1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. ricky101

Marigolds, Whitefly and Tomatoes ?

Not read the scientific stuff yet but old habits die hard! Hope your setup works!
    Not read the scientific stuff yet but old habits die hard! Hope your setup works!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Cassie23

Tree Issue

It appears to be forcing a buckle in the concrete gravel boards and fence post. As Mike said before, I'd talk to your neighbour because if they object to it, then it'll have to go. If they like...
    It appears to be forcing a buckle in the concrete gravel boards and fence post. As Mike said before, I'd talk to your neighbour because if they object to it, then it'll have to go. If they like it, why not give it a right good prune and bring it to a nice little shape. The new growth next year...
    It appears to be forcing a buckle in the concrete gravel boards and fence post. As Mike said before, I'd talk to your neighbour because if they object to it, then it'll have to go. If they like it, why not give it a right good prune and bring it...
    It appears to be forcing a buckle in the concrete gravel boards and fence post. As Mike said before, I'd talk to your neighbour because if they object to it, then it'll have to go. If they like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. weas3l

Underperforming Hibiscus

I grow them in the ground. Always flower every year. A picture would be good.Does sound like it's starved although they can take a bit of neglect.You can prune them fairly hard in the...
    I grow them in the ground. Always flower every year. A picture would be good.Does sound like it's starved although they can take a bit of neglect.You can prune them fairly hard in the winter but I don't think that is going to solve the problem here.
    I grow them in the ground. Always flower every year. A picture would be good.Does sound like it's starved although they can take a bit of neglect.You can prune them fairly hard in the winter but I don't think that is going to solve the...
    I grow them in the ground. Always flower every year. A picture would be good.Does sound like it's starved although they can take a bit of neglect.You can prune them fairly hard in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ARMANDII

THE IRIS FAMILY 2020

Gladiolus candidus.
    Gladiolus candidus.
    Gladiolus candidus.
    Gladiolus candidus.
    Iris reticulata.JPG Crocus malyi.JPG Hesperantha coccinea.JPG Crocus sieberii Tricolour.JPG Gladiolus uysiae M.JPG Gladiolus uysiae.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. eddybaby

Delighted with first ever batch 'Carolus' Potatoes but...

:ThankYou: Mike much appreciated
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Lisa Connors

Wysteria

Watering, a good soaking once a week, but it really depends upon how established the plant is. Newly planted this year water well while we have hot dry weather. If it's been there a few years...
    Watering, a good soaking once a week, but it really depends upon how established the plant is. Newly planted this year water well while we have hot dry weather. If it's been there a few years I probably wouldn't water at all.
    Watering, a good soaking once a week, but it really depends upon how established the plant is. Newly planted this year water well while we have hot dry weather. If it's been there a few years I probably wouldn't water at all.
    Watering, a good soaking once a week, but it really depends upon how established the plant is. Newly planted this year water well while we have hot dry weather. If it's been there a few years...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Joshuar

Birdhouses and dovecotes

Bespoke handmade birdhouse
    731E59F7-2AD4-4757-9D65-A393D5107890.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. SimonZ

Gentians

I have seen them rot when they hold wet. But I am pretty poor with gentians - the only ones that do OK with me are g. asclepiadea. Is yours septemfida?
    I have seen them rot when they hold wet. But I am pretty poor with gentians - the only ones that do OK with me are g. asclepiadea. Is yours septemfida?
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ennnceee

Where are my tomatoes!

Hello there, well, think I was just impatient, mainly; have a good crop on most now, although the new variety that I was trying haven't done much. Thanks for all contributions.
    Hello there, well, think I was just impatient, mainly; have a good crop on most now, although the new variety that I was trying haven't done much. Thanks for all contributions.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Emily Jones
    Like x 3

Just a little sideline...

Had a little rain Wednesday night and a few drips yesterday afternoon, but desperately need more!
    Had a little rain Wednesday night and a few drips yesterday afternoon, but desperately need more!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Howard Stone

A modern Graham Stewart Thomas

Yes, love Christopher Lloyd (I met him once.)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ThePlantAssassin

Moved my Hydrangea..Doh!

Google Maps
    Google Maps
    Google Maps
    Google Maps
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Howard Stone

How to control enormous unruly perenials

The plant above is Datisca cannabina -- you can see a long thread about it hereSolved - Exotic looking plant thriving in London suburbI love it, but it's ridiculously unruly. Does anyone...
    The plant above is Datisca cannabina -- you can see a long thread about it hereSolved - Exotic looking plant thriving in London suburbI love it, but it's ridiculously unruly. Does anyone have a good system for stopping it flopping all over the place? Hopefully one that doesn't make it...
    The plant above is Datisca cannabina -- you can see a long thread about it hereSolved - Exotic looking plant thriving in London suburbI love it, but it's ridiculously unruly. Does anyone have a good system for stopping it flopping all...
    The plant above is Datisca cannabina -- you can see a long thread about it hereSolved - Exotic looking plant thriving in London suburbI love it, but it's ridiculously unruly. Does anyone...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kevin Cowans

Ever have the feeling that your Plants are laughing at you?

Forgot to say, daylengths are set but temperatures not so much!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Spruce

Mimosa best time to prune

hey guys *update* sorry no photo cable on my camera broken , from a leggy plant it has now turned into a bushey plant , when I cut it I thought nnoooo but within 4 weeks new buds appreared and i...
    hey guys *update* sorry no photo cable on my camera broken , from a leggy plant it has now turned into a bushey plant , when I cut it I thought nnoooo but within 4 weeks new buds appreared and i put in a shaded part of the garden and a feed of tomato fertiliser once a week ....Spruce
    hey guys *update* sorry no photo cable on my camera broken , from a leggy plant it has now turned into a bushey plant , when I cut it I thought nnoooo but within 4 weeks new buds appreared and i put in a shaded part of the garden and a feed of...
    hey guys *update* sorry no photo cable on my camera broken , from a leggy plant it has now turned into a bushey plant , when I cut it I thought nnoooo but within 4 weeks new buds appreared and i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Barders

A tail of two (very sad) Clematis - Any advice please?

Thank you @ARMANDII , I have had so much great support and advice already, I am truly grateful.I 'came' to gardening for a different reason than probably most have, but having started on this...
    Thank you @ARMANDII , I have had so much great support and advice already, I am truly grateful.I 'came' to gardening for a different reason than probably most have, but having started on this journey, I have now been bitten by the bug and really enjoy my time out there. Even if a couple of...
    Thank you @ARMANDII , I have had so much great support and advice already, I am truly grateful.I 'came' to gardening for a different reason than probably most have, but having started on this journey, I have now been bitten by the bug and...
    Thank you @ARMANDII , I have had so much great support and advice already, I am truly grateful.I 'came' to gardening for a different reason than probably most have, but having started on this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. gse

Bamboo help!

IMO you should take it back. In a container there's a strong risk that it will become dehydrated and look terrible, and it will pretty quickly fill the container and need splitting/root pruning....
    IMO you should take it back. In a container there's a strong risk that it will become dehydrated and look terrible, and it will pretty quickly fill the container and need splitting/root pruning. It may also try to escape through the drainage holes. More trouble than it's worth.
    IMO you should take it back. In a container there's a strong risk that it will become dehydrated and look terrible, and it will pretty quickly fill the container and need splitting/root pruning. It may also try to escape through the drainage...
    IMO you should take it back. In a container there's a strong risk that it will become dehydrated and look terrible, and it will pretty quickly fill the container and need splitting/root pruning....
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Bamboo-zled

Bamboo identification and next steps...

I don't really know much about bamboos but we have some clumping bamboos that have been there for years and don't seem to spread run. The leaves on yours look a bit larger than ours and I wonder...
    I don't really know much about bamboos but we have some clumping bamboos that have been there for years and don't seem to spread run. The leaves on yours look a bit larger than ours and I wonder whether the size of leaf may indicate a difference. :scratch:
    I don't really know much about bamboos but we have some clumping bamboos that have been there for years and don't seem to spread run. The leaves on yours look a bit larger than ours and I wonder whether the size of leaf may indicate a difference. :scratch:
    I don't really know much about bamboos but we have some clumping bamboos that have been there for years and don't seem to spread run. The leaves on yours look a bit larger than ours and I wonder...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Peaceful68NT

Achimenes / hot water (bottle ;-) ) plants

I hope it survives having its seasons turned almost upside down. I'm certainly going to do my best to look after it - having a little green shoot arrive through the post today has made my day!:planting:
    I hope it survives having its seasons turned almost upside down. I'm certainly going to do my best to look after it - having a little green shoot arrive through the post today has made my day!:planting:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. mazambo

White borage?

Hi all, I've seen some white borage plug plants I've taken a fancy to, I'm just wondering if it's to late to buy them (it says ready now)? Or would it be best from seed next year? Thanks.
    Hi all, I've seen some white borage plug plants I've taken a fancy to, I'm just wondering if it's to late to buy them (it says ready now)? Or would it be best from seed next year? Thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice