Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. RandyRos

Itchy Chicken

Paint it yellow and call it big bird wont have a problem then :loll::loll: Spruce
    Paint it yellow and call it big bird wont have a problem then :loll::loll: Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. miraflores

chicken names

I'll keep meaning to check out the name of the farm (not in her family any more). Would have been in the 1970's. Also had friends who's relatives had farms there where I stayed (1980's) before...
    I'll keep meaning to check out the name of the farm (not in her family any more). Would have been in the 1970's. Also had friends who's relatives had farms there where I stayed (1980's) before meeting Mrs Scrungee, but I can't remember much about those days.We have a practice of...
    I'll keep meaning to check out the name of the farm (not in her family any more). Would have been in the 1970's. Also had friends who's relatives had farms there where I stayed (1980's) before meeting Mrs Scrungee, but I can't remember much about...
    I'll keep meaning to check out the name of the farm (not in her family any more). Would have been in the 1970's. Also had friends who's relatives had farms there where I stayed (1980's) before...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Webmaster
    Like x 6

Our new additions ....

As strange as it may seem, some feed their fish Brine shrimp enriched with Garlic ;)Gamma Brimeshrimp + Garlic - Seahorse Aquariums Ltd
    As strange as it may seem, some feed their fish Brine shrimp enriched with Garlic ;)Gamma Brimeshrimp + Garlic - Seahorse Aquariums Ltd
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Freddy

Keeping Chickens

Hi ZiggyI've no doubt you're right, but I already have time/space restraints. Ah well, maybe some time in the future:)Cheers...Freddy.
    Hi ZiggyI've no doubt you're right, but I already have time/space restraints. Ah well, maybe some time in the future:)Cheers...Freddy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Plant Potty

Who keeps Chickens? how many and in what?...

Something I've always been meaning to try is a plastic strip curtain in front of an open plan nest box, which is 'supposed' to reduce the hen's desire to head for the furthest, darkest, corner.
    Something I've always been meaning to try is a plastic strip curtain in front of an open plan nest box, which is 'supposed' to reduce the hen's desire to head for the furthest, darkest, corner.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. RandyRos

Rare breed chickens

I recently asked on my local Freecycle (South Norfolk Freegle) for some fertile chickens eggs and got quite a few replies.I have kept some email addys from some of them as they have rare breed...
    I recently asked on my local Freecycle (South Norfolk Freegle) for some fertile chickens eggs and got quite a few replies.I have kept some email addys from some of them as they have rare breed chickens & they asked me to pass their email addys on to anyone who is interested in fertile eggs...
    I recently asked on my local Freecycle (South Norfolk Freegle) for some fertile chickens eggs and got quite a few replies.I have kept some email addys from some of them as they have rare breed chickens & they asked me to pass their email...
    I recently asked on my local Freecycle (South Norfolk Freegle) for some fertile chickens eggs and got quite a few replies.I have kept some email addys from some of them as they have rare breed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. joolz68

loving duck eggs

yeah ur prob right ziggy itl prob end up looking like the opencast around here :loll: ..i do have a large patch to fill at the bottom thou which was y i was thinking ducks and it has one of those...
    yeah ur prob right ziggy itl prob end up looking like the opencast around here :loll: ..i do have a large patch to fill at the bottom thou which was y i was thinking ducks and it has one of those helicopter trees there so its mostly dead ground :mad: x
    yeah ur prob right ziggy itl prob end up looking like the opencast around here :loll: ..i do have a large patch to fill at the bottom thou which was y i was thinking ducks and it has one of those helicopter trees there so its mostly dead ground :mad: x
    yeah ur prob right ziggy itl prob end up looking like the opencast around here :loll: ..i do have a large patch to fill at the bottom thou which was y i was thinking ducks and it has one of those...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. GazSuttonUK

Keeping Chickens..

Never had a problem with cats, chickens usually win when it comes down to getting food off a cat. They have a great sense of what should be happening. YouTube - ‪2 chickens break up rabbit...
    Never had a problem with cats, chickens usually win when it comes down to getting food off a cat. They have a great sense of what should be happening. YouTube - ‪2 chickens break up rabbit fight!‬‏
    Never had a problem with cats, chickens usually win when it comes down to getting food off a cat. They have a great sense of what should be happening. YouTube - ‪2 chickens break up rabbit fight!‬‏
    Never had a problem with cats, chickens usually win when it comes down to getting food off a cat. They have a great sense of what should be happening. YouTube - ‪2 chickens break up rabbit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JWK

Owl lookalike Chicken for miraflores

Aaaah lovely chickens, hubby's quite jealous they've got more hair than him,lol.
    Aaaah lovely chickens, hubby's quite jealous they've got more hair than him,lol.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sheal

Chickens!

The first possibly a Leghorn - as could the second one. But the second could also be a Welsummer (the female next to it might confirm that).If the last one has five toes, it's a Dorking!
    The first possibly a Leghorn - as could the second one. But the second could also be a Welsummer (the female next to it might confirm that).If the last one has five toes, it's a Dorking!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sussexgardener

Anyone want chickens?

Thank you for your kind words :)Im glad it made you rethink, i dont mean that to sound bad but it really can cost alot and isnt easy (and helps if you have friends with farms! :heehee:)From...
    Thank you for your kind words :)Im glad it made you rethink, i dont mean that to sound bad but it really can cost alot and isnt easy (and helps if you have friends with farms! :heehee:)From personal experience i found owls one of the hardest BOP's to train aswell.As i said previously, if...
    Thank you for your kind words :)Im glad it made you rethink, i dont mean that to sound bad but it really can cost alot and isnt easy (and helps if you have friends with farms! :heehee:)From personal experience i found owls one of the hardest BOP's...
    Thank you for your kind words :)Im glad it made you rethink, i dont mean that to sound bad but it really can cost alot and isnt easy (and helps if you have friends with farms! :heehee:)From...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. clueless1

Who keeps chickens?

i keep chooks - two little colombian and one very very old ex batmy neighbours love getting a few very very fresh eggsloop0y
    i keep chooks - two little colombian and one very very old ex batmy neighbours love getting a few very very fresh eggsloop0y
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. devongardener

chickens

I agree, chickens are not that difficult to look after - a secure, dry and draught free place to sleep, a secure run to roam and scratch and food and water.
    I agree, chickens are not that difficult to look after - a secure, dry and draught free place to sleep, a secure run to roam and scratch and food and water.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Freedom_Spark

Runt duckling?

Thanks for asking Sussexgardener! He/she is getting on brilliantly very healthy & cute, still considerably smaller than the rest but growing well, I'll get a new pic/video when I get a chance.
    Thanks for asking Sussexgardener! He/she is getting on brilliantly very healthy & cute, still considerably smaller than the rest but growing well, I'll get a new pic/video when I get a chance.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Fidgetsmum

The intellect of bees

You could collect some venom and make some beauty cream from it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. RandyRos

my chooks got bored

:lollol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Russel Sprout

Ducks in garden

Great, thats what I was hoping for. Guess I'll have to experiment a bit to find a strength that doesnt overwhelm my plants. Thanks all.
    Great, thats what I was hoping for. Guess I'll have to experiment a bit to find a strength that doesnt overwhelm my plants. Thanks all.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. RandyRos

poorly chook!

thanks for that. i already checked up the leg, nothing there. it seems to be ok now anyway. there doesnt seem to be anything coming from her nose/beak now, and we dont have anywhere to keep her...
    thanks for that. i already checked up the leg, nothing there. it seems to be ok now anyway. there doesnt seem to be anything coming from her nose/beak now, and we dont have anywhere to keep her seperately (hubby keeps promising a new run......) unfortunately. all the other hens are fine. i...
    thanks for that. i already checked up the leg, nothing there. it seems to be ok now anyway. there doesnt seem to be anything coming from her nose/beak now, and we dont have anywhere to keep her seperately (hubby keeps promising a new run......)...
    thanks for that. i already checked up the leg, nothing there. it seems to be ok now anyway. there doesnt seem to be anything coming from her nose/beak now, and we dont have anywhere to keep her...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. RandyRos

weird egg thing

you can google for more information. But its not anything in general to get excited over. My fathers hens every now and then would have one.
    you can google for more information. But its not anything in general to get excited over. My fathers hens every now and then would have one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. babyboy515

Chickens....????

mine are in a moveable run so they have fresh grass, but i also pick handfuls of longer grass and give them, which they eat
    mine are in a moveable run so they have fresh grass, but i also pick handfuls of longer grass and give them, which they eat
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice