Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

Cat Deterrent Talk.? All post of this nature in this thread only.. Humane talk only please.! 2015

hi you could get a Jet Spray Cat Repeller By PestBye® primrose.co.uk £19.99which will lightly spray water if a cat comes near but will not hurt the cat or Defenders Solar Sonic Cat Repeller sound...
    hi you could get a Jet Spray Cat Repeller By PestBye® primrose.co.uk £19.99which will lightly spray water if a cat comes near but will not hurt the cat or Defenders Solar Sonic Cat Repeller sound that will frighten the cat but this too will not harm it Defendersargos.co.uk £22.00 also Cats are...
    hi you could get a Jet Spray Cat Repeller By PestBye® primrose.co.uk £19.99which will lightly spray water if a cat comes near but will not hurt the cat or Defenders Solar Sonic Cat Repeller sound that will frighten the cat but this too will not...
    hi you could get a Jet Spray Cat Repeller By PestBye® primrose.co.uk £19.99which will lightly spray water if a cat comes near but will not hurt the cat or Defenders Solar Sonic Cat Repeller sound...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

Did you know.... WASPS HATE PEPPERMINT..!!

You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have...
    You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have never heard of mint being a wasp repellant but it is commonly known to be a rat repellant. Yes, mint is...
    You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have never heard of mint being a wasp repellant but it is...
    You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley

An Organic Mite Control Spray for your Greenhouse..!!

Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly .....no sprays other than water for me on edible...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kandy
    Like x 6

Lily Beetles and Larva...

Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

Safe ways to deter Cats from your Garden Information only..

Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found. Garlic, in a spray, which contains garlic oil also...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found....
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. Purple Streaks

Epsom salts

You're right! Although I'm sure that someone, somewhere recommended chucking Epsom salts at it :scratch: Probably a 'useful' bit of misinformation from a celebrity gardener :biggrin:
    You're right! Although I'm sure that someone, somewhere recommended chucking Epsom salts at it :scratch: Probably a 'useful' bit of misinformation from a celebrity gardener :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Aldo
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Caelius

Hollyhock rust & Mallows/Hibiscus worries:

Thanks for all the replies.I unfortunately cannot post a picture as I already disposed of all the foliage with the spots on. But yes, yellow-ish spots on underside of leaves and...
    Thanks for all the replies.I unfortunately cannot post a picture as I already disposed of all the foliage with the spots on. But yes, yellow-ish spots on underside of leaves and yellow/orangey-brown spots on top. I also thought it would be more of a spring/summer thing but to me it certainly...
    Thanks for all the replies.I unfortunately cannot post a picture as I already disposed of all the foliage with the spots on. But yes, yellow-ish spots on underside of leaves and yellow/orangey-brown spots on top. I also thought it would be more...
    Thanks for all the replies.I unfortunately cannot post a picture as I already disposed of all the foliage with the spots on. But yes, yellow-ish spots on underside of leaves and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Upsydaisy

Harts Tongue Fern

I have two in hanging baskets.
    IMG_20210202_144151_hdr.jpg upload_2021-2-2_23-11-47.png upload_2021-2-2_23-15-28.png upload_2021-2-2_23-22-38.png IMG_20200626_133324.jpg DSC00742.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Ct_purley

Cherry laurel leaf problem

I'm not really all that good at identifying problems from photos, but, having said that...It looks to me as if the leaves have holes in them. Cherry laurels like to have air around them, as they...
    I'm not really all that good at identifying problems from photos, but, having said that...It looks to me as if the leaves have holes in them. Cherry laurels like to have air around them, as they dont like damp conditions. When they are used as a hedge, the air circulation stops, they get damp,...
    I'm not really all that good at identifying problems from photos, but, having said that...It looks to me as if the leaves have holes in them. Cherry laurels like to have air around them, as they dont like damp conditions. When they are used as...
    I'm not really all that good at identifying problems from photos, but, having said that...It looks to me as if the leaves have holes in them. Cherry laurels like to have air around them, as they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Upsydaisy

Who did this.......own up!!!

Well, it wasn't him either:dunno::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Mike Allen
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sheal

Deer?

It's a roebucktoothedfloppyhorned leporideer Fantastic stitching, BTW
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. DMM

Olive tree problem.... anyone know what this is?

Exactly the same here! Hundreds of flowers then bobbles and then they drop. Oh.... I did get one olive in 2020 ... ha
    Exactly the same here! Hundreds of flowers then bobbles and then they drop. Oh.... I did get one olive in 2020 ... ha
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. laurine

Soil infested with a lot of worms

If you didn't know, pete, it was no gaff:dunno::love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Gizmo

white leaves on flowers

many thanks for your help and advice
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Dave Brocklebank

30+ years established ivy killing trees

You might try some strong professional Glyphosate weed killer, I put some of this on my ivy and its all gone, so has everything else I put it on.
    You might try some strong professional Glyphosate weed killer, I put some of this on my ivy and its all gone, so has everything else I put it on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Tinkerbelle61

What is wrong with my Beans please?

Well done :yay:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Green Knees

Pest Cocoon? atop a carrot?

Imagine that as an adult flying amongst your begonias! :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. ThePlantAssassin

Nemaslug advice pease

Hi,Not used NemaSlug, but just a quick look at the product it states -"Nemaslug is particularly effective in wet conditions, when slugs are at their worst and pellets are at their least...
    Hi,Not used NemaSlug, but just a quick look at the product it states -"Nemaslug is particularly effective in wet conditions, when slugs are at their worst and pellets are at their least effective. Nemaslug will kill snails, and many retailers sell it for that purpose, however Nemaslug is...
    Hi,Not used NemaSlug, but just a quick look at the product it states -"Nemaslug is particularly effective in wet conditions, when slugs are at their worst and pellets are at their least effective. Nemaslug will kill snails, and many...
    Hi,Not used NemaSlug, but just a quick look at the product it states -"Nemaslug is particularly effective in wet conditions, when slugs are at their worst and pellets are at their least...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. ThePlantAssassin
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. ThePlantAssassin

Half Price BUDDLEIA

I bought four dwarf Buddlejas several years ago believing that they would be the same as the full size ones. They have all died bar one. They were in pots on my patio in multi purpose compost...
    I bought four dwarf Buddlejas several years ago believing that they would be the same as the full size ones. They have all died bar one. They were in pots on my patio in multi purpose compost with good drainage. The one that survived and seems to be thriving is one I planted into the ground. I...
    I bought four dwarf Buddlejas several years ago believing that they would be the same as the full size ones. They have all died bar one. They were in pots on my patio in multi purpose compost with good drainage. The one that survived and seems...
    I bought four dwarf Buddlejas several years ago believing that they would be the same as the full size ones. They have all died bar one. They were in pots on my patio in multi purpose compost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Riley

What's eating these leaves?

Vine weevil.
    Vine weevil.
    Vine weevil.
    Vine weevil.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. iamnotarobot

Macho wasps reluctant to give up

Ah OK! Is it likely to damage natural stone paving do you think?
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Green Knees

The biggest Caterpillar in the world?

Ah, I see my little rubber critters were very young ...Elephant Hawk-moth and caterpillar | Wildlife Insight
    Ah, I see my little rubber critters were very young ...Elephant Hawk-moth and caterpillar | Wildlife Insight
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice