Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

Cat Deterrent Talk.? All post of this nature in this thread only.. Humane talk only please.!

That's got to have been the King Tom of the area! That's hilarious! :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

Did you know.... WASPS HATE PEPPERMINT..!!

Of my god, that's the first time I hear about this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley

An Organic Mite Control Spray for your Greenhouse..!!

Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly .....no sprays other than water for me on edible...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kandy
    Like x 6

Lily Beetles and Larva...

Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

Safe ways to deter Cats from your Garden Information only..

Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found. Garlic, in a spray, which contains garlic oil also...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found....
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. Tidemark

Sycamore trees dying branch by branch in the Peak District

Thank you for that. Very sad.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mikeybcoco

Giant Yucca Transplant Problems

You could try to revive it by reducing the trunks by half or more. New shoots will emerge as buds below the cuts and then grow to create another multi-headed plant, assuming the root ball is...
    You could try to revive it by reducing the trunks by half or more. New shoots will emerge as buds below the cuts and then grow to create another multi-headed plant, assuming the root ball is alive. It will also be far happier in the ground as Cordylines produce large tap roots which need soil depth.
    You could try to revive it by reducing the trunks by half or more. New shoots will emerge as buds below the cuts and then grow to create another multi-headed plant, assuming the root ball is alive. It will also be far happier in the ground as...
    You could try to revive it by reducing the trunks by half or more. New shoots will emerge as buds below the cuts and then grow to create another multi-headed plant, assuming the root ball is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. bluegeranium

Peony Problem

It does look awful, but I think if you cut it down now you may not get any flowers next year.
    It does look awful, but I think if you cut it down now you may not get any flowers next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. CostasK

The war on slugs

Blackbirds and thrushes eat slugs. But not 200 at a sitting.:phew:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Will Hay

What is attacking my lobelia cardinalis

Kinda more free fall. :biggrin: No bungee involved.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. BB3

What happens after ant flying day?

That's very interesting. Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. AnniD

Crocosmia Query

I love a challenge :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. weas3l

Hydrangea Problems

I'd also add as a candidate some white flowering rugosa roses, they don't mind salty environments and are tough as anything and create nice hedges that can be trimmed if needed, after flowering
    I'd also add as a candidate some white flowering rugosa roses, they don't mind salty environments and are tough as anything and create nice hedges that can be trimmed if needed, after flowering
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Plantminded

Getting rid of ants in block paving

But if we ever need to park a car on the lawn, we’re ready.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. 900 m up

Box blight

Excellent, Thanks for the link.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Grandma Sue

Has my cucumber plant got spider mite?

If its spider mite they will be visible on the underside of the leaves, but unless you have very good eyesight they can be difficult to see. Use a hand lens if you have one.It doesn't look too...
    If its spider mite they will be visible on the underside of the leaves, but unless you have very good eyesight they can be difficult to see. Use a hand lens if you have one.It doesn't look too bad to me.Try to keep a humid atmosphere.
    If its spider mite they will be visible on the underside of the leaves, but unless you have very good eyesight they can be difficult to see. Use a hand lens if you have one.It doesn't look too bad to me.Try to keep a humid atmosphere.
    If its spider mite they will be visible on the underside of the leaves, but unless you have very good eyesight they can be difficult to see. Use a hand lens if you have one.It doesn't look too...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Dom777

Help rogersia leaves going brown

Actually the Fatsias look a bit yellow. I think you just have too much in too smaller place. Are they in Multipurpose compost?If you want to keep them in there just for this year I'd feed at...
    Actually the Fatsias look a bit yellow. I think you just have too much in too smaller place. Are they in Multipurpose compost?If you want to keep them in there just for this year I'd feed at least once a week and use something like miracle grow or a high nitrogen fertiliser.Long term I dont...
    Actually the Fatsias look a bit yellow. I think you just have too much in too smaller place. Are they in Multipurpose compost?If you want to keep them in there just for this year I'd feed at least once a week and use something like miracle...
    Actually the Fatsias look a bit yellow. I think you just have too much in too smaller place. Are they in Multipurpose compost?If you want to keep them in there just for this year I'd feed at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Andrew Rycroft

What's wrong with this Lupin

It has been a real problem everywhere this yr unfortunately.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. ViewAhead

Poorly Phlox

Ah, relieved to hear mine are not the only ones, and that a sickly specimen may recover the next yr.We've had such wet weather here I'm not sure lack of water can be the whole issue. I wonder...
    Ah, relieved to hear mine are not the only ones, and that a sickly specimen may recover the next yr.We've had such wet weather here I'm not sure lack of water can be the whole issue. I wonder whether they thrive long-term in containers? I've always thought of them as an in-the-ground plant.
    Ah, relieved to hear mine are not the only ones, and that a sickly specimen may recover the next yr.We've had such wet weather here I'm not sure lack of water can be the whole issue. I wonder whether they thrive long-term in containers? ...
    Ah, relieved to hear mine are not the only ones, and that a sickly specimen may recover the next yr.We've had such wet weather here I'm not sure lack of water can be the whole issue. I wonder...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Tufty

Aphids on runner beans. What to do?

Squish and leave the rest to the ladybird grubs because those Ladybirds you have now will be laying yellow eggs at the moment and if they do the aphids will go.
    Squish and leave the rest to the ladybird grubs because those Ladybirds you have now will be laying yellow eggs at the moment and if they do the aphids will go.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. TheMadHedger

Fungus Clear Ultra 2 - is this spray safe once it's dried on the plants?

Thanks all. I certainly wouldn't leave the container in a place that the dogs could get to it.
    Thanks all. I certainly wouldn't leave the container in a place that the dogs could get to it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. pete

Broad beans

I have terrible blackfly on some eryngiums, but the broad beans about 5 metres away haven't been hit yet...
    I have terrible blackfly on some eryngiums, but the broad beans about 5 metres away haven't been hit yet...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Love my chicken

Anyone know what this is?

That looks like walnut leaf gall mite damage... Walnut Leaf Gall Mite | NatureSpot
    That looks like walnut leaf gall mite damage... Walnut Leaf Gall Mite | NatureSpot
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. lizzie27

Soloman Seal Sawfly caterpillars

I have the sawfly each year and just see it as plant ‘going over’. Luckily other plants disguise the damage (from afar).
    I have the sawfly each year and just see it as plant ‘going over’. Luckily other plants disguise the damage (from afar).
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. AcerObsessed

What's making these holes in my pots ??

When we have pots with bulbs in them the squirrels are the culprits.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice