot long so you...
    Well, yes but you would still need support and the yield from 1 plant is not going to be very high. Any reason why you only want 1 plant ? For support a stout post about 6 foot high, with a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. DavieM

Mourning Glory

Thanks for that, mine is Blue colour, and I will watch for the slugs, seems to have taken ok, and is in the sunniest part of the garden so here's hopeing.
    Thanks for that, mine is Blue colour, and I will watch for the slugs, seems to have taken ok, and is in the sunniest part of the garden so here's hopeing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Hornbeam

One for the winter

Well done Liz! I know where some plants are and they look to be very vulnerable by a pavement in town. Will try to get some seeds or even offsets if possible. If succesful I will raise some...
    Well done Liz! I know where some plants are and they look to be very vulnerable by a pavement in town. Will try to get some seeds or even offsets if possible. If succesful I will raise some in my garden and share with any of you that want any.Looks like a good link Liz, I'm all for...
    Well done Liz! I know where some plants are and they look to be very vulnerable by a pavement in town. Will try to get some seeds or even offsets if possible. If succesful I will raise some in my garden and share with any of you that want...
    Well done Liz! I know where some plants are and they look to be very vulnerable by a pavement in town. Will try to get some seeds or even offsets if possible. If succesful I will raise some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Lad

Glaldioli for showing

Can I show them in the October show? I have never gardened on Clay and have to learn about planting all over again luckily my new allotment is loam.
    Can I show them in the October show? I have never gardened on Clay and have to learn about planting all over again luckily my new allotment is loam.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. noisette47
    Funny x 5

Ste Catherine

Oooo that's a bit harsh! I prepare the soil, make sure the roots are damp and well-surrounded by lovely, fluffy, nutritious soil. I stroke them, talk to them, stake, water and mulch them......then...
    Oooo that's a bit harsh! I prepare the soil, make sure the roots are damp and well-surrounded by lovely, fluffy, nutritious soil. I stroke them, talk to them, stake, water and mulch them......then they die of drought or flooding 2 years later :roflol: ETA: No plants sent to me by lovely, generous GC...
    Oooo that's a bit harsh! I prepare the soil, make sure the roots are damp and well-surrounded by lovely, fluffy, nutritious soil. I stroke them, talk to them, stake, water and mulch them......then they die of drought or flooding 2 years later :roflol: ...
    Oooo that's a bit harsh! I prepare the soil, make sure the roots are damp and well-surrounded by lovely, fluffy, nutritious soil. I stroke them, talk to them, stake, water and mulch them......then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. shiney

Fungi

Thanks, ziggy :gnthb:. Not edible so I can mow :thmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Rosie99

Hellebores

Hi Rosie I have many hellebores and unless I want some seed or want them to self seed I always chop the dead flowers off and any old leaves after they have finished and they come back with a new...
    Hi Rosie I have many hellebores and unless I want some seed or want them to self seed I always chop the dead flowers off and any old leaves after they have finished and they come back with a new flush of healthy leaves.However I usually do this around May/early June, not sure what difference...
    Hi Rosie I have many hellebores and unless I want some seed or want them to self seed I always chop the dead flowers off and any old leaves after they have finished and they come back with a new flush of healthy leaves.However I usually do...
    Hi Rosie I have many hellebores and unless I want some seed or want them to self seed I always chop the dead flowers off and any old leaves after they have finished and they come back with a new...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. anthea

dispute

????? Theres no rules just common sense, id say 2'
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. alana

Another Try

Thanks Shiney - I did miss your post but pleased you've got an identification on your yellow salisfy. I've heard of goatsbeard but didn't realise the flowers were edible.I'm not going to...
    Thanks Shiney - I did miss your post but pleased you've got an identification on your yellow salisfy. I've heard of goatsbeard but didn't realise the flowers were edible.I'm not going to attempt eating the flowers on my plant. I would rather look at them because they are quite attractive...
    Thanks Shiney - I did miss your post but pleased you've got an identification on your yellow salisfy. I've heard of goatsbeard but didn't realise the flowers were edible.I'm not going to attempt eating the flowers on my plant. I would rather...
    Thanks Shiney - I did miss your post but pleased you've got an identification on your yellow salisfy. I've heard of goatsbeard but didn't realise the flowers were edible.I'm not going to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. PLOTTY

MY WEEKS : 15 & 16 UPDATE POSTED

Glad to hear your feeling better.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. accidentalgardener

Potting combinations

I've just made up my hanging baskets with lavender ice pansies and trailing ivy..I bought the pansies as plugs but you can buy them as readies now or from garden centre. They are supposed to be...
    I've just made up my hanging baskets with lavender ice pansies and trailing ivy..I bought the pansies as plugs but you can buy them as readies now or from garden centre. They are supposed to be fairly tough little fellas..we'll see!
    I've just made up my hanging baskets with lavender ice pansies and trailing ivy..I bought the pansies as plugs but you can buy them as readies now or from garden centre. They are supposed to be fairly tough little fellas..we'll see!
    I've just made up my hanging baskets with lavender ice pansies and trailing ivy..I bought the pansies as plugs but you can buy them as readies now or from garden centre. They are supposed to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. betty haynes

planting

Should be fine unless it has been grown under cover and therefore much further on than it should be new growth wise. Even then it might get a bit of a check if it gets frosted but should recover....
    Should be fine unless it has been grown under cover and therefore much further on than it should be new growth wise. Even then it might get a bit of a check if it gets frosted but should recover. Which variety is it? I grow about 5 0r 6 different ones and all of mine are as hardy as anything....
    Should be fine unless it has been grown under cover and therefore much further on than it should be new growth wise. Even then it might get a bit of a check if it gets frosted but should recover. Which variety is it? I grow about 5 0r 6...
    Should be fine unless it has been grown under cover and therefore much further on than it should be new growth wise. Even then it might get a bit of a check if it gets frosted but should recover....
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fat Controller

Problematic passiflora

Ah, too much love - so they are a bit like nasturtiums then, and thrive on tough love? I shall duly ignore it for a while and see what happens :blue thumb:
    Ah, too much love - so they are a bit like nasturtiums then, and thrive on tough love? I shall duly ignore it for a while and see what happens :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. gardenlearner

evergreen garden

Hi GL heathers are really good for year round show just stear clear of those nasty unnatural colours!There is also an awful lot of evergreen shrubs my favourites are the ones with variegated...
    Hi GL heathers are really good for year round show just stear clear of those nasty unnatural colours!There is also an awful lot of evergreen shrubs my favourites are the ones with variegated foliage which you can get the following forms in; Aucuba japonica, Euonymus, Hebe, Ilex, Pieris...
    Hi GL heathers are really good for year round show just stear clear of those nasty unnatural colours!There is also an awful lot of evergreen shrubs my favourites are the ones with variegated foliage which you can get the following forms in;...
    Hi GL heathers are really good for year round show just stear clear of those nasty unnatural colours!There is also an awful lot of evergreen shrubs my favourites are the ones with variegated...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Craig1987

Crocus

Can you not scrape back some of the gravel and plant them in the soil (assuming that there is soil) underneath? It'll save a lot of messing about and they'll multiply better too. If this is not...
    Can you not scrape back some of the gravel and plant them in the soil (assuming that there is soil) underneath? It'll save a lot of messing about and they'll multiply better too. If this is not possible, leave them undisturbed for a couple of years, again to help them multiply. You can top the...
    Can you not scrape back some of the gravel and plant them in the soil (assuming that there is soil) underneath? It'll save a lot of messing about and they'll multiply better too. If this is not possible, leave them undisturbed for a couple of...
    Can you not scrape back some of the gravel and plant them in the soil (assuming that there is soil) underneath? It'll save a lot of messing about and they'll multiply better too. If this is not...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice