Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Lolimac

My poor old May.....

Thanks for the bulletin Webmaster. A little gentle stroke from all of us and we wish her well, Jenny
    Thanks for the bulletin Webmaster. A little gentle stroke from all of us and we wish her well, Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Lolimac

For Jenny....meet the 'Windsor Girls'.....

Dont forget fresh eggs with breakfast aswell jenny :blue thumb: yum
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Lolimac
    Like x 5

Mabel returns !

Cover him in honey and cornflakes then let the chickens do the rest hehe. My neighbour next door used to be like that but since i trimmed his father in laws privets for him he seems to like me...
    Cover him in honey and cornflakes then let the chickens do the rest hehe. My neighbour next door used to be like that but since i trimmed his father in laws privets for him he seems to like me know lol
    Cover him in honey and cornflakes then let the chickens do the rest hehe. My neighbour next door used to be like that but since i trimmed his father in laws privets for him he seems to like me know lol
    Cover him in honey and cornflakes then let the chickens do the rest hehe. My neighbour next door used to be like that but since i trimmed his father in laws privets for him he seems to like me...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. babafang

Are my chickens safe with Arum Italicum?

You might want to have a look at this thread
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Louise

Fox broke into my coop :(

Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on...
    Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on the school run) just your first message, so hope you have since been able to sort out a coop and more...
    Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on the school run) just your first message, so hope...
    Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Lolimac

Ideas wanted for chicken friendly garden.....

It may not work - literacy is not a strong point amongst Vulpines
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Vince
    Like x 3

We've got chickens

Lovely Vince,i've always fancied a speckeldy....mine are hybrids ...lovely lasses.One of my dogs is scared of the chooks the other wants to play with them:chicken:
    Lovely Vince,i've always fancied a speckeldy....mine are hybrids ...lovely lasses.One of my dogs is scared of the chooks the other wants to play with them:chicken:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lolimac

New chooks.....

Thanks for that Scrungee:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JPS

what to grow up a chicken run?

? Would the occupants of the chicken run not eat the growing greenery ? Jack McHammocklashing
    ? Would the occupants of the chicken run not eat the growing greenery ? Jack McHammocklashing
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Louise

my chicken house plans

Use 3 hinges, not 2 (the door will be harder to rip off) use screws not nails, again it makes for a lot better and stronger construction, use mastic on the corners (inside the house) and along all...
    Use 3 hinges, not 2 (the door will be harder to rip off) use screws not nails, again it makes for a lot better and stronger construction, use mastic on the corners (inside the house) and along all edges, this will leave no place for red mite to breed and hide, and make cleaning easy, the nest...
    Use 3 hinges, not 2 (the door will be harder to rip off) use screws not nails, again it makes for a lot better and stronger construction, use mastic on the corners (inside the house) and along all edges, this will leave no place for red mite to...
    Use 3 hinges, not 2 (the door will be harder to rip off) use screws not nails, again it makes for a lot better and stronger construction, use mastic on the corners (inside the house) and along all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. sterile

Thinking of keeping chickens...

Hi Sterile, I'd read up on previous posts ....you'll find them interesting:dbgrtmb: I went for Hybrids and they've been cracking girls...my oldest is coming up 5,semi retired...still lays every other day...
    Hi Sterile, I'd read up on previous posts ....you'll find them interesting:dbgrtmb: I went for Hybrids and they've been cracking girls...my oldest is coming up 5,semi retired...still lays every other day or so:thumbsup: A safe and secure home for them is very important and a good diet.... There are pros and cons...
    Hi Sterile, I'd read up on previous posts ....you'll find them interesting:dbgrtmb: I went for Hybrids and they've been cracking girls...my oldest is coming up 5,semi retired...still lays every other day or so:thumbsup: A safe and secure home for them is very...
    Hi Sterile, I'd read up on previous posts ....you'll find them interesting:dbgrtmb: I went for Hybrids and they've been cracking girls...my oldest is coming up 5,semi retired...still lays every other day...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Gogs

Cockerel grrrr .

I have a little bantie rooster who's on the loose,he terrorises my nearest neighbour who is quite a distance away,when hes done playing hell with her he comes home.
    I have a little bantie rooster who's on the loose,he terrorises my nearest neighbour who is quite a distance away,when hes done playing hell with her he comes home.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. kindredspirit
    Like x 6

The chicken story.

I use vaseline on mine.....on thier combs i mean:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Flowerpot

Is it worth keeping Chickens?

I bet they can find all the slug grubs for you aswell:cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. lazydog

Hempcore heads up

Over the last year or so a few sites have been extolling the virtues of using hempcore for chicken runs and coops. Well it looks like they changed processors and a lot of fine fibre is getting...
    Over the last year or so a few sites have been extolling the virtues of using hempcore for chicken runs and coops. Well it looks like they changed processors and a lot of fine fibre is getting into the pack. I have spent today washing my chickens feet and removing clumps of muck from their...
    Over the last year or so a few sites have been extolling the virtues of using hempcore for chicken runs and coops. Well it looks like they changed processors and a lot of fine fibre is getting into the pack. I have spent today washing my chickens...
    Over the last year or so a few sites have been extolling the virtues of using hempcore for chicken runs and coops. Well it looks like they changed processors and a lot of fine fibre is getting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. HYDROGEN86

My new hens are starting to lay

They are safe in the coop It's on concrete but in the day I just let them out and leave them to it. I have covered almost all gaps with chicken wire but on 3 seperate occasions I have had to knock...
    They are safe in the coop It's on concrete but in the day I just let them out and leave them to it. I have covered almost all gaps with chicken wire but on 3 seperate occasions I have had to knock on next doors and a house behind mine to ask for chickens back :heehee: I don't like the idea of caging...
    They are safe in the coop It's on concrete but in the day I just let them out and leave them to it. I have covered almost all gaps with chicken wire but on 3 seperate occasions I have had to knock on next doors and a house behind mine to ask for...
    They are safe in the coop It's on concrete but in the day I just let them out and leave them to it. I have covered almost all gaps with chicken wire but on 3 seperate occasions I have had to knock...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Louise

what to so with chicken droppings and shavings?

Hi Louise I have the same 'problem' 13 ex-bats need a lot of sawdust and produce a lot of poop. They have started roosting out of the coop at night (why??) so I have been collecting their poop...
    Hi Louise I have the same 'problem' 13 ex-bats need a lot of sawdust and produce a lot of poop. They have started roosting out of the coop at night (why??) so I have been collecting their poop and throwing it into a newly started composter. I do have a lot of woodshavings as well so I am...
    Hi Louise I have the same 'problem' 13 ex-bats need a lot of sawdust and produce a lot of poop. They have started roosting out of the coop at night (why??) so I have been collecting their poop and throwing it into a newly started composter. ...
    Hi Louise I have the same 'problem' 13 ex-bats need a lot of sawdust and produce a lot of poop. They have started roosting out of the coop at night (why??) so I have been collecting their poop...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Trunky
    Like x 5

Looking a bit tatty!

I've never noticed one of our hens moult since we changed from purebreds to hybrid hens.Feathers can be stuck into potatoes and hung up (mock raptors) as bird scarers.
    I've never noticed one of our hens moult since we changed from purebreds to hybrid hens.Feathers can be stuck into potatoes and hung up (mock raptors) as bird scarers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Liz W

Cheapish chicken house

Thanks. Couldn't be bothered to do a tiny on it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Louise

Chicken run q's

Hi Louise, yes I think that the chicken will definitely be too hot in the sun. The best protection you can give them from the heat is probably some low bushes (they would hide underneath) or...
    Hi Louise, yes I think that the chicken will definitely be too hot in the sun. The best protection you can give them from the heat is probably some low bushes (they would hide underneath) or trees. Failing that a wooden mat similar to what you use at the seaside to lie down on, butwith bigger...
    Hi Louise, yes I think that the chicken will definitely be too hot in the sun. The best protection you can give them from the heat is probably some low bushes (they would hide underneath) or trees. Failing that a wooden mat similar to what you...
    Hi Louise, yes I think that the chicken will definitely be too hot in the sun. The best protection you can give them from the heat is probably some low bushes (they would hide underneath) or...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice