Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

Cat Deterrent Talk.? All post of this nature in this thread only.. Humane talk only please.! 2015

Our cat protected all the birds and we have a lot of stories about him. His motto seemed to be 'Two legs good, four legs bad'.
    Our cat protected all the birds and we have a lot of stories about him. His motto seemed to be 'Two legs good, four legs bad'.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

Did you know.... WASPS HATE PEPPERMINT..!!

You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have...
    You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have never heard of mint being a wasp repellant but it is commonly known to be a rat repellant. Yes, mint is...
    You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have never heard of mint being a wasp repellant but it is...
    You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley

An Organic Mite Control Spray for your Greenhouse..!!

Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly .....no sprays other than water for me on edible...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kandy
    Like x 6

Lily Beetles and Larva...

Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

Safe ways to deter Cats from your Garden Information only..

Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found. Garlic, in a spray, which contains garlic oil also...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found....
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. GardeningFin

Caterpillar

I've decided to sacrifice some of my Linaria for them and pick them off others. I'm quite pleased to have some moths.
    I've decided to sacrifice some of my Linaria for them and pick them off others. I'm quite pleased to have some moths.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Macraignil

Cape fuchsia weevil control?

Hi, About this time of year I find my cape fuchsia flowers are attacked by weevils and although still having the odd nice flower the overall look of the phygelius shrubs is made much worse by the...
    Hi, About this time of year I find my cape fuchsia flowers are attacked by weevils and although still having the odd nice flower the overall look of the phygelius shrubs is made much worse by the feeding of weevils. I do not want to use an insecticide as I don't believe in using toxic chemicals...
    Hi, About this time of year I find my cape fuchsia flowers are attacked by weevils and although still having the odd nice flower the overall look of the phygelius shrubs is made much worse by the feeding of weevils. I do not want to use an...
    Hi, About this time of year I find my cape fuchsia flowers are attacked by weevils and although still having the odd nice flower the overall look of the phygelius shrubs is made much worse by the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. DMM

Olive tree problem.... anyone know what this is?

what do you have growing in the pot with it? they look absolutely lovely together. I was worried about adding a climber into the pot in case it overtook my Olive tree but looking at that, I may...
    what do you have growing in the pot with it? they look absolutely lovely together. I was worried about adding a climber into the pot in case it overtook my Olive tree but looking at that, I may actually do it. :-)
    what do you have growing in the pot with it? they look absolutely lovely together. I was worried about adding a climber into the pot in case it overtook my Olive tree but looking at that, I may actually do it. :-)
    what do you have growing in the pot with it? they look absolutely lovely together. I was worried about adding a climber into the pot in case it overtook my Olive tree but looking at that, I may...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. eddybaby

Help what's wrong with my beautiful clematis? The saga continues....

It could be a touch of weedkiller spray, or simply rain and climate. OK the foliage appears to be unaffected, but we have to understand some of the principles of a plants growth etc. In this...
    It could be a touch of weedkiller spray, or simply rain and climate. OK the foliage appears to be unaffected, but we have to understand some of the principles of a plants growth etc. In this instance. The flowers are shall we say, closer to the spray-off, so obviously would be mostly...
    It could be a touch of weedkiller spray, or simply rain and climate. OK the foliage appears to be unaffected, but we have to understand some of the principles of a plants growth etc. In this instance. The flowers are shall we say, closer to...
    It could be a touch of weedkiller spray, or simply rain and climate. OK the foliage appears to be unaffected, but we have to understand some of the principles of a plants growth etc. In this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. TomR1964

Is this maple leaf scorch?

Dry springs are becoming the norm, this year it was extra sunny with it. I think Jap maples have always preferred some shade from drying winds and strong sunshine, especially in spring with soft...
    Dry springs are becoming the norm, this year it was extra sunny with it. I think Jap maples have always preferred some shade from drying winds and strong sunshine, especially in spring with soft your foliage.
    Dry springs are becoming the norm, this year it was extra sunny with it. I think Jap maples have always preferred some shade from drying winds and strong sunshine, especially in spring with soft your foliage.
    Dry springs are becoming the norm, this year it was extra sunny with it. I think Jap maples have always preferred some shade from drying winds and strong sunshine, especially in spring with soft...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. RoyP

Hydrangea help?

If the leaves are wilted 24/7, either the leaves received some injury or the roots have been injured (for example, they have root rot; they were "disturbed" too much when transplanted; etc) such...
    If the leaves are wilted 24/7, either the leaves received some injury or the roots have been injured (for example, they have root rot; they were "disturbed" too much when transplanted; etc) such that they cannot easily absorb and-or send water to the leaves. Since you do not think the plants...
    If the leaves are wilted 24/7, either the leaves received some injury or the roots have been injured (for example, they have root rot; they were "disturbed" too much when transplanted; etc) such that they cannot easily absorb and-or send water to...
    If the leaves are wilted 24/7, either the leaves received some injury or the roots have been injured (for example, they have root rot; they were "disturbed" too much when transplanted; etc) such...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. JWK
    Funny x 10

Scare bear

My family live in Canada and there are bear warning signs up now. Including grizzlies
    My family live in Canada and there are bear warning signs up now. Including grizzlies
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. flamingjune

Various trees have a high proportion of withered/blackened leaves

Agree totally. Here there is a tall elderberry by the door and where it sticks up above the wall of the old stable opposite, it is gale blackened in a straight line. And the same phenomenon along...
    Agree totally. Here there is a tall elderberry by the door and where it sticks up above the wall of the old stable opposite, it is gale blackened in a straight line. And the same phenomenon along the rose hedging etc.
    Agree totally. Here there is a tall elderberry by the door and where it sticks up above the wall of the old stable opposite, it is gale blackened in a straight line. And the same phenomenon along the rose hedging etc.
    Agree totally. Here there is a tall elderberry by the door and where it sticks up above the wall of the old stable opposite, it is gale blackened in a straight line. And the same phenomenon along...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. thriftybri

chrysanthemum plants stripped

One of my precious tree lupin seedlings was reduced to a bare stalk. I had not renewed the slug pellets… I did so and the following morning there were several dead black slugs.. Never seen that...
    One of my precious tree lupin seedlings was reduced to a bare stalk. I had not renewed the slug pellets… I did so and the following morning there were several dead black slugs.. Never seen that kind before.
    One of my precious tree lupin seedlings was reduced to a bare stalk. I had not renewed the slug pellets… I did so and the following morning there were several dead black slugs.. Never seen that kind before.
    One of my precious tree lupin seedlings was reduced to a bare stalk. I had not renewed the slug pellets… I did so and the following morning there were several dead black slugs.. Never seen that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Clutcher

Cabbage spots - help!

Hi been growing these cabbages outside with mesh covering and snail deterrent.anyone know what these spots are?
    Hi been growing these cabbages outside with mesh covering and snail deterrent.anyone know what these spots are?
    DCD6CA32-A089-41FF-AB49-A7DC32A9CFD0.jpeg 771E898A-D038-4579-93A4-18149D2D1066.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. GardeningGreen

Curling Cosmo Leaves

I transplanted my cosmos a few weeks back and have started to notice some leaf curling. Has anyone seen this before? I have been treating with neem oil to prevent aphids, they’re watered regularly...
    I transplanted my cosmos a few weeks back and have started to notice some leaf curling. Has anyone seen this before? I have been treating with neem oil to prevent aphids, they’re watered regularly and the temperature has been perfect!
    I transplanted my cosmos a few weeks back and have started to notice some leaf curling. Has anyone seen this before? I have been treating with neem oil to prevent aphids, they’re watered regularly and the temperature has been perfect!
    I transplanted my cosmos a few weeks back and have started to notice some leaf curling. Has anyone seen this before? I have been treating with neem oil to prevent aphids, they’re watered regularly...
    C3E17D61-ED9E-49C9-9F49-F053038E1F5A.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sarah Eley

Phormium unwell

Thank you, Cuttings! I read about these two on a US site and it said no such diseases existed I the UK which was why I was foxed! I shall look for a cure. Have taken off dead leaves so far.
    Thank you, Cuttings! I read about these two on a US site and it said no such diseases existed I the UK which was why I was foxed! I shall look for a cure. Have taken off dead leaves so far.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Inga
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Howard Stone

Some sort of insect on a vine

I'm seeing positive results from the sulphur. Old leaves are completely free of the spots after one application; they appear on new leaves still. Fruits are forming nicely (though my vine doesn't...
    I'm seeing positive results from the sulphur. Old leaves are completely free of the spots after one application; they appear on new leaves still. Fruits are forming nicely (though my vine doesn't produce edible fruits, just ornamental ones.)One downside is that little white marks appeared on...
    I'm seeing positive results from the sulphur. Old leaves are completely free of the spots after one application; they appear on new leaves still. Fruits are forming nicely (though my vine doesn't produce edible fruits, just ornamental ones.)One...
    I'm seeing positive results from the sulphur. Old leaves are completely free of the spots after one application; they appear on new leaves still. Fruits are forming nicely (though my vine doesn't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Jannt86

Is this normal for a rose?

Hi Jann in that case I'd cut that open flower off and put in in the shade for a couple of days.
    Hi Jann in that case I'd cut that open flower off and put in in the shade for a couple of days.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. 2nd_bassoon

Is this clematis wilt?

Thanks both.Unfortunately we'll never know - I move out next week! I was wondering mainly for my own education, and so I can try to work out what I did wrong (and how not to do it again!)...
    Thanks both.Unfortunately we'll never know - I move out next week! I was wondering mainly for my own education, and so I can try to work out what I did wrong (and how not to do it again!) I'll cut it back and hope it recovers for the next tenants.I'm not actually sure - I first...
    Thanks both.Unfortunately we'll never know - I move out next week! I was wondering mainly for my own education, and so I can try to work out what I did wrong (and how not to do it again!) I'll cut it back and hope it recovers for the next...
    Thanks both.Unfortunately we'll never know - I move out next week! I was wondering mainly for my own education, and so I can try to work out what I did wrong (and how not to do it again!)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Fat Controller

What are these?

Indoors, not outdoors (and have now been removed) - these were on a wall in my daughter's bedroom. Are they moth larvae?
    Indoors, not outdoors (and have now been removed) - these were on a wall in my daughter's bedroom. Are they moth larvae?
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-09 at 21.37.09.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. HarryS

Papery leaves Problem?

good show
    good show
    good show
    good show
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. ljs007

White slugs ruining lawn

Maybe the slugs are just part of the "landscape" but you also have grubs. I'd lift a piece of turf to see. :dunno:
    Maybe the slugs are just part of the "landscape" but you also have grubs. I'd lift a piece of turf to see. :dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. lowrider69

Cheese plant dying Help Please

For training the roots down, in nine when I notice a new one starting I take a 2 litre pop bottle that has had the very top ( the stiff bit) and bottom cut off (and a cut right up the side so it...
    For training the roots down, in nine when I notice a new one starting I take a 2 litre pop bottle that has had the very top ( the stiff bit) and bottom cut off (and a cut right up the side so it opens out) and open it out then let go ( gently) so it wraps the plant, position it so the emerging...
    For training the roots down, in nine when I notice a new one starting I take a 2 litre pop bottle that has had the very top ( the stiff bit) and bottom cut off (and a cut right up the side so it opens out) and open it out then let go ( gently)...
    For training the roots down, in nine when I notice a new one starting I take a 2 litre pop bottle that has had the very top ( the stiff bit) and bottom cut off (and a cut right up the side so it...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice