1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. roders
    Like x 3

Aquilegia frustration.

As with a lot of plants, they are susceptible to windburn, too dry and too wet conditions. Take your pick :dunno:
    As with a lot of plants, they are susceptible to windburn, too dry and too wet conditions. Take your pick :dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Mithril

Aquilegia - collecting seed / seed pods

Thanks all, I shall have a go. I shalll also look out for small plants next year - she has loads! :)
    Thanks all, I shall have a go. I shalll also look out for small plants next year - she has loads! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Chopper

Aquilegia

I love aquilegias; I grew dozens of varieties in my old garden from the common ones to more choice ones like longissima and skinneri. All though self seeded prolifically and some interesting...
    I love aquilegias; I grew dozens of varieties in my old garden from the common ones to more choice ones like longissima and skinneri. All though self seeded prolifically and some interesting hybrids popped up too, they grew in pots, between flags, in gravel, all over the place. I used to pull...
    I love aquilegias; I grew dozens of varieties in my old garden from the common ones to more choice ones like longissima and skinneri. All though self seeded prolifically and some interesting hybrids popped up too, they grew in pots, between...
    I love aquilegias; I grew dozens of varieties in my old garden from the common ones to more choice ones like longissima and skinneri. All though self seeded prolifically and some interesting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. pom pom

aquilegia

Rich - I do hope Poppy replies to you. She is a veterinary nurse and knows all about poisoned hedgehogs.
    Rich - I do hope Poppy replies to you. She is a veterinary nurse and knows all about poisoned hedgehogs.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. elainefiz

Aquilegia

Thankyou kindly everyone.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. T

Aquilegia

Thanks for that,its interesting to see what happens when they come up.I'm always asuming its me thats not green fingered but I'm getting quit impressed with what I have learnt up to now with a...
    Thanks for that,its interesting to see what happens when they come up.I'm always asuming its me thats not green fingered but I'm getting quit impressed with what I have learnt up to now with a little help from my friends of course this web site is great. Off to the garden festival now at Ness.
    Thanks for that,its interesting to see what happens when they come up.I'm always asuming its me thats not green fingered but I'm getting quit impressed with what I have learnt up to now with a little help from my friends of course this web site...
    Thanks for that,its interesting to see what happens when they come up.I'm always asuming its me thats not green fingered but I'm getting quit impressed with what I have learnt up to now with a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JarBax

Aqualeiga!

The first photo I put on (white and purple) is Adelaide Addison which is a short plant and the flowers look upwards. Can't remember what the second one is. When I get a chance I shall take...
    The first photo I put on (white and purple) is Adelaide Addison which is a short plant and the flowers look upwards. Can't remember what the second one is. When I get a chance I shall take photos of some of the others. Mrs shiney says that we also have some varieties that bloom later. The...
    The first photo I put on (white and purple) is Adelaide Addison which is a short plant and the flowers look upwards. Can't remember what the second one is. When I get a chance I shall take photos of some of the others. Mrs shiney says that we...
    The first photo I put on (white and purple) is Adelaide Addison which is a short plant and the flowers look upwards. Can't remember what the second one is. When I get a chance I shall take...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Crassus

Aqua globes?

Thread from last Spring:
    Thread from last Spring:
    Thread from last Spring:
    Thread from last Spring:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. rosebay

April...finally safely frost free?

Yesterday reached 70F but we had a frost last night. The sun has burned that off now. :blue thumb:
    Yesterday reached 70F but we had a frost last night. The sun has burned that off now. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Webmaster

April's 'To Do' list !

Thanks ladybird, been to the greenhouse and measured my peas, 4ins, i planted them in toilet rolls insides can i leave them in these untill they go in the ground
    Thanks ladybird, been to the greenhouse and measured my peas, 4ins, i planted them in toilet rolls insides can i leave them in these untill they go in the ground
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. sweetpeas

April Jobs

This month I am mostly pricking out seedlings into pots, moving stuff from the greenhouse to the coldframe, moving stuff from the coldframe to the beds, planning where the dahlias will go,...
    This month I am mostly pricking out seedlings into pots, moving stuff from the greenhouse to the coldframe, moving stuff from the coldframe to the beds, planning where the dahlias will go, thinking of starting off the annuals, weeding weeding weeding, watering.............aaaaaaaaagh
    This month I am mostly pricking out seedlings into pots, moving stuff from the greenhouse to the coldframe, moving stuff from the coldframe to the beds, planning where the dahlias will go, thinking of starting off the annuals, weeding weeding...
    This month I am mostly pricking out seedlings into pots, moving stuff from the greenhouse to the coldframe, moving stuff from the coldframe to the beds, planning where the dahlias will go,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Fran

April Garden Colour

This one is a bit different and easy if you have a damp shadey garden. Oh and I HATE those white daffs! anyone want a load?
    This one is a bit different and easy if you have a damp shadey garden. Oh and I HATE those white daffs! anyone want a load?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. MHG

April Flowers

Wallflowers :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sueliz

Apricots

Hi, someone has given me a load of fresh apricots, last year I tried to make jam with them, but it would not set, ended up with a load of apricot pulp in the freezer!! lovely though! ...
    Hi, someone has given me a load of fresh apricots, last year I tried to make jam with them, but it would not set, ended up with a load of apricot pulp in the freezer!! lovely though! has any one please got a good recipe for jam that will set, I did put lemons with it too ,but...
    Hi, someone has given me a load of fresh apricots, last year I tried to make jam with them, but it would not set, ended up with a load of apricot pulp in the freezer!! lovely though! has any one please got a good recipe for jam that...
    Hi, someone has given me a load of fresh apricots, last year I tried to make jam with them, but it would not set, ended up with a load of apricot pulp in the freezer!! lovely though! ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. paradisi

Apricot Canker

If it`s Bleeding Canker, then yes, it can be passed to other trees, but as Cajary says, it needs to be cut down and burnt, PDQ.
    If it`s Bleeding Canker, then yes, it can be passed to other trees, but as Cajary says, it needs to be cut down and burnt, PDQ.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Bilbo675

Apricot & others

Hello :sunny: I have got my seeds, Lemon Orange and Apricot, and i will be planting today :) Thank you for all the info, i can't work out how to put photo's on this part of the site (Job for Caz later-...
    Hello :sunny: I have got my seeds, Lemon Orange and Apricot, and i will be planting today :) Thank you for all the info, i can't work out how to put photo's on this part of the site (Job for Caz later- daughter) should be fun, just got to keep them away from the Cats and the Dog then :loll: Have a good day bye...
    Hello :sunny: I have got my seeds, Lemon Orange and Apricot, and i will be planting today :) Thank you for all the info, i can't work out how to put photo's on this part of the site (Job for Caz later- daughter) should be fun, just got to keep them away...
    Hello :sunny: I have got my seeds, Lemon Orange and Apricot, and i will be planting today :) Thank you for all the info, i can't work out how to put photo's on this part of the site (Job for Caz later-...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Loofah

Applications now being taken...

Come on down! The Priiiice iiiiis Riiiiiiiiiigght!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. sawfish

apples for Scotland

you can't do better than Butterworth's nurseries - great organic nursery, and they really know what they're talking about. Ring them - phone number on the website.
    you can't do better than Butterworth's nurseries - great organic nursery, and they really know what they're talking about. Ring them - phone number on the website.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jiffy

Apples

Thank you Zigs,"M",Scrungee and PeteBramleys and some eaters for apple crumble and for the birds in winter
    Thank you Zigs,"M",Scrungee and PeteBramleys and some eaters for apple crumble and for the birds in winter
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. pete

Apples

Sorry been a while getting back to this.I've got one Fiesta, one Arthur Turner a Bramley and one unknown, (Acquired from East Malling Research station in the early 60s). The best and...
    Sorry been a while getting back to this.I've got one Fiesta, one Arthur Turner a Bramley and one unknown, (Acquired from East Malling Research station in the early 60s). The best and juiciest apple I've ever tasted direct from the tree.I know for sure none are ready yet, still getting...
    Sorry been a while getting back to this.I've got one Fiesta, one Arthur Turner a Bramley and one unknown, (Acquired from East Malling Research station in the early 60s). The best and juiciest apple I've ever tasted direct from the tree.I...
    Sorry been a while getting back to this.I've got one Fiesta, one Arthur Turner a Bramley and one unknown, (Acquired from East Malling Research station in the early 60s). The best and...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice