1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. DMM

Help Please in Finding a Japanese Plum Yew

You're so right Sheal ... I do love my outdoor space and derive a huge amount of pleasure from it! :spinning:
    You're so right Sheal ... I do love my outdoor space and derive a huge amount of pleasure from it! :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Texas Pete

Small shady area - would a pruned fatsia japonica fit?

Thanks everyone. I think I'll give spider's web a go, once the weather is more appropriate!
    Thanks everyone. I think I'll give spider's web a go, once the weather is more appropriate!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Tinkerbelle61

Buddleia cuttings advice please

Thank you for your advice all, I will take them out of the heated propagator pronto and leave out on the bench until all this rain passes, then put them out side (out of labradors reach) during...
    Thank you for your advice all, I will take them out of the heated propagator pronto and leave out on the bench until all this rain passes, then put them out side (out of labradors reach) during the day until the spring arrives.
    Thank you for your advice all, I will take them out of the heated propagator pronto and leave out on the bench until all this rain passes, then put them out side (out of labradors reach) during the day until the spring arrives.
    Thank you for your advice all, I will take them out of the heated propagator pronto and leave out on the bench until all this rain passes, then put them out side (out of labradors reach) during...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ARMANDII
    Like x 13

WHATS LOOKING GOOD IN JANUARY 2021

New Thread Here:-WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN FEBRUARY 2021
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Boltycr78

What has happened to my new lawn?!

I would also give it a feed and top dressing at the same time. Rusty
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. fumanchu

Climbing Rose

That' great, ty. I had heard that before but wanted to check with the experts. aka you lot. TY!:dbgrtmb:
    That' great, ty. I had heard that before but wanted to check with the experts. aka you lot. TY!:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Black Dog
    Like x 4

Anyone else adopting abused plants on sale?

I have done this, usually at my local supermarket, where the plants are lovely when they first come in but aren't well looked after, so deteriorate if they're not quickly sold. Some have recovered...
    I have done this, usually at my local supermarket, where the plants are lovely when they first come in but aren't well looked after, so deteriorate if they're not quickly sold. Some have recovered well, others have sadly proved too far gone and ended up in the compost heap!My best ever...
    I have done this, usually at my local supermarket, where the plants are lovely when they first come in but aren't well looked after, so deteriorate if they're not quickly sold. Some have recovered well, others have sadly proved too far gone and...
    I have done this, usually at my local supermarket, where the plants are lovely when they first come in but aren't well looked after, so deteriorate if they're not quickly sold. Some have recovered...
    006.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ARMANDII
    Like x 11

AN AMBLE AROUND THE GARDEN TODAY

Thanks for clarifying that! :phew:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. NinaCZ

Tree lily bulbs - boxed for a month. What to do?

Ah, you double posted - we replied here , in case you missed it.Tree Lily bulbs - in a box for too long? Help please!
    Ah, you double posted - we replied here , in case you missed it.Tree Lily bulbs - in a box for too long? Help please!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ARMANDII
    Like x 3

GARDENERS CORNER SEED SWAP 2021

I will sort out my seeds.I'm sorry after finding out how the seed swap is worked I realise that it is a bit more than I thought and at this moment in time it isn't just a case of popping the...
    I will sort out my seeds.I'm sorry after finding out how the seed swap is worked I realise that it is a bit more than I thought and at this moment in time it isn't just a case of popping the enveloped packaged seed in a post box. While I can agree lilianas way is safer it wouldn't work for...
    I will sort out my seeds.I'm sorry after finding out how the seed swap is worked I realise that it is a bit more than I thought and at this moment in time it isn't just a case of popping the enveloped packaged seed in a post box. While I can...
    I will sort out my seeds.I'm sorry after finding out how the seed swap is worked I realise that it is a bit more than I thought and at this moment in time it isn't just a case of popping the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. ThePlantAssassin

Lower maintenance advice please

Think most of us oldies will be the same feeling very sore after the first few outings of the new year, the old saying, a little and often is the way to go ..??Possibly doing some gentle...
    Think most of us oldies will be the same feeling very sore after the first few outings of the new year, the old saying, a little and often is the way to go ..??Possibly doing some gentle exercise movements daily might ease your condtion enough to allow you to do some gardening, though worth...
    Think most of us oldies will be the same feeling very sore after the first few outings of the new year, the old saying, a little and often is the way to go ..??Possibly doing some gentle exercise movements daily might ease your condtion enough...
    Think most of us oldies will be the same feeling very sore after the first few outings of the new year, the old saying, a little and often is the way to go ..??Possibly doing some gentle...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. pewe

Grass clippings to compost

@Sandy Ground Thank you for raising awareness regarding paper. Most modern paper shouldn't be in the compost. They are treated and printed upon. And composting them will accumulate all that...
    @Sandy Ground Thank you for raising awareness regarding paper. Most modern paper shouldn't be in the compost. They are treated and printed upon. And composting them will accumulate all that stuff over the years. Just don't do it.
    @Sandy Ground Thank you for raising awareness regarding paper. Most modern paper shouldn't be in the compost. They are treated and printed upon. And composting them will accumulate all that stuff over the years. Just don't do it.
    @Sandy Ground Thank you for raising awareness regarding paper. Most modern paper shouldn't be in the compost. They are treated and printed upon. And composting them will accumulate all that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ricky101

Aster Milady Mixed

Thanks @pete,Think we will grow some of these Asters and see what they are like, but still keep our dwarf Dahlias in that bed this year, they seem hard to beat. :)
    Thanks @pete,Think we will grow some of these Asters and see what they are like, but still keep our dwarf Dahlias in that bed this year, they seem hard to beat. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Silvio Pacitt

SAND Subsoil HELP!

Soil Science is perhaps what this question relates to. NO. I'm not going to bog you down with facts and figures.Top Soil basically refers to about the top 12-18 inches of soil. As gardeners. ...
    Soil Science is perhaps what this question relates to. NO. I'm not going to bog you down with facts and figures.Top Soil basically refers to about the top 12-18 inches of soil. As gardeners. We usually dig and cultivate in general. The top spit. The average depth of a spade or fork. ...
    Soil Science is perhaps what this question relates to. NO. I'm not going to bog you down with facts and figures.Top Soil basically refers to about the top 12-18 inches of soil. As gardeners. We usually dig and cultivate in general. The top...
    Soil Science is perhaps what this question relates to. NO. I'm not going to bog you down with facts and figures.Top Soil basically refers to about the top 12-18 inches of soil. As gardeners. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. fumanchu

Couple of questions re seeds

It's not just the mint .in my experience once you have a bit of snow in summer. You have a lot in no time!
    It's not just the mint .in my experience once you have a bit of snow in summer. You have a lot in no time!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. BassFisher

Hedge Roots killing lawn?

Ok so I don’t want to kill the conifers, they’re 25’ high in one side, my side is trimmed to 15’. They are our trees , I just would like to give our lawn a chance.
    Ok so I don’t want to kill the conifers, they’re 25’ high in one side, my side is trimmed to 15’. They are our trees , I just would like to give our lawn a chance.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Mishka Grizzly

Strange mushrooms on lawn

thank you all for your replies :) I will leave these mushrooms in peace, at least for now :blue thumb:
    thank you all for your replies :) I will leave these mushrooms in peace, at least for now :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jasmine star

Cytisus Goldfinch. Broom

Thanks @pete this has been really helpful. I'll give it a go :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. HarryS

1st lawn mow, when?

Thanks for all the inputs. I'll wait as usual until I can see some real growth around mid-March before I give the lawns their first crop of the season.
    Thanks for all the inputs. I'll wait as usual until I can see some real growth around mid-March before I give the lawns their first crop of the season.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. flounder
    Like x 4

Ever Changing Garden

I tried to keep a record of how my garden here developed over the last few years by posting videos on youtube. This playlist tracks the development of the area just outside the living room window...
    I tried to keep a record of how my garden here developed over the last few years by posting videos on youtube. This playlist tracks the development of the area just outside the living room window which was the first part of the garden I started planting. The site was just a field used for...
    I tried to keep a record of how my garden here developed over the last few years by posting videos on youtube. This playlist tracks the development of the area just outside the living room window which was the first part of the garden I started...
    I tried to keep a record of how my garden here developed over the last few years by posting videos on youtube. This playlist tracks the development of the area just outside the living room window...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice