1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. stannolly

GLADIOLI

Help please, a friend of mine is trying to locate, to buy, a gladioli by the name of BRIDAL (or similiar) can anyone enlighten or assist please. The hardy laurel
    Help please, a friend of mine is trying to locate, to buy, a gladioli by the name of BRIDAL (or similiar) can anyone enlighten or assist please. The hardy laurel
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. honey83

August Flowers

Thank youThank you so much,I will give them a go!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Verdun

Scented plants for winter

Clematis Armandii. Hyacinths?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. sawfish

planting fritillaria bulbs

is it safe enough to to plant fritillaria bulbs in the earth now? Even though its too late for them to flower this year.What I mean is they wont lie and rot? [ 07. July 2006, 06:25 PM:...
    is it safe enough to to plant fritillaria bulbs in the earth now? Even though its too late for them to flower this year.What I mean is they wont lie and rot? [ 07. July 2006, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: sawfish ]
    is it safe enough to to plant fritillaria bulbs in the earth now? Even though its too late for them to flower this year.What I mean is they wont lie and rot? [ 07. July 2006, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: sawfish ]
    is it safe enough to to plant fritillaria bulbs in the earth now? Even though its too late for them to flower this year.What I mean is they wont lie and rot? [ 07. July 2006, 06:25 PM:...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. tahsocks

Tomato Blight

Are you sure it's blight? Can you post a photo of it. Your description sounds more like Botrytis.The tell tale signs of Blight are under the leaves, there will be black/brown blotches with...
    Are you sure it's blight? Can you post a photo of it. Your description sounds more like Botrytis.The tell tale signs of Blight are under the leaves, there will be black/brown blotches with white(ish) fringes.
    Are you sure it's blight? Can you post a photo of it. Your description sounds more like Botrytis.The tell tale signs of Blight are under the leaves, there will be black/brown blotches with white(ish) fringes.
    Are you sure it's blight? Can you post a photo of it. Your description sounds more like Botrytis.The tell tale signs of Blight are under the leaves, there will be black/brown blotches with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Skelf

New garden needs fast colour

iff you put a trellis against the wall buy a climbing shrub called solanum glasnevin it is ideal for a sheltered spot, i have got one growing on my balcony, iff you can get one now it will grow...
    iff you put a trellis against the wall buy a climbing shrub called solanum glasnevin it is ideal for a sheltered spot, i have got one growing on my balcony, iff you can get one now it will grow fine but will not flower until next year, great coverage, the flowers on mine are coming out now they...
    iff you put a trellis against the wall buy a climbing shrub called solanum glasnevin it is ideal for a sheltered spot, i have got one growing on my balcony, iff you can get one now it will grow fine but will not flower until next year, great...
    iff you put a trellis against the wall buy a climbing shrub called solanum glasnevin it is ideal for a sheltered spot, i have got one growing on my balcony, iff you can get one now it will grow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. eddybaby

Little Blighters??

I wasn't looking at the first post for the photo, my apologies.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. geoffhandley

Nectarscordum

Mine are about a metre. Will label and seperate out the white bulb later.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. xNattyx

To keep in pots or put in garden?

ok i will keep them in their pots i think all will need repotting. When i do in spring shall i add a little rotted manure in aswell as they probably be kept in their pots till end of the year! ...
    ok i will keep them in their pots i think all will need repotting. When i do in spring shall i add a little rotted manure in aswell as they probably be kept in their pots till end of the year! Shame as im going miss all the growing season and got to fight the urge not to buy any plants or sow...
    ok i will keep them in their pots i think all will need repotting. When i do in spring shall i add a little rotted manure in aswell as they probably be kept in their pots till end of the year! Shame as im going miss all the growing season and...
    ok i will keep them in their pots i think all will need repotting. When i do in spring shall i add a little rotted manure in aswell as they probably be kept in their pots till end of the year! ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. darlofranco

Salix woes

Hi I have had a Salix in my back garden for about 4/5 years now and its been great until last year. The leaves began to fall and die at the front of the plant, I trimmed them back and thought it...
    Hi I have had a Salix in my back garden for about 4/5 years now and its been great until last year. The leaves began to fall and die at the front of the plant, I trimmed them back and thought it will probably come back ok next year. Well this year is here and its looks pretty sad for itself,...
    Hi I have had a Salix in my back garden for about 4/5 years now and its been great until last year. The leaves began to fall and die at the front of the plant, I trimmed them back and thought it will probably come back ok next year. Well this...
    Hi I have had a Salix in my back garden for about 4/5 years now and its been great until last year. The leaves began to fall and die at the front of the plant, I trimmed them back and thought it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Ian Taylor

sowing advice about Orchid seeds

Thats great thanks, will be sterilising compost this weekend, will use seed compost
    Thats great thanks, will be sterilising compost this weekend, will use seed compost
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. rhianc101

Will this grow back?

The problem with some plants is that although they may be a bit green under the bark high up, it can be residual moisture, you can even sometimes get a few tiny buds forming because there was...
    The problem with some plants is that although they may be a bit green under the bark high up, it can be residual moisture, you can even sometimes get a few tiny buds forming because there was enough moisture in the sap below them. But if it's not bright green under the bark, low down, it might...
    The problem with some plants is that although they may be a bit green under the bark high up, it can be residual moisture, you can even sometimes get a few tiny buds forming because there was enough moisture in the sap below them. But if it's not...
    The problem with some plants is that although they may be a bit green under the bark high up, it can be residual moisture, you can even sometimes get a few tiny buds forming because there was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. *dim*

Garden Planning for a Wedding in April

If she just wants planted containers about the place then you have no problems. Let us know when you have more info.:dbgrtmb:
    If she just wants planted containers about the place then you have no problems. Let us know when you have more info.:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kelly83

Plan B grapevine pruning ?

I don't know the correct answer, but when I have "training" problems I just take an additional shoot, the following year, to where I want. Ultimately the plant is supporting the required number...
    I don't know the correct answer, but when I have "training" problems I just take an additional shoot, the following year, to where I want. Ultimately the plant is supporting the required number of "branches" so I'm not sure it matters too much whether they original from the original stem, or...
    I don't know the correct answer, but when I have "training" problems I just take an additional shoot, the following year, to where I want. Ultimately the plant is supporting the required number of "branches" so I'm not sure it matters too much...
    I don't know the correct answer, but when I have "training" problems I just take an additional shoot, the following year, to where I want. Ultimately the plant is supporting the required number...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. David Price

Spring Gentian (?)

Hi David,The plant in your photo is a Campanula ( Bellflower ).I'd need a closer up piccy to be sure but it looks like either Campanula Garganica or Campanula Portenschlagiana.Both are way...
    Hi David,The plant in your photo is a Campanula ( Bellflower ).I'd need a closer up piccy to be sure but it looks like either Campanula Garganica or Campanula Portenschlagiana.Both are way to grow from seed or by cuttings if you know someone with one.
    Hi David,The plant in your photo is a Campanula ( Bellflower ).I'd need a closer up piccy to be sure but it looks like either Campanula Garganica or Campanula Portenschlagiana.Both are way to grow from seed or by cuttings if you know...
    Hi David,The plant in your photo is a Campanula ( Bellflower ).I'd need a closer up piccy to be sure but it looks like either Campanula Garganica or Campanula Portenschlagiana.Both are way...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. kapper5502
    Like x 5

Hanging Basket

Looks great :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. intermiplants

are big blue slug pellets banned

does any one know if the big blue slug pellets have been banned? ive not been able to find them anywhere for ages . i can only find the blue mini pellets that the rain washes away. if not im...
    does any one know if the big blue slug pellets have been banned? ive not been able to find them anywhere for ages . i can only find the blue mini pellets that the rain washes away. if not im going to give up looking and try sluggit thanks
    does any one know if the big blue slug pellets have been banned? ive not been able to find them anywhere for ages . i can only find the blue mini pellets that the rain washes away. if not im going to give up looking and try sluggit thanks
    does any one know if the big blue slug pellets have been banned? ive not been able to find them anywhere for ages . i can only find the blue mini pellets that the rain washes away. if not im...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fat Controller

Delphinium Seeds

Plant sciences. What is the durability of a seed? Please Google this.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. OxfordNick

Wood Sorrel ?

The Pink Geranium is nice in it's place but is invasive. If you wanted more, just put a spade through the centre and you have 2 etc. I have a few around the garden and keep them in cotrol by...
    The Pink Geranium is nice in it's place but is invasive. If you wanted more, just put a spade through the centre and you have 2 etc. I have a few around the garden and keep them in cotrol by chopping around them in the Spring to the size I can live with. The same goes for the old fashioned Blue...
    The Pink Geranium is nice in it's place but is invasive. If you wanted more, just put a spade through the centre and you have 2 etc. I have a few around the garden and keep them in cotrol by chopping around them in the Spring to the size I can...
    The Pink Geranium is nice in it's place but is invasive. If you wanted more, just put a spade through the centre and you have 2 etc. I have a few around the garden and keep them in cotrol by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. daz and debs

yahoo it worked some more on the way lol

Sorry but i have the same problem "I forget too". I printed the step by step "how to" and I keep it close at hand! MEF750
    Sorry but i have the same problem "I forget too". I printed the step by step "how to" and I keep it close at hand! MEF750
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice