Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

Cat Deterrent Talk.? All post of this nature in this thread only.. Humane talk only please.! 2015

If you have average cold water pressure those sprays will cover 10 mtrs + easily. One should be more than enough. Plenty of doube tap adapters on the market in metal or plastic, just google.
    If you have average cold water pressure those sprays will cover 10 mtrs + easily. One should be more than enough. Plenty of doube tap adapters on the market in metal or plastic, just google.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

Did you know.... WASPS HATE PEPPERMINT..!!

You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have...
    You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have never heard of mint being a wasp repellant but it is commonly known to be a rat repellant. Yes, mint is...
    You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have never heard of mint being a wasp repellant but it is...
    You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley

An Organic Mite Control Spray for your Greenhouse..!!

Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly .....no sprays other than water for me on edible...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kandy
    Like x 6

Lily Beetles and Larva...

Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

Safe ways to deter Cats from your Garden Information only..

Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found. Garlic, in a spray, which contains garlic oil also...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found....
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. McTavish14

Dying cotoneaster

Thank you Bark is still moist and green so have pruned as you suggested Thank you
    Thank you Bark is still moist and green so have pruned as you suggested Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Scrungee

Squirrels

They tend to take a few bites at courgettes rather than eat the whole thing. I don't grow pumpkins anymore but seem to think they left them alone. I have ornamental gourds this year which haven't...
    They tend to take a few bites at courgettes rather than eat the whole thing. I don't grow pumpkins anymore but seem to think they left them alone. I have ornamental gourds this year which haven't been touched.
    They tend to take a few bites at courgettes rather than eat the whole thing. I don't grow pumpkins anymore but seem to think they left them alone. I have ornamental gourds this year which haven't been touched.
    They tend to take a few bites at courgettes rather than eat the whole thing. I don't grow pumpkins anymore but seem to think they left them alone. I have ornamental gourds this year which haven't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. cactusdolly66

Cotinus wilt

Grreat - that seems like problem solved! Thanks very much
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Cassie23

Box blight?

They've stripped quite a few hedges around here but people are persevering! Dig out and plant an alternative
    They've stripped quite a few hedges around here but people are persevering! Dig out and plant an alternative
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ennnceee

What is happening here?

Yes, we think mealy bugs. Thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Gizmo

rodent?

I spoke with the owners of house today they advised that the picture is inside property.. The holes had. Pipes for ventilation system they removed system but also advised to use it as...
    I spoke with the owners of house today they advised that the picture is inside property.. The holes had. Pipes for ventilation system they removed system but also advised to use it as ventilation.. At the moment nothing heard eg rodent??
    I spoke with the owners of house today they advised that the picture is inside property.. The holes had. Pipes for ventilation system they removed system but also advised to use it as ventilation.. At the moment nothing heard eg rodent??
    I spoke with the owners of house today they advised that the picture is inside property.. The holes had. Pipes for ventilation system they removed system but also advised to use it as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Usman Qureshi

Insects hovering over tilled lawn!

Thanks all for your responses! There was just too many of them so I started work on the front lawn instead! Will check again tomorrow and work up the courage to work alongside them. :heehee:Perhaps, but...
    Thanks all for your responses! There was just too many of them so I started work on the front lawn instead! Will check again tomorrow and work up the courage to work alongside them. :heehee:Perhaps, but they definitely weren't that big! The plan for tomorrow is to hopefully finish off levelling and...
    Thanks all for your responses! There was just too many of them so I started work on the front lawn instead! Will check again tomorrow and work up the courage to work alongside them. :heehee:Perhaps, but they definitely weren't that big! The plan for...
    Thanks all for your responses! There was just too many of them so I started work on the front lawn instead! Will check again tomorrow and work up the courage to work alongside them. :heehee:Perhaps, but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gizmo

allsorted flowers and veg

i do use organic pellets and even slug trap and copper tape its a shame that this is what is eating our plants
    i do use organic pellets and even slug trap and copper tape its a shame that this is what is eating our plants
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. seanflan02

What is eating my plant and how do I treat it?

Hi,Is this what you have seen ?If so its not so much the leaf damage thats the problems, its the grubs eating the roots away over winter, then you notice the plants are dying next...
    Hi,Is this what you have seen ?If so its not so much the leaf damage thats the problems, its the grubs eating the roots away over winter, then you notice the plants are dying next spring.Two main courses of action use an insecticide drench like Provardo or a dench of Nematoes like Nemasys.
    Hi,Is this what you have seen ?If so its not so much the leaf damage thats the problems, its the grubs eating the roots away over winter, then you notice the plants are dying next spring.Two main courses of action use an insecticide drench...
    Hi,Is this what you have seen ?If so its not so much the leaf damage thats the problems, its the grubs eating the roots away over winter, then you notice the plants are dying next...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Mark L Cliff

Clematis drooping suddenly?

I had that happen in Bucks and it was Clematis Wilt.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. jowwy

Sluggo for slugs

I planted three Campanulas a few months ago, and one of them has had all its leaves eaten leaving only stems, presumably by slugs. Another one has had a lot of leaves eaten, with just the stems...
    I planted three Campanulas a few months ago, and one of them has had all its leaves eaten leaving only stems, presumably by slugs. Another one has had a lot of leaves eaten, with just the stems left, but still has a lot of surviving leaves and beautiful starry flowers. The third one, with...
    I planted three Campanulas a few months ago, and one of them has had all its leaves eaten leaving only stems, presumably by slugs. Another one has had a lot of leaves eaten, with just the stems left, but still has a lot of surviving leaves and...
    I planted three Campanulas a few months ago, and one of them has had all its leaves eaten leaving only stems, presumably by slugs. Another one has had a lot of leaves eaten, with just the stems...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Chris B

Dahlia leaf problem

He's done it on his own plants and it works.Have to do it more than once like in the videos.
    He's done it on his own plants and it works.Have to do it more than once like in the videos.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. lolimac

Box Blight..

Best thing that ever happened!!!I was afraid I had to deal with those box bushes for the rest of my life after buying them together with the house. My wife liked they but in my eyes they are...
    Best thing that ever happened!!!I was afraid I had to deal with those box bushes for the rest of my life after buying them together with the house. My wife liked they but in my eyes they are absolutely useless for nature.So when the box blight came i had a good excuse to root them all out...
    Best thing that ever happened!!!I was afraid I had to deal with those box bushes for the rest of my life after buying them together with the house. My wife liked they but in my eyes they are absolutely useless for nature.So when the box...
    Best thing that ever happened!!!I was afraid I had to deal with those box bushes for the rest of my life after buying them together with the house. My wife liked they but in my eyes they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. bluepeter

Is this chlorosis?

Thank you.
    Thank you.
    Thank you.
    Thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Upsydaisy

Bird of Paradise plant in need of help!!

Hi Vicky, I've just spoken with him again and he agreed that it could be red spider mite. His plant is over 5 foot tall and has a lot of leaves but only 4 seem to be showing varying degrees of...
    Hi Vicky, I've just spoken with him again and he agreed that it could be red spider mite. His plant is over 5 foot tall and has a lot of leaves but only 4 seem to be showing varying degrees of disease.He said that he knows it won't bloom indoors but bought if for it's foliage. Stunning plant...
    Hi Vicky, I've just spoken with him again and he agreed that it could be red spider mite. His plant is over 5 foot tall and has a lot of leaves but only 4 seem to be showing varying degrees of disease.He said that he knows it won't bloom...
    Hi Vicky, I've just spoken with him again and he agreed that it could be red spider mite. His plant is over 5 foot tall and has a lot of leaves but only 4 seem to be showing varying degrees of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. JWK

Butterfly eggs and Caterpillars on brassicas - what to do

Thanks @jowwy - I once tried using stick on velcro strips for shading in my greenhouse, but the stick-on didn't... and I didn't think of superglue - though perhaps something like 'Sticks Like'...
    Thanks @jowwy - I once tried using stick on velcro strips for shading in my greenhouse, but the stick-on didn't... and I didn't think of superglue - though perhaps something like 'Sticks Like' would have worked on the flimsy shading net.
    Thanks @jowwy - I once tried using stick on velcro strips for shading in my greenhouse, but the stick-on didn't... and I didn't think of superglue - though perhaps something like 'Sticks Like' would have worked on the flimsy shading net.
    Thanks @jowwy - I once tried using stick on velcro strips for shading in my greenhouse, but the stick-on didn't... and I didn't think of superglue - though perhaps something like 'Sticks Like'...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Steven Grieve

Wilting Spotted Aucuba or Laurel

Swap Shop reference there....I've scooshed on some rose plant fungicide stuff as well as I can.The healthy leaves will soon be outnumbered by yellowing leaves, then my plants will be past the...
    Swap Shop reference there....I've scooshed on some rose plant fungicide stuff as well as I can.The healthy leaves will soon be outnumbered by yellowing leaves, then my plants will be past the point of no return, with no new buds on the main stalks to replace the fallen ones.
    Swap Shop reference there....I've scooshed on some rose plant fungicide stuff as well as I can.The healthy leaves will soon be outnumbered by yellowing leaves, then my plants will be past the point of no return, with no new buds on the main...
    Swap Shop reference there....I've scooshed on some rose plant fungicide stuff as well as I can.The healthy leaves will soon be outnumbered by yellowing leaves, then my plants will be past the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Flumpy

Problem with sweet peas

Sadly they all gone to seed, I realised at my old house the where in a more shady area so next year I’m moving them to the other side :dbgrtmb: lesson learned
    Sadly they all gone to seed, I realised at my old house the where in a more shady area so next year I’m moving them to the other side :dbgrtmb: lesson learned
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. ChickenStudio

Parakeets

We have a plague of them! They pretty much took residence in our fruit trees last year and their claws wreck the bark too. No solution that I've found other than a blunderbuss! (Not really,...
    We have a plague of them! They pretty much took residence in our fruit trees last year and their claws wreck the bark too. No solution that I've found other than a blunderbuss! (Not really, they're protected birds even though a pest)
    We have a plague of them! They pretty much took residence in our fruit trees last year and their claws wreck the bark too. No solution that I've found other than a blunderbuss! (Not really, they're protected birds even though a pest)
    We have a plague of them! They pretty much took residence in our fruit trees last year and their claws wreck the bark too. No solution that I've found other than a blunderbuss! (Not really,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Santolina

Clematis problem.

Perhaps a good, deep, slow soak once a week would do? That's what mine get @Santolina, the first photo certainly does look like a nutrient issue but I think it's unconnected to the later, brown...
    Perhaps a good, deep, slow soak once a week would do? That's what mine get @Santolina, the first photo certainly does look like a nutrient issue but I think it's unconnected to the later, brown shrivelled leaves.
    Perhaps a good, deep, slow soak once a week would do? That's what mine get @Santolina, the first photo certainly does look like a nutrient issue but I think it's unconnected to the later, brown shrivelled leaves.
    Perhaps a good, deep, slow soak once a week would do? That's what mine get @Santolina, the first photo certainly does look like a nutrient issue but I think it's unconnected to the later, brown...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice