1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. ARMANDII
    Like x 9

AND THEN THERE WERE SEVEN!!!!

I see your point, Sal:snork: But us gardeners are a funny bunch and the harder a plant is to germinate seedwise, or grow in a climate that it shouldn't flourish in is like pollen to a bee....and...
    I see your point, Sal:snork: But us gardeners are a funny bunch and the harder a plant is to germinate seedwise, or grow in a climate that it shouldn't flourish in is like pollen to a bee....and succeeding on however a small basis is like a Gold Medal!!!:heehee: No, I can never tell which is seed grown or...
    I see your point, Sal:snork: But us gardeners are a funny bunch and the harder a plant is to germinate seedwise, or grow in a climate that it shouldn't flourish in is like pollen to a bee....and succeeding on however a small basis is like a Gold...
    I see your point, Sal:snork: But us gardeners are a funny bunch and the harder a plant is to germinate seedwise, or grow in a climate that it shouldn't flourish in is like pollen to a bee....and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. longk
    Like x 5

And the winner of the earliest bloom of the year is................

Well it's a winter flowerer so it's a little surprising, but i guess it's playing catch up like everything else!
    Well it's a winter flowerer so it's a little surprising, but i guess it's playing catch up like everything else!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. averil
    Like x 9

And the ugly brug became.............

Thanks Bilbo :) Peter, yes it was a cutting I got from ebay. As you say I am going to take some cuttings before i put him to bed and I will take a couple of long ones and see how I get on with it....
    Thanks Bilbo :) Peter, yes it was a cutting I got from ebay. As you say I am going to take some cuttings before i put him to bed and I will take a couple of long ones and see how I get on with it. Im just hoping I can overwinter him okay :)
    Thanks Bilbo :) Peter, yes it was a cutting I got from ebay. As you say I am going to take some cuttings before i put him to bed and I will take a couple of long ones and see how I get on with it. Im just hoping I can overwinter him okay :)
    Thanks Bilbo :) Peter, yes it was a cutting I got from ebay. As you say I am going to take some cuttings before i put him to bed and I will take a couple of long ones and see how I get on with it....
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. louis

And the first silly question is ...

Yeah - they look good. Hanging baskets it will have to be.Thanks everyone, for helping me out with this.L.
    Yeah - they look good. Hanging baskets it will have to be.Thanks everyone, for helping me out with this.L.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Bilbo675
    Like x 9

And So It Begins.......LOL

Saw the plants in ours too Armandii; I was very tempted as they are very healthy looking young plants, but I resisted; I have enough for now...:sunny:, I might not be so strong willed next time though :heehee::D
    Saw the plants in ours too Armandii; I was very tempted as they are very healthy looking young plants, but I resisted; I have enough for now...:sunny:, I might not be so strong willed next time though :heehee::D
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Makka-Bakka

And Now They are FAMOUS!

That was meant as a compliment of course.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Chiaroscuro

And now my brother's garden...

Thanks to both of you. The photo certainly looks like another, clearer, one he's sent through. I've passed the info on to him - crediting you of course! :)
    Thanks to both of you. The photo certainly looks like another, clearer, one he's sent through. I've passed the info on to him - crediting you of course! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Bilbo675

And now for the Raspberries.....yum

I think it's been a particularly good year for raspberries but mine have all but finished now. I adore raspberries, preferring them to strawberries, but even I've had enough what with raspberry...
    I think it's been a particularly good year for raspberries but mine have all but finished now. I adore raspberries, preferring them to strawberries, but even I've had enough what with raspberry ice-cream, raspberry sorbet, raspberry jam, raspberry jelly, raspberry sauce, raspberries steeping in...
    I think it's been a particularly good year for raspberries but mine have all but finished now. I adore raspberries, preferring them to strawberries, but even I've had enough what with raspberry ice-cream, raspberry sorbet, raspberry jam,...
    I think it's been a particularly good year for raspberries but mine have all but finished now. I adore raspberries, preferring them to strawberries, but even I've had enough what with raspberry...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Annemieke

And how to keep them in?

Well, if you look at my ambles around my garden, Honeybunny, you'll see some of my fences! But I can take some other pics for you if you like.:snork:
    Well, if you look at my ambles around my garden, Honeybunny, you'll see some of my fences! But I can take some other pics for you if you like.:snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. miraflores

and here we are...

my production...(although they are in Italy at the moment)1)Chrysanthemum, if I remember right...(I clearly remember though that it grew unbelievably slowly) 2)plumeria my beautiful...
    my production...(although they are in Italy at the moment)1)Chrysanthemum, if I remember right...(I clearly remember though that it grew unbelievably slowly) 2)plumeria my beautiful...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. ARMANDII

And climbing.......!!!

That's a good idea longk. I've been wondering what to do with my second wheelie bin now the kids have all left home. We bought our second one, so won't get into trouble if I 'convert' it! :dbgrtmb:
    That's a good idea longk. I've been wondering what to do with my second wheelie bin now the kids have all left home. We bought our second one, so won't get into trouble if I 'convert' it! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. miraflores
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Rich

An unusual daisy

Hi Ti.
    Hi Ti.
    Hi Ti.
    Hi Ti.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Loofah

An opportunity...

First thought was for that! The landowner refuses to surrender it unless for a small (by which I mean massive) fortune.
    First thought was for that! The landowner refuses to surrender it unless for a small (by which I mean massive) fortune.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Transkeisue

An old bath

Hi, when having fish in a pond you need to look for plands that help i.e you can get oxygen weed - not sure if thats the correct name but it puts oxygen in the water for the fish - also some...
    Hi, when having fish in a pond you need to look for plands that help i.e you can get oxygen weed - not sure if thats the correct name but it puts oxygen in the water for the fish - also some snails that clean up the fish waste - all makes a nicer environment.
    Hi, when having fish in a pond you need to look for plands that help i.e you can get oxygen weed - not sure if thats the correct name but it puts oxygen in the water for the fish - also some snails that clean up the fish waste - all makes a nicer...
    Hi, when having fish in a pond you need to look for plands that help i.e you can get oxygen weed - not sure if thats the correct name but it puts oxygen in the water for the fish - also some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ARMANDII
    Like x 13

AN JULY AMBLE IN ARMANDII'S RETREAT

:redx:Now then ya scallywag @KFF 'y ......:dunno: Have ya no creativity I told ya what i use the miniatures for :hapydancsmil:...
    :redx:Now then ya scallywag @KFF 'y ......:dunno: Have ya no creativity I told ya what i use the miniatures for :hapydancsmil:...
    BEE-HEARTWINGS.jpg Home-is-where-the-gin-is-e1464370023577.jpg Flower pic-Gin is a wonderful tonic.jpg partee golf.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Karl-D

An Introduction To Rock And Scree Gardens

:thumb: OK looking forward to them Karl.. Always good to see someone else's so busy they flit from one thing to another.... :D Do show us your garden progressing though always interesting to see...
    :thumb: OK looking forward to them Karl.. Always good to see someone else's so busy they flit from one thing to another.... :D Do show us your garden progressing though always interesting to see a project like that... :thumb:
    :thumb: OK looking forward to them Karl.. Always good to see someone else's so busy they flit from one thing to another.... :D Do show us your garden progressing though always interesting to see a project like that... :thumb:
    :thumb: OK looking forward to them Karl.. Always good to see someone else's so busy they flit from one thing to another.... :D Do show us your garden progressing though always interesting to see...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. thatfatbloke

An iffy one this....

If you accidentally sprayed it .............accidents do happen
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. shiney
    Like x 11

An Idyllic Summer's Day In The Garden

That sounds like a perfect morning Shiney....Oooh i've gone all dreamy now......
    That sounds like a perfect morning Shiney....Oooh i've gone all dreamy now......
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. 2nd_bassoon

An idiot's guide to taking cuttings?

Thanks all - I'll try the perlite tip for sure. Maybe a mix of some in soil and some in water and see how they get on?! And geat shout re washing up bowls - I've got lots of perennials that I...
    Thanks all - I'll try the perlite tip for sure. Maybe a mix of some in soil and some in water and see how they get on?! And geat shout re washing up bowls - I've got lots of perennials that I was planning on dividing and was dreading the sheer number of individual pots it was going to take! ...
    Thanks all - I'll try the perlite tip for sure. Maybe a mix of some in soil and some in water and see how they get on?! And geat shout re washing up bowls - I've got lots of perennials that I was planning on dividing and was dreading the sheer...
    Thanks all - I'll try the perlite tip for sure. Maybe a mix of some in soil and some in water and see how they get on?! And geat shout re washing up bowls - I've got lots of perennials that I...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice