1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. cherokee

GRAVEL GARDENS!

Perhaps it is about gravel size. My pussies have long gone to heaven and are not being replaced due to my winter retreat.
    Perhaps it is about gravel size. My pussies have long gone to heaven and are not being replaced due to my winter retreat.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Frangipani

Holly Hocks.. Have I killed them?

ahh.. that might be the problem.. 'drainage and full sun' woops..the soil is a little claggy and they are sorta behind a tree..Guess it's best to move them now-ish?? Before they start growing...
    ahh.. that might be the problem.. 'drainage and full sun' woops..the soil is a little claggy and they are sorta behind a tree..Guess it's best to move them now-ish?? Before they start growing again..
    ahh.. that might be the problem.. 'drainage and full sun' woops..the soil is a little claggy and they are sorta behind a tree..Guess it's best to move them now-ish?? Before they start growing again..
    ahh.. that might be the problem.. 'drainage and full sun' woops..the soil is a little claggy and they are sorta behind a tree..Guess it's best to move them now-ish?? Before they start growing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Conrad

Dandelions

there is a weedkiller you can paint onto the leaves it does take a long time but it would be better than spraying it would kill to much grass which i found out by bitter experience you do not need...
    there is a weedkiller you can paint onto the leaves it does take a long time but it would be better than spraying it would kill to much grass which i found out by bitter experience you do not need to paint all leaves just a few on each plant :D :D
    there is a weedkiller you can paint onto the leaves it does take a long time but it would be better than spraying it would kill to much grass which i found out by bitter experience you do not need to paint all leaves just a few on each plant :D ...
    there is a weedkiller you can paint onto the leaves it does take a long time but it would be better than spraying it would kill to much grass which i found out by bitter experience you do not need...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. scratch

Holly Bush

Never tried to move a holly bush, so this is a bit of guesswork. Best time to move shrubs and trees tends to be the autumn - late October mainly - gives them the winter to settle their roots down....
    Never tried to move a holly bush, so this is a bit of guesswork. Best time to move shrubs and trees tends to be the autumn - late October mainly - gives them the winter to settle their roots down. Lift as much rootball as you possibly can, and make sure the hole you put in is a) bigger, and b)...
    Never tried to move a holly bush, so this is a bit of guesswork. Best time to move shrubs and trees tends to be the autumn - late October mainly - gives them the winter to settle their roots down. Lift as much rootball as you possibly can, and...
    Never tried to move a holly bush, so this is a bit of guesswork. Best time to move shrubs and trees tends to be the autumn - late October mainly - gives them the winter to settle their roots down....
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. GeorgeRouse

Petrol (might be 2t) Spillage

Well, you picked the right time of year, although if you're looking at seeding a bent / fescue (fine) mix, you ought to get on with it as soon as possible, as the temperatures are starting to...
    Well, you picked the right time of year, although if you're looking at seeding a bent / fescue (fine) mix, you ought to get on with it as soon as possible, as the temperatures are starting to drop.Over the last few years though, I've been happily seeding as late as December and still had good...
    Well, you picked the right time of year, although if you're looking at seeding a bent / fescue (fine) mix, you ought to get on with it as soon as possible, as the temperatures are starting to drop.Over the last few years though, I've been...
    Well, you picked the right time of year, although if you're looking at seeding a bent / fescue (fine) mix, you ought to get on with it as soon as possible, as the temperatures are starting to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. birdy

rhododendron

Hi Birdy I have three large Rhodo's in half barrels. the leaves turn yellow after flowering dry up and fall off. If I see any of the other leaves starting to lose their colour which they sometimes...
    Hi Birdy I have three large Rhodo's in half barrels. the leaves turn yellow after flowering dry up and fall off. If I see any of the other leaves starting to lose their colour which they sometimes do I give them a bucketful of water with about an eggcupful of (Seeweed plus Sequestered Iron)...
    Hi Birdy I have three large Rhodo's in half barrels. the leaves turn yellow after flowering dry up and fall off. If I see any of the other leaves starting to lose their colour which they sometimes do I give them a bucketful of water with about an...
    Hi Birdy I have three large Rhodo's in half barrels. the leaves turn yellow after flowering dry up and fall off. If I see any of the other leaves starting to lose their colour which they sometimes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. holme1

Eaten Clematis

Since I recently spotted a snail crossing my bedroom window (on the outside) yes, I guess they do go that high (unless a bird had dropped it and it was lost!)
    Since I recently spotted a snail crossing my bedroom window (on the outside) yes, I guess they do go that high (unless a bird had dropped it and it was lost!)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. petal

Fuchias

cheers... I need my big sister to move house quick! I live in a tiny flat (read jungle + too many house plants) there is no room for anything else... She must get a conservatory and a green house!...
    cheers... I need my big sister to move house quick! I live in a tiny flat (read jungle + too many house plants) there is no room for anything else... She must get a conservatory and a green house!unless I turn the spare room into a very large green house! lol which my landlady (read mum)...
    cheers... I need my big sister to move house quick! I live in a tiny flat (read jungle + too many house plants) there is no room for anything else... She must get a conservatory and a green house!unless I turn the spare room into a very large...
    cheers... I need my big sister to move house quick! I live in a tiny flat (read jungle + too many house plants) there is no room for anything else... She must get a conservatory and a green house!...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Ross

Watering systems, can anyone help please

Nik Was forgetting about limescale problem that plagues the southern end of the UK. Only left London 5 years ago - funny how quickly you forget these things - or is that age creeping up on me? ...
    Nik Was forgetting about limescale problem that plagues the southern end of the UK. Only left London 5 years ago - funny how quickly you forget these things - or is that age creeping up on me? :confused:
    Nik Was forgetting about limescale problem that plagues the southern end of the UK. Only left London 5 years ago - funny how quickly you forget these things - or is that age creeping up on me? :confused:
    Nik Was forgetting about limescale problem that plagues the southern end of the UK. Only left London 5 years ago - funny how quickly you forget these things - or is that age creeping up on me? ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. brazil

worried

Nope - tis not appropriate for sensitive public gazeOn a lighter note - I heard an expression on the BBC weatherforecast that had me a little concerned - we are due to have "wet rain"...
    Nope - tis not appropriate for sensitive public gazeOn a lighter note - I heard an expression on the BBC weatherforecast that had me a little concerned - we are due to have "wet rain" tomorrow - have I missed something , is there another sort :D
    Nope - tis not appropriate for sensitive public gazeOn a lighter note - I heard an expression on the BBC weatherforecast that had me a little concerned - we are due to have "wet rain" tomorrow - have I missed something , is there another...
    Nope - tis not appropriate for sensitive public gazeOn a lighter note - I heard an expression on the BBC weatherforecast that had me a little concerned - we are due to have "wet rain"...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. frogesque

September Garden Colour

I saved the seeds from my kaffir lily and some grew with flowers the same colour as the parent, but others were a pale pink which I preferred.I imagine they were reverting to type, but it was...
    I saved the seeds from my kaffir lily and some grew with flowers the same colour as the parent, but others were a pale pink which I preferred.I imagine they were reverting to type, but it was nice to get two varieties for the price of one.
    I saved the seeds from my kaffir lily and some grew with flowers the same colour as the parent, but others were a pale pink which I preferred.I imagine they were reverting to type, but it was nice to get two varieties for the price of one.
    I saved the seeds from my kaffir lily and some grew with flowers the same colour as the parent, but others were a pale pink which I preferred.I imagine they were reverting to type, but it was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. eddyjack

flowers for the shade

I have recently bought a planting plan off the website below, it gives you a plan of where to place the plants included, and if i remember rightly, you can choose which colours you like and if...
    I have recently bought a planting plan off the website below, it gives you a plan of where to place the plants included, and if i remember rightly, you can choose which colours you like and if your border is in shade, semi shade or...
    I have recently bought a planting plan off the website below, it gives you a plan of where to place the plants included, and if i remember rightly, you can choose which colours you like and if your border is in shade, semi shade or...
    I have recently bought a planting plan off the website below, it gives you a plan of where to place the plants included, and if i remember rightly, you can choose which colours you like and if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mushroom

THE PRICE IS RIGHT or NOT

More important than what you ask for is how regularly you get paid. For regular customers paying cash you can be a bit more flexible especially with pensioners or disabled. Always book your cash...
    More important than what you ask for is how regularly you get paid. For regular customers paying cash you can be a bit more flexible especially with pensioners or disabled. Always book your cash payments though or the Tax folk will be on you like a tonne of steaming compost!For anyone that...
    More important than what you ask for is how regularly you get paid. For regular customers paying cash you can be a bit more flexible especially with pensioners or disabled. Always book your cash payments though or the Tax folk will be on you like...
    More important than what you ask for is how regularly you get paid. For regular customers paying cash you can be a bit more flexible especially with pensioners or disabled. Always book your cash...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. slaydeuk

Eliminating Sedum

Many thanks for that. I have noticed that Weedol seems to set it back and I'm probably at fault in not following it up with further applications before it has time to recover. I'll try Roundup.
    Many thanks for that. I have noticed that Weedol seems to set it back and I'm probably at fault in not following it up with further applications before it has time to recover. I'll try Roundup.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Brooli2

newbie requires help with fushia and geraniums

Hi BluebellI'm new to gardening and could you just clearify one thing for me please:When you said you have planted primroses, primulas etc..Do you leave gaps inbetween the plants for when the...
    Hi BluebellI'm new to gardening and could you just clearify one thing for me please:When you said you have planted primroses, primulas etc..Do you leave gaps inbetween the plants for when the bulbs starts to grow? or you just plant the bulbs underneath the primroses etc..hoping they will...
    Hi BluebellI'm new to gardening and could you just clearify one thing for me please:When you said you have planted primroses, primulas etc..Do you leave gaps inbetween the plants for when the bulbs starts to grow? or you just plant the bulbs...
    Hi BluebellI'm new to gardening and could you just clearify one thing for me please:When you said you have planted primroses, primulas etc..Do you leave gaps inbetween the plants for when the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fran

Year round colour

For those of you with pictures of colour in your garden any month of the year (berry leaf or flower)- don't forget to add them to the message sections for that month. January to September is there...
    For those of you with pictures of colour in your garden any month of the year (berry leaf or flower)- don't forget to add them to the message sections for that month. January to September is there and can be found by using search - and additions would be very welcome to build a searchable...
    For those of you with pictures of colour in your garden any month of the year (berry leaf or flower)- don't forget to add them to the message sections for that month. January to September is there and can be found by using search - and additions...
    For those of you with pictures of colour in your garden any month of the year (berry leaf or flower)- don't forget to add them to the message sections for that month. January to September is there...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sam k

Please can someone help me before PANIC sets in

Your very welcome
    Your very welcome
    Your very welcome
    Your very welcome
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. gordon

Lavender

The worst thing for Lavender is the wet - not sure of your variety but stoechas is borderline hardy, - and like all lavenders, they don't like water. As they are new plants I would protect them...
    The worst thing for Lavender is the wet - not sure of your variety but stoechas is borderline hardy, - and like all lavenders, they don't like water. As they are new plants I would protect them with something like a cloche :D to keep the worst of the weather off if you can't lift them and...
    The worst thing for Lavender is the wet - not sure of your variety but stoechas is borderline hardy, - and like all lavenders, they don't like water. As they are new plants I would protect them with something like a cloche :D to keep the...
    The worst thing for Lavender is the wet - not sure of your variety but stoechas is borderline hardy, - and like all lavenders, they don't like water. As they are new plants I would protect them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Larburnum

Stargazer Lilies

Thanks again, the leaves are still lovely and green and very healthy looking so I will leave until they go brown. Never heard of Lily beetle Fran so I looked it up on internet to see what it...
    Thanks again, the leaves are still lovely and green and very healthy looking so I will leave until they go brown. Never heard of Lily beetle Fran so I looked it up on internet to see what it looked like. Nasty red little thing which I have never seen before. There was a Map showing where it had...
    Thanks again, the leaves are still lovely and green and very healthy looking so I will leave until they go brown. Never heard of Lily beetle Fran so I looked it up on internet to see what it looked like. Nasty red little thing which I have never...
    Thanks again, the leaves are still lovely and green and very healthy looking so I will leave until they go brown. Never heard of Lily beetle Fran so I looked it up on internet to see what it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. aqua

Tall Growing PLants

Hi all my plants are in tubs here are a list that do well delphinium,digitalis,lupins,penstemon,rudbeckia,al of the above come up every year and at a cost of a packet of seed, money well spent
    Hi all my plants are in tubs here are a list that do well delphinium,digitalis,lupins,penstemon,rudbeckia,al of the above come up every year and at a cost of a packet of seed, money well spent
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice