Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

Did you know.... WASPS HATE PEPPERMINT..!!

You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have...
    You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have never heard of mint being a wasp repellant but it is commonly known to be a rat repellant. Yes, mint is...
    You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have never heard of mint being a wasp repellant but it is...
    You are correct about the candy part. And also since they use artificial flavoursmost of the time to make candies and then add loads of sugar, it is not comparable to the actual plant. I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Cat Deterrent Talk.? All post of this nature in this thread only.. Humane talk only please.! 2015

They always do that usually. :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley

An Organic Mite Control Spray for your Greenhouse..!!

Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly .....no sprays other than water for me on edible...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kandy
    Like x 6

Lily Beetles and Larva...

Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

Safe ways to deter Cats from your Garden Information only..

Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found. Garlic, in a spray, which contains garlic oil also...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found....
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. 2nd_bassoon

Who or what is nibbling their way round my garden?

Underneath cell trays, in the cracks between cells, especially if sitting in seed trays, is a favourite place for slugs to hide.Aphids wont cause such extensive damage, but they'll help finish...
    Underneath cell trays, in the cracks between cells, especially if sitting in seed trays, is a favourite place for slugs to hide.Aphids wont cause such extensive damage, but they'll help finish off seedlings weakend by gnawing slugs.In case they're coming from further than under the plants,...
    Underneath cell trays, in the cracks between cells, especially if sitting in seed trays, is a favourite place for slugs to hide.Aphids wont cause such extensive damage, but they'll help finish off seedlings weakend by gnawing slugs.In case...
    Underneath cell trays, in the cracks between cells, especially if sitting in seed trays, is a favourite place for slugs to hide.Aphids wont cause such extensive damage, but they'll help finish...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Head Gardener's Dogsbody

Advice on Camellia please

Hi Pete, Thanks for your answer. I'll keep an eye on the plant over the next few week!
    Hi Pete, Thanks for your answer. I'll keep an eye on the plant over the next few week!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Scotty2088

Something is eating my clematis

@Scotty2088 ,..top of the list would be those very small snails or young Slugs,..they eat but leave no trail,..the remedy available without you having to leave the house at present would be a...
    @Scotty2088 ,..top of the list would be those very small snails or young Slugs,..they eat but leave no trail,..the remedy available without you having to leave the house at present would be a spray of ordinary liquid soap in tepid water,.. the latter just to disperse the liquid.The best remedy...
    @Scotty2088 ,..top of the list would be those very small snails or young Slugs,..they eat but leave no trail,..the remedy available without you having to leave the house at present would be a spray of ordinary liquid soap in tepid water,.. the...
    @Scotty2088 ,..top of the list would be those very small snails or young Slugs,..they eat but leave no trail,..the remedy available without you having to leave the house at present would be a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. John Mason

what are these grubs in my trug

Thanks for a quick reply. Yes, I'm in the UK. If I see them again this year I'll post another picture, and I'll try the buried potato.
    Thanks for a quick reply. Yes, I'm in the UK. If I see them again this year I'll post another picture, and I'll try the buried potato.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Kon

Heuchera -- powdery mildew?

Hi,Heucheras are generally better in some shade than full sun.Possibly it is mildew due to the change of location and colder soil, but would expect it to recover with the warmer...
    Hi,Heucheras are generally better in some shade than full sun.Possibly it is mildew due to the change of location and colder soil, but would expect it to recover with the warmer spring.Generally find Rose Clear Ultra has a good fungicide in it plus its bug killing properties, though they...
    Hi,Heucheras are generally better in some shade than full sun.Possibly it is mildew due to the change of location and colder soil, but would expect it to recover with the warmer spring.Generally find Rose Clear Ultra has a good fungicide...
    Hi,Heucheras are generally better in some shade than full sun.Possibly it is mildew due to the change of location and colder soil, but would expect it to recover with the warmer...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Shyam

Fuschia (Display) - No buds

Thanks you Ricky. Yes, the stems are green. I will wait as you have suggested.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. RicMac

Rhododendron

Thanks, all, for your replies. The rhody has revived very well on its own, it seems. The advice to hang fire appears to have been sound. Thanks once again, everyone.
    Thanks, all, for your replies. The rhody has revived very well on its own, it seems. The advice to hang fire appears to have been sound. Thanks once again, everyone.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. mazambo

Eggs on bottom of plant pot?

About 2-3 mm long 1mm wide, like a very very small tablet:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. DMM

Olive tree problem.... anyone know what this is?

Well lucky you M'sieur Pete! Isn't your location of Kent known as the garden of England? ;) [Just edited this as saw you are quoted as "the remnants of .... "] :( Wouldn't dare cut mine back that...
    Well lucky you M'sieur Pete! Isn't your location of Kent known as the garden of England? ;) [Just edited this as saw you are quoted as "the remnants of .... "] :( Wouldn't dare cut mine back that far in my neck of the woods! Yes it's in a pot. I have a 'yarden' so have to make the most of what...
    Well lucky you M'sieur Pete! Isn't your location of Kent known as the garden of England? ;) [Just edited this as saw you are quoted as "the remnants of .... "] :( Wouldn't dare cut mine back that far in my neck of the woods! Yes it's in a pot. ...
    Well lucky you M'sieur Pete! Isn't your location of Kent known as the garden of England? ;) [Just edited this as saw you are quoted as "the remnants of .... "] :( Wouldn't dare cut mine back that...
    20200207_162415.jpg 20200204_200459.jpg 2016-07-21 15.48.18.jpg IMG-20180604-WA0011.jpeg 20190702_174512.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. roders
    Funny x 8

Oops...Patent applied for.

I tend to reckon anyone who understands the double entendre is already corrupted, and anyone who isn't won't get the joke unless someone else explains it, at which point it's their fault. :rolleyespink:
    I tend to reckon anyone who understands the double entendre is already corrupted, and anyone who isn't won't get the joke unless someone else explains it, at which point it's their fault. :rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Palustris

Root aphids

Fingers crossed it's worked Palustris. :fingers crossed:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. lolimac

Box Blight..

As can be seen from this photo of a typical Swedish churchyard......box hedging is used quite extensively! A few years ago, many of these churchyards were devastated by Box Blight. Initially,...
    As can be seen from this photo of a typical Swedish churchyard......box hedging is used quite extensively! A few years ago, many of these churchyards were devastated by Box Blight. Initially, there was not much success in eliminating it, but that was then. Nowadays, they use the method...
    As can be seen from this photo of a typical Swedish churchyard......box hedging is used quite extensively! A few years ago, many of these churchyards were devastated by Box Blight. Initially, there was not much success in eliminating it, but...
    As can be seen from this photo of a typical Swedish churchyard......box hedging is used quite extensively! A few years ago, many of these churchyards were devastated by Box Blight. Initially,...
    P1100863.JPG P1100864.JPG 013.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Paul Glinsman

Acer Fungus

I'd have thought that that particular branch had been dead for a year or so, looking at it. There are a couple of snags on it which could have caused it to die back , after which the fungus...
    I'd have thought that that particular branch had been dead for a year or so, looking at it. There are a couple of snags on it which could have caused it to die back , after which the fungus could have got in.
    I'd have thought that that particular branch had been dead for a year or so, looking at it. There are a couple of snags on it which could have caused it to die back , after which the fungus could have got in.
    I'd have thought that that particular branch had been dead for a year or so, looking at it. There are a couple of snags on it which could have caused it to die back , after which the fungus...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. ChilliPepper

Keeping the Cabbage White Butterfly Off My Brassicas

Just make sure birds cant get trapped in there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. karaman

what is this critter found on medlar branch?

Have a google for an emperor moth cocoon @karaman
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. htyas

Smelly white fungus killing perennials

Okay, thanks very much for the suggestions. I’ll try the milk spray since that’s an easy one and may be look to adjust the soil composition before replanting
    Okay, thanks very much for the suggestions. I’ll try the milk spray since that’s an easy one and may be look to adjust the soil composition before replanting
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Bluedogtails

All leaves no flowers - literally!!!

I kind of think it probably is a light/ sun problem, lavender in particular needs heat and sun to do well. As to the Chrysanth, maybe the wrong type for pot growing? Those more ball types are...
    I kind of think it probably is a light/ sun problem, lavender in particular needs heat and sun to do well. As to the Chrysanth, maybe the wrong type for pot growing? Those more ball types are good for containers, plus a bit more feeding, it looks a bit starved.;)Stick with it, we all have lots...
    I kind of think it probably is a light/ sun problem, lavender in particular needs heat and sun to do well. As to the Chrysanth, maybe the wrong type for pot growing? Those more ball types are good for containers, plus a bit more feeding, it...
    I kind of think it probably is a light/ sun problem, lavender in particular needs heat and sun to do well. As to the Chrysanth, maybe the wrong type for pot growing? Those more ball types are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. LincsJohn

What creature is likely to live here?

For years a Toad has lived top of this garden, about 20 mtrs away. I made a hole between the roots of a large tree stump, with two old housebricks to climb on... if it rains too much. :biggrin: Recently a...
    For years a Toad has lived top of this garden, about 20 mtrs away. I made a hole between the roots of a large tree stump, with two old housebricks to climb on... if it rains too much. :biggrin: Recently a young one sits under the kitchen window, under a piece of plywood which catches the late afternoon...
    For years a Toad has lived top of this garden, about 20 mtrs away. I made a hole between the roots of a large tree stump, with two old housebricks to climb on... if it rains too much. :biggrin: Recently a young one sits under the kitchen window, under a...
    For years a Toad has lived top of this garden, about 20 mtrs away. I made a hole between the roots of a large tree stump, with two old housebricks to climb on... if it rains too much. :biggrin: Recently a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. bill-lancaster

Sick miniature laburnham

Looks like insect attack, laburnum often looks a bit tatty at the end of the season, well mine does.
    Looks like insect attack, laburnum often looks a bit tatty at the end of the season, well mine does.
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. ThePlantAssassin

What spray to kill Earwigs?

While several pesticides are available to kill earwigs, they are not required, and you can control them without toxic and potentially hazardous chemicals.Insert a shallow, clean can -- such as a...
    While several pesticides are available to kill earwigs, they are not required, and you can control them without toxic and potentially hazardous chemicals.Insert a shallow, clean can -- such as a cat food or tuna can -- into the ground so the lip of the can is even with the soil level. Fill the...
    While several pesticides are available to kill earwigs, they are not required, and you can control them without toxic and potentially hazardous chemicals.Insert a shallow, clean can -- such as a cat food or tuna can -- into the ground so the...
    While several pesticides are available to kill earwigs, they are not required, and you can control them without toxic and potentially hazardous chemicals.Insert a shallow, clean can -- such as a...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice