1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. ice

help

sorry you miss understood me the brook is out front the ground i am looking at is round back, where i lived before although the water was further away we still got frogs and dragonflys in the...
    sorry you miss understood me the brook is out front the ground i am looking at is round back, where i lived before although the water was further away we still got frogs and dragonflys in the garden oh and a bat so i was hoping to attacted same wild life my garden there was more formal
    sorry you miss understood me the brook is out front the ground i am looking at is round back, where i lived before although the water was further away we still got frogs and dragonflys in the garden oh and a bat so i was hoping to attacted same...
    sorry you miss understood me the brook is out front the ground i am looking at is round back, where i lived before although the water was further away we still got frogs and dragonflys in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. my 3 boys

Laurel hedging

Best thing to do is to spray with water and then mulch the roots, keep spraying leaves till you either win , or you are sure they wont recover, they will take hard pruning so don t worry too much
    Best thing to do is to spray with water and then mulch the roots, keep spraying leaves till you either win , or you are sure they wont recover, they will take hard pruning so don t worry too much
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Paladin

What do you think?

:eek: How I wish I had such a feature in my plot. Don't think I would be too concerned with the planting :D Like I said ...shoot the goose!
    :eek: How I wish I had such a feature in my plot. Don't think I would be too concerned with the planting :D Like I said ...shoot the goose!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. mowgley

Pricking out

I would wait til the second leaves show on all of them - give them the best start. I usually have to thin my seedlings to stop them getting overcrowded, well before I start pricking out and potting up
    I would wait til the second leaves show on all of them - give them the best start. I usually have to thin my seedlings to stop them getting overcrowded, well before I start pricking out and potting up
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. pumpkinsoup

fushcia!!

Boring is not a term I would use to describe fuchsia However until they start into growth, bare twigs, are bare twigs, are bare twigs :D
    Boring is not a term I would use to describe fuchsia However until they start into growth, bare twigs, are bare twigs, are bare twigs :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. conks

Very, very basics explained please

agreed! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. buffalo

camelia

it is not happy, are the leaves pale at all, does it bud and then they drop off? is it in the same pot and if so change the compost,[and move to bigger pot if needbe] using ericaceous compost,...
    it is not happy, are the leaves pale at all, does it bud and then they drop off? is it in the same pot and if so change the compost,[and move to bigger pot if needbe] using ericaceous compost, give it a feed of ericaceous liquid feed, including foliar spray The most likely explanation is aspect...
    it is not happy, are the leaves pale at all, does it bud and then they drop off? is it in the same pot and if so change the compost,[and move to bigger pot if needbe] using ericaceous compost, give it a feed of ericaceous liquid feed, including...
    it is not happy, are the leaves pale at all, does it bud and then they drop off? is it in the same pot and if so change the compost,[and move to bigger pot if needbe] using ericaceous compost,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. morris28

Fragrant Climbers

Thanks Denrobium for the links.My Abelia x grandiflora is on the way.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Simonne15

Defence/Help

Thanks again. They were back again today. We decided to try an experiment putting some of the basket filler they like into an 'empty' hanging basket so that they could help themselves without...
    Thanks again. They were back again today. We decided to try an experiment putting some of the basket filler they like into an 'empty' hanging basket so that they could help themselves without wrecking my plants. We then had to go out. When we returned, the whole 'lump' had gone; so we'll never...
    Thanks again. They were back again today. We decided to try an experiment putting some of the basket filler they like into an 'empty' hanging basket so that they could help themselves without wrecking my plants. We then had to go out. When we...
    Thanks again. They were back again today. We decided to try an experiment putting some of the basket filler they like into an 'empty' hanging basket so that they could help themselves without...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Orchid man
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Stingo

Sweet pea pinching out advice please!!

ah - ha!!!! perhaps thats why my Sweet Peas are always thin and patheticaaly straggy compared to the neighbour's whose are always bushy and thick and soooooooooooo much better than mine...... ...
    ah - ha!!!! perhaps thats why my Sweet Peas are always thin and patheticaaly straggy compared to the neighbour's whose are always bushy and thick and soooooooooooo much better than mine......hopefully now, I may have some decent ones.....(well, we live in hope..)
    ah - ha!!!! perhaps thats why my Sweet Peas are always thin and patheticaaly straggy compared to the neighbour's whose are always bushy and thick and soooooooooooo much better than mine......hopefully now, I may have some decent...
    ah - ha!!!! perhaps thats why my Sweet Peas are always thin and patheticaaly straggy compared to the neighbour's whose are always bushy and thick and soooooooooooo much better than mine...... ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. gardeners-advice.

Sloping garden

the first thing i noted is two colours of the fence, i think they should all be the same, secondly i think in the lower area, the soil is below the path, and it should be level, it looks a bit...
    the first thing i noted is two colours of the fence, i think they should all be the same, secondly i think in the lower area, the soil is below the path, and it should be level, it looks a bit poor, but really difficult to say from a piccy, anyway i suggest you need to build up fertility and get...
    the first thing i noted is two colours of the fence, i think they should all be the same, secondly i think in the lower area, the soil is below the path, and it should be level, it looks a bit poor, but really difficult to say from a piccy,...
    the first thing i noted is two colours of the fence, i think they should all be the same, secondly i think in the lower area, the soil is below the path, and it should be level, it looks a bit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Barra

Shrubs which will withstand wind and salt

1)Senecio Greyii [metre high] is a salt and wind tolerant species, its grown for foliage rather than flower, and can be used to act as a wind barrier, it will need trimmed annually or it grows...
    1)Senecio Greyii [metre high] is a salt and wind tolerant species, its grown for foliage rather than flower, and can be used to act as a wind barrier, it will need trimmed annually or it grows rather straggly,, 2)Escalonia is a good all year round hedging type shrub which is evergreen and has...
    1)Senecio Greyii [metre high] is a salt and wind tolerant species, its grown for foliage rather than flower, and can be used to act as a wind barrier, it will need trimmed annually or it grows rather straggly,, 2)Escalonia is a good all year...
    1)Senecio Greyii [metre high] is a salt and wind tolerant species, its grown for foliage rather than flower, and can be used to act as a wind barrier, it will need trimmed annually or it grows...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Franco50

Photinia Red Robin

Photinia Red Robin..... Very often if you lightly prune when the red is fading it will reward you with another another flush of red foliage,moreso with larger plants.
    Photinia Red Robin..... Very often if you lightly prune when the red is fading it will reward you with another another flush of red foliage,moreso with larger plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. wrexx

laying slabs

if you want to delete any duplicates, or just edit what you've written, there's an edit post icon above what you've written on every post
    if you want to delete any duplicates, or just edit what you've written, there's an edit post icon above what you've written on every post
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Orchid man

lilly & orchid from the root

the seed i mean
    the seed i mean
    the seed i mean
    the seed i mean
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Orchid man

vinilla from seed

That's not very nice Orchid man, no flaming on here please!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. sam040585

new to gardening, and need advice?

apologies for pic quallity (jack of all trades, master of none.) :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Orchid man

were to buy hybrid orchid seeds?

all types and i heard you need to infect them with symbotic fingus. were can i optain this from?
    all types and i heard you need to infect them with symbotic fingus. were can i optain this from?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. morris28

Mulches

Hi there,Thanks and happy to be guided by the consensus although grateful to Pete2255 for confirming that there was some substance, albeit outdated, to my incorrect assertion.Many Thanks.
    Hi there,Thanks and happy to be guided by the consensus although grateful to Pete2255 for confirming that there was some substance, albeit outdated, to my incorrect assertion.Many Thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice