Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

Cat Deterrent Talk.? All post of this nature in this thread only.. Humane talk only please.! 2015

Hi and welcome to GC.If you scroll down below the Rep;y box you find find other posts relating to this and maybe you can find your solution there.
    Hi and welcome to GC.If you scroll down below the Rep;y box you find find other posts relating to this and maybe you can find your solution there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

Did you know.... WASPS HATE PEPPERMINT..!!

Harry dive for the vinegar mate..very good solution for bringing swelling down...I avoid them if I can :)
    Harry dive for the vinegar mate..very good solution for bringing swelling down...I avoid them if I can :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley

An Organic Mite Control Spray for your Greenhouse..!!

Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly .....no sprays other than water for me on edible...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kandy
    Like x 6

Lily Beetles and Larva...

Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

Safe ways to deter Cats from your Garden Information only..

Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found. Garlic, in a spray, which contains garlic oil also...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found....
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Daisies
    Locked Sticky
    Like x 17

Anti-cat threads will be summarily closed

PLEASE TAKE NOTEDue to the incendiary nature of the topic, any further ANTI-CAT threads WILL BE SUMMARILY CLOSED AND MAY EVEN BE DELETED!Daisees has spoken!
    PLEASE TAKE NOTEDue to the incendiary nature of the topic, any further ANTI-CAT threads WILL BE SUMMARILY CLOSED AND MAY EVEN BE DELETED!Daisees has spoken!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8.   » Normal Threads
  9. mgkelly

Dying or diseased Privet Hedge

Hiya mgkelly, nobody seemed to know what the problem was with escallonias and the hard pruning was a do or die effort.:) Generally it worked....for me and others here where those escallanias now...
    Hiya mgkelly, nobody seemed to know what the problem was with escallonias and the hard pruning was a do or die effort.:) Generally it worked....for me and others here where those escallanias now abound:)I would not trim or thin yours out ....I would cut back really hard. It won’t leave brown...
    Hiya mgkelly, nobody seemed to know what the problem was with escallonias and the hard pruning was a do or die effort.:) Generally it worked....for me and others here where those escallanias now abound:)I would not trim or thin yours out ....I...
    Hiya mgkelly, nobody seemed to know what the problem was with escallonias and the hard pruning was a do or die effort.:) Generally it worked....for me and others here where those escallanias now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. karaman

what is this critter on my albizzia and how do i get rid of it

sorry for late reply, been away for a while --- cant take better pic as i got a rubbish phone and it seems the critter has gone away/been eaten by a predator? but thanks for your reply marley farley.
    sorry for late reply, been away for a while --- cant take better pic as i got a rubbish phone and it seems the critter has gone away/been eaten by a predator? but thanks for your reply marley farley.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Darmok

Cherry Blossom Tree - Blackfly and possible shot hole disease?

Thanks very much for your response @pete - that sounds encouraging :)Yes, we will be more proactive with the spraying next year. They were all hiding on the underside of the leaves and we didn't...
    Thanks very much for your response @pete - that sounds encouraging :)Yes, we will be more proactive with the spraying next year. They were all hiding on the underside of the leaves and we didn't realise the tree was overrun until it was too late :(Do you recommend any particular spray? We have...
    Thanks very much for your response @pete - that sounds encouraging :)Yes, we will be more proactive with the spraying next year. They were all hiding on the underside of the leaves and we didn't realise the tree was overrun until it was too late...
    Thanks very much for your response @pete - that sounds encouraging :)Yes, we will be more proactive with the spraying next year. They were all hiding on the underside of the leaves and we didn't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. MadMare

Mares Tail battle!

Ok, just see how it pans out. Next year you should have a lot less to handle.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Joolz

Slug watch. Friend or foe?

Thanks very much @Marley Farley in the bin he will go. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Bart

Red robin ornamental tree struggling

Gardeners and Blackspot. Probably thoughts turn to Roses and blackspot. However other plants can also be come victim to this fungal attack. Firstly, if you are aware that your plant is...
    Gardeners and Blackspot. Probably thoughts turn to Roses and blackspot. However other plants can also be come victim to this fungal attack. Firstly, if you are aware that your plant is susceptible to this enemy, then don't wait until you have visible signs of an attack. Spray/treat the plant...
    Gardeners and Blackspot. Probably thoughts turn to Roses and blackspot. However other plants can also be come victim to this fungal attack. Firstly, if you are aware that your plant is susceptible to this enemy, then don't wait until you have...
    Gardeners and Blackspot. Probably thoughts turn to Roses and blackspot. However other plants can also be come victim to this fungal attack. Firstly, if you are aware that your plant is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. BigC

Bad News for Earthworms

Yeah @Verdun I had read that too, read they were in Scotland but didn't expect to see them here or certainly not in my garden. Like I say I'm not stressing just yet but they are another bugger...
    Yeah @Verdun I had read that too, read they were in Scotland but didn't expect to see them here or certainly not in my garden. Like I say I'm not stressing just yet but they are another bugger that comes out nocturnally when humans are in bed. Need my friend back I haven't seen him/her for quite...
    Yeah @Verdun I had read that too, read they were in Scotland but didn't expect to see them here or certainly not in my garden. Like I say I'm not stressing just yet but they are another bugger that comes out nocturnally when humans are in bed....
    Yeah @Verdun I had read that too, read they were in Scotland but didn't expect to see them here or certainly not in my garden. Like I say I'm not stressing just yet but they are another bugger...
    Frog.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. cindy

What is eating my Lupin flowers?

Yes I would agree with Verdun @cindy sadly snails. Check around under the rim of the pot and underneath for snails or slugs...
    Yes I would agree with Verdun @cindy sadly snails. Check around under the rim of the pot and underneath for snails or slugs...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. DMM

Campanula Persicifolia Rust ..... Help Please !!!!

Hi everyoneMy Campanula Persicifolia was becoming too large for it's container so I divided it into four clumps earlier this year and planted each one in separate areas. I have now discovered...
    Hi everyoneMy Campanula Persicifolia was becoming too large for it's container so I divided it into four clumps earlier this year and planted each one in separate areas. I have now discovered rust on the underside of almost every leaf ... please see photo. I'm thinking I may need to dig them...
    Hi everyoneMy Campanula Persicifolia was becoming too large for it's container so I divided it into four clumps earlier this year and planted each one in separate areas. I have now discovered rust on the underside of almost every leaf ......
    Hi everyoneMy Campanula Persicifolia was becoming too large for it's container so I divided it into four clumps earlier this year and planted each one in separate areas. I have now discovered...
    20190622_194754.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. mazambo

Friend or foe

Sent the photo to the Royal Entomological Society out of interest and they kindly sent back a reply, it's rose saw fly so I think that goes down as foe.
    Sent the photo to the Royal Entomological Society out of interest and they kindly sent back a reply, it's rose saw fly so I think that goes down as foe.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. RandyRos

So many ants..

Grease bands you buy should be sticky, I think. It's not the same as Vaseline.Many things can cause leaves to curl, but aphids are a common one. Especially if you've got lots of ants.
    Grease bands you buy should be sticky, I think. It's not the same as Vaseline.Many things can cause leaves to curl, but aphids are a common one. Especially if you've got lots of ants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. idmcg

MY POORLY APPLE TREE next season

Yes, by all means check the growth over. If I may. Bug infection, resulting in what might be called leaf curl. Usually this takes place with much more matured growth.Although we tend to...
    Yes, by all means check the growth over. If I may. Bug infection, resulting in what might be called leaf curl. Usually this takes place with much more matured growth.Although we tend to accept that trees and shrubs are much stronger than say, our border plants. They are perhaps more...
    Yes, by all means check the growth over. If I may. Bug infection, resulting in what might be called leaf curl. Usually this takes place with much more matured growth.Although we tend to accept that trees and shrubs are much stronger than...
    Yes, by all means check the growth over. If I may. Bug infection, resulting in what might be called leaf curl. Usually this takes place with much more matured growth.Although we tend to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. GSB

Issues with Portuguese Laurel Hedge

@GSB i am sure you will get on top of it now.. The nematodes are very effective you may need to do more than one dose.. The grubs usually hatch after two weeks and immediately start to feed on...
    @GSB i am sure you will get on top of it now.. The nematodes are very effective you may need to do more than one dose.. The grubs usually hatch after two weeks and immediately start to feed on the roots of their host. Fully-grown grubs burrow deeper into the soil to pupate, usually in late...
    @GSB i am sure you will get on top of it now.. The nematodes are very effective you may need to do more than one dose.. The grubs usually hatch after two weeks and immediately start to feed on the roots of their host. Fully-grown grubs burrow...
    @GSB i am sure you will get on top of it now.. The nematodes are very effective you may need to do more than one dose.. The grubs usually hatch after two weeks and immediately start to feed on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Zirenz

Peach Tree

Oh well wrong again.:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Sandpiper

Dying Photinia Red Robin?

Did this tree ever recover?I have a very similar situation, one has died, 2 more going the same way.How long had yours been planted for out of interest, and had it always struggled?
    Did this tree ever recover?I have a very similar situation, one has died, 2 more going the same way.How long had yours been planted for out of interest, and had it always struggled?
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. ricky101

Frogs - Slugs and Snails

Hello ricky101, unless your frogs have knives and forks, I don't think they'd tackle large slugs and snails. In fact, I'm not convinced that they're much bothered about smaller ones either. The...
    Hello ricky101, unless your frogs have knives and forks, I don't think they'd tackle large slugs and snails. In fact, I'm not convinced that they're much bothered about smaller ones either. The last couple of years, the plants next to my pond have been infested with tiny, white snails. Despite...
    Hello ricky101, unless your frogs have knives and forks, I don't think they'd tackle large slugs and snails. In fact, I'm not convinced that they're much bothered about smaller ones either. The last couple of years, the plants next to my pond...
    Hello ricky101, unless your frogs have knives and forks, I don't think they'd tackle large slugs and snails. In fact, I'm not convinced that they're much bothered about smaller ones either. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. N.N

What makes my beets and swiss chards look like that?

Beet leaf miner is an easy pest to recognize. The leaves of the infested plant become marked first with translucent tunnels, then these grow to become blotches. The upper leaf surface takes on the...
    Beet leaf miner is an easy pest to recognize. The leaves of the infested plant become marked first with translucent tunnels, then these grow to become blotches. The upper leaf surface takes on the texture of parchment while the lower one eventually turns brown. Further inspection will reveal one...
    Beet leaf miner is an easy pest to recognize. The leaves of the infested plant become marked first with translucent tunnels, then these grow to become blotches. The upper leaf surface takes on the texture of parchment while the lower one...
    Beet leaf miner is an easy pest to recognize. The leaves of the infested plant become marked first with translucent tunnels, then these grow to become blotches. The upper leaf surface takes on the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Greg C

Getting rid of Spittle bug

Don't blame you. We haven't got any Spittle so I didn't bother to look at the form. Have now looked and won't bother even if I find some. All they should need is the location and what it is. ...
    Don't blame you. We haven't got any Spittle so I didn't bother to look at the form. Have now looked and won't bother even if I find some. All they should need is the location and what it is. Unless you want to give your name, address and email they should allow you not to.
    Don't blame you. We haven't got any Spittle so I didn't bother to look at the form. Have now looked and won't bother even if I find some. All they should need is the location and what it is. Unless you want to give your name, address and...
    Don't blame you. We haven't got any Spittle so I didn't bother to look at the form. Have now looked and won't bother even if I find some. All they should need is the location and what it is. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. AgingGuru

Exochorda wilting - no idea why ...

. Thanks for this. I think the Garden designer helped with the planting so I'm pretty sure it was done well. We'll give it a good soaking and let you know the results.
    . Thanks for this. I think the Garden designer helped with the planting so I'm pretty sure it was done well. We'll give it a good soaking and let you know the results.
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Loki

Lilly beetles

Cheeky!!!:rasp:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice