That's a good result then
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. shiney

What's looking good APRIL 2024

Very nice @EscarpmentLittle daffs - Pueblo, and tulips in the pot in front not far off opening- they're Honky Tonk. Acers, wallflowers and saxifrages.
    Very nice @EscarpmentLittle daffs - Pueblo, and tulips in the pot in front not far off opening- they're Honky Tonk. Acers, wallflowers and saxifrages.
    DSCF0793.jpg DSC00462.jpeg DSC00463.jpeg DSC00461.jpeg DSC00464.jpeg 20240401_085917.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Skylark001

How to eradicate bamboo?

I would say different; the advantage it has is that it is taken up through the roots as well as the foliage. The easiest way is as @noisette47 suggests hire a full size JCB and driver and that...
    I would say different; the advantage it has is that it is taken up through the roots as well as the foliage. The easiest way is as @noisette47 suggests hire a full size JCB and driver and that should be able to cope with the bank and the "difficult ground" Whole cultivars of bamboos can flower...
    I would say different; the advantage it has is that it is taken up through the roots as well as the foliage. The easiest way is as @noisette47 suggests hire a full size JCB and driver and that should be able to cope with the bank and the...
    I would say different; the advantage it has is that it is taken up through the roots as well as the foliage. The easiest way is as @noisette47 suggests hire a full size JCB and driver and that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Anna33

Trying to remember an episode of Gardeners World from a few years ago

I ordered this rose last night ,managed to get one as a lot out of stock should be delivered in next few days.
    I ordered this rose last night ,managed to get one as a lot out of stock should be delivered in next few days.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. eddybaby

Cala Lily

I had one as an houseplant. It was bought in full bloom, beautiful thing. Towards the end of Autumn it started dying back so I cut everything off right down to the base and put it in a bag in a...
    I had one as an houseplant. It was bought in full bloom, beautiful thing. Towards the end of Autumn it started dying back so I cut everything off right down to the base and put it in a bag in a dark cupboard.When spring came I got it out, watered it, and within a couple of weeks loads of new...
    I had one as an houseplant. It was bought in full bloom, beautiful thing. Towards the end of Autumn it started dying back so I cut everything off right down to the base and put it in a bag in a dark cupboard.When spring came I got it out,...
    I had one as an houseplant. It was bought in full bloom, beautiful thing. Towards the end of Autumn it started dying back so I cut everything off right down to the base and put it in a bag in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. BB3

Begonias

Probably too cold, I wouldn't put them outside until mid May at the earliest.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. TheMadHedger

new Beech hedge - best ways to thicken it up?

Yes- it's as @Punkdoc says. Young hedging plants are called whips, and you can get 1 yr old, 2 yr old ones etc. The big advantage of Beech, and also Hornbeam, is that they can be kept as tight,...
    Yes- it's as @Punkdoc says. Young hedging plants are called whips, and you can get 1 yr old, 2 yr old ones etc. The big advantage of Beech, and also Hornbeam, is that they can be kept as tight, narrow hedges, but they can also become very large in each direction. ;)Meikleour Beech Hedge,...
    Yes- it's as @Punkdoc says. Young hedging plants are called whips, and you can get 1 yr old, 2 yr old ones etc. The big advantage of Beech, and also Hornbeam, is that they can be kept as tight, narrow hedges, but they can also become very large...
    Yes- it's as @Punkdoc says. Young hedging plants are called whips, and you can get 1 yr old, 2 yr old ones etc. The big advantage of Beech, and also Hornbeam, is that they can be kept as tight,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. BenCotto
    Like x 8

Slug and Snail Grand National - place your bets

I expect slug numbers are strongly influence by the weather in any particular week. I think we have all witnessed a scourge of slugs and snails, appearing almost from nowhere, on a wet but mild...
    I expect slug numbers are strongly influence by the weather in any particular week. I think we have all witnessed a scourge of slugs and snails, appearing almost from nowhere, on a wet but mild summer’s evening after a dry spell.
    I expect slug numbers are strongly influence by the weather in any particular week. I think we have all witnessed a scourge of slugs and snails, appearing almost from nowhere, on a wet but mild summer’s evening after a dry spell.
    I expect slug numbers are strongly influence by the weather in any particular week. I think we have all witnessed a scourge of slugs and snails, appearing almost from nowhere, on a wet but mild...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. eddybaby
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. BB3

Supermarket lemon thyme

I have no idea @Papi Jo. The selection available in France Rurale in Moutiers-les Mauxfaits seems to change each year and from one season to another. I have yet to ffind a decent seed compost...
    I have no idea @Papi Jo. The selection available in France Rurale in Moutiers-les Mauxfaits seems to change each year and from one season to another. I have yet to ffind a decent seed compost there tho Leclerc in Luçon had some good stuff 2 years ago. Carrefour market in Le Champ-St-Père...
    I have no idea @Papi Jo. The selection available in France Rurale in Moutiers-les Mauxfaits seems to change each year and from one season to another. I have yet to ffind a decent seed compost there tho Leclerc in Luçon had some good stuff 2...
    I have no idea @Papi Jo. The selection available in France Rurale in Moutiers-les Mauxfaits seems to change each year and from one season to another. I have yet to ffind a decent seed compost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. NoviceGardener2023

Best approach to planting grass seed after removing weeds

I think your list of what to do sounds pretty good, but I think doing the forking a bit closer together would be better.
    I think your list of what to do sounds pretty good, but I think doing the forking a bit closer together would be better.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Clueless 1 v2
    Like x 3

Flowering currant

I have a lot of them in my garden courtesy of the previous owner. I don't love them but they are all well established in the hedge so they have stayed. Personally I find the fragrance a bit like...
    I have a lot of them in my garden courtesy of the previous owner. I don't love them but they are all well established in the hedge so they have stayed. Personally I find the fragrance a bit like cat wee but you have to get close to smell it on mine! They are a reliable flower-er though so I keep...
    I have a lot of them in my garden courtesy of the previous owner. I don't love them but they are all well established in the hedge so they have stayed. Personally I find the fragrance a bit like cat wee but you have to get close to smell it on...
    I have a lot of them in my garden courtesy of the previous owner. I don't love them but they are all well established in the hedge so they have stayed. Personally I find the fragrance a bit like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Goldenlily26

Preserving edible flowers

Yes! I must look for the pink violet which I treat as a weed, I cannot get rid of it. It seeds everywhere, has no scent and is not a good colour. I might be able to find some purple violets...
    Yes! I must look for the pink violet which I treat as a weed, I cannot get rid of it. It seeds everywhere, has no scent and is not a good colour. I might be able to find some purple violets growing in the lane. A good idea.
    Yes! I must look for the pink violet which I treat as a weed, I cannot get rid of it. It seeds everywhere, has no scent and is not a good colour. I might be able to find some purple violets growing in the lane. A good idea.
    Yes! I must look for the pink violet which I treat as a weed, I cannot get rid of it. It seeds everywhere, has no scent and is not a good colour. I might be able to find some purple violets...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. BenMunro

Lawn advice

Hi all,My lawn has taken a battering over the winter - it hasn't been helped that my garden slopes down at the back (a flood mitigation put in by the developer) so holds the water in a winter....
    Hi all,My lawn has taken a battering over the winter - it hasn't been helped that my garden slopes down at the back (a flood mitigation put in by the developer) so holds the water in a winter.I used to have such a gorgeous lawn by thanks to a neighbour who lets the weeds grow and the...
    Hi all,My lawn has taken a battering over the winter - it hasn't been helped that my garden slopes down at the back (a flood mitigation put in by the developer) so holds the water in a winter.I used to have such a gorgeous lawn by thanks to...
    Hi all,My lawn has taken a battering over the winter - it hasn't been helped that my garden slopes down at the back (a flood mitigation put in by the developer) so holds the water in a winter....
    IMG_4421.JPG IMG_4420.JPG IMG_4419.JPG IMG_4418.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Spruce

Growing Schizanthus - Poor Man's Orchid Plants

We’ve grown them from seed 2022 started them March and had really good germination. They like you were dotted around in Hanging baskets as fillers and Pots for the whole of the summer so...
    We’ve grown them from seed 2022 started them March and had really good germination. They like you were dotted around in Hanging baskets as fillers and Pots for the whole of the summer so colourful and I live a bit further up around Abergavenny .
    We’ve grown them from seed 2022 started them March and had really good germination. They like you were dotted around in Hanging baskets as fillers and Pots for the whole of the summer so colourful and I live a bit further up around Abergavenny .
    We’ve grown them from seed 2022 started them March and had really good germination. They like you were dotted around in Hanging baskets as fillers and Pots for the whole of the summer so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. BenCotto
    Like x 4

Truss vs The Lettuce; Slugs vs Cucumber

Currently in the shade of the fence on the patio by the house. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. toadflax74

Moving garden

@toadflax74 you are welcome.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ChrisMyatt

Chippy Hell, suggestions for strong smelling plants

The proximity of the kitchen will be a big factor, so that has to be considered. Nothing will make much if a difference, in plant terms, if you're really close.
    The proximity of the kitchen will be a big factor, so that has to be considered. Nothing will make much if a difference, in plant terms, if you're really close.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Michael Hewett

Where is the Wild flower thread ?

Get in touch with your local police for ASB parking on pavements picture's will help email police and copy to your PCC disable people are having problems using the pavements, you never know...
    Get in touch with your local police for ASB parking on pavements picture's will help email police and copy to your PCC disable people are having problems using the pavements, you never know something may happen :)
    Get in touch with your local police for ASB parking on pavements picture's will help email police and copy to your PCC disable people are having problems using the pavements, you never know something may happen :)
    Get in touch with your local police for ASB parking on pavements picture's will help email police and copy to your PCC disable people are having problems using the pavements, you never know...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Philip Hughes

Santolina rosmarinifolia - bee friendly?

I have one in my garden which definitely attracts hover flies.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice