General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. walnut

Amarylis

A scented amarylis called jewel a little too subtle for my proboscisclick to enlarge
    A scented amarylis called jewel a little too subtle for my proboscisclick to enlarge
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Scotkat

Barra for you (your own garden)

How is it coming along?Any progress yet?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. miraflores

gypsophila

is it better to grow it in pots and how long does it take to produce flowers?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. miraflores

gypsophila

any idea why this is the third time that my gypsophila seedlings die after reaching 3-4 cm? They are indoors in a pot.
    any idea why this is the third time that my gypsophila seedlings die after reaching 3-4 cm? They are indoors in a pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Lintama

Photynia cuttings

What is the best time of year to take cuttings of Photynia? I have 'Red Robin' and last year I took a few cuttings and none survived although one did take but later died when I brought it into the...
    What is the best time of year to take cuttings of Photynia? I have 'Red Robin' and last year I took a few cuttings and none survived although one did take but later died when I brought it into the house. Perhaps it was too warm for it. Is there a special way to take the cuttings?
    What is the best time of year to take cuttings of Photynia? I have 'Red Robin' and last year I took a few cuttings and none survived although one did take but later died when I brought it into the house. Perhaps it was too warm for it. Is there...
    What is the best time of year to take cuttings of Photynia? I have 'Red Robin' and last year I took a few cuttings and none survived although one did take but later died when I brought it into the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Scotkat

Yuletide camelia never did get one.

Cant find anyone who stocks this camelia .Last yr contacted Loder Plants they had it but were out of stock plants to send out and to contact in Feb .After doing this they do not have it in...
    Cant find anyone who stocks this camelia .Last yr contacted Loder Plants they had it but were out of stock plants to send out and to contact in Feb .After doing this they do not have it in stock.Coudl give me Crimson King but want yuletide or nothing.Does anyone know where I can find...
    Cant find anyone who stocks this camelia .Last yr contacted Loder Plants they had it but were out of stock plants to send out and to contact in Feb .After doing this they do not have it in stock.Coudl give me Crimson King but want yuletide...
    Cant find anyone who stocks this camelia .Last yr contacted Loder Plants they had it but were out of stock plants to send out and to contact in Feb .After doing this they do not have it in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. lg280

Communial alley upkeep

Hi, im after some sage like advice. After living in my terrace for the past 14 months, i decided to clear the rear alley way. This is a communial path providing rear access to four houses. As this...
    Hi, im after some sage like advice. After living in my terrace for the past 14 months, i decided to clear the rear alley way. This is a communial path providing rear access to four houses. As this is communial, its up to the residents to maintain, not the council , however im the only resident...
    Hi, im after some sage like advice. After living in my terrace for the past 14 months, i decided to clear the rear alley way. This is a communial path providing rear access to four houses. As this is communial, its up to the residents to...
    Hi, im after some sage like advice. After living in my terrace for the past 14 months, i decided to clear the rear alley way. This is a communial path providing rear access to four houses. As this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Scotkat

Trailing Lobelia seeds sown today

In Elect propagator 3rd Feb also Bird of Paradise Pete.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Tigerlily

Hapspen Garden, Somerset

Just wondered if anyone has been taking an interest in what is going on down at Hadspen? Website www.thehadspenparabola.com gives details. For anyone who visited the garden when it was run by...
    Just wondered if anyone has been taking an interest in what is going on down at Hadspen? Website www.thehadspenparabola.com gives details. For anyone who visited the garden when it was run by Nori and Sandra Pope it will be interesting!
    Just wondered if anyone has been taking an interest in what is going on down at Hadspen? Website www.thehadspenparabola.com gives details. For anyone who visited the garden when it was run by Nori and Sandra Pope it will be interesting!
    Just wondered if anyone has been taking an interest in what is going on down at Hadspen? Website www.thehadspenparabola.com gives details. For anyone who visited the garden when it was run by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. johnnywas

Pruning Willow

I have a willow tree which is about 20 foor high. when I bought the house about 5 years ago it was large and sprawling but we hired a tree surgeon to cut it back by reducing it height by about a...
    I have a willow tree which is about 20 foor high. when I bought the house about 5 years ago it was large and sprawling but we hired a tree surgeon to cut it back by reducing it height by about a third. it cost about �£150.2 years later we cut it back again and this time to a more attractive...
    I have a willow tree which is about 20 foor high. when I bought the house about 5 years ago it was large and sprawling but we hired a tree surgeon to cut it back by reducing it height by about a third. it cost about �£150.2 years later we cut...
    I have a willow tree which is about 20 foor high. when I bought the house about 5 years ago it was large and sprawling but we hired a tree surgeon to cut it back by reducing it height by about a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. AncientGardener

Oca and Ulluco crop

Planted Oca and Ulluco in the spring having been inspired by Simon Hickmotts 'Growing Unusual Vegetables' book to try something different. I started them off in the greenhouse in pots and then...
    Planted Oca and Ulluco in the spring having been inspired by Simon Hickmotts 'Growing Unusual Vegetables' book to try something different. I started them off in the greenhouse in pots and then planted them out in April in a deep bed that was treated with lots of lovely well rotted manure. The...
    Planted Oca and Ulluco in the spring having been inspired by Simon Hickmotts 'Growing Unusual Vegetables' book to try something different. I started them off in the greenhouse in pots and then planted them out in April in a deep bed that was...
    Planted Oca and Ulluco in the spring having been inspired by Simon Hickmotts 'Growing Unusual Vegetables' book to try something different. I started them off in the greenhouse in pots and then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Whiley

Weeding and bedding plant removable

Hey all, just a continuation of my thread in Beginners, but how would i safely and effeciently go about getting rid of mass bedding plants left to go out of control, and also weeds that have gone...
    Hey all, just a continuation of my thread in Beginners, but how would i safely and effeciently go about getting rid of mass bedding plants left to go out of control, and also weeds that have gone crazy from inbetween paving slabs?Whats the best way to pull them out and make sure they're gone...
    Hey all, just a continuation of my thread in Beginners, but how would i safely and effeciently go about getting rid of mass bedding plants left to go out of control, and also weeds that have gone crazy from inbetween paving slabs?Whats the...
    Hey all, just a continuation of my thread in Beginners, but how would i safely and effeciently go about getting rid of mass bedding plants left to go out of control, and also weeds that have gone...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. compost maker
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ruffmeister

bumper ocober update

Hi there,just to let you know that we have acumulated our latest updates into one massive bumper update for october.http://www.lottieblogs.co.uk/onu.aspx Jobs inlcude strange produce that is...
    Hi there,just to let you know that we have acumulated our latest updates into one massive bumper update for october.http://www.lottieblogs.co.uk/onu.aspx Jobs inlcude strange produce that is still growing, new equipment being built as well as winter prep startinglet us know what you think.
    Hi there,just to let you know that we have acumulated our latest updates into one massive bumper update for october.http://www.lottieblogs.co.uk/onu.aspx Jobs inlcude strange produce that is still growing, new equipment being built as well as...
    Hi there,just to let you know that we have acumulated our latest updates into one massive bumper update for october.http://www.lottieblogs.co.uk/onu.aspx Jobs inlcude strange produce that is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. carolla

garden weeds

can anyone help me get rid of aplant or weed invading my garden and lawn called babys tears as it is only surface rooting . lawn weedkiller doesnt touch it.thanks carolla.
    can anyone help me get rid of aplant or weed invading my garden and lawn called babys tears as it is only surface rooting . lawn weedkiller doesnt touch it.thanks carolla.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. miraflores

Dyer's woad (Isatis tinctoria L.)

One would not imagine that you can get "indigo blue" dye from this plant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. oktarine

Reads Retreat Blog

Has been updated !Go on, take a look ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. miraflores

and here we are...

my production...(although they are in Italy at the moment)1)Chrysanthemum, if I remember right...(I clearly remember though that it grew unbelievably slowly) 2)plumeria my beautiful...
    my production...(although they are in Italy at the moment)1)Chrysanthemum, if I remember right...(I clearly remember though that it grew unbelievably slowly) 2)plumeria my beautiful...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. daz and debs

musa sikkimensis red tiger

Hi guys iv just got 2 of theses bananas as i like them.Doese anyone have any pics of a larger plant please.Its just that iv never seen one when there a good size. My ones a re still only a foot...
    Hi guys iv just got 2 of theses bananas as i like them.Doese anyone have any pics of a larger plant please.Its just that iv never seen one when there a good size. My ones a re still only a foot high ish.Many thanks..daz
    Hi guys iv just got 2 of theses bananas as i like them.Doese anyone have any pics of a larger plant please.Its just that iv never seen one when there a good size. My ones a re still only a foot high ish.Many thanks..daz
    Hi guys iv just got 2 of theses bananas as i like them.Doese anyone have any pics of a larger plant please.Its just that iv never seen one when there a good size. My ones a re still only a foot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. PLOTTY

MY WEEK :39 UPDATE

Hello all, just to let you know that I have posted my latest update and to say thanks to those of you who have ordered some of my Sweet Pea seeds, thanks Steve.http://www.myallotments.com
    Hello all, just to let you know that I have posted my latest update and to say thanks to those of you who have ordered some of my Sweet Pea seeds, thanks Steve.http://www.myallotments.com
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice