Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

Cat Deterrent Talk.? All post of this nature in this thread only.. Humane talk only please.! 2015

hi you could get a Jet Spray Cat Repeller By PestBye® primrose.co.uk £19.99which will lightly spray water if a cat comes near but will not hurt the cat or Defenders Solar Sonic Cat Repeller sound...
    hi you could get a Jet Spray Cat Repeller By PestBye® primrose.co.uk £19.99which will lightly spray water if a cat comes near but will not hurt the cat or Defenders Solar Sonic Cat Repeller sound that will frighten the cat but this too will not harm it Defendersargos.co.uk £22.00 also Cats are...
    hi you could get a Jet Spray Cat Repeller By PestBye® primrose.co.uk £19.99which will lightly spray water if a cat comes near but will not hurt the cat or Defenders Solar Sonic Cat Repeller sound that will frighten the cat but this too will not...
    hi you could get a Jet Spray Cat Repeller By PestBye® primrose.co.uk £19.99which will lightly spray water if a cat comes near but will not hurt the cat or Defenders Solar Sonic Cat Repeller sound...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

Did you know.... WASPS HATE PEPPERMINT..!!

You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have...
    You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have never heard of mint being a wasp repellant but it is commonly known to be a rat repellant. Yes, mint is...
    You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have never heard of mint being a wasp repellant but it is...
    You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley

An Organic Mite Control Spray for your Greenhouse..!!

Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly .....no sprays other than water for me on edible...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kandy
    Like x 6

Lily Beetles and Larva...

Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

Safe ways to deter Cats from your Garden Information only..

Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found. Garlic, in a spray, which contains garlic oil also...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found....
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. laurine

Soil infested with a lot of worms

If you didn't know, pete, it was no gaff:dunno::love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Gizmo

white leaves on flowers

many thanks for your help and advice
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Dave Brocklebank

30+ years established ivy killing trees

You might try some strong professional Glyphosate weed killer, I put some of this on my ivy and its all gone, so has everything else I put it on.
    You might try some strong professional Glyphosate weed killer, I put some of this on my ivy and its all gone, so has everything else I put it on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Tinkerbelle61

What is wrong with my Beans please?

Well done :yay:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Green Knees

Pest Cocoon? atop a carrot?

Imagine that as an adult flying amongst your begonias! :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ThePlantAssassin

Nemaslug advice pease

Hi,Not used NemaSlug, but just a quick look at the product it states -"Nemaslug is particularly effective in wet conditions, when slugs are at their worst and pellets are at their least...
    Hi,Not used NemaSlug, but just a quick look at the product it states -"Nemaslug is particularly effective in wet conditions, when slugs are at their worst and pellets are at their least effective. Nemaslug will kill snails, and many retailers sell it for that purpose, however Nemaslug is...
    Hi,Not used NemaSlug, but just a quick look at the product it states -"Nemaslug is particularly effective in wet conditions, when slugs are at their worst and pellets are at their least effective. Nemaslug will kill snails, and many...
    Hi,Not used NemaSlug, but just a quick look at the product it states -"Nemaslug is particularly effective in wet conditions, when slugs are at their worst and pellets are at their least...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ThePlantAssassin
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ThePlantAssassin

Half Price BUDDLEIA

I bought four dwarf Buddlejas several years ago believing that they would be the same as the full size ones. They have all died bar one. They were in pots on my patio in multi purpose compost...
    I bought four dwarf Buddlejas several years ago believing that they would be the same as the full size ones. They have all died bar one. They were in pots on my patio in multi purpose compost with good drainage. The one that survived and seems to be thriving is one I planted into the ground. I...
    I bought four dwarf Buddlejas several years ago believing that they would be the same as the full size ones. They have all died bar one. They were in pots on my patio in multi purpose compost with good drainage. The one that survived and seems...
    I bought four dwarf Buddlejas several years ago believing that they would be the same as the full size ones. They have all died bar one. They were in pots on my patio in multi purpose compost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Riley

What's eating these leaves?

Vine weevil.
    Vine weevil.
    Vine weevil.
    Vine weevil.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. iamnotarobot

Macho wasps reluctant to give up

Ah OK! Is it likely to damage natural stone paving do you think?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Green Knees

The biggest Caterpillar in the world?

Ah, I see my little rubber critters were very young ...Elephant Hawk-moth and caterpillar | Wildlife Insight
    Ah, I see my little rubber critters were very young ...Elephant Hawk-moth and caterpillar | Wildlife Insight
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ThePlantAssassin

Lacecap vs Slugs

Oh lord. Just what we humans needed... slugs that are picky eaters. Hee, hee, hee. No, I cannot say that I have noticed that. :o)
    Oh lord. Just what we humans needed... slugs that are picky eaters. Hee, hee, hee. No, I cannot say that I have noticed that. :o)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Derek 13

Unhealthy Hydrangea

This reply Mike appears to be aimed at Derek's original post. James would have been better starting his own thread, but he was a newbie. Derek has a poorly pot plant. James has a highly congested...
    This reply Mike appears to be aimed at Derek's original post. James would have been better starting his own thread, but he was a newbie. Derek has a poorly pot plant. James has a highly congested border with 3 conifers in front of his window, and 3 hydrangeas in front of those.. (See photo in...
    This reply Mike appears to be aimed at Derek's original post. James would have been better starting his own thread, but he was a newbie. Derek has a poorly pot plant. James has a highly congested border with 3 conifers in front of his window, and...
    This reply Mike appears to be aimed at Derek's original post. James would have been better starting his own thread, but he was a newbie. Derek has a poorly pot plant. James has a highly congested...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Gardenretreat

Whats happening to my apple tree leaves? What should I do?

Thanks again Redwing. Will do :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Green Knees

Gooseberry pest folds & glues leaf

I've got something very similar that's making use of the top leaves of my recently-planted willows. Like you, I found a small caterpillar in the one I investigated. I was a bit worried, but the...
    I've got something very similar that's making use of the top leaves of my recently-planted willows. Like you, I found a small caterpillar in the one I investigated. I was a bit worried, but the willows don't seem to mind so I'm just going to leave them be.
    I've got something very similar that's making use of the top leaves of my recently-planted willows. Like you, I found a small caterpillar in the one I investigated. I was a bit worried, but the willows don't seem to mind so I'm just going to...
    I've got something very similar that's making use of the top leaves of my recently-planted willows. Like you, I found a small caterpillar in the one I investigated. I was a bit worried, but the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. BastLoki

Gooseberry pests?

Is it a large slug or snail? I think one of the latter was very successful at removing leaves completely off a small gooseberry plant... it must have been crawling out onto a leaf to eat it and...
    Is it a large slug or snail? I think one of the latter was very successful at removing leaves completely off a small gooseberry plant... it must have been crawling out onto a leaf to eat it and the leaf would break off as it couldn't support the weight.I don't know if it kept falling onto the...
    Is it a large slug or snail? I think one of the latter was very successful at removing leaves completely off a small gooseberry plant... it must have been crawling out onto a leaf to eat it and the leaf would break off as it couldn't support the...
    Is it a large slug or snail? I think one of the latter was very successful at removing leaves completely off a small gooseberry plant... it must have been crawling out onto a leaf to eat it and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Jasmine star

White powdery clematis leaves?

If it dont work it wasn't me who told you.:biggrin:;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Saul

Leatherjackets???

That does look more like the crane flies were emerging rather than laying eggs.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. TheMadHedger

Wasps gathering around the base of a tree ..... sap related?

Thanks, seems like we're on the same page.I would though like to spray the area with something safe that would deter them from feeding on the sap (or whatever it is).
    Thanks, seems like we're on the same page.I would though like to spray the area with something safe that would deter them from feeding on the sap (or whatever it is).
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. DMM

Olive tree problem.... anyone know what this is?

@Redwing I get loads of flowers followed by hundreds of tiny bobbles on bunches that should mature into olives but they ALL fall off and I've NEVER had a single fruit. Probably cos its in a...
    @Redwing I get loads of flowers followed by hundreds of tiny bobbles on bunches that should mature into olives but they ALL fall off and I've NEVER had a single fruit. Probably cos its in a pot.....maybe
    @Redwing I get loads of flowers followed by hundreds of tiny bobbles on bunches that should mature into olives but they ALL fall off and I've NEVER had a single fruit. Probably cos its in a pot.....maybe
    @Redwing I get loads of flowers followed by hundreds of tiny bobbles on bunches that should mature into olives but they ALL fall off and I've NEVER had a single fruit. Probably cos its in a...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice