1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Waco

Podophylya

THANKS! now know what to look for, I realy would like to try re stock from the fruit if possible.did not know it was poisonus, not surprising as the big orange fruit looks to delicious.
    THANKS! now know what to look for, I realy would like to try re stock from the fruit if possible.did not know it was poisonus, not surprising as the big orange fruit looks to delicious.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. LadeeLilly

N E 1 know anything about Calla Lillies???

Normaly speaking the Calla Lily is a repeat flowering perennial and can go outside in the summer. Have seen them outside many times - no problems in cutting the dead flowers off.
    Normaly speaking the Calla Lily is a repeat flowering perennial and can go outside in the summer. Have seen them outside many times - no problems in cutting the dead flowers off.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. madaboutbulbs

Muscarii

Many thanks Palustris - I'll give it a go. Oh yes, and commiserations to frogesque - I promise you they are like the proverbial bad penny. They ALWAYS turn up every spring !! Well, maybe not next...
    Many thanks Palustris - I'll give it a go. Oh yes, and commiserations to frogesque - I promise you they are like the proverbial bad penny. They ALWAYS turn up every spring !! Well, maybe not next spring - now where's that Roundup ? :rolleyes:
    Many thanks Palustris - I'll give it a go. Oh yes, and commiserations to frogesque - I promise you they are like the proverbial bad penny. They ALWAYS turn up every spring !! Well, maybe not next spring - now where's that Roundup ? :rolleyes:
    Many thanks Palustris - I'll give it a go. Oh yes, and commiserations to frogesque - I promise you they are like the proverbial bad penny. They ALWAYS turn up every spring !! Well, maybe not next...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wishaw

Getting ready for planting now...

sorry could not get link - but just went to amazon and bought another of his two books AAhhhhh.... He was a musician (as am I) so got "well tempered gardined" will have to see how it compares to...
    sorry could not get link - but just went to amazon and bought another of his two books AAhhhhh.... He was a musician (as am I) so got "well tempered gardined" will have to see how it compares to Bach! not bark ;)
    sorry could not get link - but just went to amazon and bought another of his two books AAhhhhh.... He was a musician (as am I) so got "well tempered gardined" will have to see how it compares to Bach! not bark ;)
    sorry could not get link - but just went to amazon and bought another of his two books AAhhhhh.... He was a musician (as am I) so got "well tempered gardined" will have to see how it compares to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. HelenW

Orchids and Japanese Pebber

There are quite a lot of different orchids - and how yo treat them all varies a bit. Do you know which kind you have? I expect it's a phalaenopsis, as they're the most striking looking ones...
    There are quite a lot of different orchids - and how yo treat them all varies a bit. Do you know which kind you have? I expect it's a phalaenopsis, as they're the most striking looking ones available in garden centres! But I was given a dendrobium at Christmas - (hence my name!) - so can you...
    There are quite a lot of different orchids - and how yo treat them all varies a bit. Do you know which kind you have? I expect it's a phalaenopsis, as they're the most striking looking ones available in garden centres! But I was given a...
    There are quite a lot of different orchids - and how yo treat them all varies a bit. Do you know which kind you have? I expect it's a phalaenopsis, as they're the most striking looking ones...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. redfifi1717

More half barrels!

They're pretty big, aren't they, those barrels? What I've done in the past is to get bulbs in deep round the edges, so they come up every spring, and have a tallish evergreen thing in the centre,...
    They're pretty big, aren't they, those barrels? What I've done in the past is to get bulbs in deep round the edges, so they come up every spring, and have a tallish evergreen thing in the centre, like a spotted laurel, or some other shiny-leaved plant, and have bedding in between, which I...
    They're pretty big, aren't they, those barrels? What I've done in the past is to get bulbs in deep round the edges, so they come up every spring, and have a tallish evergreen thing in the centre, like a spotted laurel, or some other shiny-leaved...
    They're pretty big, aren't they, those barrels? What I've done in the past is to get bulbs in deep round the edges, so they come up every spring, and have a tallish evergreen thing in the centre,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. pumpkinsoup

help with a shady area

How about Polygonatum for some spring interest, lots of different types of foliage available (I've been researching for myself-its a woodland plant so will tolerate loads of shade). All sizes...
    How about Polygonatum for some spring interest, lots of different types of foliage available (I've been researching for myself-its a woodland plant so will tolerate loads of shade). All sizes available too - the large one grows up to 5 foot
    How about Polygonatum for some spring interest, lots of different types of foliage available (I've been researching for myself-its a woodland plant so will tolerate loads of shade). All sizes available too - the large one grows up to 5 foot
    How about Polygonatum for some spring interest, lots of different types of foliage available (I've been researching for myself-its a woodland plant so will tolerate loads of shade). All sizes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. grinch

musa basjoo

thanks for reply pete 13 deg is min temp its been there about 2 months been told they need lots of water & feed but not sure how much & when Also got a dicksonia antartica one with a good root...
    thanks for reply pete 13 deg is min temp its been there about 2 months been told they need lots of water & feed but not sure how much & when Also got a dicksonia antartica one with a good root ball that seems to be doing ok sorry can not get picture to upload will try again later
    thanks for reply pete 13 deg is min temp its been there about 2 months been told they need lots of water & feed but not sure how much & when Also got a dicksonia antartica one with a good root ball that seems to be doing ok sorry can not get...
    thanks for reply pete 13 deg is min temp its been there about 2 months been told they need lots of water & feed but not sure how much & when Also got a dicksonia antartica one with a good root...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. The Pea Of Sweetness

Any Poppy experts out there at all?

Aaaaaaaagh. Did I speak too soon or what. I have just found the poppy which I have been trying to kill for the last 4 years, growing away happily. I would not bother but it is in the middle of a...
    Aaaaaaaagh. Did I speak too soon or what. I have just found the poppy which I have been trying to kill for the last 4 years, growing away happily. I would not bother but it is in the middle of a bed which is supposed to be either grasses or tall yellow daisies. It would look AWFUL!
    Aaaaaaaagh. Did I speak too soon or what. I have just found the poppy which I have been trying to kill for the last 4 years, growing away happily. I would not bother but it is in the middle of a bed which is supposed to be either grasses or tall...
    Aaaaaaaagh. Did I speak too soon or what. I have just found the poppy which I have been trying to kill for the last 4 years, growing away happily. I would not bother but it is in the middle of a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. The Pea Of Sweetness

This probably sounds like a daft question but you know when....

Probably the nicest alley in Liverpool! Certainly beats the one behind my old terrace house in Kenny! I could have taken lots of photos like Lisa's one out there - yuck!
    Probably the nicest alley in Liverpool! Certainly beats the one behind my old terrace house in Kenny! I could have taken lots of photos like Lisa's one out there - yuck!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Nibus

Hedge

Hedging.co.uk is very good for mail order - or at least I've found them so. I ordered some BERBERIS JULIANAE which is now waiting to go in - that's an evergreen, prickly as anything! they're only...
    Hedging.co.uk is very good for mail order - or at least I've found them so. I ordered some BERBERIS JULIANAE which is now waiting to go in - that's an evergreen, prickly as anything! they're only a foot high and already covered in spines! :D
    Hedging.co.uk is very good for mail order - or at least I've found them so. I ordered some BERBERIS JULIANAE which is now waiting to go in - that's an evergreen, prickly as anything! they're only a foot high and already covered in spines! :D
    Hedging.co.uk is very good for mail order - or at least I've found them so. I ordered some BERBERIS JULIANAE which is now waiting to go in - that's an evergreen, prickly as anything! they're only...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. jules

icanthus

Be aware, it propagates from root cuttings. That means that every time you get fed up with it and dig it out - it comes back. I've got mine in a couple of pots. I already have a flower stem on...
    Be aware, it propagates from root cuttings. That means that every time you get fed up with it and dig it out - it comes back. I've got mine in a couple of pots. I already have a flower stem on one.It can get powdery mildew. That white covering that plants get. It is not fatal but weakens...
    Be aware, it propagates from root cuttings. That means that every time you get fed up with it and dig it out - it comes back. I've got mine in a couple of pots. I already have a flower stem on one.It can get powdery mildew. That white...
    Be aware, it propagates from root cuttings. That means that every time you get fed up with it and dig it out - it comes back. I've got mine in a couple of pots. I already have a flower stem on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kazonline

Where to start?

your ultimate "friend" is your MP, when i was in Civil Service believe me thaey had clout, so dont be afraid to wave this wand, go back to land registry and ask for a ruling in writing, they must...
    your ultimate "friend" is your MP, when i was in Civil Service believe me thaey had clout, so dont be afraid to wave this wand, go back to land registry and ask for a ruling in writing, they must give it to you, they are civil servants, ask for the grade of the person you are talking to, if HEO...
    your ultimate "friend" is your MP, when i was in Civil Service believe me thaey had clout, so dont be afraid to wave this wand, go back to land registry and ask for a ruling in writing, they must give it to you, they are civil servants, ask for...
    your ultimate "friend" is your MP, when i was in Civil Service believe me thaey had clout, so dont be afraid to wave this wand, go back to land registry and ask for a ruling in writing, they must...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. anne

daffodiles

thank u i think my husband may of mowed too soon as we had a lovely display last year it was the first year of them being in the garden they are well seperated
    thank u i think my husband may of mowed too soon as we had a lovely display last year it was the first year of them being in the garden they are well seperated
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. sheppy

aerate - which sand?

That's good then - I can get started! Thanks!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. morris28

Fragrant Climbers

Thanks Denrobium for the links.My Abelia x grandiflora is on the way.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Orchid man

GA3 acid (gbirric acid) & kelp

hi dudes i have resentley bought 10 gram of GA3 acid and 30gram of cocentrated kelp for my plants how often should i use it
    hi dudes i have resentley bought 10 gram of GA3 acid and 30gram of cocentrated kelp for my plants how often should i use it
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. wishaw

Gorse

lovely picture, Waco! I love stuff growing so naturally! If you want to, you can edit your post, delete the photo, and put in the reduced version! But such a nice picture looks good that big! :D
    lovely picture, Waco! I love stuff growing so naturally! If you want to, you can edit your post, delete the photo, and put in the reduced version! But such a nice picture looks good that big! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. leejames

Advice needed

Thanks everyone for your advice. Will have a go at cutting them down to more suitable height! May come back for more advice! Many thanks.
    Thanks everyone for your advice. Will have a go at cutting them down to more suitable height! May come back for more advice! Many thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. lazy-gardener

how easy is it to make a pergola??

well i can tell you a rough cost now! Its tannelised timber I have ordered ( should have been delivered by now- hope no one nicks it) The design is approx 12 ft long with 3 uprights and 5 maybe 6...
    well i can tell you a rough cost now! Its tannelised timber I have ordered ( should have been delivered by now- hope no one nicks it) The design is approx 12 ft long with 3 uprights and 5 maybe 6 crossbeams. I phoned round a few timber merchants and the quote was from �£60 to �£140 for the...
    well i can tell you a rough cost now! Its tannelised timber I have ordered ( should have been delivered by now- hope no one nicks it) The design is approx 12 ft long with 3 uprights and 5 maybe 6 crossbeams. I phoned round a few timber merchants...
    well i can tell you a rough cost now! Its tannelised timber I have ordered ( should have been delivered by now- hope no one nicks it) The design is approx 12 ft long with 3 uprights and 5 maybe 6...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice