1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. SimonZ

Over-watering saxifrage

Well, not that good on alpines, but as Sheal says, once established I dont think I would be doing much watering. I think most like sharp drainage, but probably cool and sunny conditions, not...
    Well, not that good on alpines, but as Sheal says, once established I dont think I would be doing much watering. I think most like sharp drainage, but probably cool and sunny conditions, not always easy to replicate. I think once a week in very dry spells rather than twice a day.:yikes:
    Well, not that good on alpines, but as Sheal says, once established I dont think I would be doing much watering. I think most like sharp drainage, but probably cool and sunny conditions, not always easy to replicate. I think once a week in very...
    Well, not that good on alpines, but as Sheal says, once established I dont think I would be doing much watering. I think most like sharp drainage, but probably cool and sunny conditions, not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. music
    Like x 7

That will do for me!!

No, Aesculus, that`s the correct pricing.:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. quba

morning glory

Here's the story... :D Most Morning Glories will produce loads of seed. The seeds are contained in round pods produced after the flowers die. Wait until the pods look dry and will pull off...
    Here's the story... :D Most Morning Glories will produce loads of seed. The seeds are contained in round pods produced after the flowers die. Wait until the pods look dry and will pull off easily, then separate the seeds by squashing the pod, and keep them dry until Spring. If you have...
    Here's the story... :D Most Morning Glories will produce loads of seed. The seeds are contained in round pods produced after the flowers die. Wait until the pods look dry and will pull off easily, then separate the seeds by squashing the pod,...
    Here's the story... :D Most Morning Glories will produce loads of seed. The seeds are contained in round pods produced after the flowers die. Wait until the pods look dry and will pull off...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. chitting kaz

if they get any bigger

:cry3:to heck with that Armandii, if i was giving them whiskey they would move in expecting bacon and eggs in the morning as well as the supper Ziggy that must be one hell out of an out let as i...
    :cry3:to heck with that Armandii, if i was giving them whiskey they would move in expecting bacon and eggs in the morning as well as the supper Ziggy that must be one hell out of an out let as i live at least 30 miles from the nearest butlins :heehee:
    :cry3:to heck with that Armandii, if i was giving them whiskey they would move in expecting bacon and eggs in the morning as well as the supper Ziggy that must be one hell out of an out let as i live at least 30 miles from the nearest butlins :heehee:
    :cry3:to heck with that Armandii, if i was giving them whiskey they would move in expecting bacon and eggs in the morning as well as the supper Ziggy that must be one hell out of an out let as i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Bloominggood

Border plants

Have you got some pics BG? Also how much sun does it get there?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Nik

New Logo?

It changed last week, guys! There's already been a discussion about it! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Poly Hive

Veg garden layout help please?

Also consider soft fruit canes like Raspberries etc
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Snorky85

Honeysuckle

Thanks v much @Trunky , I wasn't sure it was regular honeysuckle as the flowers were yellow so Japanese would make sense. I'll give it a good tidy up soon-it's been looking a right mess from...
    Thanks v much @Trunky , I wasn't sure it was regular honeysuckle as the flowers were yellow so Japanese would make sense. I'll give it a good tidy up soon-it's been looking a right mess from inside the garden.
    Thanks v much @Trunky , I wasn't sure it was regular honeysuckle as the flowers were yellow so Japanese would make sense. I'll give it a good tidy up soon-it's been looking a right mess from inside the garden.
    Thanks v much @Trunky , I wasn't sure it was regular honeysuckle as the flowers were yellow so Japanese would make sense. I'll give it a good tidy up soon-it's been looking a right mess from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. marge

Myrtle

I said something here that was completely irrelevant so have deleted it! [ 13. April 2007, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Lady of Leisure ]
    I said something here that was completely irrelevant so have deleted it! [ 13. April 2007, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Lady of Leisure ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Scotkat

Penstummum Cuttings from Axi-Ali

Here is the one that is in bud Axi-ALiUploaded with ImageShack.us
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. sheppy

Clematis

There are loads that will fit the bill. This site gives heights.http://www.saska.demon.co.uk/hybridaf.htmlBut a Clematis will only grow upwards if it has something to hang on to. If your...
    There are loads that will fit the bill. This site gives heights.http://www.saska.demon.co.uk/hybridaf.htmlBut a Clematis will only grow upwards if it has something to hang on to. If your fence is only 6 foot, you Clematis can't grow much taller. It will either grow along sideways, or flop...
    There are loads that will fit the bill. This site gives heights.http://www.saska.demon.co.uk/hybridaf.htmlBut a Clematis will only grow upwards if it has something to hang on to. If your fence is only 6 foot, you Clematis can't grow much...
    There are loads that will fit the bill. This site gives heights.http://www.saska.demon.co.uk/hybridaf.htmlBut a Clematis will only grow upwards if it has something to hang on to. If your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Gay Gardener

Depth of seedlings

Thanks JWK, I'll plant them a bit deeper then. By indoors I meant in an unheated garden room so much the same conditions as a greenhouse. All other seedlings seem to be stout and hardy even...
    Thanks JWK, I'll plant them a bit deeper then. By indoors I meant in an unheated garden room so much the same conditions as a greenhouse. All other seedlings seem to be stout and hardy even other cabbage varieties, just this one, Tundra is leggy. Anyway, I'll take your planting out advice. GG
    Thanks JWK, I'll plant them a bit deeper then. By indoors I meant in an unheated garden room so much the same conditions as a greenhouse. All other seedlings seem to be stout and hardy even other cabbage varieties, just this one, Tundra is...
    Thanks JWK, I'll plant them a bit deeper then. By indoors I meant in an unheated garden room so much the same conditions as a greenhouse. All other seedlings seem to be stout and hardy even...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. logi06

Grow bags

Thank you, Kristen, you replied last time I am learning fast J
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Rich

New babies

Its a nice looking palm, seems a bit tender, conservatory I bet. :D Look out for the RSM.
    Its a nice looking palm, seems a bit tender, conservatory I bet. :D Look out for the RSM.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Scotkat

kathy did you get photo

Become BeautyDo you would like to become more pretty? Do you want to become more charming,well,if you click here , you will get it.
    Become BeautyDo you would like to become more pretty? Do you want to become more charming,well,if you click here , you will get it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. sharon

Delphiniums flowering

Yes, they do. You can cut the flower head off and new flower spikes will form, so if you miss yours you get a second go!
    Yes, they do. You can cut the flower head off and new flower spikes will form, so if you miss yours you get a second go!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Phil A

Chemicals

....Then i've eaten it :doh: Was cleaning up after a student disco once when i found some powder wrapped up in a rizla. After i'd eaten it to see what it was, I found the empty box of cap bombs. ...
    ....Then i've eaten it :doh: Was cleaning up after a student disco once when i found some powder wrapped up in a rizla. After i'd eaten it to see what it was, I found the empty box of cap bombs. Felt terrible for hours:euw:
    ....Then i've eaten it :doh: Was cleaning up after a student disco once when i found some powder wrapped up in a rizla. After i'd eaten it to see what it was, I found the empty box of cap bombs. Felt terrible for hours:euw:
    ....Then i've eaten it :doh: Was cleaning up after a student disco once when i found some powder wrapped up in a rizla. After i'd eaten it to see what it was, I found the empty box of cap bombs. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. bigbore

plant idea

Really like the jack frost plants so was gutted when I tried my local garden centre and bnq and both have finished selling them until next year.But they had some ajuga so I bought three of them
    Really like the jack frost plants so was gutted when I tried my local garden centre and bnq and both have finished selling them until next year.But they had some ajuga so I bought three of them
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Bilbo675

My Wonderful Wife...

That's what it's all about Bilbo - give and take. Good that you both had such a happy day. And I fair fancy that Magnolia. Lucky you.
    That's what it's all about Bilbo - give and take. Good that you both had such a happy day. And I fair fancy that Magnolia. Lucky you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. VWGolf

Bamboo

A few years ago I foolishly planted a miniature bamboo alongside my goldfish pond. Not only has it spread under the rubber liner and grown through it, making the pond leak badly, it has also...
    A few years ago I foolishly planted a miniature bamboo alongside my goldfish pond. Not only has it spread under the rubber liner and grown through it, making the pond leak badly, it has also spread along the ground with roots and pushing over a small brick retaining wall! A week or two back,...
    A few years ago I foolishly planted a miniature bamboo alongside my goldfish pond. Not only has it spread under the rubber liner and grown through it, making the pond leak badly, it has also spread along the ground with roots and pushing over a...
    A few years ago I foolishly planted a miniature bamboo alongside my goldfish pond. Not only has it spread under the rubber liner and grown through it, making the pond leak badly, it has also...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice