1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Richard Hilson

Why do you enjoy gardening?

Nixon's a she, DavieM!
    Nixon's a she, DavieM!
    Nixon's a she, DavieM!
    Nixon's a she, DavieM!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. wishaw

Prices for landscapers

The shed is tin as far as I can see.The garden probably looks smaller than it is - we counted the left hand side as 15 fence panels (6 foot panels) - it is quite narrow but long. There is a...
    The shed is tin as far as I can see.The garden probably looks smaller than it is - we counted the left hand side as 15 fence panels (6 foot panels) - it is quite narrow but long. There is a slight slope but hardly worth mentioning - sloping away from the house.It really only is about the...
    The shed is tin as far as I can see.The garden probably looks smaller than it is - we counted the left hand side as 15 fence panels (6 foot panels) - it is quite narrow but long. There is a slight slope but hardly worth mentioning - sloping...
    The shed is tin as far as I can see.The garden probably looks smaller than it is - we counted the left hand side as 15 fence panels (6 foot panels) - it is quite narrow but long. There is a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. marge

Pruned Hydrangeas

with a bit of luck there will still be buds lower down, even if the highest ones are affected by frostI was always advised not to do it until May started - and that was down south - so I...
    with a bit of luck there will still be buds lower down, even if the highest ones are affected by frostI was always advised not to do it until May started - and that was down south - so I suppose that'd be ok for Somerset!! Whatever you do, don't cut off any bits that go black if we do...
    with a bit of luck there will still be buds lower down, even if the highest ones are affected by frostI was always advised not to do it until May started - and that was down south - so I suppose that'd be ok for Somerset!! Whatever you...
    with a bit of luck there will still be buds lower down, even if the highest ones are affected by frostI was always advised not to do it until May started - and that was down south - so I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Macphisto

Dog Wood

ANY TIME
    ANY TIME
    ANY TIME
    ANY TIME
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Rich

The new garden path.

I have to do something in my lunch break and Faversham town centre doesn't offer much.Lovely sunny day all day today.
    I have to do something in my lunch break and Faversham town centre doesn't offer much.Lovely sunny day all day today.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Paladin

Bullatus

Great plant, can also spread 3 metres +. can be kept to half that size, but it lose's it's inpact a bit..
    Great plant, can also spread 3 metres +. can be kept to half that size, but it lose's it's inpact a bit..
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. redfifi1717

Pruning potentilla

Take 1/3 old wood out of the centre each year for three years, this will encourage new growth from the base. Best time would be April/May or when growth is under way.Keep the rest lightly...
    Take 1/3 old wood out of the centre each year for three years, this will encourage new growth from the base. Best time would be April/May or when growth is under way.Keep the rest lightly trimmed with garden shears after flowering to maintain shape.Also check any branches that touch the...
    Take 1/3 old wood out of the centre each year for three years, this will encourage new growth from the base. Best time would be April/May or when growth is under way.Keep the rest lightly trimmed with garden shears after flowering to maintain...
    Take 1/3 old wood out of the centre each year for three years, this will encourage new growth from the base. Best time would be April/May or when growth is under way.Keep the rest lightly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Pavel

Does it really cost that much?

Pavel, for the price you were quoted, are you sure that your garden is not 5 acres! I have designed mainly large formal grounds, up to 20 acres with the odd smaller plot, and, although it is not...
    Pavel, for the price you were quoted, are you sure that your garden is not 5 acres! I have designed mainly large formal grounds, up to 20 acres with the odd smaller plot, and, although it is not cheap, I think the price you were quoted was quite high, for the size of garden Agree with fran, you...
    Pavel, for the price you were quoted, are you sure that your garden is not 5 acres! I have designed mainly large formal grounds, up to 20 acres with the odd smaller plot, and, although it is not cheap, I think the price you were quoted was quite...
    Pavel, for the price you were quoted, are you sure that your garden is not 5 acres! I have designed mainly large formal grounds, up to 20 acres with the odd smaller plot, and, although it is not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. golfer

All year round plants.

Thank you all for the information i am sure i shall be planting some of these plants.
    Thank you all for the information i am sure i shall be planting some of these plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. cazza

My garden pics

looks good in the snow too! It's been snowing for ages here too - started sometime overnight, and it's still going - got plenty of pics (see comp!!) :D :D :D
    looks good in the snow too! It's been snowing for ages here too - started sometime overnight, and it's still going - got plenty of pics (see comp!!) :D :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Tizzy

Seedlings

They are on a window sill in a room where there is no heating on but maybe it was too late when i put them there.I'll take your advice and wait to see what happens.
    They are on a window sill in a room where there is no heating on but maybe it was too late when i put them there.I'll take your advice and wait to see what happens.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dave_In_His_Garden

Mediterranean Gardening Books

Mims Re your query as to what varieties of Bourganvilla, Datura, and Hibiscus I could recommend. Afraid you just have to walk around the markets and see something you find striking and bring it...
    Mims Re your query as to what varieties of Bourganvilla, Datura, and Hibiscus I could recommend. Afraid you just have to walk around the markets and see something you find striking and bring it away. The Spaniards never bother to label anything ( they probably dont know a name anyhow). I would...
    Mims Re your query as to what varieties of Bourganvilla, Datura, and Hibiscus I could recommend. Afraid you just have to walk around the markets and see something you find striking and bring it away. The Spaniards never bother to label anything (...
    Mims Re your query as to what varieties of Bourganvilla, Datura, and Hibiscus I could recommend. Afraid you just have to walk around the markets and see something you find striking and bring it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jerry Cornelius

N & E facing climbers

Wisteria will be OK on an east facing wall, my daughter has a huge one on the east face of her house. It is quite open so gets sun about half the time. There are quite a few roses that will thrive...
    Wisteria will be OK on an east facing wall, my daughter has a huge one on the east face of her house. It is quite open so gets sun about half the time. There are quite a few roses that will thrive on a north facing wall as well, particularly the old fashioned ones. A rose and clematis together...
    Wisteria will be OK on an east facing wall, my daughter has a huge one on the east face of her house. It is quite open so gets sun about half the time. There are quite a few roses that will thrive on a north facing wall as well, particularly the...
    Wisteria will be OK on an east facing wall, my daughter has a huge one on the east face of her house. It is quite open so gets sun about half the time. There are quite a few roses that will thrive...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. DAG

Old Phlox

Ground level! Will do, thanks again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. AnnM

FLOWER BASKETS ON SPIKES

We have several of these in our garden. We call them the Irish hanging baskets :D :D Nik
    We have several of these in our garden. We call them the Irish hanging baskets :D :D Nik
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mowgley

Is it too late???

ok thank you both for the info. Will start them as soon as i get back then
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. GardeningSite

I need your help

My house backs on to it too! Redding - new-build - loads of it around!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Dave_In_His_Garden

Nurseries/Garden Centres around Milton Keynes

Hi all,The last set came in a bit late for my visit! I did make it to Buckingham Nurseries and realsied that this was somewhere I currently have a mail order with ! D'Oh! Could have saved myself...
    Hi all,The last set came in a bit late for my visit! I did make it to Buckingham Nurseries and realsied that this was somewhere I currently have a mail order with ! D'Oh! Could have saved myself the postage! ;)Ah well, got a gorgeous rhododedron (deep green and bright yellow foliage, purple...
    Hi all,The last set came in a bit late for my visit! I did make it to Buckingham Nurseries and realsied that this was somewhere I currently have a mail order with ! D'Oh! Could have saved myself the postage! ;)Ah well, got a gorgeous...
    Hi all,The last set came in a bit late for my visit! I did make it to Buckingham Nurseries and realsied that this was somewhere I currently have a mail order with ! D'Oh! Could have saved myself...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. lazy-gardener

red valarian

great! well I will try and remember to look out for them later in the year and have a go and see what happens. I like free things
    great! well I will try and remember to look out for them later in the year and have a go and see what happens. I like free things
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. elfin

Some help needed please

that's an excellent book - definitely worth while. If you're seriously intersted, it might be worth while joining a gardeners book club, as that's one of the usual books on offer which makes it...
    that's an excellent book - definitely worth while. If you're seriously intersted, it might be worth while joining a gardeners book club, as that's one of the usual books on offer which makes it much more affordable. Details are in most of the gardening mags, often on the back page, or one of...
    that's an excellent book - definitely worth while. If you're seriously intersted, it might be worth while joining a gardeners book club, as that's one of the usual books on offer which makes it much more affordable. Details are in most of the...
    that's an excellent book - definitely worth while. If you're seriously intersted, it might be worth while joining a gardeners book club, as that's one of the usual books on offer which makes it...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice