1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Dave W

Garden Irrigation Bargains!

:D :D :D :D And I bet that's on a good day! ;) ----------------------------------A couple of years ago, I bought one of those telescopic garden hose wands from Aldi for about �£7. Saw...
    :D :D :D :D And I bet that's on a good day! ;) ----------------------------------A couple of years ago, I bought one of those telescopic garden hose wands from Aldi for about �£7. Saw them in B&Q later, same make, same model about �£15.........I like Aldi ;)
    :D :D :D :D And I bet that's on a good day! ;) ----------------------------------A couple of years ago, I bought one of those telescopic garden hose wands from Aldi for about �£7. Saw them in B&Q later, same make, same model about...
    :D :D :D :D And I bet that's on a good day! ;) ----------------------------------A couple of years ago, I bought one of those telescopic garden hose wands from Aldi for about �£7. Saw...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Honey Bee

Elephants Ears

Ah!!! I have the tops of mine poking out - will go and put them deeper!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Lady Gardener

begonia offers

i saw some offers on the internet,for begonias, but i can t rem which site .. can any1 help please
    i saw some offers on the internet,for begonias, but i can t rem which site .. can any1 help please
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Lady Gardener

horticultural qualifications

this looks cool http://www.klc.co.uk/Open/DiplomaGarden/ and http://www.hccollege.co.uk/
    this looks cool http://www.klc.co.uk/Open/DiplomaGarden/ and http://www.hccollege.co.uk/
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Brass-icas

Sweet William's

Withered and a brown as if dying really
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Rich

I scared a wren

I wouldn't worry it was prolly roosting - its early for wren's to be on the next. At the moment the male will be building/choosing a number of nests for his lady love to choose which she prefers....
    I wouldn't worry it was prolly roosting - its early for wren's to be on the next. At the moment the male will be building/choosing a number of nests for his lady love to choose which she prefers.Smashing little birds - very much ground feeders amongst the leaf litter. So don't tidy your beds...
    I wouldn't worry it was prolly roosting - its early for wren's to be on the next. At the moment the male will be building/choosing a number of nests for his lady love to choose which she prefers.Smashing little birds - very much ground feeders...
    I wouldn't worry it was prolly roosting - its early for wren's to be on the next. At the moment the male will be building/choosing a number of nests for his lady love to choose which she prefers....
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. nskeates

big up hill battle

In respect of the apple trees - the sap is rising and therefore I would not attack these til leaf fall in the autumn. At that time remove the crossing branches, and then prune back. You should be...
    In respect of the apple trees - the sap is rising and therefore I would not attack these til leaf fall in the autumn. At that time remove the crossing branches, and then prune back. You should be able to see the fruiting spurs - best not to prune these out - if you want apples next year :D
    In respect of the apple trees - the sap is rising and therefore I would not attack these til leaf fall in the autumn. At that time remove the crossing branches, and then prune back. You should be able to see the fruiting spurs - best not to prune...
    In respect of the apple trees - the sap is rising and therefore I would not attack these til leaf fall in the autumn. At that time remove the crossing branches, and then prune back. You should be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. lazy-gardener

neglected garden -

After flowering I nip off the dead heads and get another bloom...All but Montana get this treatment...and I've got seven which flower for months
    After flowering I nip off the dead heads and get another bloom...All but Montana get this treatment...and I've got seven which flower for months
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. supermum10

Just found a fish!

They can climb the stairs, we had one in our bathroom. The cat may have bought it in, but it was funny when my wife found it. Boy, did she scream.
    They can climb the stairs, we had one in our bathroom. The cat may have bought it in, but it was funny when my wife found it. Boy, did she scream.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Blodwen

Dead skimmia

I agree with F & T, it has been competing for moitsure and nutrients and looks like it is losing. Nice Camelia though. :(
    I agree with F & T, it has been competing for moitsure and nutrients and looks like it is losing. Nice Camelia though. :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. roders

HERONS

Do you think THAT would scare off others? :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ron

jeyes fluid

ermmm...were you a close relative to Queen Victoria?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. LCH

Busy Lizzies

Aldi are selling healthy little busy lizzie plants in plugs for �£1.99 for 24. I bought some last week, immediately repotted them and they're going great guns in the greenhouse despite the...
    Aldi are selling healthy little busy lizzie plants in plugs for �£1.99 for 24. I bought some last week, immediately repotted them and they're going great guns in the greenhouse despite the ghastly weather.
    Aldi are selling healthy little busy lizzie plants in plugs for �£1.99 for 24. I bought some last week, immediately repotted them and they're going great guns in the greenhouse despite the ghastly weather.
    Aldi are selling healthy little busy lizzie plants in plugs for �£1.99 for 24. I bought some last week, immediately repotted them and they're going great guns in the greenhouse despite the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. DavieM

More Snow......!!

That'll confuse the plants!! And there are so many things I need to do, but can't because of the weather! You can't dig in this stuff, and you certainly can't weed! and as for redefining the...
    That'll confuse the plants!! And there are so many things I need to do, but can't because of the weather! You can't dig in this stuff, and you certainly can't weed! and as for redefining the edges of a lawn when the weather alternates between constant rain, heavy snow and frost - it's not...
    That'll confuse the plants!! And there are so many things I need to do, but can't because of the weather! You can't dig in this stuff, and you certainly can't weed! and as for redefining the edges of a lawn when the weather alternates between...
    That'll confuse the plants!! And there are so many things I need to do, but can't because of the weather! You can't dig in this stuff, and you certainly can't weed! and as for redefining the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. diane

IS IT TOO EARLY

Unless you keep keep them heated your kitchen will look like a compost heap instead of a garden centre. These plants were grown grown at around 23c and will not survive night temperatures around...
    Unless you keep keep them heated your kitchen will look like a compost heap instead of a garden centre. These plants were grown grown at around 23c and will not survive night temperatures around 2/-3c which we are getting at the moment.Keep them as warm as you can.
    Unless you keep keep them heated your kitchen will look like a compost heap instead of a garden centre. These plants were grown grown at around 23c and will not survive night temperatures around 2/-3c which we are getting at the moment.Keep them...
    Unless you keep keep them heated your kitchen will look like a compost heap instead of a garden centre. These plants were grown grown at around 23c and will not survive night temperatures around...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. lynne_2005

Sour smelling soil

Lynne for my two pennyworth - I would go with the lower decking not being laid on a well drained surface with ventilation. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the smell is due to the rotting of the...
    Lynne for my two pennyworth - I would go with the lower decking not being laid on a well drained surface with ventilation. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the smell is due to the rotting of the (?treated) frame - plus anything (like a rat) decomposing under the deck. As its not in the basement...
    Lynne for my two pennyworth - I would go with the lower decking not being laid on a well drained surface with ventilation. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the smell is due to the rotting of the (?treated) frame - plus anything (like a rat)...
    Lynne for my two pennyworth - I would go with the lower decking not being laid on a well drained surface with ventilation. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the smell is due to the rotting of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Gavin Bell

Beehives

I assume the blue-tits weren't there at the time? :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. dalbuie

Tagetes

Thanks PeterS, the fothergills red gem are the ones I have been looking for. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jerry Cornelius

Morning Glory

Thanks nixon, the avatar, still hav'nt found a suitable pic to represent myself (old git!) or are you suggesting that I use the MG pic.....bit girly for me though? Sorry if it's off topic, but...
    Thanks nixon, the avatar, still hav'nt found a suitable pic to represent myself (old git!) or are you suggesting that I use the MG pic.....bit girly for me though? Sorry if it's off topic, but you started it! :D :D
    Thanks nixon, the avatar, still hav'nt found a suitable pic to represent myself (old git!) or are you suggesting that I use the MG pic.....bit girly for me though? Sorry if it's off topic, but you started it! :D :D
    Thanks nixon, the avatar, still hav'nt found a suitable pic to represent myself (old git!) or are you suggesting that I use the MG pic.....bit girly for me though? Sorry if it's off topic, but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. davido

soaker hose

HAVE USED LEAKY HOSE FOR ABOUT 20 YEARS IN BORDERS ETC. AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AT ALL. AS LONG AS IT IS COVERED WITH MULCH THE MOISTURE SEEPS INTO THE GROUND QUITE WELL, DOWN TO 9" IN...
    HAVE USED LEAKY HOSE FOR ABOUT 20 YEARS IN BORDERS ETC. AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AT ALL. AS LONG AS IT IS COVERED WITH MULCH THE MOISTURE SEEPS INTO THE GROUND QUITE WELL, DOWN TO 9" IN SOME PLACES
    HAVE USED LEAKY HOSE FOR ABOUT 20 YEARS IN BORDERS ETC. AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AT ALL. AS LONG AS IT IS COVERED WITH MULCH THE MOISTURE SEEPS INTO THE GROUND QUITE WELL, DOWN TO 9" IN SOME PLACES
    HAVE USED LEAKY HOSE FOR ABOUT 20 YEARS IN BORDERS ETC. AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AT ALL. AS LONG AS IT IS COVERED WITH MULCH THE MOISTURE SEEPS INTO THE GROUND QUITE WELL, DOWN TO 9" IN...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice